Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2010

Hey, I'm not a competitive person so I never think to beat your opponent to mush every game. But I do understand some people are. Never once did I expect Portugal was going to lose to PRK, but as I said, I am more worried about the consequences of the PRK players after returning to their country rather than the win-lose situation. Maybe they should do a mass escape or something. Considering this the first time it will broadcasted live in North Korea, I cooncerned that Kim Jung Il might execute them live on TV!

Don't even get why PRK/DPR was put in the same category as The Ivory Coast, Brazil and Portugal - totally different class.

Hope Brazil wins the match! Woohoo! Go Brazil.

Meanwhile, I am so disappointed with my home team, Australia. Losing 4:0 is OK but dDon't like their attitude after the red card. Hope Maybe Australia should play PRK and see who gets thrashed.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

England and US make it thru... US scores the goal in the 91st minute to just barely advance =P Germany and Ghana also make it thru....

So the first round of 16 matches:

1) South Korea vs Uruguay
    2) Argentina vs Mexico
    3) US vs Ghana
    4) England vs Germany

The England vs Germany game should be good.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-23-10 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post

Don't even get why PRK/DPR was put in the same category as The Ivory Coast, Brazil and Portugal - totally different class.
    That's just because of their bad luck during the draw. Each group will always have top seed (this one has Brazil). But then, they also got Portugal (a good team but wasn't seeded), and Ivory Coast (which is a good team too).

Hey, I'm not a competitive person so I never think to beat your opponent to mush every game. But I do understand some people are. Never once did I expect Portugal was going to lose to PRK, but as I said, I am more worried about the consequences of the PRK players after returning to their country rather than the win-lose situation. Maybe they should do a mass escape or something. Considering this the first time it will broadcasted live in North Korea, I cooncerned that Kim Jung Il might execute them live on TV!
    With the recent reported execution (unless it is false) of the minister who made a mess out of the curreny revaluation, this is a possibility. But then, Kim Jung II, powerful bureaucrats and the rich trades may argue that it is only a game. So, nothing happen in the end. Hope for this for the sake of human life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    England and US make it thru... US scores the goal in the 91st minute to just barely advance =P Germany and Ghana also make it thru....

So the first round of 16 matches:

1) South Korea vs Uruguay
    2) Argentina vs Mexico
    3) US vs Ghana
    4) England vs Germany

The England vs Germany game should be good.
    Glad to see that both England and US proceed. For the element of fun, my prediction for the first four games of the second round:

1) South Korea vs Uruguay = latter win
    2) Argentina vs Mexico = former win
    3) US vs Ghana = former win
    4) England vs Germany = latter win
    Last edited by wkeej; 06-24-10 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    You do realise that # of goals are extremely important in this round, right? With the 7 goals Portugal went from being tied with Ivory Coast to essentially a guaranteed spot in the next round even if they lose to Brazil.
    It may matter at the end. This could make things worse for North Korea as Ivory Coast fire power is stronger than Portugal and they will need the goals badly - expecting Brazil to beat Portugal.

Hope Brazil wins the match! Woohoo! Go Brazil.

Meanwhile, I am so disappointed with my home team, Australia. Losing 4:0 is OK but dDon't like their attitude after the red card. Hope Maybe Australia should play PRK and see who gets thrashed.
    Portugal team was never known to be good at finalizing - but PRK made it easy by not defending. I bet the PRK technical team believed they were at Portugal's level - otherwise how would you think this match was broadcast live in PRK? They didn't broadcast their match with Brazil, did they?

Who cares about PRK.

GOOO NZ

Surprise me again. I expected a 0-0-3 0-6 scoreline. Now we are 0-2-0 2-2

I am glad Aus won, and Germany got through too. For the sake of African soccer, at least 1 side is into the next. Are we going to see 5 south american, 2 north american teams, 1 african and 8 european teams?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Defending champs Italy has been eliminated by Slovakia (the score 2 to 3)

Pretty sad for both the French and Italian teams that made it to the final in 2006. I'm not sure about Italy, but France sure deserves it. What a classless team to match a rude coach.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Pretty sad for both the French and Italian teams that made it to the final in 2006. I'm not sure about Italy, but France sure deserves it. What a classless team to match a rude coach.
    France used to be one of the best. In the past decade, only Brazil and France have managed to be successful. They both made it to 2 world cup finals with 1 world cup win. It's the passing of an era ever since Zidane retired.

France used to be one of the best. In the past decade, only Brazil and France have managed to be successful. They both made it to 2 world cup finals with 1 world cup win. It's the passing of an era ever since Zidane retired.
    A bunch of prima donnas, that's all. Who do they think they are? They deserved what they got. I just feel sorry for the French public who's been let down by this bunch of deluded players.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

New Zealand remains undefeated!

Go ALL WHITES!!!

Seriously, lets shift the spotlight away from the overpaid whining sulks. The effort of players with lesser skill and experience, but bigger heart and team focus should be recognised.
    Last edited by yittz; 06-25-10 at 09:21 AM.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Am watching the Portugal vs Brazil match and there is no Kaka! Am totally infuriated!

Italy played bad during the first 70 mins against Slovakia, they only started firing around 80th min What happened to them? I guess if they can't beat Slovakia, then they might as well go home.

I was sad to see Italy out, but I was kinda expecting it knowing that their players are older compared to the other teams. Hopefully after this, their next generation will have better luck

OK, my #1 team is out. My #1 enemy is also out. This World Cup suckssss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Am watching the Portugal vs Brazil match and there is no Kaka! Am totally infuriated!
    Kaka got 2 yellow cards (=red card) during Portugal vs Ivory Coast. He can't play the Brazil game.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    A bunch of prima donnas, that's all. Who do they think they are? They deserved what they got. I just feel sorry for the French public who's been let down by this bunch of deluded players.
    I think the French team is still pretty strong.

The problem is the coach attitude and his relationship with the players. France's problem would have been avoided if they had replaced the coach after the last world cup.

I expect to see France coming back and play the levels we used to see with a new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    I think the French team is still pretty strong.

The problem is the coach attitude and his relationship with the players. France's problem would have been avoided if they had replaced the coach after the last world cup.

I expect to see France coming back and play the levels we used to see with a new coach.
    France is a yoyo team ,they failed to qualify for world cup 1990 and 1994 and Euro 1988 after the retire of Michel Platini but they return with Zidane era with winning World Cup 1998 and Euro 2000 plus runner up in 2006,After World cup 1958 and Euro 1960 with the end Of Just Fointaine era ,France was floped in World Cup until the emerge of Platini in World cup 1978 .Maybe they will be back in Euro 2012 and World Cup 2014 and gone again in world cup 2018.
    Last edited by galvatron; 06-25-10 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    Italy played bad during the first 70 mins against Slovakia, they only started firing around 80th min What happened to them? I guess if they can't beat Slovakia, then they might as well go home.

I was sad to see Italy out, but I was kinda expecting it knowing that their players are older compared to the other teams. Hopefully after this, their next generation will have better luck

OK, my #1 team is out. My #1 enemy is also out. This World Cup suckssss!!
    Italy lose to Slovakia is better for them to avoid get trashing by Holland in round 16 like the 0-3 loss to Holland in Euro 2008.

Italy manager Lippi have drop the US born guy Giuseppe Rossi who play for Spanish club Villareal because Italy only select player who play in Italian league and not from other league and most of the player are from Juventus .

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    Kaka got 2 yellow cards (=red card) during Portugal vs Ivory Coast. He can't play the Brazil game.
    I know that. And he got the yellow cards during the game of Brazil vs Ivory Coast. Kaka is not a Portuguese.