+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Swordsman Journey by Gu Long

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Nepal
    Posts
    220

    Default Swordsman Journey by Gu Long

    if u r interested in reading the translation of
    Swordsman Journey by Gu Long

    check out this site.

    http://wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewto...?t=764&start=0


    YUFENG has done awesome job in translating this story.
    only few more chapters to go.
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

  2. #2
    Member yongbifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    195

    Default

    interesting but could somebody explain to me by what the thread owner meant by that the first 3 chapters are in reserve?...or whatever that is

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yongbifan View Post
    interesting but could somebody explain to me by what the thread owner meant by that the first 3 chapters are in reserve?...or whatever that is
    He skipped over the first 3 chapters, and planned to come back to them so he created a placeholder to maintain the order in the thread.

    FYI: He also translated the last chapter so you might want to skip over that if you want to avoid spoilers. It mentions several people that appear throughout the story so it tends to color your view.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

    -KotOR

  4. #4
    Senior Member Avidfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    417

    Default

    I'm Yufeng in wuxiasociety

    I skipped the first 3 chapters as Chapter 4 will have constant flashback to Chapter 1-3. At that time, I only planned to translate a review of the story

    Cheers, and have fun reading

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Nepal
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Yufeng,
    thanks for the translation again.
    can u tell us when can we expect more? plz
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

  6. #6
    Member yongbifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    195

    Default

    thanks again yufeng..great work btw

  7. #7
    Senior Member littleli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Swordsman journey is complete.. ( ofcourse there are initial 2 chapters and chapters aound 50+ (one or two ) are missing.. but last end chapters are completely translatted.. Yufeng has skipped only few chapters which are not relavent to main story line..
    Thanks yufeng.. and happy reading for all those who are not tracking.. Highest adrenaline action of gu long ever..

  8. #8
    Senior Member LuDongBin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Another complete novel! How wonderful! Thanks. I shall pick it up where I left it some years back. Maybe I re-read again.....

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    173

    Default

    This is a philosophical question. Can we really call it complete? A complete abridged version :-D

  10. #10
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nisachar View Post
    if u r interested in reading the translation of
    Swordsman Journey by Gu Long

    check out this site.

    http://wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewto...?t=764&start=0


    YUFENG has done awesome job in translating this story.
    only few more chapters to go.

    Can't open website....

  11. #11
    Moderator Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,562

    Default

    I think wuxiasociety had been down for the last couple of weeks.
    Wuxiapedia

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

  12. #12
    Senior Member littleli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Someone is kind enough to post the backup of the swordsman journey translation by yufeng on the net..

    Link as below

    http://warzone.2morpg.com/f11-wuxia-translation

    But the othernovel the flower guarding bell no idea where to get it..

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    47

    Default

    The flower guarding bell has been translated and for sale (several years ago). I paid US$10 to download it from the translator's site, a long while back.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Xīnjiāpō
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littleli View Post
    Someone is kind enough to post the backup of the swordsman journey translation by yufeng on the net..

    Link as below

    http://warzone.2morpg.com/f11-wuxia-translation

    But the othernovel the flower guarding bell no idea where to get it..
    Chapter 53-58 of book 2 seems to be missing. Anyone know where it can be found?

    Thanks

  15. #15
    Senior Member littleli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    274

    Default

    These chapters are skipped by yufeng during original translation.. So you can't find it anywhere as these chapters are never translated..

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Xīnjiāpō
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littleli View Post
    These chapters are skipped by yufeng during original translation.. So you can't find it anywhere as these chapters are never translated..
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Does anyone know if someone is willing to fill in those chapters YuFeng skipped?
    YuFeng skipped chapters 01-03, 53-58.

    If not...
    Does anyone have the link for the Chinese original novel?
    Abhay did a great job with "Xia Ke Xing (Ode To Gallantry) - Jin Yong" using mostly machine translation as a basis.
    It's still a lot of work... but translation is still doable for those of us who do not know Chinese.

  18. #18
    Senior Member whiteskwirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    Does anyone know if someone is willing to fill in those chapters YuFeng skipped?
    YuFeng skipped chapters 01-03, 53-58.

    If not...
    Does anyone have the link for the Chinese original novel?
    Abhay did a great job with "Xia Ke Xing (Ode To Gallantry) - Jin Yong" using mostly machine translation as a basis.
    It's still a lot of work... but translation is still doable for those of us who do not know Chinese.
    I believe this is the Chinese original: http://www.millionbook.net/wx/g/gulong/jkx/index.html

Similar Threads

  1. Journey/The Zoo Fans
    By oGaKirA in forum Entertainment News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-07, 03:18 AM
  2. Best swordsman in Gu Long universe
    By minutemanwayne in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-10-07, 10:23 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-25-06, 09:52 PM
  4. Journey to the West Question
    By Divine Condor in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-04, 09:00 PM
  5. Invisible Journey
    By T-rinh in forum Episode Guides
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-02-04, 11:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts