+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: URGENT! PLEASE HELP ME!

  1. #21
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    you have the eos 40d, right? is the 50d better?

  2. #22
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    No, mine is the older version. Canon 400D. Canon 450D has some advanced features than 400D, which is why I can confidently recommend it. 50D Canon? I am not sure about that.

    Nikon D40 was what I had. I know it's confusing
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  3. #23
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    yes, i want the 50d but i really don't want to add a dime of my own! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS_50D

    okay, i'll see which one i like best between the canon 450d and 500d. i'll have to try to take some stalker pics on shoppers to see which one will best suit my style. but i'm hoping to stalk yunjae at like hotels and stuff when they're in bed. so not much movement...... wait a minute! in bed! of course they'd be doing something! aish! i just had a naughty thought, sowwie.

  4. #24
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    OMG, Gugu! Yeah, you don't want to see them appearing in your pictures doing "Yu Nuu Xin Jing" (aka blurred images) .

    Save 50D for later. You won't stick with a dSLR for very long if you're serious about photography.

    Remember, the better pixel feature is not your priority!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  5. #25
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    OMG, Gugu! Yeah, you don't want to see them appearing in your pictures doing "Yu Nuu Xin Jing" (aka blurred images) .

    Save 50D for later. You won't stick with a dSLR for very long if you're serious about photography.
    Remember, the better pixel feature is not your priority!
    i won't? why not?

  6. #26
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    i won't? why not?
    Because photographers always look out for cameras with more enhanced function to explore. It's like studies, we start with basic and progress/upgrade.

    Certain acessories can be reuse though. So, don't worry. You can always sell your current one and go for something better after the explore.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 11-27-09 at 06:46 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    ^I haven't got my hands on Nikon D90 due to the past disappointments I had with Nikon dSLR apart from D40. Thanks for the information!

    However, I think in Gugu's case, her case will require focus and shutter speed, which is what Canon is capable of (due to movement). As for the rest of the other features that you have mentioned, Canon wouldn't be much far inferior when comes in comparism. It can satifactorily do not a bad job too. You might have noticed a good number of photographer doing shots for models, bridal and anything that concerns movement prefers Canon.
    The issue with Nikon D90 would be the cost. If $800 is for the camera body only then D90 should be one to consider. If the budget is for camera + lens then may not be enough.

    I heard from Canon users that though the camera focus fast but also 'loses' the track of the object if moving. Canon released a fix not long ago for some of its models to address this problem, and the 1D Mark III (top DSLR model) was in the list. Nikon cameras focuses a tad slower compared to Canons, but is able to keep track of the moving objects better.

    Another area Nikon beats Canon hands down is indoor pictures. The high ISO feature in Nikon allows taking pictures in low-light situation and pictures come better rendered compared to Canon. Recent releases from Canon (7D?) improved a lot in this area and the image in low light is on par with Nikon higher-end cameras. But still not as good as the Nikon 3DS... ;-)

    An older article below, but nevertheless should be a good read. Enjoy! :-)

    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...-d3-d300.shtml

  8. #28
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    i thought i already posted that i bought the canon eos 500d, i guess my internet connection died before it got posted.

    but yeah, i bought it! i bought the eos 500d! it was the same price as the 450d cause the 450d is priced 699 and it didn't go on sale. the 500d is 799 but was on sale for 699. and also there's a full HD recording feature! i couldn't say no to that! sorry ceddie, despite all your kind suggestions i still went with the 500d. how about i take some pics and send them to you to thank you for the kind help?

  9. #29
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Eagle, thanks for all that information. As I have yet to take shots at sports even, I am so far happy my Canon's performance as far as modelling shots are concerned.

    I'm not sure if it is just me, there's also something about the rich colour of Canon's result that attracts me, which Nikon can't do. With the Canon, I'm using a 3rd party lens, BTW.

    I might go back to Nikon for D90. We'll see.

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    i thought i already posted that i bought the canon eos 500d, i guess my internet connection died before it got posted.

    but yeah, i bought it! i bought the eos 500d! it was the same price as the 450d cause the 450d is priced 699 and it didn't go on sale. the 500d is 799 but was on sale for 699. and also there's a full HD recording feature! i couldn't say no to that! sorry ceddie, despite all your kind suggestions i still went with the 500d. how about i take some pics and send them to you to thank you for the kind help?
    Pictures of you? lol sure, Gugu! Did you test the camera though? It's ok if you're satisfy with your purchase.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  10. #30
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    not pictures of me, dear. pictures of things around me will do right?

    and yes, i like how easy it is to use. but i haven't really explored all the functions yet cause i was at work today. i'll have the whole weekend to play with it though. hopefully i can get my friends to model for me.

  11. #31
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Alright, pictures of your surrounding is fine too

    Yes, explore the menu, ISO, and all that functions when you have time! You're gonna need them! Get familiarized with it! Have fun!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Eagle, thanks for all that information. As I have yet to take shots at sports even, I am so far happy my Canon's performance as far as modelling shots are concerned.

    I'm not sure if it is just me, there's also something about the rich colour of Canon's result that attracts me, which Nikon can't do. With the Canon, I'm using a 3rd party lens, BTW.

    I might go back to Nikon for D90. We'll see.



    Pictures of you? lol sure, Gugu! Did you test the camera though? It's ok if you're satisfy with your purchase.
    No problem Cedric. I am still learning how to take photos but time is never enough as there are always other priorities.

    I am not familiar with Canon SLRs. But I believe the colour issue could be addressed by using different on-camera settings. On the Nikon D90, there are settings like Neutral, Standard, Vivid, etc... which the photographer can select for a particular shoot. Vivid for example would enhance the colors of the grass/sky. There is also the different White Balance settings which can make your picture 'feel' different.

    Enjoy the samples:

    http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/canoneos400d_samples/
    http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/nikond40_samples/

  13. #33
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    No problem Cedric. I am still learning how to take photos but time is never enough as there are always other priorities.
    Yes, I so agree with this. Neither am I doing fulltime photography. It's all for pure interest.

    I am not familiar with Canon SLRs. But I believe the colour issue could be addressed by using different on-camera settings. On the Nikon D90, there are settings like Neutral, Standard, Vivid, etc... which the photographer can select for a particular shoot. Vivid for example would enhance the colors of the grass/sky. There is also the different White Balance settings which can make your picture 'feel' different.
    Actually, those settings aren't stranger with me. I did play around with them.

    That's the thing! With these two pictures, look at the photo taken by 400D. Do you feel the stronger and richer colour emphasized? Or, is it just my personal sensitivity? Well, that's what I like especially when it comes to shooting of people in modelling events.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  14. #34
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post

    I am not familiar with Canon SLRs. But I believe the colour issue could be addressed by using different on-camera settings. On the Nikon D90, there are settings like Neutral, Standard, Vivid, etc... which the photographer can select for a particular shoot. Vivid for example would enhance the colors of the grass/sky. There is also the different White Balance settings which can make your picture 'feel' different.

    Enjoy the samples:

    http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/canoneos400d_samples/
    http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/nikond40_samples/
    ummm actually i enjoy the shot by the eos 400d more than the nikon 40d, well in your example anyways.

    if you guys really want to see a great example of professional nikon users go to pattpoom's site on flickr.com, here's the link to his site http://www.flickr.com/photos/pattpoom/

    his work is amazing! the scenery he captures is freakin' awesome!

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Yes, I so agree with this. Neither am I doing fulltime photography. It's all for pure interest.



    Actually, those settings aren't stranger with me. I did play around with them.



    That's the thing! With these two pictures, look at the photo taken by 400D. Do you feel the stronger and richer colour emphasized? Or, is it just my personal sensitivity? Well, that's what I like especially when it comes to shooting of people in modelling events.
    I worked for a bit of time in a marketing department and did some work with publications. I found that I am not good neither with colors nor light. People that I worked with had much better sensitivity than me and often had better judgment when taking photos as well as selecting them for publication. You may be right about the color rendering on Canon cameras, but personally I find the red in the photo of the telephone booth (Nikon) quite nice. Most importantly is that you are happy with your camera and keep you interested in photography.



    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    ummm actually i enjoy the shot by the eos 400d more than the nikon 40d, well in your example anyways.

    if you guys really want to see a great example of professional nikon users go to pattpoom's site on flickr.com, here's the link to his site http://www.flickr.com/photos/pattpoom/

    his work is amazing! the scenery he captures is freakin' awesome!

    The reviews may have been done at different times, and it also may depend on the local weather when selecting what photos to take. Basically I try to see the details in the photo to see if the capture was good. Maybe you like this more as the colors are more varied:

    http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/nikond60_samples/

    I have seen pattpoom's photos for I also look at Flickr members photos. I search and try to learn from other excellent photographers there, independent of cameras brands. But the most important thing is that you are happy with your new toy! Enjoy, as there is a lot of things to play and learn with it. Happy shooting

  16. #36
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    ^thank you, i am very happy with my new toy.

    but i did want to add that the site you're using as an example by nikon look like 'normal' photos to me. nothing special or eye popping about them. if you're trying to persuade someone to like nikon versus canon, i suggest you find a different site as reference, maybe khun pattpoom's site? the two sets of links you gave out comparing canon and nikon, in my eyes was a win for the canon. the flowers and the bee had a punch to it, the colors were awesome. but the park that the nikon took was boring and dull. it looked so much like a normal photo to me, something i could snap with my point and shoot old camera. it does no justice to nikon.

    after a couple of days and nights of youtubing and internet surfing i do know the capacity of both nikon and canon when used by a proffessional. and both can produce extremely beautiful photos. but if used by someone who doesn't know what functions to use then it's just a plain high resolution digital camera. and since canon's are easier to use, i'm very happy that i chose a canon.
    Last edited by GuGu; 11-29-09 at 05:04 PM.

