Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu | The Wanderer chronicles

Default Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu | The Wanderer chronicles

I am starting the translation of a book of Liang Yusheng called Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu (The Wanderer chronicles).

I have heard that Liang Yusheng is a bit difficult to translate so will first try to translate a couple of chapters and see if the book is interesting enough...

Disclaimer: I don't any knowledge of chinese do the tranlation is solely based on Systran/babelfish and my imagination

As we Indians start any new work with a sanskrit schlok(verse):
    "Shree Ganeshay Namah"

PROLOGUE

獨立蒼茫每悵然,恩仇一例付雲煙,斷鴻零雁剩殘篇。
    莫道萍蹤隨逝水,永存俠影在心田,此中心事倩誰傳。
                        --調寄《浣溪沙》

A gust of cold wind was blowing outside Yanmen pass, the northerly wind was getting stronger as the dusk approached.

This is the third year of reign of Emperor ZhengTong of Ming Dynasty (about 1438 A.D.). The founding emperor of Ming dynasty Zhu Yuanzhang had died about 40 years ago. The Mongols were again resurgent, their influence was increasing in the northwest, particularly among the most powerful tribe Oirat; they invaded into the country year after year. As the years passed they have reached about a hundred miles from Yanmen pass. Now this hundred miles outside the Yanmen pass have became a “no man’s land” between the Ming’s and the Oirat. In this chilling wind; amidst the yellow sand, a donkey cart sped past from the canyon mountain road in this “no man’s land”.

A person riding a horse was following the donkey cart closely, he was a tough middle aged man with big stature; he had a quiver on his shoulder and a sword hanging at his waist. He repeatedly turned his head to look backwards. The northerly wind was getting vicious, it transmitted the faint sound of horse neighing and then suddenly thy heard a long mournful call of someone and the chaotic sound of several horse's hoof. Gradually the voices died down and then they were again engulfed in the silence. An old man with white hairs rolled up, fluttered and asked: “Did my son called me? Did he die? I am really grateful to the chivalrous hero but you do not need to attend to me now, you can go, I have arrived here, I can die in peace now!”

That middle aged person rode close to him, pointed in toward the road and said:“Elder Yun, you listened to that chaotic sound of horse's hoof, it is silence now which means that those Mongol soldiers have retreated… look…they are not coming!”

He maneuvered his horse to move ahead as he said these words. In the cart, that old man heaved a deep sigh and tears flowed from his eyes copiously. Suddenly a little girl sat up in the vehicle, her small face was as red as a ripe apple because of the cold wind; she rubbed her eyes and looked as if she has just woken up.

She asked the old man: “Grandpa is this place China?”

That old man suddenly restrained the donkey cart and stared at the land ahead of him. The intonation was low and deep as he said: “Ah…this place is indeed China. A’Lei, you get out quickly and get some soil and give it to grandpa!”

As moved towards a deep gorge, one more rider joined them, he was wounded and his clothes were cut at several places, the horse was making crazy hissing sound and that person came closer to them, he was a Buddhist priest.

That middle-aged man surnamed Xie welcomed him and asked: “Second brother Chao Yin…what happened to younger brother Yun Cheng?”
    That Buddhist priest stopped his horse and said in a sad voice: “He has died! It was a long and trying journey; he actually managed to come up to this Yanmen pass but actually could not escape those Mongols however he was also a worthy man …a really firm man, even though he was severely wounded but he still had the strength to execute several people. Just before his death, he also killed the commander of those Mongolian troops. Once their commander was dead, the remaining soldiers did not linger on and retreated hastily and did not dare to pursue again. The people are alive because of him; his death didn’t go in vain. This younger fellow disciple of ours was really good; he died in a battle fighting alongside his fellow disciples to rescue his father…what else can one want.”

The eyes of that middle-aged man shone brightly, he looked angrily at the expansive sky and suddenly said with a smile: “Yanmen pass is in sight, we calculated correctly, we finally succeeded to bring back his father, Younger brother Yun Cheng is in the next world but he can die content. Elder Yun had experienced a lot of sadness in several recent years; we should hide this matter from him for the time being.”

The horses hurried back towards the donkey cart, they only saw that old man standing beside the cart and holding a pinch of soil, his facial expression was very strange and that little girl was standing beside him and looking at her grandpa.

That Buddhist priest Chao Yin called out: “Elder Yun, we are back.”
    The old man asked: “My son?”

That Buddhist priest said in sad voice: “Mongolian soldier has been routed by us, he has received a minor wound, he will coming back in short time with other people.”

Although his voice was calm but he couldn’t control the sentiment of grief and indignation. The facial expression of that old man changed immediately, he looked at both heroes Chao Yin and Xie Tianhua and watched them intently. He unconsciously moved back several steps. Both of them couldn’t mange to look in his eyes.

They only heard him to laugh and saying with a smile: “Father is the loyal minister…so is the son, the loyal minister…. loyal son collection in rare….Yun Jing is fortunate to have such a filial son…Ha…ha!”

The laughter was sad and shrill and contained extreme grief and indignation, the heroes standing nearby the donkey cart did not dare to make any sound. That girl looked at him and asked: “Grandpa…why are you laughing? I am afraid…why are laughing…grandpa…Why haven't father come back?”

That old man immediately stopped laughing and remained silent for long period of time and said slowly:“By tomorrow morning, we will reach the Yanmen pass.”

Xie Tianhua said: “Yes…it the fifteenth day of tenth month, the moonlight is bright in the evening, we will surely reach by tomorrow morning.”
    That old man was holding that pinch of soil as if he was holding some treasure; he took the soil close to his tip of the nose and breathed deeply, his face lit up as if he has just smelled some exotic fragrance. He said with a mournful smile: “Twenty years…after so much time I am able to smell the fragrance of the soil of my country.”

Xie Tianhua said: “Elder Yun has lived in this Mongol lands for such a long time, you were alone without friends and relatives, it might be hard on you!”

The eye brows of that old man filched to show deep hatred as he remembered those days, he extended both hands to hug that little girl and said slowly: “A’Lei, you are seven years old, you have to show more maturity now, grandpa will now tell you a story, you must listen carefully and remember it.”

That girl repeated his words and said: “I will listen carefully and will remember it, grandpa tell me the story!”

That old man looked at his granddaughter strangely and said: “You are really an imp; compared to me at this age…you are much more intelligent!” he never realized that this girl never saw her grandfather after her birth. She once asked her father about her grandfather. Her father said suddenly: “My father is herding horses in a far away place. It would be more interesting if he tells you his story himself. In the future grandfather will himself tell you the story then you must listen carefully and remember it.” Therefore when that old man said that he was going to tell a story, she knew that tonight her grandpa is telling his own story.

The people surrounded the donkey cart; all were as attentive as that little girl, lost in their thought and listened attentively. They only saw that old person to take out a staff, the stick head has several sparse old wools coming out of it. That old person sighed and said: “This is an old ancient staff of a diplomatic envoy; it has withered in the snow and ice of those northern regions. A’Lei, you know what is a diplomatic envoy? I will tell you what happened 20 years ago. Your grandfather was the imperial envoy of Ming dynasty and was sent to Oirat to improve the relations between them. This staff was bestowed to an imperial ambassador by the emperor. This staff represents the emperor himself and even if one loses his life but cannot surrender it to the opposite party.

Mongolia was divided into several tribes but the most powerful was called Oirat and others were relatively weak. When an emperor sends his envoy to another country he is treated with respect and common courtesy. Actually at time of presenting my credentials, the Oirat Khan was well-mannered but afterward a Han Chinese wearing a saber came and had an audience with the Khan. He took the emperor to one side and spoke in hushed voices. This Han Chinese looked about 20 year old in appearance but his facial expression actually revealed infinite hatred as if we had some hundred years of deep enmity!”

Xie Tianhua said: “Elder, do you recognize that person?”

That old man Yun Jing said: “No… I did not know him. I have mostly kept myself at official works so I don’t even any personal enemy, how can I have a grudge with a person in some other country. I didn’t know why he was showing so much hatred! However, I at that time saw him to wear Mongol cloths and truly disdained him and didn’t talk. He and Khan discussed something and then the Khan issued an order to detain me suddenly and seize my diplomatic staff. I got angry and said: “I may lose my life but won’t surrender this staff bestowed to me by my emperor; this signifies the presence of the emperor of the Ming Dynasty.

The hateful person listened to me and started laughing, he said: “Ming Dynasty emperor, Ming Dynasty emperor! Ha, so you are a loyal minister to the emperor of the Ming Dynasty? Good! I will certainly help you to achieve your wishes. You want to become a second Su Wu [1], Su Wu tended sheep, you will be sent to herd horses!”

[1] Su Wu (140 BC - 60 BC) was a diplomat and statesman during China's Han Dynasty and was kept captive for 19 years for his refusal to surrender.
    Last edited by Abhay; 12-12-09 at 01:56 PM.

One more thing...Liang Yusheng starts his chapters with a verse from a poem. Needless to say, what do a illiterate like me know about the poems so I don't even bother to translate them.

Yea...

Another translation from Abhay.
    I loved the work you did on "Ode To Gallantry".

Thanks for the translations.

Regarding LYS's poems, my experience is that they are not that literal and usually contains pertinent information about the story and the chapter- i.e. worth translating the poem.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I need some help...
    I have feeling that the link I am using now (cnnovels.net) might have some missing pargraphs.

can someone suggest me a link where I can get another version of Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu so i can compare.

From then on I was sent to the extreme cold northern region and I herded horses for last 20 years! At first I hoped that the emperor from Ming Dynasty will dispatch troops to rescue me but as the year after year passed on, there was absolutely no news. Afterward I heard that the Ming emperor Zhu Di has returned to heaven and the new emperor is a very young prince. I knew that the country has lost the great era of powerful leaders such as current emperor’s great-grandfather and great-grandmother, a generation of strong leaders is now a thing of the past. I left the thought of escaping from that foreign land and resigned myself to spend my remaining days there only. It is such a fortune for me to come back to my country!”

Xie Tianhua and Chao Yun kept the silence but their facial expressions couldn’t hide the emotions of deep admiration and respect for Yun Jing. Yun Jing didn’t look at them and spoke further in a even more low and deep voice: “For 20 years, I have received innumerable pain in the desert, it was really dry region, sometimes I even drank urine of horse to relieve thirst, in the season of autumn it was a common matter to chew snow! These things did not even matter but what was more hateful was that traitor kept on sending people once in a while to see me and insulted the Ming emperor in front of me. For more than 20 years, these people did not kill me but have continuously tortured me.”

Yun Lei got really angrily and asked: “What was the name of that arrogant person? Grandpa, tell me his name, A’Lei will take revenge for you.”
    Yun Jing said: “Soon I get know that person was surnamed Zhang, his given name Zongzhou; these two characters have engraved on my heart...'Zongzhou'. Child don’t ever forget this name now…just remember that Zongzhou had not only tortured your grandpa for all these years but also insulted the emperor?”

That girl did not understand all the big words he used such as “Overlord” and “abusing the emperor” and asked her grandfather about them. She only heard her grandfather saying: “these are a matter of learning and education; you didn’t have any formal education up to now so you won’t understand now.” He not only wanted to say his story to her granddaughter but also to these two chivalrous people. Suddenly he said in a firm voice: “Two chivalrous heroes, what do you think, should he be killed?”

The Buddhist priest Chao Yin and Xie Tianhua said in one voice: “yes, he should be!”

Yun Jing showed a faint smile, caressed the head of his granddaughter and said: “That traitor Zhang Zongzhou is actually from an influential aristocratic family in Mongolia. His father was an important official in government and he was entrusted with heavy responsibility to him from early age. Over twenty years ago, he became the right prime minister of Oirat. He was a trusted advisor to the Khan of Oirat. He was young at that time and would have easily lived for 20-30 years. When I was herding those horses in the world of ice and snow, I only hoped that this person does not die early!”

The Buddhist priest Chao Yun was surprised and thought: “Is he really fine? Elder Yun Jing was in captivity for such a long time, he is indeed angry, if he speaks out these words then he might feel better. Yun Lei suddenly shivered as she saw her grandfather taking out a sheepskin from his bosom, several words were written on it and a faint smell of blood came out of it.

Xie Tianhua said with amazement: “Elder Yun, is this letter written in blood…have you written it?”

Yun Jing said indifferently: “This is actually the second letter. At first I counted on the royal government to send a punitive expedition to seize that traitor and punish him according to law. Afterward the reality was hopeless, I thought of assassinating him myself but it wasn’t viable, I was lacking the strength to truss up even a chicken, so I thought it over and only hoped that my descendants will make every effort to free me. I hoped that someone will abandon their study of literary skills and start learning martial arts.

About ten years passed as I herded horses in the northern region then my son Cheng’er arrived in these foreign lands in secret and looked for my whereabouts. Before I came here as an imperial envoy, he had just passed the imperial exams and was admitted as a scholar, he was a gentle student, when he came here, he had grown beard and looked like a valiant military person. Actually when he heard that the royal government was unwilling to send a punitive expedition for just a single person, he abandoned his literary studies and decided to practice martial art and came to these Mongol lands to rescue his father. I later came to know that he spent seven years to learn the martial arts from the best swordsman in the world Xuanzi Yishi. However his martial art accomplishment was not complete but he didn’t wait to complete his studies and came here to look for me.”

Yun Lei heard this and was lost in thought, her pair of eyeball moved around and she had a doubt in her heart, she asked: “My father already has some big martial art ability, why didn't I know? I saw only him to tend sheep with mother daily, one day some Mongolian soldier bullied him, they even snatched his sheep and hit him but he didn’t hit them back.”

Yun Jing sighed, he said: “A’Lei, you are young; there are many matters that you listen but you won’t understand. However, if I die in the future before you grow up then at least these two uncles will tell you about this matter.”

Xie Tianhua knew that Yun Jing wanted to have a heart-to-heart talk of his life experience and actually wanted them to listen tonight so even if he couldn’t survive in future then they can relate these incidents to his descendants and they can take revenge. He looked at Yun Jing and saw that he was shivering, his breath was slightly irregular, he held him and said: “Elder Yun, you rest for a while, we can listen to your words later, once we get past Yanmen pass. After that whatever the elder says, we two from younger generation will comply certainly.”

Yun Jing was breathing heavily, he said: “If I do not say then it might be late. Actually these matters are suppressed in my heart for such a long time….such a long time; if I did not say then I won’t feel relieved.”

He rested a while and then again said: “my son was a bit naïve to think that if he learns some martial art then he will be able to rescue me depending on his martial art skills. Everyone knows that one should always strive for better but there is always someone better than you. This Mongolian place also has many masters, that Zongzhou had in fact hired several people of extraordinary skills. I was herding horses in that snowy area but he had kept some people to monitor my movements in secret.

Cheng’er was able to find me and came to that snowy area with great difficulty, we have not even discussed about our escape when he was discovered by that spy. I called out immediately and he ran away quickly and was nearly caught. He moved to the capital to avoid detection and was involved in several scuffles with subordinates of Zhang Zongzhou. At last he understood that it won’t be possible for him to save father this way. Therefore he then obeyed my advice and concealed his identity and settled down in Mongolia. He changed his appearance from a martial art expert to a simple man and seeked opportunity to meet me every now and then and passed me the news.”

“I wanted him to live down in Mongolia and also marry a local girl so that he can extend my family and have sons and daughter who can avenge me. My hatred was too deep for that traitor, I remember the story of Yugong yishan [2], if my son cannot avenge my misfortune then my grandsons will, if they can’t then their son and so long as my Yun clan in on the earth, we will never forget this enmity with the Zhangs. If Zhang Zongzhou dies then his descendants might be there, we will get out retribution with them! About seven years ago I heard that Cheng'er has had a boy; I wrote my first letter in blood and wanted my grandson to know what happened to his grandpa. In future, when he has grown up and if ever meet someone who is a descendant of Zhang Zongzhou then whoever he is…no matter a male or female, old or young, simply kill him for me!”

[2] In ancient times, there was an old man. In front of his house, there were two high mountains, making it very inconvenient for him to come and go. He gathered his family and started to level the mountains. His neighbor scoffed, "You are foolish. You are too old and weak to level a small hill, let along two big mountains." But the old man said, "I have sons, and my sons have sons. I will have endless progeny, but the mountains won't grow any higher." The spirit of the "Foolish Old Man" moved Heaven, and it sent two immortals to move the mountains away. This idiom describes an indomitable will.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Thanks for the translations.

Regarding LYS's poems, my experience is that they are not that literal and usually contains pertinent information about the story and the chapter- i.e. worth translating the poem.

Han Solo
    That was my point exactly...they are not literal that is why i can't translate them. I can translate something which I can understand..ain't it.

A lot of "Guru" roam around the forum...I have given the original chinese text,,,perhaps someone might try his hands....my translation are always open for editing..

Hi, where is the original chinese text posted? I just want to see out of curiosity.

I wonder how well google translate translates everything.

Quote Originally Posted by raywang View Post
    Hi, where is the original chinese text posted? I just want to see out of curiosity.

I wonder how well google translate translates everything.
    right now source for pzxyl is: http://www.cnnovels.net/wx/liangyush...xyl/index.html
    Last edited by Abhay; 12-13-09 at 02:20 PM.

Xie Tianhua only felt a cold shiver passing through his body as he heard these words from the old man. He thought in his heart: “Hatred….it can actually go so far…! It will lead to so much retaliation…in the martial art world it is just a part of life to kill and take revenge…a never ending cycle of blood and hatred? This old man has been captive in the arid land of ice and snow and herded horses for 20 years; he has suffered greatly so he is really angry. Perhaps after returning to China, his spirit might restore.”

Yun Jing took the letter written in blood, gasped slightly for air and said: “I gave that letter to Cheng’er and asked him to hide the letter in the seams of his cloths. Hereafter as I was herding horses, I shifted from one place to another and lost contact with him. About three months ago, he secretly came to see me and told me that he has a plan to rescue me.

At that time, I was already old and gray; I no longer thought of escaping and did not pay attention to his words. He also told me that during these past seven years, he also have had a daughter, obviously A‘Lei was that child. I immediately wrote another letter in blood again and urged my granddaughter to take revenge for me. A’Lei, you must remember this, if you bump in to any person who has the blood of Zhang Zongzhou running in his veins, no matter he is a male or female, old or young; you must kill them for me!”

Yun Lei heard his words, her small face was filled with fear and suddenly she cried saying: “Does grandfather want me to kill that many people? A’Lei is afraid… A’Lei is really afraid, mother said that one should not take life; I even tried to protect the newborn lamb. Mother…Father said that mother will come with us, why don’t I see my mother, she has also disappeared like father?”

She didn’t knew that her father Yun Cheng had concealed his identity in Mongolia and even though he shared his life with her mother for past ten years, he never told her about his true purpose or revealed his identity. Unexpectedly one day, he took his children and abandoned his wife to run away.

Yun Jing looked at her and said in an angry sound: “A’Lei, you won’t listen to my words? I told you, your father….your father….he is already…” he looked at her, she was not making any sound but tears were flowing from her eyes. Yun Jing sighed, the words came to his mouth but he swallowed them back and couldn’t endure to say that her father is dead.

Xie Tianhua sighed secretly, he shook his head, he only saw Yun Lei looking downwards and saying in a low voice: “I listen to grandfather's words!”

Yun Jing took the letter he wrote with his blood and put it in her clothes. He looked at her with a smile and said: “I never thought that I will be able to escape this foreign land and return to the native place. I thank the chivalrous heroes and ask you to take this child as disciple!”

Xie Tianhua had his doubts and he replied slowly: “Just hold on a minute to discuss this. Elder Yun, please do not misunderstand but I will promise you that I will look for a better master for her.”

Xie Tianhua, that Buddhist priest Chao Yin and Yun Cheng were all from the same sect, their master Xuanzi Yishi was known as the “first under heaven” swordsman. He has extremely exquisite attainments in the martial arts. Xuanzi Yishi was a person with strange temperament, he altogether had five disciples; he passed different sets of martial art to each disciple. For example he passed only half set of martial arts to Xie Tianhua. How can one pass one half of martial art? Originally Xuanzi Yishi had created two sets of sword skills; they were in fact entirely opposite yet complementary. He had actually created Yin and yang double sword skill, the yin sword skill called “blue deep” and the Yang sword skill called “white clouds”. He passed the “white clouds” sword skill to Xie Tianhua and the “blue deep” sword skill to another female disciple, when these two people were together than only the set of martial art was complete.

This set of sword skill was created by Xuanzi Yishi during his entire lifetime and devoted enormous time and effort to perfect it. When these two double swords are together, they were unmatched in the world. Therefore among all the five disciples, the martial art of Xie Tianhua and that female disciple was highest and it was really difficult to choose the better of them.

As for Yun Cheng, because he has not completed his studies, his martial art skills were the weakest. The Buddhist priest Chao Yin was the second disciple, he was passed the skill called the “magic wand” skill. He became the top exponent of this skill and perfected it.

Xie Tianhua and Buddhist priest Chao Yin were invited by their younger fellow disciple Yun Cheng to help him to rescue his father from this foreign land. Just when they reached Oirat, the crown prince was born to the Oirat Khan. The entire place was in celebrations and the surveillance was slightly loose. These three people joint their forces and killed several guards and unexpectedly ran away quite easily. They actually cannot think that once Yanmen pass was in sight than they will meet the pursuing soldiers. Yun Cheng unexpectedly stayed back to stop their pursuit and give Xie Tianhua enough time to get away with his father and perished fighting.

After Yun Jing said those words, he was unable to withstand the tiredness and went to rest on the cart and dozed off. A’Lei kept looking at her grandfather but did not say anything and didn’t even smile. Xie Tianhua sighed, waved that donkey cart quickly along canyon mountain road. At this time the bright moon was at the horizon, the bleak mountain valley was soaked in the moonlight, the mist gave a surreal feel to the environment as they all moved on quietly. Xie Tianhua let Yun Lei eat several pieces of dried meat and gave her water to drink. She too soon slept soundly.

In the donkey cart suddenly after a jolt, he heard Yun Jing calling out suddenly: “Cold, cold….wolf came…wolf came!”

The Buddhist priest said with a smile: “This old man still thinks that he is in that foreign land.”He also heard Yun Lei calling out in the dream: “Mother, A’Lei is afraid…she can’t kill people, A’Lei is afraid.”

Xie Tianhua shook his head in consternation. Suddenly he heard a sound of whistling arrow passing swiftly over the mountain valley.

Yun Jing jumped from his dream suddenly and called out: “the wolf came!”
    He looked and only saw a blue fire waving in front of them. The Buddhist priest Chao Yin moved ahead several ten feet to meet the enemy.
    Xie Tianhua said: “Elder Yun, don’t be startled, There aren’t several people.”

The sleepiness from his face of Yun Jing disappeared immediately and he looked frightened now, he fluttered to say: “It is not good, this is best warrior of Zhang Zongzhou. He is called Tantai Meiming (literal meaning: “to extinguish Ming”). His name actually sounds like a Mongol name but he is in fact a Han Chinese. My son has fought with him earlier and barely survived the fight.”

Xie Tianhua said with a smile: “That staff of my fellow disciple is famous in the area south of Yellow River, the best warrior in Mongolian palace is nothing front of him, as long as he comes alone and not with numerical advantage; we will teach him a lesson. We will to seize him and bring back to capital with us and then we will see who dares “to extinguish Ming”!”

Xie Tianhua was a chivalrous person and always upheld justice; he hated the people most who betrayed their country. When he heard that this person calls himself “to extinguish Ming”, he was filled with uncontrollable rage and drew out his long sword and rushed forward to root for his fellow disciple.

He only saw a person in uniform of a Mongol commander, wearing golden armor and holding a pair of hooks in his hand attacking Buddhist priest Chao Yin fiercely. Chao Yin wielded his staff with enormous strength, the staff swept away to cut through the air making whistling sound, however to his surprise, that commander was not at all perturbed his staff and did not let him dominate. The double hooks circled vertically and horizontally and compelled him to lean this way and other to avoid being hit.

Xia Tianhua was startled, he thought in his heart: “The martial art skill of this person is really extraordinary, no wonder Younger fellow disciple Yun Cheng was defeated so easily by him. It seems that fellow apprentice Chao Yin too is not his match.”

The long sword leaves the sheath immediately, he raised his arm to execute a move, it looked as if a giant bird was attacking a prey from sky and totally overwhelming it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    I need some help...
    I have feeling that the link I am using now (cnnovels.net) might have some missing pargraphs.

can someone suggest me a link where I can get another version of Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu so i can compare.
    http://www.lcread.com/bookPage/24833/index.html

Would that help? It's in simplified script though.
    玉木宏

blog

The long sword leaves the sheath immediately, he raised his arm to execute a move, it looked as if a giant bird was attacking a prey from sky and totally overwhelming it. This move called “to thread a flower” was one of the strategic moves of the sword skill created by Xuanzi Yishi. A simple straight sword thrust to break the hook is sufficient but to snatch the hook out of a highly skilled exponent is not that easy. Xuanji Yishi took great amount of pain and time to create this special move which not only nullifies the threat of the hook, it moves in circles and is light and lively. The variations were enormous and if the opponent didn’t restrain himself and still counter attacks and tries to seize the sword by alluring it in the hook then might easily lose his own fingers or would be beheaded.

Xie Tianhua saw that the situation was critical so he went on with this vicious attack. He made this move and tried to divert his attention by a sword stab but no matter his move, the enemy took all his attack head on. Xie Tianhua was in fact worried about some kind of a sneak attack but on the contrary this person was attacking him directly without any fear.

Unexpectedly that mongol warrior moved his both hooks in opposite direction. The left hook moved downwards and the right hook upwards. Xie Tianhua was moving his long sword to stab him but the movement of those bright hooks, sometimes expanding and sometimes contracting confused him for a moment and he could not decide and suddenly the tide turned around and now the enemy was attacking him and he was defending and had a slight disadvantage.

Xie Tianhua was startled, he understood that he really has met a very formidable opponent and his spirit inspired too, the long sword in his hand vibrated and he made a move with swift variations called “to break the stubborn”, the sword light delimited a long arc, his body moved along the sword and completed the turn and his ascended in a frightening manner to attack. The sword attacking from the outside, this was a unique combination of the offense and defense; both of them were unique strategic moves of his sword skill. However that mongol warrior was also clever, he did not followed the lure and didn’t made any offensive move at all and used his double hook to seal the openings against his attack. Xie Tianhua immediately slanted his sword to attack and walked forward continuously. That warrior cried: “Good swordsmanship!”

That person resisted the attack of Xie Tianhua for three moves and called out suddenly: “Stop!”

Xie Tianhua was willing to listen but he still made the move and his sword didn’t stop.

That person got extremely angry and said: “You think that I am afraid of you and am inferior to you?” he launched himself in to vigorous attack, the double hook moved flamboyantly. The two hooks moved like a pair of silver snakes as if ready to hurt him from every direction, Xi Tianhua was shocked and was resisting the attack but despite being a top martial art exponent of his sect, he did not manage to match him.

The Buddhist priest Chao Yun saw that he was struggling so he went forward and swung his staff and helped him to fight that Mongol warrior.
    That person smiled loudly: “Looking at your martial art skills, you might be a famous swordsmen in China, I have heard that the people from martial arts world are fastidious about the code of chivalry, they always fight one against one, do you actually want to count it as victory because of numerical superiority?”

The Buddhist priest shouted: “You call yourself Tantai Meiming?”

That mongol warrior continued sparring with Xie Tianhua, after a couple of sword moves, he looked with askance, smiled and said:“This Buddhist priest also knows my name.”

The Buddhist priest shouted: “You look like a Han person but are actually following a barbarian as your master, aren’t you ashamed of yourself? You are a traitor yourself, what are you talking about the customs of martial art in central plains?”

The bright facial complexion of Tantai Meiming turned ashen, he laughed and said: I have spent my entire life in Outer Mongolia; this heart belongs to this land! Who is the traitor then? Whose country did I revolt against? Zhu Yuanzhang seized the empire by treachery and people like you make every effort to help him to succeed, people like you go to his descendant and bow in front of him and profess allegiance.”

He moved sideways and dodged the staff of Buddhist priest and wielded his double hook to protect his body. He said in a clear and resonant voice: “I have listened to your relentless tirade now, Buddhist priest…fine...you want to fight, I will call my two juniors to meet you.”

These words of Tantai Meiming compelled the Buddhist priest to move aside. He saw that two young fellows wielding a sword and spear were rushing towards him immediately. He too moved towards them and attacked them immediately. Although the martial art of these two young fellow was less than the Buddhist priest Chao Yun but he was physically weak compared to them and with their numerical strength it was a fight were neither he was able to win but or lose.

Xie Tianhua listened to that Tantai Meiming speaking with confidence, in the heart he was apprehensive and thought: “This person can’t be blamed but he is still helping these Mongols in any event, we have to subdue him.” He again brandished his sword and attacked with his sword. Tantai Meiming resisted all his strategic and powerful moves with aplomb and asked suddenly: “You are a disciple of that Xuanzi Yishi?”

Xie Tianhua was startled for a moment and stared at him blankly. He only heard the laughter of Tantai Meiming echoing in the valley, he said: “Your master was unable to win against my master in the past; you shouldn’t waste you strength in this meaningless fight, shouldn’t you? Since you lack a sense of propriety and don’t know when to come and leave…fine…we will fight for 3500 moves today!”

Xie Tianhua was terrified and shocked, he remembers that his master once told him about the events of past. About 20 years ago, his master had a duel with an evil fiend for the hegemony of the martial arts at the summit of Mount Emei. They fought for three days and three nights but could not make distinction between victory and defeat. This evil fiend named Shangguan Shuangming Tianye disappeared soon after that fight and went into seclusion without any trace. No one knew about his whereabouts until now, when Xie Tianhua listened to this Tantai Meiming then he understood that Shangguan Tianye is hiding in Mongolia and this Tantai Meiming is his disciple.

Xie Tianhua stopped as he heard him talking but when he listened him condescending about his master and their sect, he got angry and started executing his swordsmanship to display the move called “impervious to wind and rain”, this move was a exquisite one and a silver light encircled him, sometimes he attacked and defended and sometimes he defended and look for opportunity to attack. That Tantai Meiming was also quite fierce, the double hook moved like twin gold rainbows and sealed up the opening unexpectedly and he too switched from offense to defense and vice-versa but both of them couldn’t manage to find any openings. They fought for about hundred dozens of moves in a flash but made no head away and it was difficult to find victory or defeat.

Xie Tianhua thought in his heart: “it’s a pity that sister is not here, if we were able to execute our double sword in combination and complemented each another then even three Tantai Meiming must have died under our sword.”

Thanks for starting a new translation Abhay. Looking forward to reading more of this story. The opening of this story reminds me of a TV series I saw in the past. Can't wait to read more. Thanks again!

Tantai Meiming moved his bright hooks to make three moves continually; Xie Tianhua didn’t budge at all and blocked his moves. Suddenly Tantai Meiming laughed loudly and jumped out of the fight and called out: “How? You and I have used all of our strength and are still unable to win or lose, we should stop!”

Xie Tianhua got angry and said: “I can’t coexist with a wicked thief like you and won’t let the matter to rest!”

Tantai Meiming brandished his bright double hook and kept it aside and drew back from Xie Tianhua, he shouted loudly: “If you hand over the guest you are running off with then I will let you go.”

Xie Tianhua did not dare to relax, he kept his long sword in front of him despite the opponent holding back his hooks, he said in a loud voice: “We have had this long and trying journey to rescue him, we have passed through all the dangers and pitfalls and have finally reached at this place, we are ready to face any difficulties to rescue them. If you are willing to turn a new leaf, abandon these barbarians, drop these double hooks in a hurry and run away then we won’t follow you!”

Tantai Meiming kept his composure and smiled, he said: “You really do not know the quality of life given to me by Prime Minister Zhang. I urge you to go back and roam in the central plains and never come near Yanmen pass. This way you will be able to avert a big calamity!”

Xie Tianhua was in an uncontrollable rage, the long sword quickly moved and he reprimanded loudly: “You…dog… thief…you dare to have fun at my expense!”

Tantai Meiming was also angry, he cursed back: “You have brought your own destruction, now don’t blame me for being heartless.”

Xie Tianhua closed on him tightly and didn’t say anything, the sword moved like wind and rain, Tantai Meiming also does not dare to speak to divert attention, he too moved the double hooks freely, they again fought for moves after moves, someone sees the opening and attacks but the opponent is already ready to block. This was they fought for hundred dozens of moves again but still made no distinction between victory and defeat.

Suddenly in between the fight, Tantai Meiming whistled, made a false move and then turned around to walk away. The two young fellows too jumped out of their fight with the Buddhist priest and joined him and ran away anxiously. Xie Tianhua and Chao Yin followed after them for some time. As they came closer to a level area in the valley, suddenly Xie Tianhua thought about something and immediately said: “This bastard is too arrogant to just run away like this, this might be some trick. Elder Yin is left behind alone and he has drawn us away from them and now no one is protecting him…Ahh…we are tricked by that scheming thief!”

He turned around to move back but saw Tantai Meiming suddenly jumping in the valley. They were shocked, there was absolutely no place to get the foothold and that part of valley was several ten feet high and the valley was grotesquely-shaped with jagged rocks. Jumping from that place was similar to suicide and it was a big accident waiting to happen!

As soon as this thought came to the mind of Xie Tianhua, he saw Tantai Meiming changing direction the air, he was actually holding a rope; he threw the rope in the midair and caught the branch of the pine tree and swung around in midair. This mountain valley was extremely dangerous, the distance between the branches of the pine tree between opposing sides was about hundred feet, despite having a good lightness martial art, Tantai Meiming could not fly over the valley directly so he made this extremely dangerous maneuver and jumped over using the rope and landed close to Yun Jing and that donkey cart.

Xie Tianhua was shocked, this really was no small matter and he knew in his heart that if he follow the old route to turn back then by the time he gets there Yun Jing might have suffered a violent death but flying over that canyon was also not a practical option. He was helpless and followed back to his old route to return. He was really hurt in his heart for his mistake but on the other hand the helplessness turned in to rage as he got more determined to take revenge for Yun Jing

Xie Tianhua was sweating as he hurried back with great difficulty; he only saw Tantai Meiming standing before the donkey cart and Yun Jing standing a step ahead and both of them talking. Tantai Meiming had his bright double hooks hanging in the waist and had no other weapons in his hand. Looking from a distance it looked that he was smiling but as one came closer they listened that he was talking in a low earnest voice but his intonation was stern.

Xie Tianhua rushed and heard Yun Jing saying: “You are talking nonsense! This enmity between me and Zhang Zongzhou is absolutely irreconcilable, you must kill then kill, how can it be that I am willing to go back with you, are you requesting me to forgive him?”

Xie Tianhua was greatly humored by this comment, he only saw Tantai Meiming turn his head and showing a faint smile and said loudly: “Did you see? If I want to take the life of Elder Yun, it will be as easy as a pie, why are you out of your breath and running so hard? Elder Yun has suffered so much hardship but life and death are a mater of fortune and misfortune isn’t it?”

Yun Jing was in an uncontrollable rage, he tilted his head to sneer and said: “Do you want me to go back in that world of ice and snow again and herd horses for 20 more years?”

Tantai Meiming laughed aloud and said: “Elder Yun, I respect you a lot for the indomitable will you have showed in last 20 years but still I request you to go back.”

Yun Jing said: “you are a dog of that Zhang Zongzhou…that traitor…that lowly villain; I am dedicated for my country, who wants his respect!”
    Tantai Meiming again laughed off his tirade and said in a calm manner: “Elder Yun, what you have said is not entirely incorrect. You were person who has blindly devoted himself for those traitors. My lord wants to discuss important matters with you and that is why he sent me to get back, what a pity you have disappointed his sincere efforts.”

Yun Jing got ma with anger as he heard these words, he started trembling and scolded: “You thief, he is making the efforts, I am herding horses for past 20 years and was just fortunate enough to go back to my native place so that I can die in peace and get buried in my home town but you wouldn’t let me have that too. You want to sprinkle the soil of my country with my blood then so be it?”

Tantai Meiming said anger: “Why do we kill you? We are not interested in killing you!”

Yun Jing clenched his teeth and said: “You have killed my son and now denying it in front of?” he started shivering and almost tumbled. Tantai Meiming supported him and said: “Your son was not killed by us. You must listen to me, you do not understand. Come back with me and you will know.”

Yun Jing spited at him, Tantai Meiming dodged it gently and only heard Yun Jing also saying: “haven’t you killed him? Were those soldiers inadequate?”

Tantai Meiming forced a smile and said: “I have already left with my subordinates.”

Yun Jing said: “You left from one direction and tricked to kill my son from another. You mongol fox …I am in your hand, you can kill me, no need to of talking too much.”

Xie Tianhua also thought that this behavior of Tantai Meiming, he was a senior military commander and his subordinates were responsible for killing the son of Elder Yun. Yun Jing has spent last 20 years in misery in that cold arid region herding horses, is it possible that Tantai Meiming was just refusing to accept his involvement in front of him to and is really repentant or he is just playing some brutal tricks?

Both people faced each other stiffly and didn’t even blink, finally Tantai Meiming held his one fist in the other hand and said: “Elder Yun, I have said what I wanted; it is up to you now to decide what you want.”

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    http://www.lcread.com/bookPage/24833/index.html

Would that help? It's in simplified script though.
    I checked it..it is exactly similar to the current link i am using.
    Actually i am able to see some difference between the summary posted by mawguy in wuxiasociety to this one...

Can anyone suggest any other link

i'm glad you're taking on this project! all the best! i really hope you can complete it because it's a story that deserves a wider audience!
    nostalgic for wuxiasociety? http://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/

Yun Jing was mad with anger and opened his mouth to make flap-flap noise but could not utter a single word.

Xie Tianhua said in an angry voice: “Elder Yun is old person and didn’t even have the strength to truss up a chicken, what do you want him to decide? Are you planning to fight for another 3500 moves again?”

Tantai Meiming did not pay attention to him, he raised his voice and continued saying: “Such being the case, then I have to walk. Zhang Zongzhou said that you might be tired after herding horse for 20 years and he really feels sorry. He also expected that you won’t come back so he told me told me to deliver these three brocade pouches to you. He said that these three brocade pouch are a reward for you for herding horses for 20 years.” He removed his hands and turned around to walk.

Xie Tianhua suddenly heard a Zheng sound as Tantai Meiming pass through his side and only heard a shout from Yun Jing in the cart. Xie Tianhua put out his hand to throw five metallic projectiles towards his five acupuncture points; Tantai Meiming did not retaliated but only moved his double hooks in a circular manner. Xie Tianhua heard the sound of him blocking those projectiles in a swift manner and moving away continually. Tantai Meiming sneered at him and soon his shadow submerged among the green pines and rocks and went away.

When Xie Tianhua threw these projectiles, he was aware that he won’t be able to do much harm to the opponent but he did not expect him to deflect all the five in just one swoop so easily and was startled unconsciously. He rushed towards the donkey cart and only saw Yun Jing breathing heavily and his neck was red. Xie Tianhua puts out a hand in his chest to rub,

Yun Jing spitted and yelled: “Irritates me!” he sat tremblingly. Xie Tianhua knew that he is uncontrollable rage and his anger his burning inside his heart. He was relieved that Yun Jing wasn’t injured. He waited for him to calm down and elucidate on what happened. Suddenly he heard the sound of the Buddhist priest shouting loudly and moving his staff in the air violently nearby.

Xie Tianhua was startled, he asked hastily: “Fellow disciple, what are you up to?”

The Buddhist priest Chao Yin said angrily: “Brother, I lose my face in front of these people! I can’t believe that I was not able to defeat that Meiming fellow in 300 moves. I hate myself!”

Xie Tianhua knew that his fellow disciple was a sensitive person, he sat down beside him and get him some water to drink, he said: “Second fellow disciple, calm down and think about this whole matter. We have to think how we can resist against this evil fiend Shangguan if he arrives personally let alone this Tantai Meiming?”

The Buddhist priest gulped the saliva and continued indignantly: “I only said that this traitor has executed violent treachery to Elder Yun and I wanted to avenge it. I actually hurried back impatiently after those two young thieves. On any normal day, I am not bent on killing people just on whim but today I have placed my heart in this fight but my physical strength was not enough to handle both of them. They walked and fought one after another and lured me away. One would fight and then retreat and then other will fight. This way they walked afar from this place and I did not hurry back unexpectedly and fought about 100-200 moves. I was on the verge of victory then suddenly Tantai Meiming appeared. I then realized that he has tricked us and might have harmed Elder Yun so I shouted abuse at him.

Tantai Meiming used his double hooks to pull aside my staff and executed a sudden clever trick to trip me on the ground. I never expected that he will slap me and also scolded me that I am a “Stupid Buddhist priest” and said that “you are talking nonsense so I am just slapping you around and giving you a light punishment” and so on. After scolding me he then led two young thieves and swaggered away. I make a living as a wandering martial art exponent for dozens of years and was never bullied and humiliated this way and you…you say that I am exasperating?” he stopped yelling and looked downwards and shouted to say suddenly: “ What happened here? Did he and you fight? Is Elder Yun all right, why are these three brocade pouch lying on the ground? Whose are these?"

As the Buddhist priest Chao Yin saw these three exquisite brocade pouch, he looked at them in appreciation and said: “Isn’t it a picture of a camel, isn't this embroidery of Mongolian origin?

Yun Jing got angry and said: “That smelly mongol dog has left it here, rip it here and smash the contents and thrown them in to the sludge!”
    Cha Yun looked at him in consternation and then took the brocade pouches and started to rip them, suddenly Xie Tianhua made a move and snatched the brocade pouches from his hands. The Buddhist priest was surprised and he said: “Elder brother…why do you......”

Xie Tianhua said: “Elder Yun is not in his elements right now and haven’t even looked at the contents of the brocade pouches yet. If you have just ripped them without even looking at them then it might have been late!”

Xie Tianhua had his doubts and he thought: “The martial art skill of that Tantai Meiming was excellent but he still did not injured Yun Jing, this behavior is mystifying? I can’t really say that he saved his life but still he is a Mongolian official for 20 years and didn’t do anything to help Yun Jing? Also Yanmen pass has been in sight and we will step in to the Chinese territory; who will want to injure Yun Jing now? Isn't he deceiving people with this nonsense? But what was his real intention then, did he came here just for this non-sense, neither did he kill Yun Jing or take him back with him deliberately. He is an arrogant person but still showed mercy otherwise why he let fellow disciple to just run away with his life. This is really complicated and I can’t understand the real intention.

Xie Tianhua did not say anything but hesitated as he brought the brocade pouches back to Yun Jing. He gave a cursory glance and saw the two words written on the first brocade pouch: “Open now”. Yun Jing ripped open with indignation and extracted the paper inside the pouch and read: “Return back to Mongolia at once, it is still relatively safe. General Tantai is stationed at Zuoyun and will help you to rescue.” Yun Jing looked at these words and ripped them in to pieces and threw in the ground.

Xie Tianhua looked at him and saw him shivering, the complexion of his face changed and he did not dare to ask. Yun Jing looked at him and then at the shreds of paper in the dirt and said angrily: “An excellent plan…this is nonsense!”

He took up the second brocade pouch and looked at the words written on its top: “Open this letter seven miles away from Yanmen pass.”

Yun Jing said: “I don’t believe them anyway.” He made an effort to rip and took out the letter kept inside and read it aloud: “This is critical now, an advance party is coming from Yanmen pass to meet you, if Commander Zhou Jian is not the leader of this group then just turn around and run away as soon as possible, leave Xie Tianhua and Chao Yin to block the way for your pursuers, this way you might have a chance to survive.”

btw, abhay, it's tantai mieming, not meiming.
    nostalgic for wuxiasociety? http://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/

The commander at Yanmen pass Zhou Jian was a fellow villager and good friend of Yun Jing. Yun Jing practiced the literary skills and Zhou Jian practiced the martial arts but still both of them were good friends and had become successful in their respective civil and military career. When Yun Cheng made the rescue plan to save his father, he asked help from Zhou Jian too and ask him to relate this information to imperial court to some selected people in secret.

Yun Jing said: “Why will Zhou Jian come to see me when I arrive? I can’t be compared to Su Wu and hope that when I return from this foreign land, the Ming emperor will send such a senior official to welcome me. This is really absurd!” he ripped the letter conveniently and threw it too.

Nearby Xie Tianhua was already looking at the third pouch, he glanced at it and found the word written on the pouch was his name. he asked: “ What is written in this letter?”

Yun Jing said: “This just a string of lies. However these traitors were really fierce, they knew in advance that probably you are coming to this barbarian lands to save me. How can one guard against these people?”

Xie Tianhua wrinkled his brow, hesitated for a moment but didn’t say anything. Yun Jing took out the third brocade pouch and was just about to rip it open; suddenly he lay down and screamed unconsciously.

On that third brocade pouch the words written were: “Hand this letter to Xie Tianhua to open.” Yun Jing calmed down in a moment and looked at Xie Tianhua but still had some misgivings in his heart. Xie Tianhua has been roaming in the martial art world for a long time and has seen it all. He showed a faint smile and said: “Traitor is crafty, Elder Yun you disassemble it and have a look, what did it says?”

Yun Jing hesitated and then disassembled the brocade pouch slowly and extracted the letter and read it slowly: “By this time, Elder Yun is already arrested, there is a wax seal inside the brocade pouch; it’s a rare Tibetian pellet and can’t be cut open. Go to the capital city and look for Yu Qian and decide how to deal with Wang Zhen. The life of Elder Yun will depend on this. ”

Yun Jing spitted and was in an uncontrollable rage, rips the letter and threw them on the ground and said: “He is saying these things just to frighten me, he is just talking nonsense! I, Yun Jing am a senior loyal minister, how can they arrest me?” he also threw the brocade pouch on the ground. Xie Tianhua caught the brocade pouch and took out the wax seal secretly and hid inside his cloths. The complexion of Xie Tianhua changed and he said: “We shouldn’t throw these brocade pouches in plain sight, perhaps we should hide them.”

Yun Jing was not at all concerned about these and said: “This was intended for you, you can do whatever you want, if you want to hide then hide. This enmity between me and those traitors is absolutely irreconcilable, even if I am tore to shreds, I won’t want them to rescue me.”

The donkey cart took advantage of the moonlight and hurried along in night. They were now able to faintly hear the sound of the horns of the soldiers patrolling outside the Yanmen pass. This inspired the spirit in Yun Jing and although they were rushing on his long journey and has not rested, he actually didn’t felt tired at all. He raised his head to look at the expansive sky and laughed, he said: “I will now spend my remaining years of life in my native land, I am so happy to cross this Yanmen pass after so much time. When I will cross the Yanmen pass tomorrow and hand over my diplomatic staff, it will be great moment for me.”

Xie Tianhua said: “The current emperor is a minor and was orphaned at a very young age; he is dependent on the other high ranking officials for advice.”

Yun Jing said with a slight smile: “This was duty-bound matter for an official, how can I look at the imperial government for reward.” He stopped, suddenly and asked: “I was away from the country for past 20 years. At the present I have traded with three dynasties but right now I know nothing about the current emperor, who is in power nowadays?”

Xie Tianhua said: “It is said that Wang Zhen is the most powerful official.”
    Yun Jing remembered the third brocade pouch and sneered to say: “This sounds like a conspiracy to me, this Wang Zhen certainly is a big loyal minister but that Yu Qian thinks that he is a disloyal subject.”

The Buddhist priest Chao Yin approached the donkey cart immediately as he listened to Yun Jing saying these words, suddenly he struck the ground with his staff and said loudly: “Elder has made a mistake, this Wang Zhen is a big disloyal subject, If I can get my hands on that thief then I will teach him a good lesson with my staff!”

Yun Jing said in consternation: “Why is he a disloyal subject? How can you say this for sure…did you investigated this matter personally? I think this matter is instigated by Yu Qian to raise his status and that is why he is impeaching him.”

Xie Tianhua said: “Elder is not aware that this Wang Zhen is indeed very deceitful government official.”

Yun Jing said: “Why…is he a court eunuch?”

Xie Tianhua said: “Yes...I have heard that this person had studied in his hometown Weizhou, went to the examination and has been the county magistrate. Afterwards he committed a crime and was sent to the frontier service. It just happened that he met the emperor and an imperial order was issued to castrate him. This way Wang Zhen sneaked in to the imperial palace. Afterward he received the order to go to serve the crown prince at that time. The crown prince is our current emperor and because of his past association, this Wang Zhen is the main advisor to the emperor. Wang Zhen is a court eunuch and manages the matter inside and outside the court. It is said that he colluded with the royal courtiers and is rewarding capricious people on concocted pretexts, implemented an oppressive taxation mechanism and collects harshly. Although it is only three years but the common people hates him to their marrow of the bones. Elder Yun, when you get back, please be careful.”

Yun Jing was lost in some thought and doubt filled his mind unconsciously.

Xie Tianhua continued and said: “That Yu Qian is currently heads the Ministry of War. I have also heard that he is actually an incorruptible official.”

Yun Jing maintained the silence and did not speak, in his heart he thought: “These two people are boorish fellows from the martial art world, what they are saying can’t be believed without sufficient evidence; after I return home I will personally look in to this matter and then decide. He also thought: “Military tactics and diplomatic tactics are different, in state affairs, what looks empty might be solid in reality and vice-versa. It might be correct that what these two people are saying is truth but I don’t think that this all some big conspiracy. These Mongols are just trying to influence these two with lies.”

On the donkey cart Yun Lei was still sleeping soundly, Yun Jing saw her apple-shaped face and thought that she is really simple-hearted and lovable. He thought about her growing up and coming back to these Mongol lands and braving the frost and ice to take revenge for him and sighed unconsciously but his eyes still had the pain of herding horses for 20 years, chewing snow to drink, suffering from hunger in that cold desert and all sorts of misery. His heart started beating faster as he remembered these events and hated himself for being over-anxious and took A’Lei in his lap and his eye looked at the nighttime sky, he couldn’t control his surging emotions and unconsciously tears fell from his eyes.