Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: AUTUMN CONCERTO

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    As expected, there's gonna be an extra episode to conclude the series. Gosh, after watching ep 20, I really feel like slapping GX awake. Am so sick of his sulky-the-whole-world-owes-me-a-living and wallowing-in-self-pity attitude.

What right does he have to blame everything on MC and expect her to make it up to him? Can't he see that his mistrust and jealousy is one of the main reasons pushing them apart? And I simply can't stomach the ungrateful and nonchalant way he shrugs off the fact that MC left to save his life 6 yrs ago. And after all she went through to bring up his son and ensure that he, GX leads a safe and blissful life, how dare he label her actions as selfish?? What a spoiled and self-centered brat!

Now I really think MC should just marry TY who's a million times more understanding, sensitive and matured a character.
    oh my gosh i know!! what happened to the nice, cute, understanding guang xi from before? its like i liked him better before he got his memory back, gosh. he became so annoying! such a turn off the ending looks cute though, so hopefully he'll do something cute next episode to redeem himself

TY is amazing! but i think he looks cuter with chi xin

Watching the last episode was really a WTH? moment for me. Its so obvious that ep 21 was a hastily put together attempt to churn out some sort of a happy ending to please the audience, no matter whether the series of events linked properly to the previous episodes or not. And for goodness sake, they could have just placed the barely-30mins so-called grand finale together with episode 20 which could have probably lessen the gap (which was awkwardly filled) between ep 20 and 21.

What an anti-climatic and disappointing end to this series! Actually things were starting to get boring and somewhat incoherent in the last few episodes with the creation of all those silly misunderstandings and seemingly-serious-but-actually-simple-and-petty arguments. I much prefer the ending plot of the novel, especially the very last bit which was pretty touching and memorable. The series' ending on the contrary, was just so forced and unnatural and i actually realise that i had turned indifferent and just couldn't be bothered about MC and GX's r/s anymore towards the end.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Watching the last episode was really a WTH? moment for me. Its so obvious that ep 21 was a hastily put together attempt to churn out some sort of a happy ending to please the audience, no matter whether the series of events linked properly to the previous episodes or not. And for goodness sake, they could have just placed the barely-30mins so-called grand finale together with episode 20 which could have probably lessen the gap (which was awkwardly filled) between ep 20 and 21.

What an anti-climatic and disappointing end to this series! Actually things were starting to get boring and somewhat incoherent in the last few episodes with the creation of all those silly misunderstandings and seemingly-serious-but-actually-simple-and-petty arguments. I much prefer the ending plot of the novel, especially the very last bit which was pretty touching and memorable. The series' ending on the contrary, was just so forced and unnatural and i actually realise that i had turned indifferent and just couldn't be bothered about MC and GX's r/s anymore towards the end.
    i still thought the ending was really cute just because they FINALLY got back together, but i agree - it was such a pointless 30 minute thing! they totally couldve just added that on to 20 and it wouldve made so much more sense. but the thing that got me really annoyed was that they've been lying to each other/not saying what they felt for like the past 10 episodes and then all of a sudden they start speaking what they feel? its so sudden, like she hasnt been telling him ANYTHING since marrying him and all of a sudden she's like, i dont wanna divorce! i love you! wtf? where did that come from?
    and even though they managed to tie up all the loose ends it still felt like a hasty ending. they didnt even show xiao a yi again, just a picture of her! and the mom and the lawyer guy? really?
    the last last scene was cute though, when xiao le tricked GX/MC to kiss, haha

Frankly this series started going downhill the moment Van Ness recovered his memory. That whole forced marriage crap and threatening to take custody of the kid was such BS. I had really high hopes during the middle section where there was serious tension when Van Ness was living at her house in the flower village. That part was great. The beginning was pretty standard idol drama fair (school drama stuff, popular girl vs. outcast, friend vs. lover, etc.) and the ending was just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyChrono View Post
    Frankly this series started going downhill the moment Van Ness recovered his memory. That whole forced marriage crap and threatening to take custody of the kid was such BS. I had really high hopes during the middle section where there was serious tension when Van Ness was living at her house in the flower village. That part was great. The beginning was pretty standard idol drama fair (school drama stuff, popular girl vs. outcast, friend vs. lover, etc.) and the ending was just bad.
    I actually was pretty excited when they first had the forced marriage thing cause i thought it'll be interesting to see the confusion and uncertainty btw the couple and how they finally resolve it. But to my disappointing, the whole thing was so poorly handled and instead of progressing towards a resolution, they kept introducing 1 misunderstanding after another and going round in circles over the same old stupid issue before finally throwing in a badly-planned and hasty "happy ending" to end the tiresome quarrels.