  17. #37
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    I worked for a bit of time in a marketing department and did some work with publications. I found that I am not good neither with colors nor light. People that I worked with had much better sensitivity than me and often had better judgment when taking photos as well as selecting them for publication. You may be right about the color rendering on Canon cameras, but personally I find the red in the photo of the telephone booth (Nikon) quite nice. Most importantly is that you are happy with your camera and keep you interested in photography.
    There can be various reasons that attract us to do photography. Some interest sway towards portraits, some embrace the love of nature. Expression has got to be another reason for me to fall in love with this interest too. I hope next june to catch the next adult modelling exhibition in town, and not to miss it again (which I have been ). I do believe that both Nikon and Canon have their other strength and weakness (besides the speed, that is). I do remember one of the two has an advantage when comes to portrait picture-taking, but I can't remember which.

    Anyway, nice to exchange information with you on photography. I may have lose faith on due Nikon mainly due to D40 but I will give the brand another chance should I find the specifications suit my needs. You too, have fun with photography!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    ^thank you, i am very happy with my new toy.

    but i did want to add that the site you're using as an example by nikon look like 'normal' photos to me. nothing special or eye popping about them. if you're trying to persuade someone to like nikon versus canon, i suggest you find a different site as reference, maybe khun pattpoom's site? the two sets of links you gave out comparing canon and nikon, in my eyes was a win for the canon. the flowers and the bee had a punch to it, the colors were awesome. but the park that the nikon took was boring and dull. it looked so much like a normal photo to me, something i could snap with my point and shoot old camera. it does no justice to nikon.

    after a couple of days and nights of youtubing and internet surfing i do know the capacity of both nikon and canon when used by a proffessional. and both can produce extremely beautiful photos. but if used by someone who doesn't know what functions to use then it's just a plain high resolution digital camera. and since canon's are easier to use, i'm very happy that i chose a canon.
    You got a point about the pictures and glad that you made the right choice for you. But preferences is a very individual thing and personally I like the details about the Nikon's pictures. On the other hand, I found the picture on the Canon side about the flower and the bee a bit artificial. That is why each brand has its strength and attract different crowds.

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    There can be various reasons that attract us to do photography. Some interest sway towards portraits, some embrace the love of nature. Expression has got to be another reason for me to fall in love with this interest too. I hope next june to catch the next adult modelling exhibition in town, and not to miss it again (which I have been ). I do believe that both Nikon and Canon have their other strength and weakness (besides the speed, that is). I do remember one of the two has an advantage when comes to portrait picture-taking, but I can't remember which.
    With the film cameras, Nikon was usually sharper and Canon softer. Many photographers preferred Canon over Nikon for portrait photography. I believe current Canon and Nikon are about the same - I may be wrong, but I think the images with Nikon DSLR does not seem as sharp and 'contrasty' when compared to film cameras.


    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Anyway, nice to exchange information with you on photography. I may have lose faith on due Nikon mainly due to D40 but I will give the brand another chance should I find the specifications suit my needs. You too, have fun with photography!
    I had a very strong reason to choose Nikon - I have older Nikon lenses which can be used on these new DSLR. Canon did have a much better DSLR for years, and I just kept waiting until I thought the right Nikon one was available

    One thing I found on the D90 (D300 also), is that the RAW pictures have more information than the JPG files. I use the option RAW and JPG on camera, this way when I shoot a picture both RAW and JPG files are produced. Comparing both files, the RAW pictures have stronger colors and contrast. I need to convert the RAW file to JPG to get a better picture. Not good, as I need to spend extra time on the computer to get a better sample than the JPG file on the camera.

    Did your old Nikon D40 behaved the same way?

  20. #40
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Did your old Nikon D40 behaved the same way?
    I think I had similar problems with D40. You are using the SD card right?

    BTW, there's also Nikon D40x outthere so, don't confused between the two as far as results are concerned. D40x has slightly enhanced features and the price quoted (in my country), excludes the lens.

    I'm going to upload some photos of mine of experiences with Nikon D40. Note: original colours, and not after any photoshopped or such.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Similar Threads

  1. URGENT! How to rip and burn DVD's?
    By libby96 in forum Tech Squad
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-08, 06:47 AM
  2. URGENT!! : IS TVSERIESFORUM DOWN????
    By vivy17 in forum Technical Issues
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-12-07, 01:47 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-13-03, 04:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts