+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Results 221 to 236 of 236

Thread: More shark controversy

  1. #221
    Senior Member kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    You and your (selfish) likes, who consistently get brainwashed by thinking this whole sh1t is nothing but only a propaganda (without having the least bit of courtesy to find out the facts yet live the luxury at the expenses of our descendants), are no better than a criminal, morally. And, more good news to come, when the eco-system goes completely haywired, it means you and your likes have finally "raped" our eco-system without a least bit of guilt, you rapist!
    Actually, TC did go and find out facts. There are a lot of 'facts' out there. Some are pro-conservation, some are not. Remember TC once posted a documentary saying green house effect etc are bullshit and that the climate change is just normal earth cycle?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  2. #222
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Psst...cedric, it's "REPERcussion," not "percussion." "Percussion" is drums and cymbals and the like.
    OOPS!!! Thanks, Professor Cheng! Word confusion! Thanks for the correction! mwahahaa!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  3. #223
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    TC - YOU REFUSE TO REGULATE THIS INDUSTRY YET YOU ALSO REFUSE TO HELP PRESERVE THIS INDUSTRY. EVERYONE'S MONEY IS HARD EARNED DUDE!!!!
    Please stop make up story about me. When did I against regulation of the shark fin industry? I have said many times and will say it again. I am all for shark fishing and against shark finning. It's up to the government to regulate the product, not me.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...t=27885&page=6
    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Most of the shark fin consumers, myself included, against shark finning. They get their shark fins at the restaurants or stores with license, not from the back alley. Therefore, they can assume the product is from shark fishing that is totally legal by law. It's up to the government to stop shark finning, not the Average Joe and Jane.

    Now, regarding the environment I am all for recycling and we have been recycling whatever we can. However, I wouldn't listen to leaders like Al Gore who asking average Joe and Jane to make sacrifice at the same time he consumes like 20 times as much energy as average Joe and Jane do.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 08-22-10 at 11:25 PM.

  4. #224
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Please stop make up story about me. When did I against regulation of the shark fin industry? I have said many times and will say it again. I am all for shark fishing and against shark finning. It's up to the government to regulate the product, not me.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...t=27885&page=6
    If you say so.... however, it's an "either... or" situation, Mr. TC. It's like you can't wear a skirt and a pant at the same time (on a normal occasion). If you're AGAINST shark finning, you prove it by NOT being a consumer of that product.

    So, you have highlighted to us that you're a hypocrite or something? Do you think the judge would let a murderer scott-free when he tells the judge "I'm against killing"?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  5. #225
    Senior Member pandamao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    If you say so.... however, it's an "either... or" situation, Mr. TC. It's like you can't wear a skirt and a pant at the same time (on a normal occasion). If you're AGAINST shark finning, you prove it by NOT being a consumer of that product.

    So, you have highlighted to us that you're a hypocrite or something? Do you think the judge would let a murderer scott-free when he tells the judge "I'm against killing"?

    Thank you Cedric. I'm glad you saw the same contradictory!
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

    i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

  6. #226
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    If you say so.... however, it's an "either... or" situation, Mr. TC. It's like you can't wear a skirt and a pant at the same time (on a normal occasion). If you're AGAINST shark finning, you prove it by NOT being a consumer of that product.

    So, you have highlighted to us that you're a hypocrite or something? Do you think the judge would let a murderer scott-free when he tells the judge "I'm against killing"?
    Canada is against shark finning so it doesn't allow such product entering the country just like conflict (blood) diamond. Therefore, I can assume that the product I consume is from shark fishing which is totally legal. I get the shark fin from stores with licences, not illegally from the back alley. It just like people who buy diamond from the jewelry stores with licence, they can assume the diamond is not conflict (blood) diamond because their government do not allow such product entering the country.

    Ken, Pandamao, Cedric and xJadedx, don't you guys think people like Yao Ming and Al Gore are hypocrite?? Yao Ming asking chinese people not to consume shark fin while he served it on his wedding day. Al Gore asking average Americans to make sacrifice for the common good while he use 20 times as much energy as average Joe and Jane.

