Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AUTUMN CONCERTO

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    patricia n, what do you mean rgx changed for lmc? what kind of change because I don't see he made any change at all other than his outlook.
    Well, RGX first started off being extremely cocky, and he thought all pretty girls were fake behind the looks. When he heard LMC was popular and had rejected many boys, he wanted to "pull off her mask" as the super nice bento girl. He realized that he was wrong and that LMC was truly a passionate, caring girl. That changed a lot of his views on her and the world, and it was the first time he ever truly cared for someone after his dad died. LMC opened a door for him.

Patrica n are you refering to the change after the surgery or before. I understand the before, but since any after yet. Back to my question do you think RGX actually love LMC or out of obligation due to the kid they share. Is that love sound realistic or not?

Patrica n are you refering to the change after the surgery or before. I understand the before, but since any after yet. Back to my question do you think RGX actually love LMC or out of obligation due to the kid they share. Is that love sound realistic or not?
    i've only watched up to episode 5 before and my interpretation of the main male lead's love with his 2 female leads' love is based on what others who already seen all the episodes released thus far speculated. not every couple's love is based on a formula and it is plausible that rgx leaves hyt (is that the second lead's name-tiffany's character) because of his brief happy moments with lmc. there are many people who are spontaneous in this world and live for the moment...rgx and lmc love is passionate...for the moment and perhaps true love based on this script. i never once said rgx loved lmc out of obligation. if anything, i suggested that rgx's companionship with hyt developed into an obligated love (but i haven't seen those episodes yet...this is purely based on what others have speculated). i wouln't know as i haven't seen those episodes yet, but my gut feeling is that he is content with tiffany's character whereas he is a better and changed man but truly happy with lmc.

rgx truly loves lmc...he gave up his old self and basically everything he knew just to be with her. as for the future, i don't see him wanting to be with her and her son because of obligation. based on the ending clips, it seems as though he is at peace and most elated when he's with them and perhaps would rather have this kind of happiness instead of being a greedy lawyer.

it's obvious that rgx changed when he encountered lmc before the surgery...i can't say anything about after up to this point. but to change one's outlook on life is a huge change.

so yes, anything is possible, but i don't think it's very likely that people would leave a 6 year relationship for a 2 week one, but every experience is different. and who are we to really make that judgment unless we've been there.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

you're right patrica n, there something in lmc that make rgx change his characteristic, but what I'm wondering now is that after the surgery total change in rgx. He basically become a greedy, sleazy lawyer which what he hate before the surgery. At this point I don't lmc & rgx is suitable for each other. I also wondering if he remember everything what is he going to do to his mother. Because she the cause of his problem

okay...i finally saw episode 9. wow, i'm hooked.

so after seeing so many more episodes, i believe rgx really loves hyq. it's unfair if he leaves her as they've been together for 6 years and hyq was the one who was reluctant to marry rgx as she fears that she may lose him if he ever recovers his past. it's interesting...i love all of the leads in this series. both the second leading male and female are really nice people who genuinely care for the leads' happiness even if it means putting theirs on hold.

in episode 7 or 8, the lawyer (rgx's mom's lawyer friend) was obviously upset because he was unhappy with the kind of person the rgx has become (a greedy lawyer who doesn't care if he defends the obviously guilty party) and he was even more upset that rgx was now engaged to hyq. according to his judgment, lmc is the "unforgettable" love of rgx's life. which i take it means that rgx may love lmc more than hyq. it's tough...lmc and hyq are both so good to rgx. what a lucky guy. but i feel that lmc's been through the worse of it for rgx. she was there even though she knew his mom didn't welcome him. i'm more of a lmc shipper. but i'm sure if they had showed the gradual development of rgx and hyq's relationship then i might be a fan of that relationship as it seems more real. however, ady's acting makes me feel the chemistry between lmc and rgx more than that between hyq and rgx.

i can't wait to see how this pans out. i feel so sorry for lmc's life...being burdened as a single mother with a child with a chronic and expensive illness. btw, i'm not a fan of her son...i find him annoying. it's tough to find good child actors and this kid is good for his age, but still annoying. i hope that lmc gets the good ending that she deserves.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I absolutely agree w/ patricia n, the kid is annoying I thought I was the only one see that. LMC definitely suffer more because of RGX mom, I'm her fan. After the surgery RGX become a greedy & sleazy lawyers I think partly have to do w/ his mom & second female father. I think the his mom lawyer maybe his biological father. I'm waiting for esp 10. Patricia n, now that you watch this series do you think it better than fated to love you?

i haven't seen fated to love you. wasn't too fond of joe chen in iswak and i gave up the series as i couldn't bring myself to continue watching mind dao and joe chen. call me shallow but i find neither people good looking and failed to see the chemistry. thus i don't really care about ftly. but after reading so many positive reviews, i will try to give that series a try. i love romantic comedy.

plus, i like the way autumn concerto was filmed...didn't really like the direction of iswak. hopefully ftly will be different.

btw, i think that fat bully (the kid) is funny. i love his little crush on tang tang...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i haven't seen fated to love you. wasn't too fond of joe chen in iswak and i gave up the series as i couldn't bring myself to continue watching mind dao and joe chen. call me shallow but i find neither people good looking and failed to see the chemistry. thus i don't really care about ftly. but after reading so many positive reviews, i will try to give that series a try. i love romantic comedy.

plus, i like the way autumn concerto was filmed...didn't really like the direction of iswak. hopefully ftly will be different.

btw, i think that fat bully (the kid) is funny. i love his little crush on tang tang...lol.
    I think you got them mix up. ISWAK is with Ariel and Joe cheng. Fated to love you is with Joe En and Ethan Ruan. I know they all have the similar names.lolz

I thought it was draggy and average. It was basicly another version of the korean "wonderful life". So i found myself comparing the two. Really dont know what the hype is about. I think Ethan "my queen" series was better.

AC is gonna be 15 episodes right? orginally they said to be 12? i quess they extended it.

tuoimongmo2007, how do you like AC so far? No offense to those who like ftly, but I can see the reason why that series rating is so high. If I have a choice I would chose this series over ftly

i meant i tried to watch a prince turns into frog...couldn't bring myself to finish it or to get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post

ISWAK = Joe Cheng (Male)
    FTLY, PTF, Easy fortune happy life = Joe Chen (Female)
    Not surprised you don't like joe Cheng in ISWAK, cos his acting needs a lot of work.

Really try and watch FTLY. It's really good. Anyone I recommend, (even pple who hates taiwan dramas LOVE it).

How many episodes of Prince to frog did you watch??? It seriously needs some getting into. I know when I first started watching it, I thought Ming Dao was really ugly as well, but after that... What can I say?? It may not be as polished as FTLY or AC, but the love story is still a gem. the first few episodes can be a little absurb, but the love story is awesome!

Yes!!! the fat kid is the best!!! Way better than Xiao Bin. If you want to watch him in another very cute role, can try watching Easy Fortune Happy Life. He has a larger role there and is super funny!!

tuoimongmo2007, how do you like AC so far? No offense to those who like ftly, but I can see the reason why that series rating is so high. If I have a choice I would chose this series over ftly
    Bachtuyet, I was reluctant at first about watching AC because it seem like the typical storyline of "damsel in distress meets prince charming". It was exactly what it was. But what makes this series different for me was the actors itself. The story is really nothing new and has been overused in so many dramas.

But i get i am at a period where i am really over Idol dramas. They getting so cheesy for me. So AC kinda save the day for me because it's more realistic and romantic.

As far as comparing AC to FTLY. Well this series reflects the older taiwanese series. Where it's more romantic and sad. While FTLY has somewhat a comedic feel to it. Though it was kinda funny at the biginning but it got really draggy near the middle and end part. I dont know, i didn't think it was a polish series. Having already seen the korean version, i thought it was just average at most.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    Bachtuyet, I was reluctant at first about watching AC because it seem like the typical storyline of "damsel in distress meets prince charming". It was exactly what it was. But what makes this series different for me was the actors itself. The story is really nothing new and has been overused in so many dramas.

But i get i am at a period where i am really over Idol dramas. They getting so cheesy for me. So AC kinda save the day for me because it's more realistic and romantic.

