Thread: Doctor Who

Default Doctor Who

(Thread for all DW series)

Don't know if anyone's ever heard of Doctor Who. It's a BBC Sci-Fi series that's been going on and off for nearly 50 years with 11 different actors playing the same main character.

Synopsis (by Scott Nisbet):

Rose Tyler, a young shop assistant in a London department store, lives a humdrum and profoundly average life - until the night the shop dummies where she works wake up and try to kill her. Her life is saved by a strange man who only calls himself The Doctor, and intrigued by him, she finds herself thrown headlong into a hectic battle to stop an alien presence from invading Earth and annihilating the human race. She comes to learn that her new friend is even stranger than she thought - in fact, the Doctor's an alien adventurer called a 'Time Lord', seemingly the last of his race, who travels through time and space in his TARDIS battling evil where he finds it. And if she travels with him, she'll find herself witnessing the heat-death of the Earth five billion years in the future, meeting Charles Dickens in the past, and encountering lifeforms and invaders stranger than she'd ever thought possible. Only one thing is certain - it'll be the ride of a lifetime...
    I've watched the 2005-2009 version with Christopher Eccelson and David Tennant as The Doctors and Billie Piper, Freema Agyeman, and Catherine Tate as the companions.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/content/images/2007/05/11/eccleston_396x222.jpg')

Eccelson as Dr.#9

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://animoscrypt.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/david-tennant-26.jpg')
    Tennant as Dr.#10
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icwales2/jun2008/0/5/9C5AF096-9ED3-70E1-1EC11B8CD5DD83FE.jpg')
    Piper as Rose Tyler
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.themindrobber.co.uk/doctor-who-season-3/martha-jones-moon.jpg')
    Agyeman as Martha Jones

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f147/Meddow1985/Doctor%20Who/36.png')
    Tate as Donna Noble

Anybody else seen Doctor Who? (PS: If you can't tell I'm totally obsessed )
    Last edited by Guo Xiang ( :; 11-21-09 at 10:00 PM.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

I've probably seen 98+% of all the episodes, right back to the original b/w series which ran on the PBS station out of Spokane Wash. Lot's of fun memories, including the Tom Baker Dr. Who's robot dog K-9.
    Last edited by JamesG; 11-22-09 at 12:08 AM.

One of the best sci-fi TV series ever. Seen almost all the new ones, and grew up watching re-runs of the old.

Rob

New season and the Doctor runs out of time and regenerates as the 'new' Doctor. It'll take a few episodes to get used to him.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraRob View Post
    One of the best sci-fi TV series ever. Seen almost all the new ones, and grew up watching re-runs of the old.

Rob
    Yeah i also think it's the best sci-fi show ever. I've been watching this series since its beginning.

The Master and Doctor need to get together RIGHT NOW.

I grew up watching this so Doctor Who will always be one of my favorite shows. I remember the first episode I saw was The Mind Robber, a repeat on ABC TV in Australia during the mid 80s. I grew up watching Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker. Giant maggots, dinosaurs, Cybermen and stuff like that made me glued to the TV. Awesome stuff.

Default Season 5 finale

Time rift repaired and 'all's well that ends well'.....sort of?
    The big question still is........who is River Song???
    What do her last words in the episode mean??