Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu | The Wanderer chronicles

Yun Lei laughed: "You are not drinking but just swallowing….drink a few mouthfuls?"

The scholar was growing tipsy now, he laughed and said: "Today is the day I am most proud of, let me have a hearty swig."

Yun lei said: "what are you proud of?"

The scholar said: "I got it from the place where you paid visit my friend, I got a rarity…. Come, come! Younger brother, I ask you to drink for this!" From the horseback, he took out a paper painting in a flash, hanged it on the top of the twigs and exclaimed: "Behold the sight, isn’t it a rarity?"

Yun Lei was originally from a well educated family, her grandfather was the Ming envoy; her father was also a scholar and devoted to academic interests and was well-read in poetry and literature before reluctantly learning martial arts to rescue his father. Yun Lei was also influenced by her family and was well versed in the literature and art. She saw the painting hanging in the treasure room of Shi Yang but didn’t saw it that clearly but she knew that it was the same painting. It was a painting of landscape with trees and people but without much description and didn’t have some elaborate painting style. The painting was fine but she couldn’t find anything special in it and found it far inferior compared with the ancient landscape painted by masters and in fact laughed in her heart and thought: "This handsome scholar looks refined but isn’t that smart actually." The scholar who was still drinking the wine laughed and said: "You do not see, don’t you find it good then?"

The scholar approached the painting and looked at it for a long time and started singing:
    「誰把蘇杭曲子謳?荷花十里桂三秋。
    那知卉木無情物,牽動長江萬古愁!
    呀,牽--動--長--江--萬--古-愁!」

As he sang the last sentence, he repeated the chant and hummed the tune in melancholy. Yun Lei thought in her heart: "it is an old saying, if a poet sings with his heart and cries the listeners too gets emotional and cries!" In a moment, the scholar was still singing in sad and gloomy song and tears started to flow from his eyes. Yun Lei couldn’t understand the predicament and what’s happening but she also felt extremely sad and started to cry.

The scholar cried and Yun Lei was also crying. Although tears were flowing from her eyes but she thought that this is a strange man, I would like to go and persuade him but he might feel embarrassed; if she left him then it also seemed unreasonable. The more he sang, the sadder she felt and couldn’t stop herself from crying. The scholar glanced at her and suddenly stopped singing. He waited for a moment and suddenly he looked up, turned his back to her and started laughing.

Yun Lei said: "You are drunk? It’s not worth getting troubled?"

The scholar referred to her and said: "You are drunk, not me." Yun Lei looked at herself and saw that tears were dripping on her cloths. For no apparent reason, she cried with him and without realizing laughed at herself.

The scholars too burst out laughing, he said: "The real heroes are mad and eccentric; to cry while singing is not a prevalent custom. When one wants to cry then cry, when wants to laugh then laugh, why be so hypocritical. You and I all are good friends; we shouldn’t care about worldly conventions? "

He slowly moved his hands across the painting and said: "The Yangtze River forever flows to the east, this person has repaid the debt finally after six decades.”

Yun Lei thought in her heart: "Last night this scholar stole the painting from the Blackstone mansion. Shi Ying said something about this painting and six decades. Now this scholar too is mentioning six decades. The numbers coincide but what is the hidden riddle… not to mention that this scholar is only a 20-year-old boy then how is the Shi Ying talking about some feud sixty years old." As she was puzzling over this, she heard the scholar slowly saying: "Today, I am happy and smiling, in fact too happy that I cried but unfortunately I have no wine." He threw the gourd to the ground breaking in four pieces.

Although the scholar was acting weirdly, Yun Lei felt that she liked him, she looked up and saw red is over the sky, Yun Lei said: "friend, Let us part now." Even as she said these words, she felt sad.

The scholar asked: "Where you going? You have to return to Blackstone mansion isn’t it?"

Yun Lei said: "No, I do not have to."

The scholar said with a smile: "You were acting last night, I saw it!"
    Yun Lei thought of the bridal chamber situation last night and was red all over her ears.

The scholar said: "That Miss Shi is a beauty and also good at martial arts, little brother, why don’t you want to marry her?"

Yun lei said: "I would like to or if do not want to, why do you bother?”
    The scholar laughed and said: "If I didn’t have stolen last night then how would you escape Blackstone mansion, shouldn’t you thank me!"

Yun Lei saw him with an amused smile. The scholar said: "You are a real hero, actually one shouldn’t fall into the trap of a beauty….I really admire your concentration, really admire."

Yun Lei had a red face by now, she was afraid that further discussion with the scholar will reveal her true face so she didn’t reply. She took her horse and moved ahead. In a moment, she heard the sound of that precious white horse running after her and she heard the scholar saying: "I have something to say little brother."

Yun Lei slowed a bit and said: "please say."

The scholar came abreast her and said with a smile: "Shi Ying is a very powerful in this Shanxi province. If you move alone then there is a probability that he will catch up with you along with the Sha father and son. I will like to be your bodyguard. "

Yun lei thought for a moment and not yet answered when the scholar asked: "Where are you going?"

Yun Lei replied: "I am going to Beijing."

Scholar said: "This is really good; I am also going to Beijing. Brother lets travel together."

Yun Lei said: "I do not know your name, what is your name? All day I have been calling you elder brother?"

The scholar said: "I am surnamed Zhang, my given name is Dan Feng….the character ‘Dan’ as in red and ‘Feng’ as in maple."

Yun lei laughed and said: "Good elegant name but there are no maples in Mongolia….then how did you get this name?"

The scholar asked: "Younger brother, what is your name?"

Yun Lei said: "My family name is Yun and my given name is Lei, the single character ‘Lei’ as in bud."

The scholar also laughed and said: "What a beautiful name, but sounds a little feminine but also a non-Han most probably from Mongolia. How did you get this name? "

The complexion of Yun lei changed as she asked: "How do you know that I grew up in Mongolia?"

The scholar laughed: "You were well aware of the origins of my wine so why can’t I guess about you?"

Yun Lei thought for a moment and laughed unknowingly and understood that this scholar indeed has good knowledge. They started laughing and talked about astronomy, geography, military affairs and different other matters. The scholar was well aware and Yun Lei was lost the passage of time in her rapt attention. They didn’t realize that it was dusk by now and that scholar said: "There is a small town ahead, we should look for accommodation." Both horses moved swiftly and moments later, they went to the town to find an inn.

The scholar said: "Can we get a room."

Yun Lei urgently said: "We will request two separate rooms."

The innkeeper said: "What do you want…one room or two?"

Yun Lei said: "Two rooms…two!"

Zhang Dan Feng looked at the innkeeper and said with a smile: "Well, we will have two rooms." The innkeeper said "Is it for you two people?"
    Zhan Dan Feng said: "yes…for two of us."

The innkeeper was surprised but he realized that eventually it is his benefit that his two rooms are rented so he smiled and directed them to their rooms and no longer questioned them. He went back to prepare snacks for them.

Zhang Dan Feng followed her to that room and asked with a smile: "Younger brother, I did not want to sound like a miser and we both have money but we have both come together, why don’t we share a room?"
    Yun Lei said: "Elder brother may not know but I am afraid that it’s not safe to be with me."

Zhang Dan Feng said with a smile: "No wonder you refused to share the bridal chamber at Blackstone mansion with Miss Shi." The complexion of Yun Lei changed to red but she didn’t say anything. The scholar also didn’t ask him further. They both ate their dinner and then went back to their rooms for resting.

Yun Lei’s heart was disturbed and she barred the door and the windows tightly shut and didn’t change her clothes. She thought about the scholar's word and couldn’t help herself from smiling. She now no longer was able to hear any sounds from outside and the feelings of tension subsided gradually and she laughed in her heart and thought: "This scholar… though he is wild but is a light-hearted person." Yun Lei has not slept for two nights and unknowingly drop off to sleep. She didn’t know how long did she slept.

Around twilight she saw that scholar approaching her bed, she instantly slashed her sword. Suddenly the scholar screamed and in an instant she was all covered with blood. Yun Lei was extremely shocked and woke up as she heard a bang outside the window, Zhang Dan Feng shouted: "Younger brother, Come!"

Yun Lei rubbed her eyes, listening to the calls of Dan Feng; she was full of surprise and then realized that she was in dream. She again heard the call from Dan Feng and the heard the neighing of horses and the sound of a shrill scream!

Yun Lei jumped up, fortunately she was fully dressed and without delay, she opened the door out. Zhang Dan Feng was running towards the roof and said: "our precious horses had been stolen, run fast and track those thieves!" The horse of Dan Feng was a rare horse and even the war horse of Yun Lei was no ordinary horse, they were both well trained and it was unusual that they let other people to come close enough…especially the horse of Zhang Dan Feng was strong enough but she cannot think of someone who had both these horses stolen. It was clear that the person who had stolen the horses is not some tricky thief but a master in martial arts. She saw that Zhang Dan Feng was acting bravely and didn’t saw any panic on his face.

Thanks for continuing this translation Abhay.

Yun Lei jumped on the roof of the house and said: "can we keep up with them?"

Dan Feng said: "The horses will not help the culprit, we will catch up!" he readily threw a silver coin towards the innkeeper and called out: "This is for the lodging and food." The word has not yet finished and he was already ten feet outside!

Yun Lei followed closely behind him, they were able to see the tracks of the two horses in front of them and they were still able to hear the sound of horses and were able to easily follow them. In the starlight, after sometime they were able to see the red horse of Yun lei in front and the White Horse of Dan Feng just behind. They were both jumping and screaming and were extremely unwilling to walk and were struggling hard.

The two horse thieves wore the same blue clothes, wore some kind of a mask and were holding incense in their hands which was glaring in the darkness. They were pressing down the incense upon the horses; the horses were bearing the pain and struggling hard under the grip of the legs of those two thieves. They were helpless against their captors and ran a while although far less than their usual speed. Zhang Dan Feng and Yun Lei displayed their lightness martial art skills and chased them hard. They couldn’t bear the shrill shrieks of the two horses and shouted towards them.

As soon as the precious white horse heard its master's voice, he started struggling even more strongly even as the thieves kept burning it with incense. Zhang Dan Feng roared loudly, moved closer to them and threw dozens of silver coins towards the two thieves. The two Horse thieves somersaulted in the air as if they had eyes in their back to avoid the coins. Dan Feng only intended to hit the thieves and not the horses so all the coins fell on the ground without hitting anyone. However as soon as the thieves left their saddles, the two horses darted off towards the hills. Zhang Dan Feng and Yun Lei followed; suddenly they heard the two horse thieves laughing and sounded very charming….they realized that both of them were actually women.

Yun Lei looked around and they were in some old neglected cemetery, full of thickets of grass and a cold moist fragrance was hanging in the air. Yun Lei burst out laughing: "Is this a beautiful woman or some ghost is roaming this late at night? There is my horse…let me get them." She jumped towards the hills but suddenly heard someone sweetly saying: "There is a large stolen treasure…come back!"