Read that the later bits of the script was written by different writer(s). Probably the reason why the the later episodes were so boring and poorly executed (plot-wise) compared to the earlier episodes. Could also be that they introduced so many unnecessary misunderstandings and sub-lots to prolong the good ratings (which almost always happens when a series does well with the audience).
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I actually was pretty excited when they first had the forced marriage thing cause i thought it'll be interesting to see the confusion and uncertainty btw the couple and how they finally resolve it. But to my disappointing, the whole thing was so poorly handled and instead of progressing towards a resolution, they kept introducing 1 misunderstanding after another and going round in circles over the same old stupid issue before finally throwing in a badly-planned and hasty "happy ending" to end the tiresome quarrels.

Read that the later bits of the script was written by different writer(s). Probably the reason why the the later episodes were so boring and poorly executed (plot-wise) compared to the earlier episodes. Could also be that they introduced so many unnecessary misunderstandings and sub-lots to prolong the good ratings (which almost always happens when a series does well with the audience).
    exactly, that's why the ending seemed so sudden! they've just been having misunderstanding after misunderstanding, and all of a sudden they decide to start talking to each other about it? it was so random!

i would believe that the second part was by a different person, the second half was worse than the first, imo. but in my opinion, adding unnecessary misunderstanding and stupid petty arguments will just turn more viewers away! how does that bring up the ratings? i mean, personally, i got so sick of them arguing i didn't even feel like watching anymore.

Bah did not like this series one bit. Liang Mu Chen should have ended up with her step dad and the taiwanese could turn it into a Chiong yao sob fest show which it already more or less it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan View Post
    Bah did not like this series one bit. Liang Mu Chen should have ended up with her step dad and the taiwanese could turn it into a Chiong yao sob fest show which it already more or less it.
    When did sexual abuse become something worth laughing about? It is a major issue that should not be used in a joke. You don't have to like this series. You are free to do, but please don't make this joke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan View Post
    I don't think I have ever read anything dumber than this.

As for the series is concern, it seems that they drag the misunderstandings out longer than it should have been. Felt a little dragging through some of the eps. Love the kid actor though.

If you don't like the series don't watch it, somehow I just don't like the kid

I just finished this drama and overall, I didn't really like it too much. I was already bored with it after the first half of episode 1. I only continued with it for the sake of finishing it. Plus, my sister kept nagging me to watch it, so I thought it would get better. Unfortunately, the storyline gets worse as it progresses. The misunderstandings between GX and MC was silly too me. And GX got quite annoying after regaining his memory. On the positive side, I did enjoy the acting from the cast. The kid actor was cute and I liked the scenes between him and his grandmother.
    Last edited by botan; 12-22-10 at 12:34 AM.

I read somewhere that they plan to make a sequel to this series.

This is my all-time favorite drama! The chemistry of VanDy is exceptional!!! I hope they will have another drama as lead casts, and of course, with their little Xiao Le!

Autumn's Concerto best defines OBSESSION!
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/anyixuan/vklWX.jpg'), '')

This drama really blew me away!! I haven't seen Vaness this good!! Ady, as expected, always gave her finest. Xiao Xiao Bin..this kid...he was one reason why I stuck around. He he he..There was never an episode that I got bored with..and even if I watch it over and over again..I find this drama..one of the finest, if not, one of the most memorable dramas in Taiwan Dramas. I salute the writers for a job well done...
    Start with what you have.....the rest will follow.

I think I read somewhere Vaness going to make a new series something queen. It'll be interesting

Ady was really awesome

It's called, "Material Queen". The producer and director of autumn's concerto are collaborating again, for this drama. Let's see if it does as well as AC..but from the production pictures...it seems really elegant. Vaness is learning to speak French, because most of the scenes will be shot in Paris, France. The visuals..cinematography of the drama..is like watching a classic movie..in living color. BTW, the "material" girl will be played by model/actress..Lynn Xiong, who happens to be way taller than Van. I thank Jerry for stepping down and giving the role to Vaness...
    Start with what you have.....the rest will follow.

Isn't Lynn Xiong older than Vaness

As expected, there's gonna be an extra episode to conclude the series. Gosh, after watching ep 20, I really feel like slapping GX awake. Am so sick of his sulky-the-whole-world-owes-me-a-living and wallowing-in-self-pity attitude.

What right does he have to blame everything on MC and expect her to make it up to him? Can't he see that his mistrust and jealousy is one of the main reasons pushing them apart? And I simply can't stomach the ungrateful and nonchalant way he shrugs off the fact that MC left to save his life 6 yrs ago. And after all she went through to bring up his son and ensure that he, GX leads a safe and blissful life, how dare he label her actions as selfish?? What a spoiled and self-centered brat!

Now I really think MC should just marry TY who's a million times more understanding, sensitive and matured a character.
    Watched this drama for than 7 times not that addicted now, but its still near the top of my dramas list.

LOL. Totally agree with your other comments, but the problem with MC and TY relationship is that it is unrequited love; without reciprocation . But I'm happy that GX finally saw the truth and stayed with MC. but truth be told, the first half of Autumn's Concerto is so much better than say, from ep 14 onwards.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).