    You guys here love to bully people who do not agree with you isn't it. Jezzzzz
    Keep changing my avatar and quote against my will. People with authority here don't do anything about it.


    You guys keep talking about justice and morality, where are they??
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 08-23-10 at 12:35 AM.

  7. #227
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    I don't know anything about Yao Ming's stance on shark fins, but if what you say about him is true, then of course he's a hypocrite. But the real question is, what does him being a hypocrite have anything to do with anything? You keep missing the point that people here are against shark finning and consumption of shark fin soup because of their concern for the ecosystem as well as their disgust at shark finning, not because of what a celebrity does or doesn't do. Yet you keep brining up the same celebrities over and over again, even though it's redundant and irrelevant.

    No one is bullying you (except maybe for Cedric's post, which I agree is uncalled for), most people are clearly stating their disagreements. This is a debate forum, people are allowed to disagree. If you can't take it, don't dish it.

    As for your avatar and quote changes, I have no idea what's going on with those. If you're trolling, then stop because it's pathetic. If it's indeed done by a moderator, then I also agree that's uncalled for and just plain stupid.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  8. #228
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    21,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post

    Ken, Pandamao, Cedric and xJadedx, don't you guys think people like Yao Ming and Al Gore are hypocrite??
    Maybe. But that has no bearing on what I do.


    You guys here love to bully people who do not agree with you isn't it. Jezzzzz
    Keep changing my avatar and quote against my will. People with authority here don't do anything about it.
    I didn't know about this until now, but I'll find out.

  9. #229
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    And, may I add (to Jadey's post below): TC, if your concern is about the mass supporters of anti-sharkfin consumers are zombies who are blinded/brainwashed by the assuming hypocrite celebrities endorsers, let's just say that not all of us are that simple-minded enough to merely buy words told by the celebrities endorsing the campaign. People have their own brains, and people observe.

    I don't know anything about Yao Ming's stance on shark fins, but if what you say about him is true, then of course he's a hypocrite. But the real question is, what does him being a hypocrite have anything to do with anything? You keep missing the point that people here are against shark finning and consumption of shark fin soup because of their concern for the ecosystem as well as their disgust at shark finning, not because of what a celebrity does or doesn't do. Yet you keep brining up the same celebrities over and over again, even though it's redundant and irrelevant.
    TC, I can assure you that those, who are overthrowing your points, are not among the zombies outthere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    No one is bullying you (except maybe for Cedric's post, which I agree is uncalled for)
    Ok. In which post? I can offer my apologies if they were.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Canada is against shark finning so it doesn't allow such product entering the country just like conflict (blood) diamond. Therefore, I can assume that the product I consume is from shark fishing which is totally legal. I get the shark fin from stores with licences, not illegally from the back alley. It just like people who buy diamond from the jewelry stores with licence, they can assume the diamond is not conflict (blood) diamond because their government do not allow such product entering the country.
    It's...... *sigh* about NOT eating shark fin as a whole, whether they're legal or not. Apparently, you still didn't get it. Or, are you finding excuses because you want to EAT the sharkies ultimately? I do not think the names you've mentioned and all the environmentalists are so evil that they prefer the human species to extinct before the sharks do?!

    In plain words, dear TC, No matter what source or how these shark fin are harvested and made into soup, consumption of it will contribute to the effect of the whole eco-system to fall to its doom because sharks, are afterall, the Godfathers of the aqua clan. And, I don't give a damn which celebrity endorsed the campaign, because I, as a living person, sees the complete death of shark will happen as such activities go on.

    Ken, Pandamao, Cedric and xJadedx, don't you guys think people like Yao Ming and Al Gore are hypocrite?? Yao Ming asking chinese people not to consume shark fin while he served it on his wedding day. Al Gore asking average Americans to make sacrifice for the common good while he use 20 times as much energy as average Joe and Jane.
    A) I believe like an anti-smoking campaign (for example), the ambassadors may be asked for a background check to be done on them before they're eligible to endorse for that campaign.

    B) From which source did you find out that those "endorsers" are hypocritical mofos? (I might have missed your massive discovery) How reliable are they?

