Thread: Dook Goo Kau Bai (using a toothpick) vs. Cheung 3 Fung (using the Heaven Sword)

Default Dook Goo Kau Bai (using a toothpick) vs. Cheung 3 Fung (using the Heaven Sword)

Yeah, it seems grossly unfair to underarm Dook Goo Kau Bai against one of the best swordsmen and martial artists ever, but DGKB is Mr. "I'm So Mysteriously Invincible I Can Beat Anyone, Anytime, Beyond Reason," so I had to handicap him a bit just so that *maybe*, if the DGKB fanboys don't offer up the usual hyperbole, we'll have something resembling a discussion here.

So there you have it: Dook Goo Kau Bai (using whichever non-technique of his that he favors), armed with just your ordinary, garden variety restaurant toothpick, takes on Cheung 3 Fung (HSDS era, with Tai Chi Sword Technique) using the real Heaven Sword (not Chiu Mun's wooden replica).

Who wins? How long will the fight go?

DGQB by toothpick in the eye in stance 1.

Elapsed time: .05 seconds.

One shot from Tanzhi Shentong will deprive Dugu of his toothpick.

If Dugu would need at least two fingers to hold the toothpick, why not Dugu unarmed using simply one finger (not the middle one!) against Z3F?

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    If Dugu would need at least two fingers to hold the toothpick, why not Dugu unarmed using simply one finger (not the middle one!) against Z3F?
    Why not the middle finger?... LOL...
    Are you handicapping him by having him NOT use the finger with the longest reach? wink wink...

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

DGKB could use sticks and stones as his sword, maybe he could attack with flowers and leafs. extreme soft sword to overcome taiji jianfa.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingX View Post
    DGQB by toothpick in the eye in stance 1.

Elapsed time: .05 seconds.
    OK, how about we chain both of DGKB's legs together and make him fight upside down _and_ with a toothpick then?

I always said, this guy is so desparate for a challenge, when didn't he handicap himself a bit against the opposition? Instead, he goes about with a Heavy Iron Sword against presumably the normal swords of his opponents.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

One of the biggest presumptions about Dook Goo Kau Bai is that he beat all his opponents *easily*. It's said that he never lost. That might very well be true, but that doesn't mean that every duel he ever had was a cakewalk. For all we know, a number of those victories might have come only after a titanic struggle.

If Dook Goo Kau Bai were armed with only a toothpick and his opponent were Cheung 3 Fung using the Heaven Sword, this could be a long, long struggle. Let's assume that Dook Goo Kau Bai is indeed the better swordsman between the two: still, Cheung 3 Fung was no pushover himself and that, added with his weaponry advantage, should greatly mitigate Dook Goo Kau Bai's skill advantage. The duel could go on as long as a day, and in the end, although there might be a dead "Real Man" Cheung with a tiny pinprick in his throat, Dook Goo Kau Bai might be exhausted and minus an arm himself.

The presumption comes from the statement in XAJH by Feng Qingyang that no one so much as forced him to make a single defensive stroke in his entire life, which was his response to LHC's question as to why DG9J is all about attacking.

W/regards to DGQB using a toothpick, per ROCH,

“After the age of forty, I no longer relied on weaponry. Bushes, trees, bamboo sticks or rocks, all could be my swords. From then on, I achieved great progress and slowly reached the realm of overcoming the sword without a sword.”
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I believe Dugu have no chance at all. Which brings up this question in my mind, can Dugu fight without a weapon (I mean with bare hands)?
    ..ext88

Zhang Sanfeng is the best martial artist of all time, even if both have swords zhang sanfeng should be superior.

Zhang Sanfeng chops off Dugu Qiubai's limbs, while Dugu Qiubai goes for the Taoist's eye but misses and lands on a spot of the Taoist's face that affects the Central Nervous System, so Zhang Sanfeng became a living vegetable.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Based on some people's understanding of DGQB's martial arts, you've over-armed DGQB. If each higher level can overcome the lower level, putting a toothpick in DGQB's hand means he is using the 3rd level of his own martial arts where sticks and rocks can be used as a weapon. So, if you really wanted to handicap DGQB against ZSF, you would put a normal metal sword in DGQB's hand which means he'll need to use level 1 of his own martial arts.

Dang it........
    Last edited by Dirt; 03-28-10 at 04:14 PM.

Dook Goo Kau Bai would beat the shit out of Cheung 3 Fung in less than 20 moves.