Yun Lei looked towards the horses; she saw the two horses standing side by side on the hill. They were not moving at all and stood one after the other on the hillside above and neither screamed nor moved. They looked weird under the moonlight. Yun Lei cannot help but screamed, only to hear Zhang Dan Feng sneering: "So these are responsible for this mischief!"
    Yun Lei concentrated and had a closer look this time, in the hills above, she also saw the four merchants standing close to these horses too. These were the same jewel merchants she saw at the Blackstone mansion. They were standing a step down the stairs and looked like some wooden sculpture.

Yun Lei was relived as she came closer. In the martial art realm, there were some horse thieves who used a special technique to seal the acupuncture point on the legs of the horses. These were normally used to control the wild horses that have a tendency to bolt. She thought that these four jewelers were bitter about their humiliation on that night and are retaliating by stealing the horses; Although she knew that they might be difficult to handle but now knew for certainty that they are not ghosts and did not panicked.

She shouted at those four people: "Last night, I unlocked your acupuncture points and helped you, why did you steal my horse?"
    Those four jeweler merchants stood still and did not replied. Suddenly they heard a voice: "Guest has come? Take him into the tomb!" The voice came from some underground faraway place seemed close. Yun Lei was surprised and thought that "sound transmission into the secret" technique is using pure internal strength, really difficult to apply. Although the enemy was not a ghost but he sounded more terrible than the ghosts!
    As soon as the voice stopped, the two women who led them to this place came towards them. Yun Lei was only able to see their eyes as they were both wearing a mask. They had flaring blue eyes, obviously they didn’t looked like Han women. The two women bend their knees to salute and said: "Please…! First of all, we didn’t want to hurt the horses."

The other woman said: "They are pretty stubborn and loyal; please don’t be offended otherwise we would not be able to lead you here."
    Yun Lei saw that they are still quite polite and asked:" Who are your masters?" The woman turned with a smile and said:" Yes…aaah! I forget the customs and etiquette of martial art realm. Sister, please deliver the token from our masters!" the other woman turned and handed him two pieces of a skeleton skull. The complexion of Zhang Dan Feng changed as he saw these.

Yun Lei pretended to be calm and said: "This is a quite unusual token."
    The two women smiled and the former led the way.

Zhang Dan Feng quickly said in Yun Lei’s ear: "You must quickly escape…their masters are Hei Mohe (Black Maha) and Bai Mohe (white Maha)!"
    Yun Lei thought in her heart: "As soon as she heard Black and White Maha… She remembered Zhou Shanmin said that these two are the most horrible eccentric people in the present martial art realm. It is said that their father was an Indian merchant who came to Tibet for business and married a Tibetian woman. Later she gave birth to twins, one was actually black and another was white and they looked really weird. The Sanskrit word for devil was "Maha", so the elder was named the Black Maha and the younger White Maha."
    The father of Black and White Maha was an expert of famous Indian martial arts. The two of them both studied the martial arts of India from him but also learnt the Tibetan and Mongolian fighting skills and had thus very strange martial art skills. After leaving Tibet, they travelled for about ten years and went to Turkey. Finally it is said that they settled in Guangzhou and later married the daughters of a rich Persian merchant, so the family was well proficient in several languages: Hindi, Chinese, Farsi, Mongolian and Tibetan.

This family is highly unpredictable and appears and disappears in the martial art realm. They are always in middle of events regarding some rare treasures. It was not known who exactly was the source of information but it is said that maybe some bandits and thieves were helping him or some intermediate officials are passing information or they were torturing people to get the information and then executed them. So everyone in the martial art realm were circumspect about these two people and regarded them as a desperate rebels. As to why they were often in the vicinity of rare jewelry, everybody has a different opinion. Some would say that is for stealing, some said that they are legitimate diamond dealers but in the end no one dared to accuse them directly.

In fact, they were neither big thief, nor a legitimate businessman. They in fact specialized in a peculiar type of business; they used to buy and sell the rare jewelry from the specialized thieves and sold them in Persia or India. These specialized thieves are people who used to steal some rare jewelry and work alone. They had excellent martial arts and usually if a single person is involved then the chances of things going wrong will be minimal. It is embarrassing for these people to sell the jewelry in open market so people like White and Black Maha came in the picture. They will buy the jewelry and sell it overseas so there would be no risk of detection. So some of the most powerful martial art experts were this kind of solo thief and had secret dealings with the Black and White Maha. Shi “Thunder” Ying was one such person who did most of his transactions with Black and White Maha. Yun Lei had already seen that night these four merchants who were in fact buying on behalf of Black and White Maha but obviously she was not aware of the inside dealings.

Zhang Dan Feng saw the skull bones and immediately recognized the sign of black and white Maha so he quietly called Yun Lei to escape, unexpectedly Yun Lei smiled and said: "You told me that you will be my bodyguard…isn’t it? Now how can I run away even if you are still here?"
    Zhang Dan Feng thought that she did not know the powers and origin of these two and explained it to her, he had said a few word only when the two Persian women came back close to them. He was troubled in his heart and thought: “You did not know the two devil's martial art skills are amazing!

In fact Yun Lei did not know but she also did not wanted to leave him alone in the danger. The two Persian women first approached the rocks through the neglected cemetery. Soon they found themselves in front of a huge and ancient tomb. They heard a sound from the tomb: "So you came with these two little babies?"

The Persian woman said with laughter: "The little dolls are bold and courageous!" the voice said: "So, put them in!"

The Persian woman moved her hands to some secret mechanism and they heard a click sound accompanied by some rolling sounds. Zhang Dan Feng suddenly transported his internal energy on the door and it opened with a bang sound. He laughed and said: "Do not bother, I have come."

