Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Woah woah don't bring God into this...let nature take its course...Spain can come back in 4 years.
    Spain will take it all this year!!!! Germany can try again in 4 yrs!

I think too many people are jumping on the Germany bandwagon. I don't believe that Germany is as good as some of their scorelines would seem to indicate. I believe del Bosque has been making a mistake by starting Torres who has clearly not yet recovered his form or fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanlie Tong View Post
    I think too many people are jumping on the Germany bandwagon. I don't believe that Germany is as good as some of their scorelines would seem to indicate. I believe del Bosque has been making a mistake by starting Torres who has clearly not yet recovered his form or fitness.
    It's not only the scorelines, its also their style of play and technical abilities shown in the match. They are a great counterattacking type of team. It's going to be a good match against Spain tomorrow. Spain may have more famous players but Germany is a great cohesive team.

wow. Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    It's not only the scorelines, its also their style of play and technical abilities shown in the match. They are a great counterattacking type of team. It's going to be a good match against Spain tomorrow. Spain may have more famous players but Germany is a great cohesive team.
    I think their opposition has made them appear better than they are. If they defeat Spain I will be convinced that they are a great team. But not until then.

German fans please click this lol :P - http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Germany

This WC sucks!!!! All my teams got eliminated!!

Wanlie : I became Germany fan not because of their scorelines. But just because they are the most entertaining team to watch. Heck, I almost switched my loyalty when I was watching the Germans spanking my England team For me that says a lot, because I usually hate teams that beat my fave teams with all of my heart I had a week off of work last week, so I had opportunities to watch a lot of games. Even when I knew Spain is the pre-tourney favorite, I couldn't understand why. I don't think they are that special when they played against Portugal and Paraguay. But today, I have to say Spain played better than Germany (I only watched the 2nd half). And Spain is very lucky to have a good goalie like Casillas.

I hope this German team will mature to a great team for the Euro 2012 & WC 2014. I'll be sure watching them again in the future.

So it looks like its Spain vs Holland in the final...

I think their opposition has made them appear better than they are. If they defeat Spain I will be convinced that they are a great team. But not until then.
    After watching the match today, i have to agree that Spain is the better team. Spain just dominated Germany today in scoring opportunities. I knew Spain had the best talent but i didn't think they would dominate Germany so well. I still think Germany is a great team, definitely top 3 or 4 in this whole tournament. Hopefully they'll win the 3rd place match against Uruguay.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Spain in the final.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 07-07-10 at 05:55 PM.

Blueberry-I wasn't referring to anyone in this forum when I said people were jumping on the Germany bandwagon. What I was refferring to was a poll that I saw (on the ESPN website I think) where about 60% of the people were predicting Germany would beat Spain. I also think that Germany played entertaining football and I enjoyed watching them. Spain has not been as entertaining as they usually are, but then no team including Germany has been willing to play with Spain. Spain has been forced to scratch and fight because of the way teams have played against them and have been unable to showcase their usual game.

Ghaleon - I thought Spain's pressure particularly in the midfield would disrupt Germany's passing and frustrate the Germans. I felt that other teams let Germany play their game and that Spain wasn't going to let that happen. Germany was definitely one of the top three or four teams in the tournament.

Now I just want Barcelona, er I mean Spain to beat the Netherlands in the Finals.

Happy that Spain won today. They played a great game and didn't let Germany dictate the pace and run out to the open field. Germany is an explosive team when they are allowed to run but Spain midfielders did a great job of stopping them. And as always, the best defense is a great offense! Go Spain!!!!!

I predict Spain 2, Holland 1 on Sunday.

Oh God, I just hope Spain lose to Netherlands on Sunday. Although it's only a small chance, but I really hope Netherlands can win. Anybody but Spain! But if Spain does win this WC, then this is truly their golden age in sports.

And the Germans really should kill & eat that bloody octopus who jinxed them!

Never go against an octopus!
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

That octopus should go where it belongs - in a frying pan.

Anyway, Spain played better and was the better team but only for today's match. Every other match I've seen Spain play, they were average. They did not play that well overall in this tournament, whereas Germany did with the exception for today and that game against Slovakia.

As much as I love Germany, I don't know what happened today, not too happy with their performance.

ORANJE for the final though.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Let me synthesize all I want to say for yesterday's game into two words -

click to show/hide spoilers
    Fuucking Octopus

The end!!!

It's time for OCTOPUS Buffet!!!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I will go for Spain in the final. Did the octopus choose that too?

Ghaleon - I thought Spain's pressure particularly in the midfield would disrupt Germany's passing and frustrate the Germans. I felt that other teams let Germany play their game and that Spain wasn't going to let that happen. Germany was definitely one of the top three or four teams in the tournament.

Now I just want Barcelona, er I mean Spain to beat the Netherlands in the Finals.
    Yeah, i think that's what pretty much happened. Spain frustrated Germany's midfield flow with their pressure and passing. I think Spain is the only team that could do that to the Germans because of their unique possession style game (and the fact that Spain is a very skilled team).

for third placing i will go for Germany win.

Hahahaha, a lot of people want to kill tha octopus, eh? I read online that the Germans want to grill him All of his predictions were right though, including Germany's lost to Serbia during the group stage. Maybe he really does have supernatural power.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I will go for Spain in the final. Did the octopus choose that too?
    Paul the octopus will make prediction for both the final game & 3rd place game on friday (from what I read online).

Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    That octopus should go where it belongs - in a frying pan.

Anyway, Spain played better and was the better team but only for today's match. Every other match I've seen Spain play, they were average. They did not play that well overall in this tournament, whereas Germany did with the exception for today and that game against Slovakia.

As much as I love Germany, I don't know what happened today, not too happy with their performance.

ORANJE for the final though.
    Yap, agreed with you, Jaded. I watched Spain against Portugal & Paraguay. They were nothing special. But they peaked at the right moment against the right team. Let's see if they can maintain that level against the Netherlands.

Netherlands for the winner & Germany for 3rd place.
    Last edited by blueberry; 07-08-10 at 06:22 PM.

Default Mani the parakeet video: Bird picks Holland to win World Cup

Mani the parakeet video: Bird picks Holland to win World Cup

http://indbox.co.tv/mani-the-parakee...win-world-cup/

It's time to consult my hamster.