Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
More shark controversy - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 236

Thread: More shark controversy

  1. #61
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    no, you didn't see it!
    Sure did
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

  2. #62
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    RWX- that was a fake this is the real me.


  3. #63
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    Oh, I see. Since that was a fake, you won't mind me posting it on SPCNET, right? O:-)
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

  4. #64
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Oh, I see. Since that was a fake, you won't mind me posting it on SPCNET, right? O:-)
    NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! that's very mean mister!

  5. #65
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! that's very mean mister!
    Aaaand checkmate

    Muah! Love ya!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

  6. #66
    Junior Member tp222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    RWX- that was a fake this is the real me.

    Is that really you? If not, who is she?

    As far as the original topic, I agree that you can't judge any other culture, as long as we still eat meat.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ( @ )( @ )
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    yes, i remember watching a documentary about shark attacks and it said sharks don't actually eat humans. they don't like our taste nor the texture that our flesh gives them. they only bite and throw us back out. how sad is that? it kills you and still spits you out because you're not good enough.
    And the tree-hugging greenies keep telling us that sharks are misunderstood?

    Go hug a shark, you leftie pinko commies!
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

    "I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    liar! stop trying to promote your own album!

    okay, people! lets get back to the topic. can anyone tell me what shark fin soup tastes like?
    It's by far the best tasting soup that available to mankind. Once you try it, I bet you will keep coming back to it. Life is so much better if you can eat them often.

    Warning: Sharkfin soup is highly addicted. Once you try it, you will keep coming back.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 12-19-09 at 12:58 PM.

  9. #69
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    If it's that addictive, it should be illegal, as people can become addicted to them like drugs. Then, such addiction (even towards a food) will create similar impairments drug addiction provides.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Ren Ying Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hell in the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    3,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    It's by far the best tasting soup that available to mankind. Once you try it, I bet you will keep coming back it. Life is so much better if you can eat them often.

    Warning: Sharkfin soup is highly addicted. Once you try it, you will keep coming back.
    maybe you should go try cocaine, too...

  11. #71
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    TC's joking. Shark fin soup has zero taste by itself. It is primarily a 'status' food.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

  12. #72
    Senior Member Bubblegum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    I did some reading for this subject that chicken stock is usually added for flavouring because shark fin soup has no taste by itself.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 12-19-09 at 11:35 AM.
    Have you learned to love one another?

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    4 seasons in 1 day
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    As far as I know. Shark fin by itself has no taste, it's the texture that everyone likes, and it picks up the flavour of the soup well.

    I personally don't mind if my shark fin soup has the artificial fin, it's the same to me.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    If it's that addictive, it should be illegal, as people can become addicted to them like drugs. Then, such addiction (even towards a food) will create similar impairments drug addiction provides.
    This is food, not drug.
    It's addictive like the western people addict to prime rib and t-bone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    maybe you should go try cocaine, too...
    No way, I am not that stupid. I see the consequences of people who have done it.

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    TC's joking. Shark fin soup has zero taste by itself. It is primarily a 'status' food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    I did some reading for this subject that chicken stock is usually added for flavouring because shark fin soup has no taste by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    As far as I know. Shark fin by itself has no taste, it's the texture that everyone likes, and it picks up the flavour of the soup well.

    I personally don't mind if my shark fin soup has the artificial fin, it's the same to me.
    Sharkfin by itself doesn't taste good just like a jet can't fly without gas and pilot. With all the right ingredients such as chicken soup, crab meat, chicken breast, ect... they make the sharkfin soup tastes delicious. The soup by itself without the sharkfin still taste good but with the sharkfin it tastes so much better. If it's expensive and people still go for it, then it's must be good.

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    4 seasons in 1 day
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If it's expensive and people still go for it, then it's must be good.
    Cocaine is expensive, and it's also freaking illegal, and people STILL go for it. Awesome sauce.

  17. #77
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Cocaine is expensive, and it's also freaking illegal, and people STILL go for it. Awesome sauce.
    You think it might come to the point that Chinese gangsters and police officers will be shooting it out on the streets over contraband shark fin?

  18. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    4 seasons in 1 day
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    That would make a great Stephen Chow movie.

  19. #79
    Senior Member jiang bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    I like the vigilante groups that sink illegal fishing ships. Fight fire with fire. People who cut off shark fins and throw them back into the sea to die... I would like to see their limbs cut off and also tossed into the sea as punishment. It's only justice.

    If people can hunt down sharks, why can't sharks hunt down people? The problem is that the people that get killed by sharks aren't actually shark hunters and are innocent. But if we dish out fairer punishment toward shark killers such as the solution above, then at least sharks will get to kill the right humans.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

    Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

  20. #80
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I like the vigilante groups that sink illegal fishing ships. Fight fire with fire. People who cut off shark fins and throw them back into the sea to die... I would like to see their limbs cut off and also tossed into the sea as punishment. It's only justice.
    You ain't alone. I want to see that too!!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Similar Threads

  1. Vincent Van Gogh's Ear Controversy
    By Suet Seung in forum Academia
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-09, 02:47 PM
  2. ROCH controversy
    By LuNaR in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 01-26-06, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •