Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruel temptations of wife

Default Cruel temptations of wife

Caught a few episodes of this show. I can't find it on mysoju or ANZ, has anyone watched the whole 129 episodes ? Who is the father of the sucking up kid? The wronged wife was so pathetic..., don't think I'll manage to sit through it even if I have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    Who is the father of the sucking up kid?
    The cheating husband dude.

If you don't have time to watch all 129 episodes, try the remake.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://allkoreandrama.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/temptation-of-an-angel-3.jpg')
    Temptation of an Angel, the primetime remake of Temptation of Wife with younger and better looking actors, only 20 episode long.
    Last edited by JonDoe; 12-11-09 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://allkoreandrama.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/temptation-of-an-angel-3.jpg')
    Temptation of an Angel, the primetime remake of Temptation of Wife with younger and better looking actors, only 20 episode long.
    I'm watching episode 4 and I still don't understand Joo Ahn Ran has to take revenge on that family. How is Shin Hyun Woo's parents responsible for her parents' deaths? Wasn't it an accident?

The nurse Yoon Jae Hee is her sister right?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    How is Shin Hyun Woo's parents responsible for her parents' deaths? Wasn't it an accident?
    No, but a planned murder to cover for Shin Hyun Woo's father's corruption.

The nurse Yoon Jae Hee is her sister right?
    Yes.

Thanks, I found your thread under temptation of wife. Geez why they give it different names is a mystery to me.

Will try to catch the abridged version. Thanks. The husband is rather old and the actress who played the mistress seemed to be stuck in that kind of roles, the nasty other woman... not good looking either.

The husband is rather old and the actress who played the mistress seemed to be stuck in that kind of roles, the nasty other woman... not good looking either.
    Well, this was a daily-run soap drama for housewives. Daily-run soap dramas generally tend to have cheap production value and cater to housewives in their 40s and 50s. It wasn't until the mega success(yes, a mega success) of the "Temptation of Wife" until daily-run soap dramas started having high-production value with big name cast.

The remake, The Temptation of An Angel, is a high-budget primetime drama which feature younger and better-looking cast, such as Bae Soo Bin(you remember him as Park Joon Se in Shining Inheritance).

Well, this was a daily-run soap drama for housewives. Daily-run soap dramas generally tend to have cheap production value and cater to housewives in their 40s and 50s. It wasn't until the mega success(yes, a mega success) of the "Temptation of Wife" until daily-run soap dramas started having high-production value with big name cast.

The remake, The Temptation of An Angel, is a high-budget primetime drama which feature younger and better-looking cast, such as Bae Soo Bin(you remember him as Park Joon Se in Shining Inheritance).
    Usually with dramas, I watch episode after episode (with free time) but this drama is so soap opera-ish and melo-dramatic, I don't feel like watching for a long time. That's probably better for me, but guh...I don't know who's side I'm on. They all have their reasons.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default Cruel Temptation 妻子的诱惑 Weekdays at 7pm

No easy time for actors playing villains in Korean drama Cruel TemptationBADDIES had a hard time in the Korean drama Cruel Temptation.

Not only did they have to memorise difficult lines, they had to cry buckets too. And that's before they got dunked into icy waters.

Actor Byun Woo Min, 44, is the cheating husband who tries to kill his wife, played by Jang Seo Hee.

His partner-in-crime is his onscreen lover, played by Kim Seo Hyung, 33.

When U-Weekly met up with Woo Min and Seo Hyung in Seoul last month, both said their roles as indecent lovers were very challenging.

Woo Min said: 'There's lots of yelling and quarrelling in the show.'

He added that they had a hectic filming schedule - six days of shooting per week for this 129-episode series - but watching the drama would be a breeze.

'It has a fast-paced storyline. So it's like watching a movie.'

Strange as it may sound, their characters cry a lot in the drama, although they are the ones hurting people around them.

Said Woo Min: 'I had to wail three times in one scene. That's really draining.'

Seo Hyung agreed: 'It's very taxing, both physically and emotionally, to act as an evil person.'

Both agreed they couldn't learn how to be a crook from each other because they are nice people, really.

But they still managed to help each other understand their roles better, and became as close as siblings during filming.

Physically demanding

The drama's ending was the most physically demanding scene, where Woo Min's and Seo Hyung's characters go out to the sea.

'The water temperature was only 13 deg C. And we had to shoot the fighting scene in the icy waters for six hours,' said Woo Min.

Be sure not to miss the twist at the end, said Seo Hyung. 'Although my character starts out as a baddie, she becomes a nice person eventually.

'That's the ending the scriptwriter promised me, and the audiences must not miss it,' she added with a laugh.

Still, filming was tough. When shooting wrapped for Cruel Temptation, Seo Hyung took a break from work for three months.

Don't mistake her as a drama novice though.

She entered showbiz in 1994 and played Sunshine Ha in the 2005 Korean hit drama Be Strong, Geum Soon!.

Woo Min - who appeared in the Korean film Wedding Story and the drama Jazz - will be in town this Wednesday to promote Cruel Temptation, which ended its run in Korea in May.

It premieres over Channel U on 19 Nov at 7pm.
    Dont let tears fall in my eyes

Default Remake?

I read the synopsis of the new series, it does not seem like a remake, quite different.
    Anyway I have watched a few of the long show ( mega hit? man... ), one review said Encai married the man for revenge? She was treated like a servant for 7 years and the jerk cheated on her with her best friend. ... maybe I read the wrong review?

I read the synopsis of the new series, it does not seem like a remake, quite different.
    Anyway I have watched a few of the long show ( mega hit? man... ), one review said Encai married the man for revenge? She was treated like a servant for 7 years and the jerk cheated on her with her best friend. ... maybe I read the wrong review?
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Temptation_of_Wife (summary enclosed)

Temptation of an Angel is just a spinoff not a remake of the series. Temptation of the Wife is where the husband wrongs the wife and the wife gets revenge. On the other hand, Temptation of an Angel is where the wife wrongs the husband and the husband seeks revenge against the wife with a new face (via plastic surgery).

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Temptation_of_Wife (summary enclosed)

Temptation of an Angel is just a spinoff not a remake of the series. Temptation of the Wife is where the husband wrongs the wife and the wife gets revenge. On the other hand, Temptation of an Angel is where the wife wrongs the husband and the husband seeks revenge against the wife with a new face (via plastic surgery).
    Seems more like a copycat show. But I didn't watch it after reading the synopsis, instead I watched a few of the original. It was so melodramatic, most were overacting, the main actress' character was so pathetic. She was clumsy, apart from her family others bullied her.... fodder for me mates and me to discuss over a long lunch... I think I'll have fun and continue watching.

Seems more like a copycat show. But I didn't watch it after reading the synopsis, instead I watched a few of the original. It was so melodramatic, most were overacting, the main actress' character was so pathetic. She was clumsy, apart from her family others bullied her.... fodder for me mates and me to discuss over a long lunch... I think I'll have fun and continue watching.
    Well they did say on the bottom of the first link that the Temptation of the Wife is the female version and the Temptation of an Angel is the male version. If you deem it copycat, then maybe it is. Tomay-to to-mat-to.

Can't stand Aeri and Sohee. Evil, mean, nasty women! e.e;

The scriptwriter should have really just killed off Sohee. That would have cut off dozens of painful episodes (it was really too bitter of a pill to swallow when Aeri starts turning the tables around).
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

The last few episodes are so tragic I cried. So difficult to continue being angry at Sohee, Aeri and Gyobin after watching them. @.@;
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 01-02-10 at 01:33 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Seems more like a copycat show.
    Well, both "Wife" and "Angel" are written by the same writer, so the writer has the right to copy her own previous show...

Well, both "Wife" and "Angel" are written by the same writer, so the writer has the right to copy her own previous show...
    Is this from a legal point of view? I think the studio owns some rights to a show when they pay the writer for his/her script. She just cant plagiarised it. Anyway, I'm sticking to the original show. Someone told me that it had the highest rating in Korea.

Is this from a legal point of view?
    Yes. The rights are shared by the network and the writer. The network actually changed the outsourced production company of "Wife" half-way through the show.

Since the "Angel" is written by same writer and broadcast on same network, no legal problem. This is why "Angel" was billed as the primetime remake of "Wife".

The sad thing is that the writer of "Wife" and "Angel" actually wrote award-winning "quality" shows before, but they flopped. So she decided to dump "quality" stuff and decided to write the trashiest show ever, and that became the runaway hit...

Default mysoju

Does anyone know of another link to watch this show? AZN does not seem to have this show and mysoju has so many broken links.

Thanks.

Does anyone know of another link to watch this show? AZN does not seem to have this show and mysoju has so many broken links.

Thanks.
    Try Viikii.net if they have it.