Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: World Cup 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Bei Rongkun View Post
    It's time to consult my hamster.
    LOL

Master Splinter?

So, our divine Tako pachi, Ah Paul predicted Espana to be the Championale in this World Cuppa.... Now, people, go place your bets!!!

BTW, now it's not only about Spain vs Netherlands. It is also about whose prediction will come true - battle between the Tweety o' Green Parakeet vs the Yummy o' Tako Pachi!!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 07-09-10 at 08:05 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Does Paul the octopus really have supernatural power?

Quote : "On Friday Paul first settled on top of the Germany container but after a few minutes shifted to the Uruguay container. Then after about 15 minutes he went back to Germany container, quickly opened the lid and ate the morsel of food inside."

You can read it as : Germany lead first (when he sat on top of Germany container), then Uruguay lead (when he moved to Uruguay container) and then Germany wins (when he opened Germany container).

Now....if he really does have psychic power, I really really hope he only can use that power to predict Germany games correctly. Other than Germany games, I hope he'll get it wrong.

Congrats to Germany for winning the 3rd place.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    Does Paul the octopus really have supernatural power?

Quote : "On Friday Paul first settled on top of the Germany container but after a few minutes shifted to the Uruguay container. Then after about 15 minutes he went back to Germany container, quickly opened the lid and ate the morsel of food inside."

You can read it as : Germany lead first (when he sat on top of Germany container), then Uruguay lead (when he moved to Uruguay container) and then Germany wins (when he opened Germany container).

Now....if he really does have psychic power, I really really hope he only can use that power to predict Germany games correctly. Other than Germany games, I hope he'll get it wrong.

Congrats to Germany for winning the 3rd place.
    Never question the Octopus God.

Having said that I really want to cut it up, roast it, & then eat it for not picking Germany against Spain.

One last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post

Having said that I really want to cut it up, roast it, & then eat it for not picking Germany against Spain.
    Paul is really the Octopus God haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post

Ha, he really does have psychic power.

Congrats to Spain. I rooted for Netherlands, but halfway through the game I got kinda bored & disgusted by the way they played. I like the kungfu kick though hahahahahaha

edit :
    Germany's Thomas Mueller won the Golden Boot & Uruguay's Diego Forlan won the Golden Ball. At least I can be happy to see one Germany player won something. Hopefully he'll win the Young Player Award too.
    Last edited by blueberry; 07-11-10 at 06:12 PM.

Happy that Spain won, but very disapointed in the game and the way it was played. The Dutch were a disgrace to football.

Golden Ball : Diego Forlan (Uruguay)
    Golden Boot : Thomas Mueller (Germany)
    Golden Glove : Iker Cassilas (Spain)
    Best Young Player : Thomas Mueller (Germany)
    Fair Play Team : Spain *really? hmm*

I still don't understand what is so special about Spain. People said they are great team, great skills, beautiful team to watch & deserves to win. Well, they played better against Germany & Netherlands, that I can say. But not great. In both games, their only goal didn't come from structured attack, it's more like an opportunity attack or somebody lurking unguarded. Whenever they did the million passes between them trying to build an attack, it never come to fruition. I got bored watching them play. Oh well, what do I know about technicality....

Now I can't wait for Euro 2012. When the qualification round starts? End of this year?

Happy Spain won. Finally!!!! They're definitely the better team today. I was looking forward to the PK but thankfully Spain scored before time ran out. Congrats to the Spaniards for a great tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanlie Tong View Post
    Happy that Spain won, but very disapointed in the game and the way it was played. The Dutch were a disgrace to football.
    Agreed. Even though Spain won 1-0 in every game of the knockout rounds, they always dominated the opponent with their skills and passing-style game. Not even the Dutch could disrupt that in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    Golden Ball : Diego Forlan (Uruguay)
    Golden Boot : Thomas Mueller (Germany)
    Golden Glove : Iker Cassilas (Spain)
    Best Young Player : Thomas Mueller (Germany)
    Fair Play Team : Spain *really? hmm*

I still don't understand what is so special about Spain. People said they are great team, great skills, beautiful team to watch & deserves to win. Well, they played better against Germany & Netherlands, that I can say. But not great. In both games, their only goal didn't come from structured attack, it's more like an opportunity attack or somebody lurking unguarded. Whenever they did the million passes between them trying to build an attack, it never come to fruition. I got bored watching them play. Oh well, what do I know about technicality....

Now I can't wait for Euro 2012. When the qualification round starts? End of this year?
    Spain had like 4 guys in the running for Fifa World Player of the Year Award. They're practically an All-Star team. So their technical abilities and skills are unsurpassed in the entire world. You can tell this by the way they make passes, their dribbling ability and the way they play their possession-style of game. There is no other team that can pull off this posession-style game, it takes a lot of technical skill to be able to do that.

Congrats to Spain!

And of course, Paul gets it right again... Hmm...
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

What will happen to Paul now?

He's going to the old animals' home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    ... Spain had like 4 guys in the running for Fifa World Player of the Year Award. They're practically an All-Star team. So their technical abilities and skills are unsurpassed in the entire world. You can tell this by the way they make passes, their dribbling ability and the way they play their possession-style of game. There is no other team that can pull off this posession-style game, it takes a lot of technical skill to be able to do that.
    Well, in terms of possession and technical skills, if Brazil had better luck, Spain would have seen the true opponents that could challenge them for the WC 2010. How Brazil lost to Nertherland was very fateful.

The first Brazil own goal ever in the WC, plus a red card there after by the same player gifted the win to Netherland. And it wasn't even an easy win for Netherland. Brazil attacked as if they were still having 11 men, and Netherland defended more than attack!

At 1-0 up, they had chance to go 2-0 as well. Felipe Melo, was he the scapegoat or the manipulator??

If Maradona wasn't the coach, Argentina would have better defence, better midfield and probably stonger attacking line up. If Muller wasn't suspended, Germany would probably have routed Uruguay just like England and Argentina in previous rounds. So many 'if's, and of cause this time, the footballing gods favoured Spain having given them tough luck for so many years.

Paul has passed away in his aquarium.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11626050

Quote Originally Posted by convoy View Post
    Paul has passed away in his aquarium.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11626050

Haha, no tears from me. I hate Paul's prediction and mostly ate squids and the likes during dinner after each game.