    C) If your discovery were true, I would have read about you all over the news. TC aka The Chosen One exposed the celebrities and claimed they are a massive bunch of hypocrites of the 20th century. But I don't think it's happening?

    You guys here love to bully people who do not agree with you isn't it. Jezzzzz
    Keep changing my avatar and quote against my will. People with authority here don't do anything about it.


    You guys keep talking about justice and morality, where are they??
    No, but the truth is, people who tried so hard to protect/preserve something gets very maddened when some selfish mofos shamelessly keep wasting on the other hand.

    Bully you? I don't have that capability. It just so happens that more people get on you because you made a load of claims in defence of your selfish needs.

    As for your avatar, must be the act of some evil spambots or hackers sent by Yao Ming, Al Gore, David Suzuki, and other environmentalists. They had overtaken SPCNET. The moderators in SPCNET would be doing you a favour if you would simply ask them for help.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-23-10 at 02:47 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  10. #230
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    You guys here love to bully people who do not agree with you isn't it. Jezzzzz
    Keep changing my avatar and quote against my will. People with authority here don't do anything about it.
    AFAIK it would take someone with admincp access to change profiles. Either someone with that level of access changed it, or you changed it yourself. Normal moderators wouldn't have that kind of access.

  11. #231
    Senior Member pandamao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    TC - I'm sure you are sick of people making responses solely to your points but since you mentioned my name, I felt the need to make a response.

    Please stop taking this personal. There's no argument that a few of us dislike your rebuttals from these debates. If you can provide hard facts, there wouldn't be an issue here.

    From these arguments, I came to the following conclusions on where you stand and why you remain there.

    1) Due Diligence performed by TC (ex: I purchase from licensed buyers in Canada.)

    That's better than the average person residing in asian countries, however, I find your behavior rather contradictory. If you take the step in buying from a license suppliers then I'm assuming you agree with the cruelty in the shark finning industry. Why are you so against other countries commenting on the Chinese traditions and perhaps a suggestion of intervention as well? By no means are the US controlling their culture. This is simply a matter of, the decrease in the shark population affects surrounding areas ecosystem.

    2) Refusal to follow hypocrites

    TC - obviously everyone has mentioned this to you but you keep going back at it. I responded with, "Do as I say but don't do as I do." That's it. If you want to allow yourself this excuse to justify your consumption - fine. Please add to your list: lying, stealing, killing, etc. There are celebrities that are hypocrites in those areas too.

    3) Americans should not tell Chinese what to do.

    I believe there's an inherit frustration with this particular Chinese tradition and given the negative outcomes caused by this - the Americans felt it was needed to step up and voice their opinion.

    Sometimes a little intervention can do some good.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

    i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

  12. #232
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post



    Ok. In which post? I can offer my apologies if they were.


    I believe it's the one where you called TC a 'rapist'.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

  13. #233
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Is that the one you're referring to, Jadey? But I didn't simply call him that for fun, I used that to describe TC since he hated that lot of criminals so much when what he is doing now, he actually makes no difference from those kind of people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I believe it's the one where you called TC a 'rapist'.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-23-10 at 11:44 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  14. #234
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    21,248

    Default

    OT: Trien, I've checked with my fellow moderators and as far as we can tell, nobody that we know about is messing with your avatar/signature.

    Is there anyone you know who has access to your computer/password? If your password is compromised, you'll need to change it.

    Email SPCNET (the administrator) directly if nothing else works.

  15. #235
    Senior Member kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Is that the one you're referring to, Jadey? But I didn't simply call him that for fun, I used that to describe TC since he hated that lot of criminals so much when what he is doing now, he actually makes no difference from those kind of people.
    TC did not force himself on someone else. There's a distinction there. Raping a person and raping a forest or shark population is different. The one TC hated is the first kind, violation of another human being.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  16. #236
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    Anyone here had shark fin soup for Chinese New Year???

Similar Threads

  1. Vincent Van Gogh's Ear Controversy
    By Suet Seung in forum Academia
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-09, 02:47 PM
  2. ROCH controversy
    By LuNaR in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 01-26-06, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts