Thread: Cheap (last-minute) online flights

Default Cheap (last-minute) online flights

Hello Ladies & Gents of SPCNET,

It has recently come to my attention that I may need to fly from New York to London in the coming weeks. (And no, sorry stalkers--not that I would ever attract any--neither of those cities is an indication of where I live. ) My predicament, however, is that I won't have any confirmation of whether this flight is necessary until about a week (or less) before the actual flight. I've always booked flights well in advance in order to guarantee a seat and get my preferred airline (in this case, I'd like to fly Virgin, but I doubt I'll have much of a choice in the matter).

Since some of you might be more experienced flyers than I am, does anyone know the best websites/strategies for finding great deals, possibly at the last minute? If it helps, I'm under 26 and a full-time student, so I'm probably eligible for whatever discounts come with that. Luckily, quite a few airlines seem to fly NY/London (popular destinations, I guess), but would it be a risk booking an international flight so late? Would I be better off buying a ticket now and paying extra for some travel insurance in case I want to cancel?

Thanks in advance to all repliers
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Sorry, my dear, I can't provide you with any as I don't live a life of a traveller. I'll stalk you if I could ....even with that little infor you have provided

But I think, to book ticket in less than a week's time, it can be possible. I have tried to book flight from here to HK, and I did that 4 days before the departure date. Not sure if you could count on these infor though.

Hope it helps!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Hi sweetie - in this economy, it's not difficult to find good bargains; however, it depends on when you're traveling. You're not planning to travel during this holiday week are you? If so, tough luck, dear!

If you're travelling after the holiday weekend, then check out some of these preferred sites:

1. http://www.lastminutetravel.com/Dest...-Overview.aspx
    2. http://supersearch.travelzoo.com/?ca...FUpK2godLHaymQ
    3. http://www.cheaptickets.com/

Bon Voyage!

i used virgin airlines too as i find them the cheapest. i just did a last minute flight from SF to LA like 3 weeks ago and it costed about $70 per person instead of $300 ( i also fly w/ virgin airlines a lot so i have soem of their milage points, so maybe its so cheap :X) lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

i tend to be rather careless on the pricetags ~ im sorta like, as long as i get what i want, its all good. its so damn easy to con my $$$$