Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AUTUMN CONCERTO

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    I like both ftly & ptif, but I don't like my queen. To me that story is more predictable than this. I think Momo love & hi my sweetheart are just another idol drama, nothing new
    I actually enjoy My Queen much more than FTLY and PTIF (the latter which i didn't bother to finish). Really don't understand the huge craze surrounding FTLY which i find very average in storyline coupled with plenty of silly and exaggerated scenes. Doesn't help that there are so many redundant scenes added just to prolong the no. of eps because it was doing so well ratings-wise.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

^^ you and me both Sunnysnow.I found the korean version to be more realistic. Often times Idol dramas tend too be too exaggerated and not real. If the series was not so draggy, it would have been ok. .

Funny thing is i feel like Taiwanese loves Joe en. All her series have done really well in ratings. In fact FTLY broke more than 10 in ratings.

But in a way they do have a variety of shows that feeds different types of viewers because if all the shows were like AC then people would be bore after awhile. Idol dramas are not all great. Once in a while there is a good one. Short Idol dramas are sometime heart warming.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    ^^ you and me both Sunnysnow.I found the korean version to be more realistic. Often times Idol dramas tend too be too exaggerated and not real. If the series was not so draggy, it would have been ok. .

Funny thing is i feel like Taiwanese loves Joe en. All her series have done really well in ratings. In fact FTLY broke more than 10 in ratings.

But in a way they do have a variety of shows that feeds different types of viewers because if all the shows were like AC then people would be bore after awhile. Idol dramas are not all great. Once in a while there is a good one. Short Idol dramas are sometime heart warming.
    there is a korean version?
    I dont' know, I am nota fan of korean dramas because I actually find them draggy.. and their speech is always so long. The storyline is predictable, with mediocre acting, and really unrealistic odds..
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    I actually enjoy My Queen much more than FTLY and PTIF (the latter which i didn't bother to finish). Really don't understand the huge craze surrounding FTLY which i find very average in storyline coupled with plenty of silly and exaggerated scenes. Doesn't help that there are so many redundant scenes added just to prolong the no. of eps because it was doing so well ratings-wise.
    i totally love PTIF! i bought two copies of the dvds and gave one to my sister.

i only got to episode 3 or 4 of FTLY and didn't find it interesting at all so i'm with you there.
    ---------
    Shellie

shellie, it a good things you didn't finish ftly, there alot of repetition & exaggerate in it. I usually don't watch korean because somehow all the series that I chose tend to have sad ending, so I don't watch as much but I'm very interest in korean version of ftly & ptif & ac. please tell where to get them

but I'm very interest in korean version of ftly & ptif & ac. please tell where to get them
    I know PTIF's Korean counterpart is "Save the last dance for me" starring Eugene and Ji Sung but I'm not aware that there's a Korean version of FTLY and AC. AC btw, is adapted from the novel with the same Mandarin title, "Xia Yi Zhang, Xing Fu" (Next Stop, Happiness).

Wise Fool

i started this series like couple days of ago and im up to ep 7 and its quiet promising
    i do have some comments bout it though but i cbb to write it now lol

I know PTIF's Korean counterpart is "Save the last dance for me" starring Eugene and Ji Sung but I'm not aware that there's a Korean version of FTLY and AC. AC btw, is adapted from the novel with the same Mandarin title, "Xia Yi Zhang, Xing Fu" (Next Stop, Happiness).
    I dont think there is korean version of AC.

Korean version of FTLY is dated back in 2005. It's "wonderful life" also by Eugene and Kim Jae Won. Funny coincidence huh! Though the korean version of WL, follows similar format but differs in a way that it goes up to where the kids grow up. I posted a picture on the page before this one.

shellie, it a good things you didn't finish ftly, there alot of repetition & exaggerate in it. I usually don't watch korean because somehow all the series that I chose tend to have sad ending, so I don't watch as much but I'm very interest in korean version of ftly & ptif & ac. please tell where to get them
    Once in a while i think you should try out new things.Some korean series are repetitive but it does not mean all of them are like that.
    I got really addicted to "you're beautiful", it's pretty funny and cute. You should check it out. "My girl", "Boys over flowers" were among the many enjoyable series that left me loving it until these days. I usually enjoy light hearted comedies, so these are of course the ones i love.

You can find all these series at Aznv.tv. It's all in english subs though.
    Last edited by tuoimongmo2007; 12-16-09 at 05:28 PM.

oh really? i was under the impression that the book came out because of the series (like, promotion for it)

Where can I find wonderful life & save the last dance? I never said that I have never watch Korean, I try several such boys over flower, Cinderella man, dream, angel temptation. If you like happy ending try this series, it really good & have all the hot people. Korean version, its sadder or realistic, just want to prepare myself.

Where can I find wonderful life & save the last dance? I never said that I have never watch Korean, I try several such boys over flower, Cinderella man, dream, angel temptation. If you like happy ending try this series, it really good & have all the hot people. Korean version, its sadder or realistic, just want to prepare myself.
    OMG you're watching "temptation of an angel", that series is darn right twisted. THough Bae Soon Bin is hot and the evil girl is good in her role. I found the supporting cast rather not up to their expectation, simply put they can't act. I am really anxious for the ending, i hope she does not die.

tuoimongmo2007, you should give that series, its very good, I love the guy that play the husband after the surgery, he is sooo hot & very into character

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i just started this drama....really liking it so far. the acting is very good and nice script too. the step dad is a major creepy pervert and i get anxious when he's in a scene with lmc.

anyhow, although i know who lmc will end up with, i would have loved it if lmc and ty had a chance. he's soooo sweet with his undying and nondemanding love for her. all the sacrifices he's made to date (what with fighting an entire hockey team by himself so that the two leads can escape)...it's simply sweet. and he loves from a distance and remains a true friend, never once pressuring her. and i'm only on episode 3...sooo sweet.
    yea the step dad freaks me out. I remember in the scene where rgx was chasing after lmc in the car and the step dad was hiding with a knife of something and so the whole time i was too worried about what the step dad was going to do to care what was happening between rgx and lmc

i love tou ye his everything you described . i hope in the end he finds his own xing fu because he really deserves it. So does yi qian

hey, what ever happen to the step dad? did he go to jail or punish because of harming vannese

Anybody knows how long this gonna be? I thought they only have around 12-13 eps, but I heard they have several more eps since it's been getting good rating. Can anybody confirm?

Been watching up to ep 11. The only thing good about this series is because I can't guess what's the end gonna be :
    1. RGX & LMC will get together happily ever after, HYQ would let go of RGX willingly.
    2. HYQ will turn evil & turn against LMC/RGX
    3. LMC got killed by the stepdad because of revenge --> RGX & HYQ keeps the boy
    4. RGX got killed (either by LMC's stepdad or HYQ's dad or FangGuo) --> nobody gets RGX

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    Anybody knows how long this gonna be? I thought they only have around 12-13 eps, but I heard they have several more eps since it's been getting good rating. Can anybody confirm?

Been watching up to ep 11. The only thing good about this series is because I can't guess what's the end gonna be :
    1. RGX & LMC will get together happily ever after, HYQ would let go of RGX willingly.
    4. RGX got killed (either by LMC's stepdad or HYQ's dad or FangGuo) --> nobody gets RGX

i saw on dramawiki that there will be 17 episodes but then again you cant really trust wikipedia. Lol interesting endings i think it would probably be the first one since i cant see HYQ turning evil, from the preview of ep 12 it seems like HYQ misunderstood LMC for leaving RGX and therefore is angry at her or something and I thought the step dad was like locked up
    But yea i cant guess the ending either

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    oh really? i was under the impression that the book came out because of the series (like, promotion for it)
    Really? I'm not sure abt this though i do know that the plot and characterization in the novel is somewhat different from the series.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post

There are speculations of abt 17-20 episodes as there was an article that stated that the series will only finish airing in Feb next yr. But i don't think the series will go over 20 episodes since filming was already completed earlier this month.

As for the ending, my guess is that it'll be a typical happy one handled in an intense and stylish manner (just like the rest of the series) though it could also be a sad one (either MC or GX die) but i dont think GX will end up with YQ.

click to show/hide spoilers
    If im not mistaken though, MC and GX do not end up together in the novel.
    Can someone who has read the book enlighten us?

Wise Fool

regarding the novel's ending

gx and mc end up together. they gotmarried as gx found out that xl is his child but there are so many misunderstandings in the novel during their marriage, such as when gx thought that mc loved ty and mc thought that gx only married her because of xl so she kept her distance from him. of course the misunderstandings eventually clear up and then they become a happy family at last. this is the ending that someone who had read the novel shared with everyone else at asianfanatics.net.

if anything, i hope that the series deviates greatly from the novel in regards to how it solves the whole misunderstanding as there is too much unnecessary and stupid drama in the novel. anyhow, the pace of the series has slowed down a lot...i much prefer the pace of the first 6 episodes. also, xl gets a bigger and bigger role and i find that child actor very annoying. although he is decent to good for his age, he is not a very convincing actor. he overexaggerates and he really is not cute in imo...his screen time annoys me but i tolerate it because i like the storyline and the other actors.

ty and yq's scene is cute in episode 12. i like how ty lets go of his prejudice and judges yq for who she is as a person instead of who her father is. i do wish that they each have a happy ending but i feel more for ty. at least yq has gx for 6 years but ty gets nothing but a friendship. he only hopes to be with mc and only hopes for xl to accept him but settles for friendship without pressuring mc or xl.

i wanted to hurt xl. i felt so sad for ty when he asked xl why he likes gx so much. ty tried to make him feel better by promising him that he would always be there for xl...be the one to take him places and teach him new experiences. but xl just ignores him. i understand that the underlying message is that xl feels a strong connection with gx because they are biologically related...but seriously, does he have to be such a brat and hurt a man who tried to do everything to make his and his mother's life easier without asking for anything in return?

anyhow, am still loving the series but wish they would step up the pace. i heard the series will be 17 episodes long as well.

my heart broke when mc denied that she is the girl in gx's past when he confronted her...it's so cute how he is falling in love with her again. i wish the strong mc would return and reveal the truth but we know she has matured and is only doing what she thinks is best for gx
    . can't wait for episode 13.
    Last edited by patricia n; 12-23-09 at 05:11 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Trailer for the next episode.

This has to be one of the most suspenseful trailer of this show. Can't wait for sunday to come.