+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 176

Thread: World Cup 2010

  1. #41
    Senior Member yittz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,946

    Default

    I hate Italy because they are a bunch of pussy divers.

    I hate England because of random fandom who know jack about soccer. All this beckham loving and hence support from Asian females is meh.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

    Member of TC fanclub.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Ghaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    South Korea squashed by Argentina 4-1.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Guo Xiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The bubblehead
    Posts
    8,582

    Default

    Mexico beats France by 2-0. France now sits at the bottom with South Africa.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

  4. #44
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    They should have no trouble advancing as top seed in their group, Ghana is probably the lone challenge in it.
    Germany goes down to Serbia 0-1...

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    really no favorite at this world cup, everyone is too close as far as talent, and the game is settle by 1-2 goals, kindda hard to determine the clear better team.

    on 2nd thought, US is holding their destiny, win and get in the next round,

  6. #46
    Senior Member Ghaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    Because of the U.S. team, England is in trouble... They must win the next game because right now they're third in the group.

  7. #47
    Senior Member blueberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    I hate Italy because they are a bunch of pussy divers.

    I hate England because of random fandom who know jack about soccer. All this beckham loving and hence support from Asian females is meh.
    Not all Italian players are divers, you know. I hate most of the divers too, but I still love Italy And I don't love Beckham. Heck, I don't even find him attractive. My American friends couldn't believe when I said I find Roger Federer is 1000x more handsome & attractive than Beckham

    Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Mexico beats France by 2-0. France now sits at the bottom with South Africa.
    Good for France

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Because of the U.S. team, England is in trouble... They must win the next game because right now they're third in the group.
    I hope England can win & get the number #1 spot in group C, otherwise I'll lose my bet But even if they only take #2 spot, as long as they advance to the 2nd round, then I'm fine with losing my bet.

  8. #48
    Moderator Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,562

    Default

    Lol, Australia - red card capital of the world
    Wuxiapedia

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Ask a technical question. What happen if all the teams within a group draw with 0-0?

  10. #50
    Senior Member Ghaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Ask a technical question. What happen if all the teams within a group draw with 0-0?
    then they draw lots...

    The criteria for breaking ties in general is:

    1. difference between goals for and goals against
    2. total number of goals the team scored
    3. head-to-head outcomes between tied teams
    4. goal difference between tied teams in the matches played only between them
    5. total number of goals scored between tied teams in the matches played only between them
    6. drawing lots
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-20-10 at 02:33 AM.

  11. #51
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Lol, Australia - red card capital of the world
    devastating

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    then they draw lots...

    The criteria for breaking ties in general is:

    1. difference between goals for and goals against
    2. total number of goals the team scored
    3. head-to-head outcomes between tied teams
    4. goal difference between tied teams in the matches played only between them
    5. total number of goals scored between tied teams in the matches played only between them
    6. drawing lots
    thanks, but has (6) occurred before?

  13. #53
    Senior Member galvatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    thanks, but has (6) occurred before?
    It happen in world cup 1990 when Holland and Ireland Rep have same number of points and goals.
    p W D L F A PTS
    England 3 1 2 0 2 1 4
    Ireland 3 0 3 0 2 2 3
    Holland 3 0 3 0 2 2 3
    Egypt 3 0 2 1 1 2 2

    Holland lose the drawing lots and play West Germany as best 3rd place team and lose 2-1 ,while Ireland beat Romania on penalty in last 16 ,it know as Irish Luck by the press.

  14. #54
    Senior Member blueberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,350

    Default

    Did anybody watch the Brazil game? That 2nd yellow card for Kaka are totally uncalled for. And that stupid Ivory Coast's player covered his face while Kaka 'elbowed' him on the chest. Come on now, if you want to dive, at least do it right!

    Good thing Brazil advances to 2nd round already. Go Brazil.

  15. #55
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    4,936

    Default

    I hate Portugal now. Beat PRK 7:0.

    4:0 I can accept, but why keep putting in goals if you know you will win for sure and it is only a pass/fail match (I mean no. goals do not matter in the final calculation). No need to cause such an embarassment to your opposing team.

    Really worried for the PRK players. Hope they don't get shot or jailed for losing so badly. PRK is a terrible government.

    Still remember when Brazil killed China last World cup 4:0, then stopped goaling. It was very polite and considerate of the losing team's feelings. Go Brazil.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    4 seasons in 1 day
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I hate Portugal now. Beat PRK 7:0.

    4:0 I can accept, but why keep putting in goals if you know you will win for sure and it is only a pass/fail match (I mean no. goals do not matter in the final calculation). No need to cause such an embarassment to your opposing team.

    Really worried for the PRK players. Hope they don't get shot or jailed for losing so badly. PRK is a terrible government.

    Still remember when Brazil killed China last World cup 4:0, then stopped goaling. It was very polite and considerate of the losing team's feelings. Go Brazil.
    Any country that needs to be babied doesn't belong on the world stage. And plus, you get money for scoring a goal, definitely helps your career in the future. If anything, it's insulting to your oponent if you look down on him so much you don't even bother playing the game anymore. And it's a motivator for the other team to get better. Embarassment is a lame reason for anything.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Sentry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    Germany goes down to Serbia 0-1...
    I almost punched my friend in the face several times during the match.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Ghaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    South Korea makes it through!!!

    Tight 2-2 draw against Nigeria and a Greece lost made them advance.

  19. #59
    Senior Member Sentry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I hate Portugal now. Beat PRK 7:0.

    4:0 I can accept, but why keep putting in goals if you know you will win for sure and it is only a pass/fail match (I mean no. goals do not matter in the final calculation). No need to cause such an embarassment to your opposing team.

    Really worried for the PRK players. Hope they don't get shot or jailed for losing so badly. PRK is a terrible government.

    Still remember when Brazil killed China last World cup 4:0, then stopped goaling. It was very polite and considerate of the losing team's feelings. Go Brazil.

    You do realise that # of goals are extremely important in this round, right? With the 7 goals Portugal went from being tied with Ivory Coast to essentially a guaranteed spot in the next round even if they lose to Brazil.

  20. #60
    Senior Member Ghaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    Can't wait for the South Korea-Uruguay match. I hope Japan makes it through the next round too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    You do realise that # of goals are extremely important in this round, right? With the 7 goals Portugal went from being tied with Ivory Coast to essentially a guaranteed spot in the next round even if they lose to Brazil.
    Yeah i agree with this. Ivory Coast has to hope Portugal loses the next match PLUS Ivory Coast probably has to score at least 7 goals.

Similar Threads

  1. Twenty 20 Cricket World Cup
    By Spidey in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-07, 04:02 AM
  2. World Cup 2006
    By Long in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 292
    Last Post: 07-30-06, 08:16 AM
  3. Anyone watching the World Cup?
    By tmark938 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-06, 10:47 AM
  4. the world cup
    By lil.chink in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-06, 10:41 AM
  5. Germany 2006 World Cup Qualifiers
    By chelsea_fan in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-29-05, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts