Thread: Taiwanese gamer “beats” World of Warcraft

Default Taiwanese gamer “beats” World of Warcraft

Taiwanese gamer “beats” World of Warcraft

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://blastmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/500x_beatwow.jpg')

http://hpwarcraft.blogspot.com/

It’s impossible to beat the open-world, never-ending MMO World of Warcraft, but one Taiwanese enthusiast today got closer than anyone ever has.

小灰, who pledges his allegiance to the TW-Wrathbringer guild, has the most impressive WoW stats this world has ever seen.

The player has collected every single Achievement in the game and is the first man, woman, or beast to obtain 986/986 achievements completed on the armory.

If your jaw isn’t on the floor yet, maybe these next statistics will help.

Listed on his WoW Armory page are the following mindblowing figures.

He’s killed killed 390,895 creatures, died 8,543 times for a kill to death ratio of 45.75, somehow amazingly accrued 7,255,538,878 points of damage and has completed 5,906 quests for an average of 14.6 quests per day.

Jeebus!

On the lighter side of things, GamePro points out that the player has only handed out 11 hugs and “LOL’d” just once.

I wonder what kind of life this man, woman, or child has. You know, to be able to commit the ungodly amount of hours this feat must have taken.

the man has no life.

have you seen the southpark episode of WoW? i imagine that kid to pee and poop in his chair and his mom has to take car of that. that said, i'm still impressed by his determination despite the fact that his priorities may be completely off.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Actually, there should be a Wow rehab center because there are so many people addicted to this game and couldn't control themselves. As pointed here, the online stats looks great however in real life its another story.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

It's possible that the account is played by multiple people, which can be quite common in China/Taiwan. Still bleeping insane though...
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Is that really an “achievement” to brag about? Other than other gamers, who cares about this feat of no-lifeness?
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

You could say the same of alot of other achievements, outside of Jamaicans and sports enthusiasts, who cares that Usain Bolt breaks world records like he breaks wind?

Achievements are only worth the value people give them.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    You could say the same of alot of other achievements, outside of Jamaicans and sports enthusiasts, who cares that Usain Bolt breaks world records like he breaks wind?

Achievements are only worth the value people give them.
    Agree completely. To some people it might not be an achievement but to people who do play WoW seriously, it is a remarkable achievement. Let me guys ask you how is this any different from a great athlete achieving world records? They spent lots of hours training, give up many years of their lifespan to achieve something great yet we don't tell them they have no life. For a geek who achieved something nobody else has in the world, shouldn't we praise him a little bit for it instead of saying he has no life? What he did compared to a great athlete is essentially the same thing. I look forward to the time when gaming becomes an entertainment show like sports and geeks get paid to play. Let's see if people can still say they have no life when such a time comes. Btw I'm not defending him, I just think its unfair to say he has no life hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    Agree completely. To some people it might not be an achievement but to people who do play WoW seriously, it is a remarkable achievement. Let me guys ask you how is this any different from a great athlete achieving world records? They spent lots of hours training, give up many years of their lifespan to achieve something great yet we don't tell them they have no life. For a geek who achieved something nobody else has in the world, shouldn't we praise him a little bit for it instead of saying he has no life? What he did compared to a great athlete is essentially the same thing. I look forward to the time when gaming becomes an entertainment show like sports and geeks get paid to play. Let's see if people can still say they have no life when such a time comes. Btw I'm not defending him, I just think its unfair to say he has no life hehehe.
    May I direct you to the Professional Starcraft scene in Korea. Names like Slayers Boxer, Bisu, Flash, Jae Dong, Savior etc.

I agree. Anyone who dedicates their life to achieving something can be labelled 'no life'.

15 quests a day is what caught my attention. How long is an average quest?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    I agree. Anyone who dedicates their life to achieving something can be labelled 'no life'.

15 quests a day is what caught my attention. How long is an average quest?
    An average quest takes about 5-10 minutes to complete depending on the requirements.

"Satan" had just win one more soul into losing himself completely in the dark temptation in disguise under an innocent hobby known as Video-Gaming.

His parents needs to kick his bum a$$ out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    An average quest takes about 5-10 minutes to complete depending on the requirements.
    That's like 2-3 hours/day then? Not too much. I think most ppl can fit 15-20 hours of games per week in the midst of study, work, chores.

Yep Blizzard is definitely satan in disguise. Can't wait for SC2!
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

You know, it makes me disappointed that Blizzard hasn't released a sequel to The Frozen Frone. And I dont mean WoW. Just a stand alone. I loved playing the campaign mode in Reign of Chaos and FF.

And very excited about Diablo 3. Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    Actually, there should be a Wow rehab center because there are so many people addicted to this game and couldn't control themselves. As pointed here, the online stats looks great however in real life its another story.
    South Korea has internet addiction camps for kids hehe. Further fuel to the nerdy Asian stereotype. So sad.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

I think world of warcraft is great...Blizzard will also do anything for it.....

idk about wow it's weird. if you play it one day you can never put it down again, but if you miss like one or two days of playing it, your like ....wtf was so interesting about that game and just straight out quit it.

incidentally i have been over that cycle on three separate occasions now. i have a level 80 paladin in full heroic 25-man ice-crown citadel gear [best gear in game] , and have killed the lich king many months back. as of right now he's been rotting untouched on my server of nazjatar for quite a while now too.

as soon as cataclysm comes out the cycle will probably begin anew lol.

seriously though some of those achievements are super retarded, and take forever to do. i got to hand it to the guy for actually doing them all he is insane, and has a title to prove it http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2...n-the-membrane