Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Mangas Are You Reading?

After much hesitation, I finally started reading Arata Kangatari, which was mainly due to curiosity. I just wanted to see what Watase's shounen mangas are like. I haven't really liked any of her shoujo works, so I'm hoping this one will be more interesting. I've read up to chapter 3 and so far, it's okay, no opinion on it yet. I'm just wondering what the whole plot is about.

I'm also reading Legend by Woo Soo Jung. I find it pretty interesting so far. I like the mystery stuff and it's quite fast paced. Too bad it's not funnier though. Can't wait to read more, although the translating seems really slow. My only complaint are the action scenes, I can't tell what is going on. Other than that the artwork is pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by botan View Post
    After much hesitation, I finally started reading Arata Kangatari, which was mainly due to curiosity. I just wanted to see what Watase's shounen mangas are like. I haven't really liked any of her shoujo works, so I'm hoping this one will be more interesting. I've read up to chapter 3 and so far, it's okay, no opinion on it yet. I'm just wondering what the whole plot is about.
    Saving the world, and road to self-discovery. In a general sense, that is.

I'm starting to lose my patience with Arata Kangatari. It's not because its quality dropped or something, just that I'm starting to hate one of the villains. He rattles me so much I really want to kill him and it's very irritating because I know he will be there to stay for a long time. >_>
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I thought that there was a Skip Beat thread somewhere here but I couldn't find it. I've been on a marathon and read up to chapter 157 during the past week and a half. The first ten or so volumes were pretty much exactly like the anime. I was surprised by how faithful the anime was. Although, for some reason I found the anime funnier. It's not too bad of a manga but I do like Tokyo Crazy Paradise more. There are some parts that seem quite draggy and repetitive in Skip Beat but overall, it's still worth reading. I just wonder how many more volumes the mangaka is planning to drag it out to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I'm reading Detective Conan and am currently up to chapter 49 (yep, still a long way to go). So far I like it better than the anime and live action adaptations.
    Cool! me too I am currently on chapter 32 (even longer way to go ). I like it so much, it's one of my favorite.

I just started on All-Rounder Meguru.

Fudanshi Shugi - Morishige (seinen)
    Kami no Shizuku - Okimoto Shu (seinen)
    Kiniro no Corda - Kure Yuki (shoujo)
    Le Chevalier D'Eon - Yumeji Kiriko (seinen)

I'm currently reading Vampire Knight. Is anyone else here reading it? It's okay so far, quite draggy though. I'm continuing it since I'm curious about all the mystery stuff. I wish the story would be a little more fast pace, the secrets are being revealed to slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by botan View Post
    I'm currently reading Vampire Knight. Is anyone else here reading it? It's okay so far, quite draggy though. I'm continuing it since I'm curious about all the mystery stuff. I wish the story would be a little more fast pace, the secrets are being revealed to slowly.
    i read the first volume...and fall asleep soon after. but i like the crest, it looked very pretty, the one yuki cross was wearing.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by saimonas View Post
    Fudanshi Shugi - Morishige (seinen)
    Kami no Shizuku - Okimoto Shu (seinen)
    Kiniro no Corda - Kure Yuki (shoujo)
    Le Chevalier D'Eon - Yumeji Kiriko (seinen)
    hang on! are you my twin? im reading exactly the stuff ur reading!!! (well, and a few more others)
    o wilku mowa...♪

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.atlantica30.com/imagenes/imagenesArticulos/27/battle_royale_tapa_01.jpg')

My favorite manga right now...

Reading Kenji.

Pretty good old manga about martial arts, featuring real martial masters.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

just purchased the august issue of Lala ~
    o wilku mowa...♪

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Reading Kenji.

Pretty good old manga about martial arts, featuring real martial masters.

Han Solo
    Tell me more.

A manga i'm just starting to read but heard lot of good things about it...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://chasingbawa.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/vagabond.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.atlantica30.com/imagenes/imagenesArticulos/27/battle_royale_tapa_01.jpg')

My favorite manga right now...
    lol that one? pretty nifty concept... closely related to lord of the fly (the novel)...

Kenji

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/kenji/

The story of a young japanese boy--> guy in his quest of learning chinese martial arts, Bajiquan.

It brought him to Taiwan, Hongkong and China.

The author in fact is a known kung fu writer from Japan.

Worth reading, imho.

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Kenji

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/kenji/

The story of a young japanese boy--> guy in his quest of learning chinese martial arts, Bajiquan.

It brought him to Taiwan, Hongkong and China.

The author in fact is a known kung fu writer from Japan.

Worth reading, imho.

Han SOlo
    Oh, I have that manga, it's in my collection but incomplete. I read that long ago and liked the story because I like how the author introduced other martial arts in a realistic manner, and also talks abit its history. And, the boy picked up abit of Baji Quan routine from his grandpa, right?

But I always thought that boy was a Chinese because I remember his full name was - 刚拳儿.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    i read the first volume...and fall asleep soon after. but i like the crest, it looked very pretty, the one yuki cross was wearing.
    LOL, yeah, I almost fell asleep many times. There are a lot of draggy moments, I just skim through them. I'm just reading it now for the sake of finishing it but it really isn't that great of a manga. I just want to find out what the ending is going to be like. If only the mangaka can just start wrapping things up but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. I can't imagine how the anime can be 2 season too.

I'm currently reading Bound Beauty, which is okay. The concept of fate and invisible strings is interesting. I definitely like it more than VK.

Catching up with Bleach and One Piece after months of neglect.

Almost all ongoing Japanese manga series are crap, especially the utterly crappy soap-opera-like romantic manga series that my gf sometimes forces me to have a look at. The few ones I've been reading/rereading recently are:

- Beelzebub: Light-hearted, hilarious, and free of the sickening emo/bromantic stuff that is so frequently seen in other series.

- Kattobi Itto/Buttobi Itto (Chinese names: 神通少年/神通少年续篇): F**king hilarious football-cum-martial arts manga. Definitely one of the best. This series has been completed for a long time but not many people know about it due to the lack of an English translation.

- Dr. Slump: good ol' Toriyama's masterpiece, super hilarious.