Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AUTUMN CONCERTO

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    I like MC everything I just don't understand why she have to leave him before the surgery. I know she do it for him, but shouldn't she fight to be together w/ the person that you love not leave that person when they need you the most.
    I was thinking about that too. Cos i never really quiet understood why she left rgx, i just knew that mu cheng left rgx as a "Thank you" for what yi qian and her father is doing
    but my thoughts are like her
    but from what blueberry said it seems like there is some other reason too
    excited to find out then ;]

Quote Originally Posted by blackangel2073 View Post
    I was thinking about that too. Cos i never really quiet understood why she left rgx, i just knew that mu cheng left rgx as a "Thank you" for what yi qian and her father is doing
    MC didn't exactly leave as a way of showing gratitude to YQ and her dad for saving GX's life. I felt that the main reason she left was to ensure that GX's chances of survival increase with that special operation. GX's mother hinted very explicitly that YQ's father is the only one with the connections to get the special op done for GX but he'll only agree to tap on his connections provided GX abandons his current love (MC) and be together with his daughter (YQ). As it seems, his plans are also exactly in tune with what GX's mother wants so she goes all out in support of it by blackmailing MC and forcing her to leave GX. Of course, she does in a clever manner by staging the whole thing as a "reasonable exchange" for MC- leaving GX as a way of repaying YQ and dad for saving GX.

Nonetheless, I just found out that in the novel, there's also another less important reason which contributed to MC's decision to leave GX. Shan't spoil it for those who do not not know.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Wasn’t it already shown that the main reason was because GX’s mother forced her to by blackmailing her with GX’s life? Or are you referring to one of the other sub-reasons which was revealed in the later bits of the novel?
    No, I'm talking about people on the show (YQ & RGX). And yes, you've already explained above that MC left GX because GX's mom blackmailed her so that GX could have the special operation (which only YQ's father has access to).

GX should be able to see that his mom really dislikes MC and should try to guess whether or not MC left him (partly) because of this. And he should be able to remember that his mom 'tricked' him to another kind operation....and connect that to why MC left him.

I'm just hating GX right now. Yes, I know he's mad at everybody. But he wasn't the only one that suffer. If he really knows what kind of person MC is, he should at least try to read between the lines.

You can't blame GX for being hateful, everybody lies to him even the person he love the most, regardless of everything there is one thing that I admire YQ & that is her honestly to GX. She may omitted the truth, but she also give her side of the story instead of MC whose afraid of everything. I kind like this GX better especially when he threaten MC about taken XL away & make one of sideway smile is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    No, I'm talking about people on the show (YQ & RGX). And yes, you've already explained above that MC left GX because GX's mom blackmailed her so that GX could have the special operation (which only YQ's father has access to).

GX should be able to see that his mom really dislikes MC and should try to guess whether or not MC left him (partly) because of this. And he should be able to remember that his mom 'tricked' him to another kind operation....and connect that to why MC left him.

I'm just hating GX right now. Yes, I know he's mad at everybody. But he wasn't the only one that suffer. If he really knows what kind of person MC is, he should at least try to read between the lines.
    I guess MC played her "cold and heartless" act too well when she left him and because she did not return for him when he was stabbed by her step-dad made him believe that she totally disregarded his life. Doesn't help that GX's jumped to the conclusion that MC left him for Tuo Ye and loves TY now. Coupled with the fact that MC hid the truth about Xiao Le and her past romance from him during his period of memory loss, its quite understandable why GX's so mad at her now.

Wise Fool

MC didn't exactly leave as a way of showing gratitude to YQ and her dad for saving GX's life. I felt that the main reason she left was to ensure that GX's chances of survival increase with that special operation. GX's mother hinted very explicitly that YQ's father is the only one with the connections to get the special op done for GX but he'll only agree to tap on his connections provided GX abandons his current love (MC) and be together with his daughter (YQ). As it seems, his plans are also exactly in tune with what GX's mother wants so she goes all out in support of it by blackmailing MC and forcing her to leave GX. Of course, she does in a clever manner by staging the whole thing as a "reasonable exchange" for MC- leaving GX as a way of repaying YQ and dad for saving GX.
    Thanks for reminding me sunnysnow i completely forgot about the whole yi qian's dad connections and stuff.

Regarding GX being hateful i'm with bachtuyet. GX whole speech to yi qian at the of ep 14 made me understand how he feels. He feels betrayed and lied by people he trusted and he is angered that they also control his life

Doesn't help that GX's jumped to the conclusion that MC left him for Tuo Ye and loves TY now.
    I actually think GX's jealousy plays a great role in his current 'madness'. Without it being said/expressed now, I feel it's obvious GX at least developed 'new' feelings - on top of the ones he had buried in his memory - during his stay with MC & XL.

click to show/hide spoilers
    This is mentioned in the novel, and a factor which I feel they will keep in the series

I think the idea that MC agreed to marry TY (regardless of the reasons), and maybe could genuinely love him is driving GX nutty. See his despair, urgency, and anger when TY told him about his 'new relationship' with MC.

I suppose when one has 2 sets of 'loves' for the same person, the idea they could marry another would be rather...upsetting.

Hearing GX constantly flit between "When you left me 6 years ago..." and "That gardener" with explicit and implicit taunts that MC must love him, that reflects to me of an agression covering up an insecurity of how GX stands in MC's feelings. GX's constant provocation seems to want to force MC to confirm his greatest fear, or give him a real hope. A twisted way of getting attention to put it another way.

The way he's going about it though, he walks that fine line between Mr Rochester or really getting on MC nerves. You want to keep the girl off balance, not induce her to despise, possibly hate you. Well, being a good lawyer, hopefully GX knows when to pull the reins in.

I loved Ady's indignant, horrified, upset expression when GX smacked her one on the lips.

GX: "Get use to living like this..." Oh, the cruelty! Especially given her disempowered state of upbringing.

I suppose from GX POV at this point, anything's better than losing MC.

Though, I'm really annoyed that GX admitted the he had 'once' truly loved YQ. Poor TY, being with MC far longer than GX/MC and GX/YQ, got nothin!

Despite the impressive emotional performance from Van Ness/GX, it sort of dilutes his angsty at losing the woman he loves, when he can apparently hop from still loving MC (in a betrayed way I suppose now), love YQ, developing feelings for MC in his amnesiac state?, and now obviously madly trying to 'acquire' MC again. Makes MC sort of the longest, most persistent loving (with the exception of TY of course).

That raises the question: should GX be excused because of his memory loss. Depends how one views emotions. I personally believe and think they can exist despite the effects of amnesia. One would think the strength of GX's feelings for MC would sort of make him adverse to having a new relationship with anyone else...unless of course he identifies YQ in some way with MC (in this case, he's trying to reclaim a memory of feeling rather than genuinely loving YQ for herself). At least in the novel, this is implicated as such.

It was GX rather than YQ who kept on dragging out the engagement. They parted with a heart-felt hug rather than GX admit he ever loved her. *Sigh* I like this turn of events better.

Is the series follow the book version or itself? Because if it follow the book, don't they have a bitter ending

Don't you mean a "better ending" bachtuyet? The novel ending was nothing but happy...rather sweet and unique if you ask me.

I briefed through the novel because it didn't have enough depth for me...now it's somewhere in our 'shed' *sigh*. Sunnysnow, can you remind me of the 'ulterior' motive that MC had beside's CEO Fang's blackmail for her to leave GX? I don't remember any other motivation. Ta!

Unless of course, based on MC's audio recording on the memory chip, she truly believed her 'stop' was not at his 'stop'. Which I don't find much of a motive anyway

I believe the reason why because of YQ father only agree to do the surgery if GX is w/YQ. MC want GX to live so she gave him up. She doesn't know at the time that she is pregnant.

aaahhhhh...i was going to wait until the whole thing is sub before i continue watching. since i'm reading so much about it i went and watched episodes 9 - 15 today and now i can't wait for the next!

love ady and vanness! i hope they have a happy ending.
    ---------
    Shellie

You can't blame GX for being hateful, everybody lies to him even the person he love the most,
    I didn't blame him foe being mad at everybody. But he should know what kind of person his mom is. Mean, ruthless and will do everything to get what she wants. On the other hand, if he really loves MC, he should know what kind of person MC is. Same goes to YQ, after spending 6 yrs with her, he should know her personality. Yes, they all lied to him, but each has different reason. He should know. AT LEAST, he should know the most about his mom and connect that with her dislike with MC and try to guess why MC left him.

I guess MC played her "cold and heartless" act too well when she left him and because she did not return for him when he was stabbed by her step-dad made him believe that she totally disregarded his life. Doesn't help that GX's jumped to the conclusion that MC left him for Tuo Ye and loves TY now. Coupled with the fact that MC hid the truth about Xiao Le and her past romance from him during his period of memory loss, its quite understandable why GX's so mad at her now.
    I agree with NuDaFu that GX has some jealousy issues with TY and with what you said above. But I mean, if MC really loves TY, she would've married him long time ago, wouldn't she? They pretty much live close to each other, TY's around to help all the time....why didn't they get married if they really love each other so much that MC left GX behind to be with TY? When GX himself thought he really loves YQ, he wanted to marry her since long time ago, didn't he?

Oh well...I guess this what makes idol drama a idol drama. I'll just enjoy the rest of the series and let this go.

It look like he still venting his anger & jealousy not actually hate MC. Understand & knowing are two very different thing

they're getting back together, GX mom actually have a heart, she just doesn't know how to show it. I want to kill the businessman so bad. Is TY mom give them up for adoption, I don't get the last part. I want to see more of GX & MC

they're trying the whole dating process again it so cute. don't like his new look

they're trying the whole dating process again it so cute. don't like his new look
    omg me either! i mean, its not bad, but i just think his hair before the 6 years looked SOO nice! it made him so much more attractive lol. i was mad when they cut it

he is losing his touch, his assistant is a smart mouth. anybody remember a girl he date that make him run in high heel. I think she want to get back w/him.

So, anybody knows yet how long this gonna be? 20 eps?

probably 20 esp by the look of things, hopefully not any longer than that otherwise its just draggy

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    So, anybody knows yet how long this gonna be? 20 eps?
    It's going to be 20 episodes and the last episode will apparently air only on 21st Feb because a CNY special programme is scheduled to air in its place on 14th Feb.

Nonetheless, fans who can't get enough of the series will be happy to know that there will a special episode which Ady accidentally let slip during one of those behind-the-scenes clips.

On a side note, Chris Wu (Tuo Ye) recently took a 7m pool plunge in front of the media- a move he had promised to do if the series broke the 6% rating (which it did starting from episode 12). The director Chen Hui Ling also revealed that Ady has promised to do a pole dance if the series breaks the 10% rating and upon reporters' urging, Van Ness promises to take a 10m dive if the series breaks the 11% rating.

The highest rating score for this series is currently 8.23 (episode 18) and although AC currently ranks 2nd in the list of most watched Taiwanese idol dramas, its highest rating score is still far off from "Fated to Love you", which ranks no. 1 with a rating of 10.91
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 02-04-10 at 09:03 AM.

Wise Fool