They entered the underground tomb. As they entered in, they saw that the tomb hall door was magnificently furnished, it looked more like an underground palace, the hall was about 12 human arms wide and several oil lanterns were burning very brightly. The ventilation of this underground palace was very good and they didn’t felt any discomfort.

Thanks Abhay.

Thanks Abhay for the hard work.

It looks like Dan Feng is one of those protagonist that are good in martial arts, smart, but couldn't figure out that his little brother companion is actually a woman. Perhaps Yun Lei does look like a guy

Yun Lei looked at hall; several marble tables were arrayed on which sat the two eccentric brothers… curly hair, hooked nose, black and white Maha sitting side by side. On both sides sat those four jewelers. Yun Lei thought in her heart: "So the original entrance of this tomb is through some other place too."

Black and white Maha asked: "Who is the person who stole the treasure?"
    One Jeweler said: "That is the older one…the younger person is the son-in-law of Shi Ying and he did not get involved, he even helped to unlock our acupuncture points."

Black Maha nodded, pointed at Yun Lei and said: "You stand over the side!"

Yun Lei said: "He and I are coming together, why should I stand on the other side?"

White Maha frowned and said: "I do not know good or bad baby." He didn’t look at her after saying this.

Black Maha pointed at Zhang Dan Feng and said: "You're a good bold large doll….you dare to enter the Blackstone mansion and steal precious treasure. You have also broken my door; you think you can mess with us?"
    Dan Feng laughed and said: "How long have you been in China?"

The black and white Maha asked angrily: "What do you mean?"

Dan Feng said: "You may have heard the proverb “Injustice will be avenged, debts will be paid”? I have no enmity with you Maha brothers…I stole the treasure from Shi Ying...let him come and ask me…why do you bother with other people stuff regardless of the fact that Shi Ying might have asked you to come here. "

The complexion of black and white Maha changed, they only heard Dan Feng saying: "You stole my horse, How strange is that I smash your door? One can also say that this is the place for the dead not you! "
    Black Maha said:" Well, you better take care of your mouth and then talk. "

Dan Feng smiled and said: "You can only control people? I see you shut the door…better shut up yourself and get out of this place!"
    White Maha said: "What?"

Dan Feng said: "This tomb must have belonged to some king or prince?"
    White Maha said: "Of a former king …?"

Dan Feng said: “The saying goes, shut the door then pretend to be a emperor:.. You shut the door and can also act like an absolute monarch…but don’t forget that you can impersonate a king my friends but it doesn’t make you one."

The black and white Maha were now deeply furious by his tirade and couldn’t think anything else to talk. They suddenly moved from their seats and dashed straight towards Dan Feng. The four hands moved together to grab Dan Feng.

Yun Lei exclaimed but suddenly saw a white light like a flash. The sword of Zhang Dan Feng waved like a white rainbow.

Black and White Maha cried: "Good baby!" She saw both of them moving away from his sword range.

Zhang Dan Feng laughed and said: "Ha, ha! Wonderful, wonderful! Black and white Maha are attacking a boy together …what’s the big deal!"
    As soon as he said these words, they saw black and white Maha suddenly somersaulting and went back to their original seat and looked embarrassed. They didn’t intend to attack this young boy together but provoked by his relentless tirade, both of them couldn’t keep their calm and attacked. Originally they were treating Zhang Dan Feng as a young boy with limited ability but after a single move by him, they realized that they have underestimated him.

The sword movement of Zhang Dan Feng was very fast, the two brothers approached towards him suddenly trying to grab him. Although Dan Feng managed to avoid getting grabbed but still they managed to get hold of his gown and tore a piece of it. On the other hand, Dan Feng retaliated as swiftly with his sword move and trimmed away a piece the head dress along with a chunk of hair of Black Maha. The brothers tried to bully the young by attacking sneakily but ended up unsuccessful.

Black Maha looked at Dan Feng and said: "Good swordsmanship, we almost fell prey to this sword." His tone has changed considerably now and he was no longer saying him "doll" or “baby” now but treated him as an equal.
    Dan Feng smiled and said: "Are you two coming together to fight with me or will it be a one to one fight? What is victory ...what is loss…you two can come and fight me!"

Black Maha said angrily: "You two both can fight …we are not taking advantage."

The black and white Maha were martial art experts, Dan Feng was willing to fight alone with them but he didn’t want Yun lei to fight them. He immediately said: "It has nothing to do with my brother here… I am the one you are looking for."

Black Maha said: "Well, I can have a contest of strength with you." He turned at Yun Lei and said: "however you two came along together with the intent of helping each other."

White Maha said: "Very good… very good, if you two can join then I can also accompany you in this contest of strength."

Dan Feng urgently said: "No, no, I am a man who will duel with you!"

Black Maha exclaimed: "How can you rebuff this idea? I will fight with you, if your brother doesn’t come in the fight then my brother also won’t join me, this is not simple…do you agree? "

Yun Lei had yet to speak when Dan Feng said urgently: "My good brother, let me try, please don’t come in the fight."

Black Maha put his hand in the coffin and took out a jade stick from inside and said: "Good, now if I win then I will take your precious white horse."
    Dan Feng said: “And if you lose…?"

Black Maha said: "If I lost then you will be the master of this place. This tomb is not just a tomb but is also one of the treasure caves of black and white Maha. The treasure kept here are priceless, Black Maha always gives a level playing field…is it fair?

Dan Feng laughed said: "Who wants to be a master of this ghost cave?"
    Black Maha said: "What do you wish?"

Dan Feng said: "Just cure my horse."

Black Maha also laughed and said: "This is very easy but I believe in fair gamble, I do not want to take advantage of you. Your treasure against my treasure… the value is hard to distinguish but is indeed very high! "
    The gown of Zhang Dan Feng was already torn by Black Maha. It was looking pretty ugly; he straightened his clothing and smile to say: "I would become a beggar then."

He moved his hand and tore off his gown and removed it revealing a corset gown, the upper body was a beautiful piece with amazing embroidered vest. The two embroidered dragon battling on the sea waves illuminated in the lights of lanterns and looked even more majestic.
    Yun Lei looked at it and thought in her heart: "Ohhh…this is such exquisite Suzhou embroidery!"

Dan Feng moved towards Black Maha and said: "After you!" Black Maha smiled, even his politeness seems satisfactory.

Thanks Abhay.

Abhay, Thanks for the translation.

Thank you for translation.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Abhay sir, hope to get diwali treat in the form of translation..

Thanks for starting this translation. Will add this to. Y must read list. Btw, is there anyone who plans to help abhay complete this?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Will be posting something soon..don't know how long I will be able to continue... Let's see!

The sixth chapter
    聯劍懲凶奇招啟疑竇 抽絲剝繭密室露端倪

Black Maha wielded the bright green jade stick and attacked at the Zhang Dan Feng.
    Dan Feng used his sword to strike that Jade stick…a high pitched clear sound reverberated as the two weapons collided. It looked as two white light and green light are mutually intertwined. Yun Lei looked surprised as this choice of weapon and thought: “So this devil actually uses a jade stick for fighting!”

The two people were locked in a stalemate as they matched the internal strength of each other. The sword of Zhang Dan Feng was attached to the jade stick and did not moved black Maha was also actually scolding and wanted to pull out his sword but was not able to do so. The two people were stuck together like a nail in the ground, locked in a stalemate with hardship. In a few moments, one can see volumes of sweat trickling down the two people.
    Yun Lei wanted to say: “Let’s talk this matter; you both will injure yourself?”

Suddenly she heard a loud cry and saw Black Maha rising high up in the air, he was still holding the jade stick but now he was hanging in the air, the jade stick looked as if it is an extension of the sword of Zhang Dan Feng.

Yun Lei was surprised and wondered: “What kind of a martial art is this?”
    Zhang Dan Feng yelled: “sneaky fellow…you show such a treachery!”

Yun Lei was surprised and was just about to draw her sword but saw two people to separate quickly, moving suddenly in opposite direction. She heard Zhang Dan Feng to laugh and saying: “Is all right, all right! Originally you are an old donkey; you just keep running for half of the day but couldn’t compete truly! Ha, ha! You only have some surprising tricks to amuse people but actually do not have original skills to fight…you can still run away! Ha, ha, ha!”
    The laughter has not finished when black Maha came up in anger and started yelling at him anger: “Boy…don’t act recklessly!”

The Black Maha soared in the air and the green jade stick moved like thunder strike towards Zhang Dan Feng’s forehead, the oncoming force was both ferocious and strange. Yun Lei listened to Zhang Dan Feng and wanted to laugh out loud but just as soon as she saw that fierce attack, she shut her mouth and could only watch in amazement!

She heard Zhang Dan Feng suddenly laugh again and called out: “Baby is trying to hit this old horse's head!”

The footsteps were motionless but he ducked quickly to avoid the jade stick and was quickly back to his original position as soon as the jade stick missed its intended target. Zhang Dan Feng immediately counter-attacked in the same move and slashes at the arm of Black Maha with his sword.
    Originally the two people were competing in internal energy and Dan Feng was able to engage Black Maha and was even winning but Black Maha actually used a technique from the western regions called “grinding the stone to gain merit” and extricated himself. Zhang Dan Feng was circumspect about facing him in open fight as he knew that this person is well adept in several martial art techniques from India and other western regions. Although Zhang Dan Feng has not been injured but was actually quite surprised and thought in his heart: “I am unable to take advantage in this move and he managed to actually withdraw…this duel could be heading for a long fight.” Since he was not able to take advantage in fight, he therefore intentionally ridiculed Black Maha to provoke him. When Zhang Dan Feng initially entered this tomb, Black Maha looked down upon him and said “big baby” and other insults, so after watching him retreat Zhang Dan Feng called him “baby” to deride him and also to enrage him.

Black Maha was full of anger; he really wanted to shut up this youngster so he attacked at him with a very fierce move. Who would have thought that when top martial art experts compare their skills, the more dangerous an offensive move is, the more vulnerable the attacker is himself. When Black Maha attacked his forehead with his jade stick, Zhang Dan Feng kept his calm and remained static on his place and avoided his attack but his counter attack was highly effective. His sword moved towards the arms of Black Maha. Everyone who saw this move was pretty sure that despite the martial art skills of black Maha, his arm will be truncated by that sword!

Who would have thought that Black Maha had knowledge of various martial art and arcane skills of China, Turkey and India. He has practiced the Indian technique of yoga, his whole body was supple as if characterless; he can expand or contract his muscle at will.
    Zhang Dan Feng was happy that this time he will succeed in defeating him however his sword slid past his arm without connecting. Black Maha swept his arm behind unexpectedly and somersaulted to stand in front of him immediately but Zhang Dan Feng was able to see a vicious cut in his arm and blood flowing profusely.

Black Maha was fuming in anger and yelled: “Young fellow, I and you are not finished yet!” he jumped quickly and attacked with his hand and foot and also brandished his jade stick, all attacking at different acupuncture points, his jade pointing at Zhang Dan Feng’s pubic region! This move was extremely unorthodox and strange in technique but not in power and ferocity!

Zhang Dan Feng moved his sword like wind, within a blink of eye, he counter-attacked with several moves but saw that black Maha was still holding the diving posture and was jumping time to time. Sometimes he would stand upright on the ground but still using his hand and sword along with his foot to attack with the jade stick moved swishing in air with tremendous strength.

Yun Lei held her breath and her eyes were fixed on the fight. She could see Zhang Dan Feng still arguing and provoking Black Maha with a smiling face, his entire body it seemed as if was covered under green light but a white light was moving relentlessly to protect him. The moves were too quick for Yun lei to truly understand. If the green jade stick attacked the eastern flank then the white sword light was there to subdue it for a moment then counterattacks from the other flank. The green light moved viciously but it looked as if it was gobbled up by the white light. Black Maha went on full offensive like a crazy thunderstorm but had not moved even a half step. He was employing all his strange martial art skills from western regions but even after about 100 moves, he cannot seek a flaw in the moves of his opponent. White Maha covetously looked from the side but couldn’t engage in the fight unless Yun lei steps in.

The two people were again in a strange strategic move assaulting each other but in a stalemate with no one having any edge over other. It was early morning now and some sunlight was coming from the door Zhang Dan Feng broke earlier. They were now able to hear the sounds of chicken moves wildly outside the tomb and chirping of birds from nearby forest.

Black Maha was anxious as the battle was protracted, his assaults were getting fiercer however Zhang Dan Feng still remained unmoved as if his heel were nailed in the ground and he didn’t move back even a single step but his sword kept moving like a torrents in a river, dignified and natural even in chaos!

Thank you, Abhay, for continuing this translation.

Yun Lei was dazzled by this duel and in heart expressed admiration for Zhang Dan Feng. She has learnt her martial art skills from “Flying lady dragon” Ye Ying Ying, although she was only 17 years old, she has actually studied martial arts for last ten years.

The sword skills of Ye Ying Ying were one of the best in the present martial art realm. She had thorough knowledge of various sect’s martial art skills so even in this tender age, Yun Lei can be considered a “big expert”, so long as others put out a move or two, she could easily know the origin of the martial arts. However when see the martial art skill of Zhang Dan Feng earlier, even though the skill looked a familiar but she couldn’t distinguish the origin of his skills. Each sect has its own technique and strategic moves and are either entirely different or share some traits but she was surprised that she couldn’t recognize it!

Now when she looked at his fighting skills then she had a strange feeling that she did recognize some of the moves of this set of swordsmanship earlier but couldn’t place it. Yun Lei considered carefully and concluded that obviously she has not studied this set of swordsmanship or seen it earlier moreover she also never listened her master talking about this kind of strange swordsmanship…it in itself was so subtle in nature that she felt that she has some connection to this sword skill?

She also found the sword skill of Black Maha wonderful and strange but Dan Feng was able to match him with awesome display of swordsmanship. She was not able to analyze each move of Dan Feng as she watched carefully and was amazed by it. She couldn’t find any words but she was both extremely happy and filled with admiration for him.

Yun Lei was concentrating completely on the sword moves of Dan Feng, suddenly a sudden thought flashed in her mind as she watched the sword skills of Zhang Dan Feng. She suddenly understood that the this set of swordsmanship is entirely different from what she has studied but actually resembles it….it looked as if her own sword skills are complement to this sword skill…like a pair of twin brothers, the moves can couple and they can only become complete when they are together!

At this time Yun Lei became absent minded and had some recalled some past events in close succession. In the hall, Black Maha and Zhang Dan Feng, were still involved in a fierce combat but she actually was not paying much attention to them but was remembering a incident before she descended the mountain and had a talk with her master.

This was New Year's Eve night. In Northern Sichuan on the Xiaohan Mountain, there was a stone building near the mountain peak. In a room in that stone building, a middle-aged female was sitting in the center of the room. The room as about 12 arms long and several butter candles were lit in from of extended circles. The middle aged lady was in fact the “Flying lady dragon” Ye Ying Ying and sitting front of her was a young innocent looking Yun lei. The room was filled food and wine but it was not actually a celebration of the New Year's eve but this joyful banquet was in fact the farewell dinner for her apprentice, Yun Lei. She had been her disciple for past ten years and now tomorrow she will descend the mountain.

Yun Lei has already heard about the intense and deep-seated hatred and enmity of her family with Zhang Zhongzhou, however she does not want to descend the mountain for revenge but when her master gave a farewell dinner for her tonight, she found it strange. She didn’t understand why she gave this farewell on New Year's Eve for her and not before? On one side Yun Lei listened to the injunction of master and at the same time in the heart she was also apprehensive and the doubts surfaced on her face too.

Ye Ying Ying was well aware of the predicament of her disciple and looked pensive too, she drank three big cups of wine and sighed suddenly and said: “This night will complete the year, one more year when he didn’t returned. 12 years ago I have sent off a person, no…had driven away a person, tonight I must ask you to leave.”

Yun Lei heard her without reason and did not dare to ask. Ye Ying Ying sighed and calmly looked at Yun Lei and said: “Most likely you will go to Mongolia, from now on if you see a person then ask him that I have called him to come back.”
    Yun Lei asked: “What person?”

Ye Ying Ying heard her asking and cannot help laughing and blushing at the same time. She drank another cup of wine and said in a low voice: “My third elder brother, Xie Tianhua.”

Yun Lei said: “Third master Xie Tianhua? Is he in Mongolia, he went to avenge my grandfather and assassinate Zhang Zongzhou?”
    Ye Ying Ying said: “He went to Mongolia about ten years ago; this matter is actually a bit different. He left me here 12 years ago tonight. His martial arts is excellent and he is quick-witted, he said that he will take revenge for your grandfather then he will do it. However so much time has passed and we have no information about him.”

Yun Lei said: “Why don’t we have any information about him after ten years?”

Ye Ying Ying sighed and said: “I guessed that he did not want to return.”

Yun Lei asked: “Why?”

Ye Ying Ying changed the thread of conversation gracefully and suddenly said: “I have studied the swordsmanship of several sects and have thoroughly understood it but there is one set of sword skills I have not seen….this is actually weird?”

Yun Lei said: “There are many of big sects and schools in the martial art realm…what’s weird if you haven’t seen one.”

The next words of her master really made Yun Lei surprised, her master said: “That sword skill is our own sect’s swordsmanship!”

In this ancient tomb hall, the candle shades were swinging and Yun Lei thought about the past events with rapt attention. As the candlelight sways, she couldn’t help but remember the face of her master. She had such a painful expression on her face full of regret and guilt.

Yun lei asked: “This is strange”.

Ye Ying said: “At that time I also found it very strange; then I asked my master Xuanzi Yishi.

He replied: ‘You do not need to know; now you only study your own set of sword skill. Although your martial art skill is also a unique style but it is only one half of the set of swordsmanship.'

I asked again however my master “First under the heaven swordsman” Xuanzi Yishi was man of unusual temperament. His knowledge was extremely abundantly but his unconventional original creations were two sets of swordsmanship called the “thousand waves to the sea” and “Yin and yang double sword skill”. Master has inherited different sets of martial art skills to all of disciples.

He said: 'I have studies diligently for many years and have created this set of sword skill and it can’t be given to any one person. If I compare the Yin sword skill then its character is like a dragon and this Yang sword skill can be compared to a phoenix. However if you put a young dragon and a phoenix together, it will be a disaster!”

Yun Lei was lost in thought when she suddenly heard Zhang Dan Feng laughing suddenly and Black Maha yelling in anger!

Suddenly Yun Lei was awake and she saw Zhang Dan Feng and black Maha still exchanging moves. The black Maha moved the jade stick horizontally to sweep across but unexpectedly did not strike and instead changed the move and tried to puncture the midrib of Zhang Dan Feng. The two people traded one more move but did not dare to take risk and fight in haste and impatience and refused to compromise there.

The sword wind was ferocious; the candlelight swayed and Yun lei thought: “Is it possible that the sword skill of Zhang Dan Feng is the same set of swordsmanship, my master had never seen? Is he a disciple of master’s third elder brother Xie Tianhua? His swordsmanship…it was exquisite and his sword skills were deep and emphatic, obviously he was disciple of some famous teacher. About ten years ago, master’s third elder brother Xie Tianhua went to Mongolia to take revenge for my grandfather but he never came back. Is it possible that when he arrived in Mongolia, he immediately accepted this person as his disciple and taught him the martial art skills for all these years?”

She recalled that her master’s elder brother Dong Yue sent a letter to “Golden blade swordsman” Zhou Jian, he wrote: “I have heard that my third brother has been caught by the enemy and is in house arrest.” However it was highly unlikely that he will accept an apprentice in the Mongolian imperial palace….this was hard to fathom, even if he drew back and was somehow forced to accept an apprentice, he will never accept a Mongolian as him disciple. What's all this about?”

Yun Lei thought a lot but couldn’t think of a solution. She thought: “My master was really fascinated by the abilities of her third elder brother and probably liked her but he went to Mongolia to take revenge for my grandfather, this enmity is still not resolved for more than ten years now. Zhang Zongzhou is still giving orders in Mongolia now but third master’s whereabouts are still unknown….Master, you are quite pitiful!”

She unconsciously recalled the conversation on that New Year’s Eve. She could still clearly remember the facial expression for her master. Actually the alcohol capacity of her master was good but after drinking several large cups of wine, she was drunk now. Suddenly she saw a sword mark of interlocked flower on her arm unexpectedly. The master sobbed and said: “A’Lei, a person should not be willful…if one is a good person but still is willful then he will end up making mistakes and will regret it for the rest of his life. 12 years ago, I have expelled your third master on this same New Year's Eve…now I am grieving for him… it like an old wound which never heals and the pain is unbearable.

She drew her blue treasured sword, and stroked it against her arm. She drew a new petal on her arm. The pain in her arm was intense but the pain in her heart was still not less. The blood soaked her arm but she said: “Isn’t it beautiful?”
    Yun Lei saw the flower on her arm and could count 12 petals on the flower and understood one for each year Third master has left.

She heard her master saying: “You are here for about ten years now, you are not aware of this incident. About 13 years ago, I was also more or less same like you…a young girl who believed in good deed, however I tried to outdo others and was much more willful than you, I did not know this at that time and anyone hardly knows about himself…it’s only in hindsight that one can analyze one’s acts and behavior. My master refused to tell me about the sword skill of third brother and forbid us to share the knowledge. We used to practice the sword skills continually but separately and the prohibition rule of master was far more stricter…I got more curious about the other sword skill…we both share the sentiments like brother and sister but were not willing to disclose our sword skills to each other”.