As far as comparing AC to FTLY. Well this series reflects the older taiwanese series. Where it's more romantic and sad. While FTLY has somewhat a comedic feel to it. Though it was kinda funny at the biginning but it got really draggy near the middle and end part. I dont know, i didn't think it was a polish series. Having already seen the korean version, i thought it was just average at most.
    Fated to love you has a korean version? Can you tell me the name of the series? I never watched it and I will love to watch it.

Foreva, the korean version of FTLY is "wonderful life" by Eugene and Kim Jae Won back in 2005. Korean version isn't that better either. It was also funny at first then lost its zinger. IDK i watched alot of series, but i only tend to like a few. Both leads are my favorite actors so it was enjoyable but the series itself isn't great. I would say it's on the line of "enjoyable".

Funny thing is "prince turn into frog" was also mirrored from "save the last dance for me" by the same korean actress Eugene. Though the korean version of that series is rather more on sad and dramatic. THe taiwanese version by Joe is funny. So there's a major difference there.

Here's the picture of it and you read the review from SPCNET
    http://www.spcnet.tv/Korean-Dramas/W...iew-r1266.html
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.korean-drama-guide.com/images/wonderful-life-banner.jpg')
    Last edited by tuoimongmo2007; 12-08-09 at 07:32 PM.

It just me or korean series tend to have 2 type of ending, 1, one of the main lead die of accident or illness 2, unhappy ending & continuance. Don't the producer ever get tired of Idol drama. They need something fresh, investigation & suspense something different. Somehow when I watch this series it kind of remind me of Quynh Giao, she a taiwanese writer I think, there alot of series come from her book.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    Foreva, the korean version of FTLY is "wonderful life" by Eugene and Kim Jae Won back in 2005. Korean version isn't that better either. It was also funny at first then lost its zinger. IDK i watched alot of series, but i only tend to like a few. Both leads are my favorite actors so it was enjoyable but the series itself isn't great. I would say it's on the line of "enjoyable".

Funny thing is "prince turn into frog" was also mirrored from "save the last dance for me" by the same korean actress Eugene. Though the korean version of that series is rather more on sad and dramatic. THe taiwanese version by Joe is funny. So there's a major difference there.
    Oh, so you meant wonderful life and save the last dance. I've actually watched them both. Just that I don't connect them to FTLY and PTF. Wonderful life had more about life after the baby, and FTLY ended with the baby being born.
    and PTF is a comedy, and save the last dance was way sadder but I loved the soundtrack for Save the last dance!!!!

It just me or korean series tend to have 2 type of ending, 1, one of the main lead die of accident or illness 2, unhappy ending & continuance. Don't the producer ever get tired of Idol drama. They need something fresh, investigation & suspense something different. Somehow when I watch this series it kind of remind me of Quynh Giao, she a taiwanese writer I think, there alot of series come from her book.
    You're right AC does remind me of Quynh Giao series. Remember those days with Luu Tuyet Hoa and Som Vang. OMG those series were so sad that you would feel depress after watching it.lolz

After that taiwanese dramas shift to lighter types like Idol Dramas. I think now it's shifting back into old days because people are getting sick of idol dramas.

Have a question for you guy, do you guy prefer Idols drama or Quynh Giao kind of series?

The storyline for AC is not very original and is cliche and predictable even at times but the direction, pace, acting and music are very well-done and probably are the main factors accounting for the desirable ratings atm. However, as good as the ratings seem at current, especially in comparison with "Hi my sweetheart" and "Momo Love" (all 3 airing at the same timeslot), it's still not as good as other SETTV's productions like "Prince turns into Frog", "Fated to love you" or even "My Queen".

Nonetheless, i'm enjoying the series so far and i like Xiao Xiao Bin (child actor as Xiao Le). He can get a bit robotic and exaggerated at times but on the whole, he has this natural childishness and spontaneity which not many child actors possess. Ady is doing a brilliant job as usual and i'm pretty surprised by Van Ness, who's acting has improved quite abit compared to his F4 days. He also looks a lot better with this new image.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I like both ftly & ptif, but I don't like my queen. To me that story is more predictable than this. I think Momo love & hi my sweetheart are just another idol drama, nothing new