View Poll Results: Do you support getting rid of pardon/clemency?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 50.00%
  • No

1 25.00%
  • Others?

1 25.00%

Thread: Do you support getting rid of pardon/clemency?

Default Do you support getting rid of pardon/clemency?

Do you support getting rid of pardon/clemency?
    My answer is YES. I think criminals should serve the full sentence. Pardon/clemency is unfair and dangerous to the public. Many criminals commit crimes shortly after they are released. Politicians should not have the power to pardon criminals. I feel sorry for the 4 fallen police officers in washington state. http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/30/...ect/index.html
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 11-30-09 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Do you support getting rid of pardon/clemency?
    My answer is YES. I think criminals should serve the full sentence. Pardon/clemency is unfair and dangerous to the public. Many criminals commit crimes shortly after they are released. Politicians should not have the power to pardon criminals. I feel sorry for the 4 fallen police officers in washington state. http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/30/...ect/index.html
    That's one man in the article, so how do you come to the conclusion that it's "many"?

Do you know that some people turn back to crime because they were simply not given the chance to be good? They face discrimination, couldn't get jobs and etc., and find little choice except to go back to crime to feed themselves and their family.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    That's one man in the article, so how do you come to the conclusion that it's "many"?

Do you know that some people turn back to crime because they were simply not given the chance to be good? They face discrimination, couldn't get jobs and etc., and find little choice except to go back to crime to feed themselves and their family.
    You know that TC will just say that "it doesn't matter, you can support yourself and your family without using crime, that's what I do, crime is wrong, blah blah."
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    You know that TC will just say that "it doesn't matter, you can support yourself and your family without using crime, that's what I do, crime is wrong, blah blah."
    Hehe I know. But I replied for the same reason why you sometimes reply to him!

Looks like I need to join the TC fanclub too.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Did you watch a documentary about prisoners in the United States. Most of them are not the first time there.

Common, don't portray them like a selfless heroes who sacrifice themself for their family. Most of them can find low salary job but they refuse to. Yeah, it's not easy because they are mostly hard labor jobs and pay them nearly minimum wage, way way less than commiting crime. I remember there was a case in the documentary "black in america" where a guy landed a low pay hard labor job after released from prison but then he quit the job and became a driver for the bank robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    So you believe in the contrary that they are victims of society. It's all society fault for their crimes. It's never their fault.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 11-30-09 at 11:31 PM.

This is where China kicks US' a$$ clearly. This dude woulda been executed years ago.

Violent criminals usually don't change. Even if one or two did change. Who the hell cares? For the ones who are released and harm others, is it worth one or two who do actually reform? If you say yes, then I hope you and your family have the fortunes to run into nice reformees like Mr. Clemmons.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    So you believe in the contrary that they are victims of society. It's all society fault for their crimes. It's never their fault.
    That is NOT what I said or implied.

Do NOT put words in my mouth, and don't make it seem as if you know what I supposedly "believe" in.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    This is where China kicks US' a$$ clearly. This dude woulda been executed years ago.

Violent criminals usually don't change. Even if one or two did change. Who the hell cares? For the ones who are released and harm others, is it worth one or two who do actually reform? If you say yes, then I hope you and your family have the fortunes to run into nice reformees like Mr. Clemmons.
    I agree. Violent criminals don't deserve a second chance since their victims don't have it either.

Vlad the Impaler had it right. He put a gold cup in the middle of the city and it never got stolen while he was still ruling. Society just isn't what it use to be.