Thread: TVB artist Chan Hung Lit Dies of heart stroke at the age of 65

Default TVB artist Chan Hung Lit Dies of heart stroke at the age of 65

TVB artist Chan Hung Lit dies of heart stroke on the 24th at the age of 65

source : ENT.163
    translated by little bee @ http://asianfanatics.net

TVB actor Chan Hun Lit, who had been acting as the Corporation CEO in "Off Pedder", lose consciousness at around 4PM due to a heart attack, he got transported by ambulance to Tseung Kwan O hospital's emergencies.
    It is reported that while he was filming, popular actor Chan Hung Lit's heart started to hurt and he was sent to the hospital, however, after the doctors tried to reanimate him for 2 hours, they had to declare his death at 19h11.
    TVB executive Virginia Lok announce the news of his death to the public from the hospital.

It is reported that his widow is flying right now from Taiwan to organise his funeral.

Data :

Chan Hung Lit (1943-2009), original surname Chow, was born in Shanghai, he was a very famous vilain in the 60's and 70's chinese movies, being also one of the few actors whose fame skyrocketted while acting as vilains. He had once built his own Film company, directing movies, now, a TVB actor.
    Coming from a wealthy family, the 11 siblings had 11 servants to take care of them; his house being the famous big residence near the Huashan Hospital in Shanghai. After the hostilities began in 1949, he followed his mother to Hong Kong, it is when he changed his surname to Chan like his mother.
    In 1962, he joined the Shaw company's "South Country training classes", after he graduated, he officialy signed as a Shaw's actor.
    In 1974, he married famous actress Angela, Pan Yin-Tze, however, they divorced in 1977.
    His current wife, Tsui Sai Wing gave birth to a daughter, Chan Bun Hung after two years of marriage.
    In 1974, he directed his first movie 《冲天炮》, and 《狼吻》which he also directed received the Best Cinematography award at the Asain Film festival.
    In January of 1988, after acting in the serial TV drama《皇帝与公主》, he focused on trading and didn't appear again in the showbusiness until his return in 1995, joining TVB, then leaving again in 1996, only to return in 2003.

He had acted in TV serials such as : "The Gem of Life", "Phoenix Rising", Heart of Greed, CIB Files..
    And movies such as "Come Drink With Me"(大醉侠), "The Eight Hundred Heroes"(八百壮士), "One Armed judo knife"(獨臂空手刀), "Death Valley"(斷魂谷), "The Eight Dragon Sword"(龙形八剑), "King Of Fighters" (拳王之王), "Fertility bank" (肉蒲团) etc...

Link
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index...owtopic=700079
    RIP ,he is a great actor in all TVB serial he in .

I'm so very saddened. This is so unexpected.

RIP
    Have you learned to love one another?

This is very sad news. I enjoyed his performances in Best Selling Secrets and Off Pedder, and a number of other dramas. It's so sudden.

RIP.
    玉木宏

blog

He is a good actor. I like him in "Dark Tales".
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 11-25-09 at 03:58 PM.

TVB's loss of another veteran actor. He did well in all the TVB series (within my knowledge) whether as a villain or a good guy.

RIP Chan Hung Lit
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 11-25-09 at 01:00 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

What??? This is way too sudden!

I will miss his presence.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I remembered him most from Bodyguards trilogy series with Kenny Ho, Dark Tales and my personal favorite is his role in Best Selling Secrets (haven't seen Off Peddler). It was in Best Selling Secrets is where I found him so hilarious. It was only one or two weeks ago that I read and found out he was married to Pan Yin Tze before. I'm so surprised he's passed away now. 65 years old is still not that old. I'll miss seeing him in tv series.

RIP Mr. Chan.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I always wonder if he is related to chan ho?

RIP

Han S
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

R.I.P. Chan Hung Lit

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I always wonder if he is related to chan ho?

RIP

Han S
    No, but they are pretty close friends.

It's so sudden. Just saw him performing in the Anniversary program last week and now he's gone.

rip .
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

i just heard the news. I want to cry now. He seemed so healthy and happy.

RIP. Chan Hung Lit. I love him in "Off Pedder" and "Best Selling Secrets". I am glad I was able to enjoy his works. I am so sad now!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I mainly remember him in villain roles, but he was a good actor. R.I.P.

Banned

Let him rip

He was such a great actor and I really will miss seeing him act.I am so in shock that he is now gone.... May he rest in peace....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I remember the first time I saw him act in modern times - it was Fist of Power, and the Southern Boxing expert, Luk Ah Choy, played by Chan, was squaring off against the Northern Boxing expert Miu Cheuk Foong, played by fellow Shaw Brothers regular Johnny Wong Lung Wai, and I thought how much charisma both of them had. Chan Hung Lit, in particular, had a very clear, raspy voice which almost seemed dubbed because it really stood out, similar to Lau Siu Ming's, but with more emphasis on diction and enunciation. I really liked him in Fist of Power, but the next time I saw him I was really impressed - Zuo Lengchan in State of Divinity.

As Zuo, Chan's authoritative voice really carried weight, and he looked and felt every bit the head of the largest and most obnoxious sect in wulin. Even when surprised by the Sun Moon sect at the beginning, Zuo was the only one who looked and sounded like a threat to Ren Woxing, even though you knew he wouldn't be a match at all. Throughout the series he continues to command respect and fear, and after that serial every time he appears on screen he commands attention. A far cry from his performance in TVB's 1979 production of One Sword, where his youth made him look less outstanding (and really, I couldn't recognise him at all). Definitely a fine wine which only got better as he aged, and sadly his contributions to TV were cruelly cut short when he had a few more years left in him. I will definitely miss him - there's hardly anyone in TVB who can command that kind of screen presence anymore these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I remember the first time I saw him act in modern times - it was Fist of Power, and the Southern Boxing expert, Luk Ah Choy, played by Chan, was squaring off against the Northern Boxing expert Miu Cheuk Foong, played by fellow Shaw Brothers regular Johnny Wong Lung Wai, and I thought how much charisma both of them had. Chan Hung Lit, in particular, had a very clear, raspy voice which almost seemed dubbed because it really stood out, similar to Lau Siu Ming's, but with more emphasis on diction and enunciation. I really liked him in Fist of Power, but the next time I saw him I was really impressed - Zuo Lengchan in State of Divinity.

As Zuo, Chan's authoritative voice really carried weight, and he looked and felt every bit the head of the largest and most obnoxious sect in wulin. Even when surprised by the Sun Moon sect at the beginning, Zuo was the only one who looked and sounded like a threat to Ren Woxing, even though you knew he wouldn't be a match at all. Throughout the series he continues to command respect and fear, and after that serial every time he appears on screen he commands attention. A far cry from his performance in TVB's 1979 production of One Sword, where his youth made him look less outstanding (and really, I couldn't recognise him at all). Definitely a fine wine which only got better as he aged, and sadly his contributions to TV were cruelly cut short when he had a few more years left in him. I will definitely miss him - there's hardly anyone in TVB who can command that kind of screen presence anymore these days.

I agree, he really does have an authoritative presence. When I last saw him in Best Selling Secrets (modern drama) as a CEO of a company, he was looked quite scary as an angry boss especially when he glared at you or looked very serious at you. But when he smiled, sleepwalked and wanted u to play Chinese chess with him, he was quite funny. Man, I'll miss him.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.