Thread: Will climate change summit change anything?

Default Will climate change summit change anything?

The Copenhagen climate change summit boasts the attendance of over 15,000 delegates and 100 world leaders.

But do any of you think it will change anything? Attending is one thing, signing a pact is another, and doing is yet a different matter.

Will those world leaders ever get to step three - doing it for real - ?

Or will the world succumb yet to another series of empty promises and economical greed?

Discuss.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I know for sure that our gov will come back feeling all smug that they've saved the world & introducing a fart tax down here.

Might as well get a few in now before they start to cost me too much.

*braaaaap*
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

The latest e-mail fiasco should come as no surprise, since the original UN report was ‘creatively edited’ before it was issued, to the point that some of the scientists that wrote it asked to have their names removed from it! Then there’s the ‘un-explained cooling’ of the pasr decade.
    I think ‘Global Warming’ is nothing more than a ‘politically correct’, ‘World Government’ scam.

Already the US pork industry is objecting.

http://www.porkmag.com/news_editoria...675&ed_id=8572

The bad news keeps on coming out!
    1. Some of the older monitoring satellites have sensors that are out of calibration and are therefore unreliable sources.
    2. The satellite used to monitor the Arctic Ice-pack has a ‘glitch’ that resulted in the amount of ice was under-estimated.
    3. Al Gore said the e-mails were 10 yrs. old. Actually, only one was and the latest was from Oct. 2009!

What does the Administration do in the face of all this? Plays the EPA card. The politicians moan in faux horror, that this would be much worse than Cap and Trade, while not even considering that a one page bill could make all proposed EPA regulations subject to Congressional approval. That would end the ‘threat’ at once. All that’s required is a little integrity. Fat chance of that!

LMAO. I had a point by point (lengthy post) refuting all of the poster above's half-lies, then I had to login again after 20 min of being idle. So the post is lost in cyber space.
    Now I'm too lazy to retype.

Greed and ignorance is setting the world back.

It's pathetic how US is stalling climate care by pointing fingers at developing countries. It's pathetic how the Chinese government will agree, but still turn a blind eye to all those industries.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Same thing happened to me lol. I was typing up a reply but by the time I clicked submit, I was auto logged out, and what I typed was lost.

Long story short, the satellite thing doesn’t change that icecap is receding, and newly collected data is not as accurate as historical data because historical data has been doublechecked. New data does get checked for accuracy.

Climategate is still ongoing, and the scientists in question are likely guilty of bad science to some degree but on the larger issue of global warming, despite what the right wing is trying to do, doesn’t discredit what other researchers have done.

If you look at private correspondences of rightwing orgs’ communications, it’s a sure bet you could isolate questionable things too.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Finding a few flaws in the midst of overwhelming evidence is hardly a strong arguement. Just ignoring the inevitable, ostrich in the sand.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Just blame all the oil barons. There are the one who control everything and the biggest lobbyist behind everything & anything.

Hell, if any scientist out there found out about how to create a working, sustainable and safe ZPE (zero point energy) & cold fusion etc, it's the oild barons who will dispatching ninja from Ozunu clan, Treadstone or BlackBriar black-ops to kill them on the spot.

http://www.allaboutfeed.net/news/“co...221;-3905.html

Cut the trees, cut poverty...!!!! Cries for cuts all over, yet no one has enough balls to say we should be cutting down on breeding. Over-breeding is one of the real problems that nobody wants to face.

Here are what world leaders are saying about the climate change:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orQKQoM-c_0

http://suprememastertv.com/bbs/board...&goto_url=&url=

I think that the climage change summit will affect the meat industry.

The Global Warming / Climate Change supporters have their reputations on the line and no longer care about truth.
    They don’t mention much about ocean currents like El Niño/La Niña and climate.
    How about Solar Min [we’ve just come out of that] and Solar Min effects on climate?

The only true climate model would plot the above, along with CO2, plotted over decades, to come up with something resembling a logical premise.
    Don’t expect it any time soon.

I did some digging and discovered that the UK climate ‘scientists claim that ocean currents have little to no affect on climate and it’s mostly atmospheric in nature. [They have to say that to make their climate model work.] According to them, the Gulf Stream has nothing much to do with UK and Western European climate. That flies in the face of North and South American climate data on the effects of El Niño/La Niña.
    We hit minus 38°C on Monday, and we rarely get that cold even in mid-winter!
    Here’s a site the G.W. believers won’t like:
    http://www.friendsofscience.org/
    Last edited by JamesG; 12-13-09 at 02:54 AM.

Default Corn ethanol is green....!

From the Friends of the Earth website regarding biofuels subsidies:

“These tax credits are not tied to any sort of environmental performance standards. This means that even the most ecologically destructive biofuels, such as corn ethanol, are receiving immense funding despite their poor ecological performance. Meanwhile, precious dollars that could be devoted to truly sustainable energy production and transportation solutions are wasted on these outdated and ecologoically harmful technologies.”

Another quote from FOE after they figured out what’s involved in getting from planting corn, to ethanol for your gas tank.

“Studies indicate that corn ethanol is also making climate change worse: corn ethanol results in more greenhouse gas emissions than standard gasoline when taking ethanol’s full life-cycle of emissions into account.”

Watch this: http://vodpod.com/watch/3940021-frie...ads-on-ethanol

Corn Ethanol may not be ideal but it's the best alternative. At the very least, it's renewable. Countries like the US and Canada should keep up mass production of ethanol fuel.