Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu | The Wanderer chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Abhay,

Check your personal message please.

Han Solo
    Replied!!

Yun Lei glanced at him and only saw that the palm of Sha Tao was dark red as if in the color of blood. She understood that he also practices some kind of poisonous palm technique too. She knew that he can’t take on his palm directly and hurriedly pulled back her hands back and withdrew. He kept on coming forward and attacking her but Yun Lei jumped out from the gap and leapt up on a table, took up the dishes and threw directly at him hitting it on his face. His lips has now turned blue and were swelling, the soup was dripping from his mouth.

It was really noisy and chaotic; suddenly everyone a heard a booming voice: “Unreasonable, unreasonable!”

Sha Wuji took up a chair and rushed ahead to come at Yun Lei and attacked at her. Yun lei moved her sword and cut the chair in to two pieces. Sha Tao attacked again with his palms, Yun Lei did not trade any blows this time; she simply moved her sword hilt and shook her sword to stab at his ands. Now Sha Tao was the one saving his palms and quickly slanted his palm to evade her attack. Yun Lei pressed at him more, for each step forward of Yun lei, Sha Tao was actually hopping three steps.
    They only heard Shi Ying yelling again: “Brother Sha and little brother please stop.”

Sha Tao said: “Elder brother, you should take responsibility for me. The face of us father and son is dependent on your words now.”

Shi Ying looked at Yun Lei and thought in his heart: “He has such a beautiful appearance; it’s rare in this world. If I have not seen with my own eyes then I would have never believe that he can hit these Sha father and son alone.”

Under his heart, he was hesitant; Yun Lei said: “Manor master Shi, I have offended your honored guests today. I only visit to pay respect to you on your birthday but I did not dare to face you. If you want to kill then you can, I will accept your decision.”

According to the customs of martial art world, Yun Lei too was his guest as she came to pay visit on his birthday. This was a huge matter and Shi Ying didn’t know what to do.

Sha Tao listened to these words and thought that this young thief is really clever. He suddenly turned towards Shi Ying and said: “Brother Shi, may I ask the little brother’s given name, who is his master?”

Shi Ying was surprised; he said: “How do I know?”

Sha Tao smiled and said: “So Brother Shi did not know him. Fellow guests, is there anyone who knows him?” At this time there were numerous guests in the garden but no one was acquainted with her.

Sha Tao sneered and said: “Elder brother, this is clear now. This boy pretended as a guest and has sneaked inside in name of paying you a visit but in fact he was looking a place to hide or let’s say seeking a refuge. Let him eat for free; this matter is actually small but he has to give his word that he won’t damage the face of the martial art community of Shanxi.”

Shi Ying was quite disgruntled, he said: “What do you mean by that brother?”

Sha Tao said: “If he agrees to hands over the “the night lion rook”, let Wuji draw in a knife on his arm again in the same way he did then we can agree to reconcile.”

Yun Lei listened to him saying “the night lion rook” and thought in her heart: The night lion rook is the rarest famous horse in Mongolia. It cost more than 1200 gold coins and still is difficult to obtain. She didn’t believe that scholar with that white horse was unexpectedly riding the night lion rook.”

In the mind, he reenacted the faint smile and the languid manner of that scholar and doing all sort of funny things and was suspicious of him being scholar.

Shi Ying looked at Yun Lei lost in her own thoughts and only thought that he might be scared to stay so he said : “Little brother, what do you say?”
    Yun Lei said: “He robs the travelers; I save them, what else can I say? If they are not convinced then please come up, so long as these father and son win, I don’t mind pulling a knife on my arm and cutting myself, anyway I can not escape.”

The facial color of Shi Ying turned pale, he thought in his heart: “Originally this boy is really naïve in martial art realm, how could he not know that I am the person who is concerned here. I already explained that but he won’t listen. You challenged to them but actually they are my guest so you are challenging me?” Sha Tao listened to her and laughed.

Yun Lei stared at him and said: “Are you crazy? You father and son come up and then you can see yourself if I am afraid of you two or not?”

Yun Lei remembered that Zhou Shanmin taught her about the customs of martial art realm, if told her that if you meet a situation where the opposite party has numerical advantage and they are some famous martial art realm pugilist then one must grasp the opportunity and invite one person to fight alone. Yun Lei thought that the Sha father and son are no match for her therefore she gladly invited to fight. Who would have thought that Zhou Shanmin was talking about a general situation and this can be considered anything but an ordinary circumstance.

Sha Tao laughed and said in a clear and resonant voice: “Did you hear Brother Shi? This boy is not only challenging us Sha father and son but also challenging you elder brother!”

The facial expression of Shi Ying changed, he said: “I tried to make to understand but you won’t listen….Fine…little brother, you are willing to compare the sword or the fist skills?”

Yun Lei said: “What….I won’t fight with you? Manor master Shi, your “Cloud sword, flying locust” technique is famous in the martial art realm, how can this junior duel with you?”

Shi Ying said suddenly: “Stops talking! Who must move the sword first, come toward me!” His both eyes swept towards Yun Lei but he was actually saying these words to the Sha father and son.

For a moment Yun Lei did know what how to deal with this situation. She only listens to Shi Ying also saying: “You… since you are afraid of my “Cloud sword” technique; I will use my palm and fist skills only.”
    Yun Lei said: “Younger generation does not dare.”

Shi Ying said in anger: “You don’t want to fight, this won’t suffice! However since you are from the younger generation and this old man also disdains to hit you so Cui’er…, you go and meet his several moves! Boy, hurry and get to the arena!”

These words were a great shock to everyone. The Sha father and son were angry now, the facial complexion turned red. They knew that Shi Ying has arranged this martial art contest for choosing his son-in-law. Although he has not explained the intention but the people actually knew about this. Shi Ying shot a look at Sha father and son but did not pay attention to them, and urged Yun Lei: “Young fellow, you already have dared to infiltrate Black stone mansion, don’t you have the courage to go to that arena and display your skill!

You are coming up or do you want this old man to throw you?” He was talking with a stern voice and his appearance was really aggressive, everyone in the surroundings was secretly scared and this is effect was clearly seen on Yun Lei.

Yun Lei looked at that Cuifeng woman; her face had already turned red. Yun lei moved ahead and suddenly adjusted his clothing and said generously: “I am inferior to you but am obeying the orders of old master, please give me some pointers young lady.”

The people already had left the way; Yun Lei went ahead calmly and leapt up on the stage.

Shi Ying asked several people to take their seat and he himself approached Sha Tao and sat next to him; she smiled and said: “Brother Sha, in our many years of friendship, I cannot remember when I saw you losing to someone.” Sha Tao went mad with anger but he did not spoke a word.

Shi Ying showed a faint smile and said: “This person from the later generation looks like a capable person; also this looks like a cultivated and refined person. If we still hold grudge against him then won’t be we all be called narrow-minded.”

Shi Ying was the leading martial art in Shanxi, Sha Tao endured this humiliation and said: “What eldest brother said might be true! The little brother have received instruction, I will now say goodbye!”

Shi Ying pressed him and said: “Looked at that, this is still not late. You look at the fight, it looks lively!”

He looked at the stage and only saw the two person's shadows, it looked as if both person were running in circles, the speed was amazing and they put on a dazzling fight on display. They were of almost similar stature and also looked as if fighting style was not that different. They turned around vigorously to gain advantage over other and looked like an extension of each other. Yun Lei was wearing white upper and lower garments, Shi Cuifeng had worn a green lined jacket with red skirt, the sleeve fluttered and it was getting more difficult to ascertain the supremacy and it looked like white clouds are floating in a magical sunset glow and deep green marine tucks are diving and dazzling.

According to the martial art ability of Yun Lei, she could have easily win in about 350 moves and easily overpower Shi Cuifeng but when Yun Lei looked at Shi Cuifeng, she thought that she should upheld her moral behavior and give her some face even in defeat.

Yun lei also thought in her heart: “If I do not reveal my identity then this way I have to marry her. This will be a really difficult situation and they will despise me for rest of their life.”

Shi Cuifeng was the trying to outdo others girl, she misunderstood that Yun Lei intended to yield mutually and considered it a contempt. She moved more vigorously and attacked like gust of wind and rapid rain. The palm move were flexible as well as powerful, she moved her palms as if to stamp Yun lei unexpectedly.

This was a exquisite move derived from the “clod sword technique” itself. Yun Lei pulled herself together and blocked her move and in one breath met her ten moves. She too displayed her sect’s unique skill called “hundred changes” created by Xuanzi Yishi. As compared with the sword techniques, the palm and fist are always a bit unpredictable due to the closeness and physical contact. The guests were dumbfounded as they saw attack after attack by Shi Cuifeng and Yun lei blocking her moves efficiently.

Shi Cuifeng also watched her but was actually delighted in her heart as she thought that she had forced him to put forth his real ability. She tried to shows off even more and attacked Yun Lei with another risky move. She leaned forward her body and attacked her strategic acupuncture point. Although the martial art skills of Yun Lei was much higher than her but this move also really difficult to fend off and Yun lei hesitated for a moment. She moved quickly, leapt up and held her with her left arm to embrace, hugged her tightly and her finger pinched in her acupuncture point.

Shi Cuifeng felt as her body was numb and could not help her and fell in the arms of Yun Lei. Yun Lei heard the laughing sound from the crowd as she realized that she is in an impossibly embarrassing position with Shi Cuifeng. As she looked around everyone laughing and similarly realizing that right now they are looking at a Young man holding a woman and her face reddened unconsciously. He hurriedly unblocked her acupuncture point and pushed on her feet and leapt immediately about three steps back. She held her fist in the other hand and bowed and said: “Young lady, please forgive me. I have offended you!”

Under the arena, Shi Ying was smiling now, the facial complexion of Sha Tao turned ashen and he said: “Congratulations, elder brother have found a fine son-in-law, little brother will say goodbye.”

Shi Ying put his hand and called his steward and said: “Sha my worthy brother; It should be me who should apologize to you. Please accept this package of bead which are said to be valuable and will act as compensation. That night of lion rook is an extraordinary horse so I ask my worthy brother to choose any ten best horses from my horse stable. I ask my worthy brother to show mercy and please reconcile.”

Shi Ying formerly heard Sha Tao saying that Yun Lei is bodyguard of that person.   

Sha Tao let go of his anger and calmed down; he smiled and said: “Thanks Brother Xie for these generous gifts, although younger brother doesn’t have such assets but I don’t dare to covet. As per the martial art realm convention, this little brother has just made a little mistake and one cannot make such a big deal of it. I must ask the elder brother to excuse me.” He bowed with his hands clasped, took his son and went out of the mansion. Shi Ying was quite disgruntled but he called a steward to see the visitors out and he also leapt in to the arena.

In the arena Shi Cuifeng was red all over the face now, as she saw her father coming on stage, she lowered her head, her fingers twisted the cloth’s belt lightly; Yun Lei too was feeling awkward.

Shi Ying laughed and said: “As in Yangtze River, each new wave pushes the older one and comes; in this world also new people come and replace the older generation. Young hero, you are really rare….really rare.” Shi Ying had earlier asked stewards to ask around in crowd for his name and got information that he is surnamed Yun. He asked with a smile: “Master Yun, You have such skills, why do you need to be bodyguard?”

Yun Lei replied: “I have not been the bodyguard! The day before yesterday accidentally I met a person on the road and resisted against some thieves who were trying to rob him. Actually I had no knowledge that those robbers were related to Sha Zhaizhu.”

Shi Ying was relived and asked: “So that's how it is. Who else is in your family? Any siblings, are they betrothed?”

Yun Lei hesitated for half of the day and said: “I do have an elder brother; I don’t think he is betrothed yet.”

Shi Ying laughed and said: “Ohh…these Young fellows, as soon as you mentioned marriage, they get really shy.”

It was getting more awkward Yun Lei, she only heard Shi Ying saying: “You have won the duel in this arena, I must give you a something.” He puts out an emerald ring from his fingers; it was gold ring with a two grains “cat eye” gem sparkling.

Shi Ying said: “This is the ring Cui’er’s mother gave me on her deathbed, I pass it to you.”

Yun Lei said: “This ring belongs to Miss Shi; I do not dare to accept.”
    Shi Ying laughs and said: “This is actually an engagement gift to you, why can't you accept?”

Yun Lei replied: “Younger generation does not dare to seek relationship.”
    The facial complexion of Shi Ying turned ashen, he asked in a low voice: “Do you reject my daughter?”

Yun Lei said: “How can I dare to reject the young lady, but this matter is difficult to explain.”

Shi Ying asked in anger: “What is the matter actually?”

Yun Lei eye glanced at and saw Shi Cuifeng, she was fidgeting her skirt lightly, her face has turned red and she saw tears flowing down her face and she thought in secret: “This is really bad. I have to come up with some other idea to avoid this marriage.”

He insincerely declined and said: “I have not reported the elders and superiors, how can I get betrothed in private?”

Shi Ying said: “Your elder brother….where is he now?”

Yun Lei said: “My brother and I were separated since childhood and I do not know his whereabouts.”

Shi Ying wrinkled his brows and said: “Who else do you want to report then?”

Yun Lei: “My both parents have already died, we had a family friendship of many generations with my granduncle; he treats me as a grandson; I must first ask him.”

Shi Ying said: “What is the name of your granduncle, who is he?”
    Yun Lei said: “I cannot say the name of my granduncle in public but I can say that he is a well known person in the martial art world is widely respected.”

Shi Ying laughed and said: “If he is a well-known martial art character then how could he not know the reputation of Shi “Thunder” Ying. Once you told him, he will immediately agree to be a relative of mine. This is not a matter of concern to decline the wedding.”

Yun Lei bowed his head in greeting and said: “father-in-law!”

He took out a coral from the bosom and said: “I have not brought anything, please take this coral temporarily as the gift from bridegroom's family to bride's family.”

Shi Ying laughed and gave that coral to his daughter, pulled up Yun Lei in the center of stage and announced in a clear and resonant voice: “Hereafter Master Yun is my son-in-law. The heroes of the martial art world; please look after him.” Under the stage various people came forward and started congratulating them in abundance.

Shi Cuifeng came to the door and told the maidservant: “make sure to change the bedding and clean the room.” The maidservant looked inside the room and saw that the brocade mattress was full of foot’s impression and dirt; she covered her mouth to laugh. Shi Cuifeng took a hand lamp and was taking along Yun Lei. They moved around through several winding corridors and stepped onto a building.

This was building with five floors, Shi Cuifeng led Yun Lei to walk through the upper formation and they moved inside a big room. They saw a round table kept in the centre and on the table were kept innumerable treasures. Shi Ying was sitting in the middle with four more people. Shi Ying saw them coming in and said: “This time I must request you to select anything thing from these, Cui’er and master Yun please take one and leave the rest for my good friends.”

Yun Lei was bewildered, Cuifeng said: “This is our old family rule; you listen to father's words and take any one first.”

Yun Lei chose a jasper lion; Shi Cuifeng also conveniently took a jade hairpin. Yun Lei raised his eyes to look in all directions, this room was very simple but beside an iron cistern outside there were no furniture in the room unexpectedly and does not have the ornaments. He only saw a big fine drawings hanging on the wall. The picture was of a big city, the mountain surrounded by water circles but also the embellishment had a pavilion and a botanical garden. This picture seemed of some famous city south of Yangtze River.

Shi Ying said with a smile: “Do you like this picture? Tomorrow I will tell you a story about this picture. Good, you may go back.”

Yun Lei and Cuifeng go out of the door, they only heard a visitor saying: “It is pity really that this was the last transaction.”

Shi Ying laughed and said with a smile: “In this world we can live only for about hundred years…. that too if you are more than fortunate, I have aged now and am not competent enough for this business. Fine….this is an old rule, you should understand.”

Yun Lei felt strange and wanted to listen more but Cuifeng pulled her again and they went downstairs.

As they returns to the old building, the bed was totally changed and a new felt blanket with Hunan embroidery and scarlet quilt cover was there and it appeared even more beautiful and magnificent. They heard the sound of night watchman's drum by far, Cuifeng said: “It’s already ‘Sangeng’ (third of the five night watch periods 23:00-01:00 (old) / midnight).”

Yun Lei said: “I actually do not want to rest now; you told me that your father is not what he seems?”

Shi Cuifeng said: “My father is actually a robber. Every year he goes out a commit a robbery. The countrymen did not know about it. Every time he commits a crime, he let me choose jewelry first and then take away the rest to sell.”

Yun Lei: “How does he steals and then sells?”

Cuifeng said: “Naturally this how this business is done. Those four men you saw earlier, they are the one who buy the jewelry from my father, I hear that they are all-resourceful. They buy the plundered jewelry in north and sell them in south and again buy plundered jewelry in south and sell them in north. They have never failed to sell any jewelry and always return with money. My father also uses one part of this money to help the poor friends in the martial art world.”

Yun Lei said: “No wonder why your father is called the leader in the martial art community in this province.”

Cuifeng showed a faint smile; all of a sudden they heard the night watchman's drum again booming from a distance. She casted a sidelong glance at Yun Lei and said with a smile: “Do you want talk with me all night?”

Yun Lei said: “I also want to ask you about one more thing, what is the story of that picture?”

Cuifeng said: “I did not know as father never said anything regarding it.” She hesitated for half of the day and said: “I also find it strange; father actually never said anything about that picture to me.”

Outside night watchman's drum was again booming, Cuifeng said with a smile: “What else do you have to ask?”

Yun Lei racked her brains but cannot find out anything to drag the conversation and she was getting greatly anxious. Cuifeng asked in a low voice: “Master Yun, you really do not like me?”

Yun Lei said: “You forever will be my good elder sister, how can I dislike you?”

Cuifeng said in a gentle voice: “Good, then we will discuss tomorrow again, you should also rest.”

The hand of Yun Lei traced the front piece button as she said: “I should rest now.” The hand actually stops nearby the button and she was at her at her wit's end, suddenly they heard the anxious sound of several people from outside, the sound gradually increased and they heard someone calling out: “Seize the thief, seize the thief!”

There was a thief in the house of Shi “Thunder” Ying at this time, this was a huge joke! There were several heroes from martial art real who were staying overnight. As they heard this ruckus all of them jumped out immediately and searched for the thief in all directions.

Yun Lei said with a smile: “I can’t rest now; this thief person certainly covets your father's jewelries and might be after them.” He leapt in pair with Cuifeng and got out of the room.

The martial art skills of Yun Lei were way above these people, in a wink of eyes, not only she crossed the male servant with several guests in front, moreover she left Shi Cuifeng behind. Shi Cuifeng is happy and angry, happy that “he” was so worried about his father but angry because even though she was calling loudly but “he” was actually not willing to stop.

The Black stone mansion was a big place; that five storey building was at the east side of the arena. Yun Lei ran at an angle to cover the ground and moved towards that building. She turned her head and only saw Shi Cuifeng running and coming towards her but was still far behind.

Yun Lei took out her sword from the sheath, took a diving posture and leapt towards the roof of the building. She put her foot on the protruded angles of the building, pressed her left hand of grip and moved upwards. As she was moving upwards near the second floor, she heard a strange chirping sound suddenly as if like a ghost calling on a dark night and for a moment actually got scared.

Yun Lei thought: “It looks that some thief is playing tricks and wants to frighten the people?” She again heard a different sound from the building. She immediately scratches flint to create a fire and lighted a lamp kept nearby. She wormed her way in towards the room upstairs. She rushed upwards taking three staircases as a one and quickly gained ground. She saw those four people suddenly. They were standing on one leg on each stair and it looked at they were going downstairs in a hurry when some blocked their acupuncture points.

They all stared at her with their eyes and tried to say something but actually couldn’t say a word and made noises. What was especially fearful was the way their faces were distorted as they tried to talk as if they were some wicked ghost which has just coming from the hell! Yun lei gathered her courage and moved the lamp closed to them and examined carefully.

Yun Lei was surprised as these were the merchants who bought the loot from Shi Ying. Obviously if any person is in this kind of business then his martial art skill won’t be as superficial but someone has blocked the acupuncture points of these people as they were rushing downstairs was beyond belief. The staircase was slender, moreover to ambush four people with reasonable martial art ability at once; the person who must have done this would have to be amazingly quick and skilled.

Thanks for the translation.

Interesting, there's a surgeon at the place where i work know whose first name is Abhay too!

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Unhappy

Abhay.. where are u dear.. Missing your updates...

Taking a break for while or let's say inundated by work...
    I will try to start again...its just as they say...static friction is more than dynamic one

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    I will try to start again...its just as they say...static friction is more than dynamic one

hee he heee im doing 4 papers this semester, its no fun... i have way to much friction, both static and dynamic.
    Ali Derhamy

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    OK take your time.. Now summer in india.. No mood to go out and do any work.. Infact holidays for all the children ( april and may ).

Abhay sir, updates please..

Yeah...i am thinking about starting again probably by end of this month!!

Isn't there a missing part between the betrothal and Shi Cuifeng with Yun Lei going to the room with treasures?
    I wonder whether this highly skilled thief is the scholar riding white horse? I hope that Abhay will update his translation and my curiosity will be satisfied. Btw., thank you, Abhay, for your hard work.

Looked like a missing part to me too..but I checked all the internet versions....couldn't find anything different.

And finally...inspired by Justin13's monstrous translation spree...I too have started the translation again but no momentum yet....probably will find some touch soon!

Yun Lei said: “This kind of fierce acupuncture blocking skill, I have never seen this before. I don’t even know the way to unblock these, I don’t know if my skills will be effective or not?” She observed that only a few acupuncture points of these four people were blocked. She looked at the Ma acupuncture point below shoulder and tried to unblock it. It was smoothly effective and she was easily ably able to unblock that acupuncture point. She saw those four people crying and threw themselves suddenly on the ground. Yun Lei leapt anxiously and only saw them collecting the gold and jade jewelries from the ground. These four people cherished the jewelries more than anything.

Yun Lei was quite surprised and thought that this is obvious as these jewelries are very valuable and might have cost 100,000 coins but the real surprise was that the thief who had sneakily attacked them was not interested in these jewelries and gems.

Yun Lei shouted: “Has that thief person gone?” the four people were pressing their chest and mouth but not able to speak anything. Originally the four people were also attacked on their acupuncture point and have become mute till that was unblocked. According to their internal strength; it would take at least five days for them to recover their voices. They were actually making weird noises but not able to speak now as throat was burning badly and body was weary and they felt really weak and got sick.

Suddenly Yun Lei again felt a ray of hope as she heard some noise, she moved outside the window and got up on the fourth floor as heard some sound from the roof. She heard the sound of Shi Ying suddenly: “We father and son has waited for 60 years, aren't you willing to reveal the real face yet?” Yun Lei got anxious and took a diving posture and leapt up.

In the attic; the red candle was swinging as Yun Lei looked at a person's shadow moving and saying in a sinking sound: “Taking!”
    She heard this sound and found it familiar unexpectedly! She saw Shi Ying with that picture which was hanging on the wall, she coils down but that shadow extended his both hands suddenly and took the picture and it looked as if he has patted Shi Ying on his head.

Yun Lei cried as she saw the shadow flying away. She ran after him and suddenly heard a sound of some hidden projectile moving towards her creating a fierce sound in the wind. Yun immediately moved her sword to keep off the hidden weapon. She only thought that this hidden weapon is really vigorous as it collided with her sword but suddenly that dart exploded on the impact and emerging fire and force swept Yun lei from her feet. She was flying in the air and barely managed to hold the overhanging lower edge of a roof.
    Yun Lei was fortunate that her martial art was not weak and she was able to fend off the attack without any big injury.
    In the darkness another hidden projectile moved towards her with amazing strength, glittering under the dark night. Yun Lei immediately jumped from that roof and evaded this attack. This projectile actually looked like a stone but when it collided with the surface, it again exploded with a bang, sparks flying among the fragments of that stone.

Yun Lei looked up to find that Shi Ying was stuck in his head and he cried aloud: "Who is it?" The tone suddenly changed and he spoke in a frightened manner: "Lei, my child, is that you? Leave your things and hide quickly! "

This is no small matter and Yun Lei was surprised, it looked that the culprits have clearly planned to rob the treasures of Shi Ying but why was he helping them? He went as far as to stop her to get people and rescue him? That person was running away with the treasure downstairs and she was able to see the silhouette again. By that time some of the guests have come at the roof.

Shi Ying immediately jumped out and shouted: "The culprits have given me a dodge and have run away, we all should go back!”

Yun Lei’s eyes were still following the thief’s silhouette, he was flying through the back window and was extremely swift, Yun Lei without hesitation leapt up and left the eaves on the other side and ran after him.
    That shadow has been running from edge to edge of the building. Yun Lei ran along on the building and displayed her excellent lightness martial art skills and moved close to that person. He had a black turban tied around his face so she was only able to see his eyes but not his face and continued following him.

They ran outside the walls of mansion and came out in the woods. Suddenly she heard the neighing of a horse and under the moonlight; she saw a white horse running in from the forest. Yun Lei looked at that and was surprised; this horse was the same precious white horse the thieves ere trying to steal from that scholar. This was a rare horse and easy to identify.

Yun Lei was now scared as she acknowledged the seriousness of the situation. This matter was really going to put her in an extremely difficult position. The day before yesterday she tried to gauge the martial art skills of that scholar but unexpectedly that scholar is near the place of robbery. She thought: “Is that person wearing the mask is the same scholar? Moreover one can’t say that he had robbed some treasure. If one says that he has “robbed treasure”, then why did he left those valuable jewelries of those four merchants. He has not taken anything from them but only took a picture. Was that picture more valuable than the priceless jewelry? What was a little still more suspicious was that scholar hardly looked over 20-year-old but Shi Ying said something about waiting for 60 years?

She was full of all sorts of suspicions as she rushed ahead. She was about to knock that person when she heard the sounds of other people following and heard Shi Ying calling out loudly: “A hard-pressed enemy should not be pursued too far, Master lei please comes back!”

Yun Lei was full of doubts and thought that it looks as if Shi Ying is in fact bent on saving this thief. She couldn’t understand why is he is trying to protect that thief. She was young and willful; she did not listened to the words of Shi Ying and anxiously followed that person outside the wall in the woods. She heard the sound of the horse and looked in the woods was suddenly astonished!

She saw another horse running in the woods; it had red neck hair and was precisely the horse Yun Lei was riding. Yun Lei remembered that this horse was tied inside the black stone mansion but somehow unexpectedly it has arrived inside these woods. That mask wearing strange thief stepped up on the white horse and actually did not urge his horse to run away. In fact he turned his head and waved at Yun Lei. Although Yun Lei was not able to see clearly but she was able to conclude by the stature of that person that he actually resembled to that scholar.

This stirred up Yun Lei, her heart was on fire and she started scolding him: “You snob, you dare to play with me again and again!”

She ran forward and leapt up on her horse and clamped both hers legs to urge that horse to catch up with white horse. That white horse moved rapidly like a wind and in a blink of eye was out of the woods. Yun Lei listens to the sound of that white horse's hoof and followed him. She thought that there might be other people coming after that thief too. As she learned that this white horse was in fact the rare horse and was extremely swift and although her Mongolian warhorse is a fine steed but is no match to that horse let alone the ordinary horses of people coming from the black stone mansion. Needless to say, within a few moments the distance between the two horses increased a lot.

After about half a mile, the person wearing the mask slowed his white horse and waited for Yun Lei to catch up. Yun Lei looked at him slowing down and still pursued him and did not slow down. Yun Lei was angry and at the same time curious, she was eager to expose that person and did not think of any danger and pursued him with vigor!

The white horse kept on moving alternately, at times extremely swiftly like a wind and then strolling in the moonlight so that Yun lei was still in pursuit. This way they rode for several dozens of miles. The moon was waning in the west as the early rays of dawn started to pour. By this time Yun lei was not sure if she was on the right track but she again saw that person in mask strolling with his horse in the forest. That person in mask turned his head to call: “Lost someone!”

The white horse suddenly sped and moved in swiftly.

Yun Lei said: “Even if you run up to the horizon, I must pursue you!” She again clamed her legs on her horse and moved quickly to catch up. She just arrived close to that scholar and suddenly heard that white horse neighing suddenly and heard sound of some people from the nearby grove! Yun Lei stopped her horse and only saw that white horse moving like a lightning and that person on the horseback has disappeared. Yun Lei was startled: That martial art skill of that person wearing mask person was not weak but he unexpectedly ran away in a blink?

She heard the sound of several people from the grove and thought for a moment and then she too discontinued her course and immediately turned over. She displayed excellent lightness martial art skills and jumped up on a tree. She heard the sound of several people coming out of the grove and heard one of them saying: “What a pity, what a pity! We ran after that white horse and what we find is a red horse, what a pity!”

The horse of Yun Lei was warhorse which was trained for a long time and she knew that it will come back when it’s master calls and in the mean time she can hide and evade these people. Yun Lei did not need to be worried and again used her lightness martial art skills and jumped from one branch to another and went deep in the woods.

In the forest these people were now making a lot of sound. She stole a peep and saw the same people she saw yesterday. It was in fact Sha Tao and his son Wuji. He also saw that scholar sitting on the mat with his legs outstretched above a rock. He was surrounded by about 7-8 people. Apart from Sha father and son, there were two people who caught her attention, a Buddhist monk and a Taoist priest in black cloths.

She only heard Sha Tao sneering and saying coldly: “I can still forgive you…you slippery fellow, it is really difficult to run away from me, don’t you value your life?”

That scholar acted as if he was thinking deeply, swung his head and said: “In addition to the fact that you people live such a pathetic corrupt lives, aren’t you ashamed of being a human?”

Sha Tao said: “You…. It seems you are in some big hurry and were running away quickly on this precious horse! Although your belongings looks pretty expensive but we won’t possibly take it but this horse…we need it!”
    That scholar shook his head and said: “My rare white horse, how it can change hands so easily?”

Sha Tao said coldly: “Your bodyguard is now a pampered person in Blackstone mansion, who will escort you now?”

That scholar points out with his hand suddenly: “beware, here comes my bodyguard!”

<End of Chapter -4 >

Default lol

meet my friend lightning AND thundar....
    Ali Derhamy

Chapter -5

名士戲人間亦狂亦俠 奇行邁流俗能哭能歌

That scholar to pointed in the direction of hidden Yun Lei and exclaimed: "Bodyguard! Hey…are you still out of sorts. Why don’t you come down here quickly and assist me?"

Yun Lei was caught unawares and though a flash of anger ran through her heart, she had no other option but to come out of her hiding place and slowly drifted towards floor. The Buddhist monk called Pi Fa took advantage of this disclosure and threw three darts towards Yun lei. She was still in mid air as the dart moved towards her but she didn’t take out her sword to deflect the darts and instead dodged them without any considerable difficulty. They all heard the tinkling sound of three darts falling on the ground. Buddhist monk Pi Fa was gob smacked, his hands again moved towards his darts but Sha Tao said in a deep voice: "Not so soon, let’s first pluck the wings of this flying kid!" he waved his hand and seven or eight individual came out and surrounded Yun Lei from all four sides.

Sha Wuji saw Yun Lei with utmost jealousy and hate, his eyes turned red and he shouted in a spine-chilling voice: "Young fellow, You were a guest of Blackstone mansion, what are you doing here? The reputation of Shi “Thunder” Ying will not save you here! "

The Taoist priest stopped and asked Yun Lei: "Are you from the black stone mansion … why are you here?”

Sha Tao was afraid of Shi Ying and did not dare to be rash. That scholar rocked and laughed, then said: "I just said…didn’t you hear? I asked him to come! He is my bodyguard, you have plans to take my money… take my life, how can he not come? Bodyguard, you eat with me, drink with me and now when I am in grave mortal danger, how can you stay away? "
    Sha Tao shouted: "What does this matter has to do with Elder Shi?"

Yun Lei was very angry, but in the circumstances she felt as if she was playing in the hands of this scholar. She took out her sword and shouted: "What is the matter about elder Shi, what’s the matter about me? I have this sword in my hand and this sword will always strike against the villains and thieves. It doesn’t moves on anyone’s command!" The statement clearly condemned those bandits but secretly blamed that scholar too. That scholar laughed and said: "Yes, okay! Bodyguard, please be nice, it really kind of you!"

Sha Tao took this opportunity and said: "Young master, since this has nothing to do with Elder Shi, you invited your own death!" he moved towards her and the others followed him and stood in fighting stance.
    Yun Lei too took a step and move towards Sha Tao and attacked at his shoulder however she suddenly heard another sword swishing towards her “feng fu” acupuncture point and immediately parried with her sword. She suddenly felt numbness in her hands and fingers. She only saw that Taoist priest in black cloths stabbing at her with his sword. She immediately made the move "threading a flower in garland". Her body moved in inclined manner and he dodged the attacking sword without looking back, she only heard the sound of the sword swishing in the air only to feel the air brushing her flanks as her sleeves were torn off by the tip of the sword! That Taoist priest attacked with amazing quickness and venom but still Yun Lei managed to avoid his attack, he called out: "This boy moves like a sword himself!" he smiled and said: "Very good, very good! I think I do have a solution! "

He moved towards her and attacked again, Yun Lei too moved her sword to parry his attack but was unexpectedly shocked when that priest stopped his attack in the middle and withdrew and again stabbed forward!" That Taoist priest in black cloths was fast but Yun Lei was faster, she executed a move called "reverse yin and yang" and attacked the upper and lower body of his opponent in quick succession and stabbed towards the lower abdomen and the Taoist priest cried loudly. This move was created by Yun Lei's grand-master Xuanji Yishi as part of his two sets of swordsmanship and called it "Yang and Ying sword skill". This set of martial arts can have thousands of variations. It was strange yet slick and totally unpredictable. When Yun lei used this wonderful sword move the Taoist was highly surprised!

That Taoist priests dodged faster but his cloths were almost cut to ribbons, he was sweating profusely now and was completely taken aback by this wonderful swordsmanship from Yun Lei. He maneuvered his way out of this sword assault and moved towards Buddhist monk Pi Fa and others. Sha Tao loudly exclaimed: "If we cannot catch him alive, death is also fine! Son…attack this boy together, chop off his sword now!" Sha Wuji and Buddhist monk Pi Fa led by Sha Tao surrounded Yun lei and attacked together.

Sha father and son were already good but add that Buddhist monk Pi Fa and that Taoist priest who themselves had good martial art skills; they were now really formidable and superior to Yun Lei. They attacked with two sabers, a sword and with palm; it became really impossible for Yun lei to defend with her single sword. Yun Lei was trapped in the center and the circle surrounding her was getting closer and closer. The Sha father and son were fighting with their sabers, the Buddhist monk Pi Fa was attacking with his palms and that Taoist with his sword at the same time. Yun lei executed a move called “force a plan to escape" but she was struggling to ward off the multiple attacks despite the fact that she was able to see the flaws in their attack and resorted to defend herself. Yun Lei was of course not superhuman, she was young and inexperienced in real fights and her enemies… that Taoist in black cloths, Sha Tao and Pi Fa were now growing in confidence and attacked more viciously and slowly but surely she was heading for a defeat.

Sha Wuji gnashed his teeth in wild rage and attacked with his sword. He was trying his utmost to land a fatal attack on Yun Lei. Suddenly he felt a strange numbness in his wrist as if someone has attacked his acupuncture point. He couldn’t resist himself but cried and let go his sword. He tried to ignore the pain and numbness in his wrist and took out another weapon, a curved spear, he leapt up to strike towards Yun lei but to her surprise, she saw him collapsing on the ground. He tried to rise and throw that curved spear towards her but she saw him stumbling in a clumsily manner and hurt himself instead with that curved spear.

Yun lei cleverly took advantage of this situation and slipped out of the siege from the side Sha Wuji was stopping her escape. She only heard that scholar laughing: "Wonderful, wonderful! Bodyguard, you really played this hidden weapon well…too bad they didn’t saw it coming! "

Suddenly Yun Lei hearing this phrase from that scholar gave her an idea, she thought: "I am outnumbered, in this situation; using hidden weapon can’t be un-righteousness!" She took advantage of her current position and used her left hand to pull out her plum butterfly darts and attacked her enemies. Yun Lei had debuted not long in the martial art world but her butterfly plums had already made a reputation by now and were really amazing. They all heard a twinkling sound and in a moment all three of them, Sha Tao, the Taoist priest and Buddhist monk Pi Fa all were knocked down by her darts.

Although Buddhist monk Pi Fa, Taoist priest and Sha Tao fell on the ground but they were not injured as such. They were all alarmed as they understood that Sha Wuji earlier got hit by some hidden dart. They were pretty sure that Yun lei didn’t attacked Wuji with any hidden dart earlier so most probably there is someone else here who is a master in throwing hidden projectiles weapons. Yun Lei was already under siege, even if she has some amazing undetected hidden weapon, this ability is indeed unparallel.

Buddhist monk Pi Fa cried: "Elder brother Songshi, you force him back, Sha Tao, you grab his sword, I'll see how he escapes!" Suddenly he felt numbness in his wrist as if a small ring has hit. That Taoist in black cloths had the best martial art skill among the three of them. He was able to detect a dart moving towards Buddhist monk Pi Fa for a moment and got a glimpse of that scholar throwing it at him. He hastily called: "Brother, this sly ghost moves without a trace but finally I have seen him!" he raised his sword and moved towards that scholar like a lightning-fast falcon entering a forest and thrusted his sword to stab him.

The scholar screamed: "Help….Help!" he trembled as if squid is put out of water. This Taoist priest was called Songshi and was a second generation Wudang disciple. He used the Wudang sword technique called “70 second-hand chains”. This was a deadly sword technique known throughout the martial art realm for its fast execution. The sword went through the cloths of that scholar but he was not injured at all. The Taoist Songshi's swordsmanship utilized the sword move to its full potential and that scholar was as if surrounded by bright sword light. In a blink of an eye, even after the four-strokes, the scholar was still fluttering and seemingly running around in circles but he was able to dodge the sword moves somehow. The Taoist was angry that he was not able to harm even this stupid looking kid!

Yun Lei was still fighting Sha Tao and Buddhist monk PI Fa. After Taoist Songshi flew out of the ring and attacked that scholar, although the pressure was reduced but she was still feeling difficulty against the saber of Sha Tao and palms of Buddhist monk Pi Fa and almost fighting for a draw. She heard different sound of that scholar jumping here and there and avoiding the attack of that Taoist and was startled and thought: "Was I duped, this person looks less like a scholar then a martial artist?" Fighting with a divided mind, he risked a glance towards the Taoist and that scholar and felt anger growing in her heart. She thought: "This scholar is indeed a hateful barbarian…he has made powerful enemies in his life and I am fighting against them and he was mocking at me! I won’t leave him once this thing is over!"

That scholar kept on teasing Yun lei with his antics but actually it was that Taoist priest Songshi who got irritated by this. He changed his style and attacked at him repeatedly but was not able to even touch him. He even called out: "Help!" several times and suddenly burst out laughing: "Ha, so you are playing with me, fun ah! One... two, three, four ... ... 8, 9 ... ... 12, 13 ... ... 19, 20 ..." The Taoist stabbed his sword, he would count it and in a few moment, the count reached to 20.

The injuries of Sha Wuji were not that serious and he stood up from the ground, picked up his saber and approached towards the scholar stealthily. He came towards the scholar from his blind side; he jumped and attacked him from behind trying to chop him off with his saber. The scholar skewed his body suddenly and struck Sha Wuji back-handedly on his face and immediately blood started to flow from his nose.

The scholar burst out and said: "You fool, I saved your life, but you want my life. if I have slapped you properly that you would not have wake up again…won’t you learn? Old man Sha, you thief…what have you taught your son….No good deed goes unpunished?"

The moment that scholar said these words, Sha Tao, Wuji and Yun Lei all of them understood what he was trying to say. That night when Sha Wuji and subordinate Zhaizhu attacked at that temple, they were on the verge of getting killed by Yun Lei but could only escape with the help of some secret helper, who used his hidden darts to stop Yun Lei and eventually paved way for their escape. The moment that scholar said these words in anger; it became pretty clear that he was in fact the person who helped them that night. When Sha Wuji told about Sha Tao about this matter, these two never…even in their wild speculation thought that this scholar might be the secret helper.

Default So Funny

You fool.... you

This scholar rocks
    Ali Derhamy

Thank you, Abhay, for continuation of your translation. Xie Xie. Shukriya.
    You are right, aliderhamy, this scholar rocks But if I were Yun Lei I wouldn’t think it was funny. She is always fighting for him and he is always making fool of her. Not a very pleasant acquaintance

Sha Tao unconsciously stood blank for a moment and Yun Lei attacked him viciously, her sword movement was exceptionally swift and offensive. The sword brushed towards his helmet, splitting the guards on both sides. Sha Tao was furious and thought in his mind: "My son requested me to rob this precious horse from this person. These people are both martial art master but this scholarly person was in fact helping us…why? We wanted to rob him but he instead saved our life…this doesn’t make any sense!" he extended his sword to stab at Yun lei with that Buddhist monk Pi Fa supporting; he managed to force Yun lei back. He thought that this young person was trying to save that scholar but now he is not even acknowledging the scholar. This looks as if he feels that he was taken unfair advantage of.

Yun lei was attacking relentlessly and they didn’t have the time to look what was going on between Taoist priest Songshi and that scholar but they only were able to hear the number of stances the scholar was counting: "35, 36 ... ... 39, 40 ... ... 43, 44 ... ... 48, 49, 50! Fine…., Good swordsmanship to witness, Wudang sect is truly exceptional and I was privileged to experience it! I have no time to accompany you so!" They heard suddenly a sound of something getting broken and suddenly in a blink of eye, the sword in the hand of that Taoist priest Songshi was snatched away by that scholar!

Yun Lei was now in a tough situation, just she avoided the palms of that Buddhist monk Pi Fa, the saber of Sha Tao came close to split her face. Yun Lei resorted to a move "rewind through the curtain" and inclined her sword to deflect the saber. This move was strange one as the wrist moved in a locking position and she might have to let go her sword if the force is increased by the opponent. However before the move was even completed, Yun Lei suddenly saw a flash of light and a rattling sound, sparks flying and the saber of Sha Tao cut in to two . The scholar cried: "You bald donkey…where are you fleeing, at least take this Buddhist monk with you!"

Actually as soon as that Taoist priest Songshi lost his sword, he ran away from the fight. The scholar immediately took that sword of that Taoist and threw it towards the saber of Sha Tao. The sword of that Taoist was a normal one, a lot thinner than the saber of Sha Tao but when the sword struck the saber, it easily was able to cut it in to two as if it was not any ordinary sword but some rare precious sword! This is was highly surprising and obviously it suggested the strong and mysterious martial art skills of that scholar. Sha Tao immediately understood that situation and fled the fight instead of risking his life!

The scholar laughed, fetched the sword of that Taoist priest and threw it towards him and said: "To murder for money…to be heartless, overrating and unwise, inhumane and unwise, why are you creating trouble? Take your sword, go back and practice ten more years." The sword skills of Wudang sect are nothing but authentic, however this disciple was an arrogant and a busybody. Although he was not a bandit but when Sha Tao invited him to rob the treasure with, he just accepted it for the challenge of it. However to his surprise, even after 50-60 moves, he was not able to even touch the corner of the scholar’s cloths. When he was taunted by that scholar, he tried to be brave and took his sword although his face turned ashen.

He simply said: "Please leave a million children."
    The scholar laughed: "Are you looking for revenge?"
    The Taoist priest said: "No."
    The scholar asked: "If not then why are you asking me such a thing. You are not my enemy, I do not want to make friends with you either…so neither friend nor enemy, move on and let it go!"

The scholar had some twisted logic, the Taoist priest said: “Fine”…took his sword angrily and moved out of the forest and vowed not to take the sword again in this life.

The scholar laughed and said: "Well, all go away!" he turned around to see that most of the people were still lying on the ground whose acupuncture points were sealed by Yun lei earlier using her plum darts. He moved around quickly and unlocked the acupuncture points of those people. The acupuncture locking technique of Yun lei was unique approach; however she was surprised that the scholar was able to unlock them.

The scholar came to her side and said with a smile: "Last night you broke my acupuncture locking technique, now I did the same, now we are even!" Yun Lei was surprised to see his unlocking technique, somehow it seemed different but what was baffling that it looked that the source was same.
    In a moment, the acupuncture points of all the people were unlocked and they all get up. The Sha father and son and the Buddhist monk had quit the fighting but they hadn’t left the forest yet. The Buddhist monk saw the scholar rescuing his companions and came back to the scholar and said: "You have saved my life once, hit me with your palm. In the future I would like to spare your life but will hit you with my palm."

The scholar laughed: "I saved your life to keep an eye on this old thief Sha and his son. I don’t want to hit you. Keep away from these bandits and save your life but you're better than Taoist priest so go back to practice for two decades, Get out of here!" Sha Tao was a narrow minded person; he simply stared at the scholar and Yun Lei and led his people out of the woods.

Scholar shook his head, looked at the heaven and sighed: "Who in this universe is a real hero in this country? I heard so much admiration about this Sha Tao in the martial art world but who would have thought that he has such a false reputation!" he looked down as if in disappointment and moved out of the forest.

Yun Lei wanted to leave but as she listened him sighing and saying these words, she couldn’t help but loudly asked: "How about master of golden blade clan outside Yanmen pass? Can he not be called a true hero?"
    The facial expression of the scholar changed for a moment but he immediately smiled to cover up this look, he shook his head and said: "the master of Golden blade clan and Sha Tao are vastly different, just say that he is the real hero…well, he still might not be!"

Yun Lei said: "Well, in this world, only you are the real hero!" She ran out of the woods in deep anger. Suddenly she saw a figure flashed before her, only to hear the scholar laughing: "Little Brother, please stay a while, I will say…in fact you are a true hero." Yun Lei was about to maneuver her way out but that scholar blocked her.

Yun Lei said angrily: "You block me for what?" she ignored the scholar’s block and moved in another direction but the scholar struck out his palm to her chest with the intention to stop her. She suddenly stopped, Yun Lei stared at him and snarled: "You…. you dare to bully ... ..." She wanted to say the word "girl," but stopped herself at the last moment. That scholar held her hand to stop her but never imagined that she was so mad. Her sudden withdrawal surprised him and suddenly heard a big cry from Yun Lei. Actually the way she pulled herself, she used excessive force and had her arm dislocated.

The scholar said: "Let me fix this."

Yun Lei said angrily: "Do not come close to me." He supported her arm with another hand and applied force. He turned her back towards the scholar and rolled her sleeves to rub some medicines on her arm. She stood up but felt really weak after all this fight and had already wasted a lot of her internal energy.

The scholar approached her and knelt on the ground and said: "I apologize to you. Younger brother! Your character is pure and gentle; you are anxious to help other people and are indeed a chivalrous person. We were on the same way, you were unselfishly trying to help me; doesn’t this qualify me as your friend. I am by nature wild and have offended you, please do not keep this in your heart."

Yun lei looked at the scholar, his eyes as bright as a moon and believed that what he was saying from the bottom of his heart. She saw his red face and him bowing front of her to apologize, she asked: "Then why do you criticize master of Golden blade clan?"

The scholars laughed: "If you admire some person then its fine but it’s not necessary that I should also praise him and try to outdo you. I never abused him, in fact I also respect him but then it is a long story but not worth mentioning."

Yun lei asked: "You are from the region outside the Yanmen pass?"
    That scholar looked upwards and smiled, he said: "The rootless duckweed drifts in the martial art realm!" he said that with a sad smile.
    Yun Lei thought: "This person must also have a sad life experience…probably like me. I do not want people to know about my sad life experiences, then why should I cross-examine him?" As she thought this, she felt sympathy for him and said: "Well, then I am no longer angry with you, let’s forget about this incident!"

The scholar laughed: "Little brother, you have done a great merit as my bodyguard, I ask you for a glass of wine. This time considering your active role in helping me out, I won’t call you a parasite."
    Yun Lei has got used to his joking tone and was not angry; she thought for a while and then asked: "Among the wild forest, where is wine?"
    The scholar raised his lips and whistled to call his horse, in a moment as the echoes of whistle were still in the air, they heard the sound of horses hoof running towards them. In a short time, they were able to see the precious white horse of that scholar running towards them followed by the red horse of Yun lei.

The scholar laughed and said: "They are first to make friends." He removed a leather bag from the horseback and took out a bottle gourd and gave Yun Lei and said: "You look tired, take first sip."

Yun Lei took a gulp, frowned and blurted: "Ah… so you are originally coming from Mongolia!” That wine was a unique Mongolian horse milk wine; it was a very strong wine with fierce aroma. Yun Lei often accompanied his father to drink wine, although she did not like alcohol but was fond of this wine even if she was afraid of the strong acrid smell and sour taste, so the memories were ingrained in her mind.

Scholar eyes were sparkling; he said: "You are coming from Mongolia…but after seeing you, it seems that you are living in a rather soft and warm weather someone from the south."

Yun Lei gave him a pat, but also responded with a smile.
    Scholar rubbed his shoulder with a disappointed expression and laughed: "One leaves a footprint but for a moment, what’s the need to look for the source. Why ask the source of the water in cloud. You did not ask me, I should ask you; this time I asked…I was wrong. "

Yun Lei was curios herself, she blurted out: "That night, those two barbarians were chasing you?"

The scholar drank some wine, smiled but did not answer. Yun Lei said to herself: "The Oirats will be soon at war with China, What kind of a Han Chinese hero are you? You are trying to escape to the other edge of the country?"

The scholar laughed sadly and had a very strange look on his face. He took another sip and let Yun lei guessing. Yun Lei looked up, her eyes full of questions, then said: "The two barbarians, both were pursuing you, and why did you help me kill one person, but to save another person?"

The scholar then drink some wine, all of a sudden smiled and said: "Little brother, very kind of you asked! Do you know who I saved that night?"
    Yun Lei said: "Yes…they were apprentice of Tantai Mieming."

The scholar looked at Yun lei strangely and said with a faint smile: "That dead person was one of the warriors of Huan." As he said these words, he became silent.

Yun Lei felt puzzled and thought: "Tantai Meiming is the most effective warrior of Zhang Zongzhou. In fact Zhangzhou and Huan Huan are the left and right prime ministers of Oirat, what is different? Why kill the warrior of Huan but let go the warrior of Zhang Zongzhou?" She wanted to ask about this and looked at the scholar but only found him drinking from the bottle gourd and thought it’s unlikely that he will reply.

That scholar drank, shook his gourd a couple of times and said aloud: "Only less than half is left now…sorry love.” He said with a disappointed face.

Yun Lei said: "Is it such a good wine? In China, you can find wine everywhere, is it not enough for you to drink?"

The scholar said with a sense of loss: "People leave their homes but still pine for the cheap and inexpensive things away from home. I am a baby of this wine." He moved his nose closer to the gourd and smelled the wine. Yun lei looked at him and suddenly remembered her childhood. Years ago…when her grandfather returned to China at Yanmen pass, he picked up a piece of dirt and smelled it with such a longing and satisfaction and had the same look in his eyes.

She immediately blurted: "You are not a Han Chinese?"

The scholar said: "You see now… I am not Han Chinese?"

The scholar had a large forehead and was exceptionally handsome, not to mention there was no such figure in Mongolia but he also didn’t look like someone from central plains.

Yun Lei looked at him again closely and her complexion changed to red, she said: "You have changed your appearance; you have applied some dye to appear as Han." As soon as she said these words she suddenly sensed a slip of tongue and shut up.

That scholar’s eyes brightened and he said aloud: "True, absolutely true! I have changed my appearance to look like a Han! Let's drink!" he unplugged the bottle gourd and again drank the wine.

Thank you for translation

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control