Thread: More ebooks available! (Smiling Proud Wanderer, White Haired Demoness)

Default More ebooks available! (Smiling Proud Wanderer, White Haired Demoness)

I just wanted to let people know I have uploaded more ebooks, (Smiling Proud Wanderer, White Haired Demoness) to http://wuxiatranslations.wikispaces.com/ Gave credit to the translators, also plugged all the wuxia sites I could think of in the foreword (including SPCTV.NET).Thanks a lot for your help providing the translations. Particular thanks to Lanny and Foxs for providing the word docs. More to follow. Some people have kindly offered to help, which is always welcome. Just one thing, if you are interested, please let me know before you start anything, to make sure there is no unnecessary duplication of effort, as I or somebody else might already be working on it.
    Last edited by jack_ingoldsby; 08-14-13 at 12:29 PM.

thanx Jack

Thanks for doing this. The format looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jotaro View Post
    Thanks for doing this. The format looks nice.
    Thanks. I took the basic design from the SPCNET Condor Trilogy pdfs, but I personally prefer mobi (more flexible), which actually started the conversion project.Have had a couple of people reach out to me with offers to help, which is nice, including somebody who has already started on the massive "Step into the Past"

Quote Originally Posted by jack_ingoldsby View Post
    Thanks. I took the basic design from the SPCNET Condor Trilogy pdfs, but I personally prefer mobi (more flexible), which actually started the conversion project.Have had a couple of people reach out to me with offers to help, which is nice, including somebody who has already started on the massive "Step into the Past"
    For the "Step into the Past", can you ask the person doing it to include the "censored" parts of the story.... During one of the vBulletin upgrades, they somehow broke that feature and never tried to fix it; requiring a reply in order to see the so called "SPOILER" regions of that story...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    For the "Step into the Past", can you ask the person doing it to include the "censored" parts of the story.... During one of the vBulletin upgrades, they somehow broke that feature and never tried to fix it; requiring a reply in order to see the so called "SPOILER" regions of that story...
    I'll certainly look into it. To be honest, I don't read the unfinished versions, as I don't want to get invested unless I know I will be able to finish the book. So not sure about the issue. Have you seen it in the unabridged version?

Quote Originally Posted by jack_ingoldsby View Post
    I'll certainly look into it. To be honest, I don't read the unfinished versions, as I don't want to get invested unless I know I will be able to finish the book. So not sure about the issue. Have you seen it in the unabridged version?
    Yes, those missing sections are indeed in BOTH the unabridged version AND the regular version. Just examine the first few pages and you'll see the "click to show spoilers" which doesn't work. Only by replying doing you see the "censored" section of the story. I believe only Jean added the hidden translated sections.

I finally got the condor trilogy inside my ipad - love the cover pages...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Yes, those missing sections are indeed in BOTH the unabridged version AND the regular version. Just examine the first few pages and you'll see the "click to show spoilers" which doesn't work. Only by replying doing you see the "censored" section of the story. I believe only Jean added the hidden translated sections.
    Thanks for pointing this out. The chap doing the reformatting was not aware of this, and is going back to revise... saved us (well him) a lot of work

I don't know whether I am too late to say this or not, but I have began making Epub for Step into the past..
    I used Sigil to create it, and I have finished until Book 10, Chapter 5.
    I also included all the X-rated comments..

However, I saw also that it is still need to be edited..

So... the question is whether I need to finish it, or just waiting for you

Quote Originally Posted by r_aribawono View Post
    I don't know whether I am too late to say this or not, but I have began making Epub for Step into the past..
    I used Sigil to create it, and I have finished until Book 10, Chapter 5.
    I also included all the X-rated comments..

However, I saw also that it is still need to be edited..

So... the question is whether I need to finish it, or just waiting for you
    Actually, somebody else has already started that, they are doing a word version for conversion to Epub
    I think we should set up a thread for Works In Progress... otherwise we are going to get a lot of duplication of effort.

you can also put another column in your Website beside each titles, about the progress done..

Quote Originally Posted by r_aribawono View Post
    you can also put another column in your Website beside each titles, about the progress done..
    True.... good idea.
    Do you want to discuss "A Step Into The Past" with the other guy working on it? Maybe you can split the effort and save time?
    I can put you in touch with each other if you mail me?