She continued: “Master had a total of five disciples, your father Yun Cheng did not completed his apprenticeship and left for Mongolia; however we four people each practiced different set of skill in martial art skills and left however we all were in constant touch with each other. I several times compelled third brother to share his sword skill with me but he was not willing to reveal, actually I did not really wanted to learn that swordsmanship but was just curious about it. He was usually completely submissive to me and never refused me for anything but when we talked about martial art skills then he became silent. On that New Year's Eve, he visited me to the XiaoHan mountain…I again pestered him for to reveal his sword skills but he was exactly same, he smiled but did not speak.

I was angry and scolded: “you always say how you like me…this is entirely false.”

His facial complexion changed, all of a sudden he was pale, his lips moved as if he wanted to say something but didn’t uttered a word. In my anger I drew out this deep blue treasured sword and stabbed him in his chest. My original intention was to compel him to draw his sword to resist, with the aim of spying out his sword skills but who would have thought that he does not resist unexpectedly, my sword stabbed at him and by the time I realized it was almost on his chest, I slanted the sword but still couldn’t avoid him and stabbed open a long wound on his arm. Blood dropped bit by bit in the snow-white area and looked as if a pure white non-flawed gem is inlaid with red beans. I did not expect this and raised my sword to look at him dumbly and suddenly cannot speak. He left the room and called out someone and even did not wrap his wound.

After several days were passed, my master Xuanji Yishi arrived on the Xiaohan Mountain personally, he was full of anger and almost executed me; however eldest brother came up and asked to forgive me. So finally my master forgave me but actually punished me to face the wall to think of my faults and stay in this Xiaohan Mountain for 15 years. In these 15 years, I cannot descend this mountain and moreover he wanted me to complete two matters: I must practice the Ying sword skill to perfection. He commanded me to find him after I have completed the study of this martial art skill.

Now 12 years have passed, I have practiced this sword skills but I cannot say if I have perfected it yet.”

Yun Lei knew that her master Ye Ying Ying has been practicing this sword skill and thus passed that skill to her. She only heard her master also saying: “Elder fellow apprentice Dong Yue and I are really good friends, three years after this incident, he came back to visit me. He was sent by our master to handle a matter in Mongolian and Tibetan frontier and had just come back from Tibet at that time. Soon before leaving he was leaving again, he came here and asked me to be patient and practice martial art skills on this XiaoHan mountain, he said that perhaps it is a blessing in disguise. I asked: “How is it so?”
    He said: 'You knew why the master refused you to give the Yang sword skills to you or forbid you to learn the same from third brother and why was he so angry after this matter?'

Actually, it's a good question: why did Xuanzi Yishi forbid Xie Tianhua to reveal his sword skill to Ye Ying Ying, since this skill was complimentary to hers? I'm looking forward for the next part of translation to get the answer. Thanks, Abhay, for your work.

I said: 'Master handles affairs in his own way…how I can know his intention? However he mentioned to me once that that these two sets of swordsmanship can be compared to a young dragon and phoenix. If they are put together prematurely then it will lead to calamity. These allegorical words sound wonderful but I did not understand much.'

The elder fellow apprentice smiled, said: 'You may know that more than 20 years ago, Master once fought for the place of martial arts world hegemony with a devil at the summit of Emei. They fought for three nights but were not able to make any distinction between victory and defeat. '

I said: 'I know.'

He said: 'This devil was called Shangguan Tianye, he suddenly went into seclusion after this fight and no one has even a trace about his whereabouts. For more than 20 years, master did not feel relieved about this matter and finally asked me to go to the Mongolian and Tibetan frontier and look for the news of this person and find his whereabouts.'

I asked: 'Such being the case…this devil is really fierce, if you are looking for him and he knew it then it won’t be good?'
    The elder fellow apprentice said with a smile: 'That devil and our master are from the same generation, this person is extremely proud. He would feel embarrassed to fight with us juniors.'

I listen to his so view and felt relieved, but still did not know that how this matter is related to the matter of master giving separate sword skills to me and third brother?

Then I asked this question to elder fellow apprentice, he smiled and said: 'I guessed that master’s intention is that he wants you to cope with this devil along with third brother and defeat him. It will be a matter of pride for him that even though he was not able to defeat him personally but his disciples were able to defeat him.'

I was scared and said: 'Our martial art skills can’t be compared to master, it’s like light of glow compared to the splendor of livelihood…simply there is no comparison at all. Even the master was not able to defeat this devil…how can we do it, surely isn't it an invitation for death? Elder brother, are you joking?'

The fellow apprentice laughed and said: 'Just think about it, if master does not have belief then how he can send you to your death. This is the big mystery… you are extremely bright, can't you guess?'”

I remain perplexed and after much thought and then said: “it is not fully incorrect”.

The big fellow apprentices said: 'Master has created this Ying and yang sword skills after much deliberation…it is the results of master’s half a lifetime, he had roamed the martial art for several years and finally created it with much pain and struggle. These two sets of swordsmanship will dominate the martial art world. If they combine and complement one another, then it will be unmatched in the world! What is more wonderful is that this set of swordsmanship is opposite yet complementary…it does not need to coordinate with the opposite party practice in advance and is naturally flawless. Therefore I guessed that the master did not want you both to have knowledge of each other’s sword skills, he feared that if you had known the other sword skill then unavoidably it will divert attention.

If you two are studying separately then if a normal person will see then will find your sword skill limited. These two sets of swordsmanship are complexly incomparable, if one has to study a set then he must vow with single-hearted devotion for a period of over ten years time.

If one concurrently studies two sets then it’s unlikely that he can reach the pinnacle. Moreover these two sets of swordsmanship, both sword skills are self sufficient in their own and doesn’t rely on the other therefore it really does not need to study concurrently. Second reason is that Shangguan Tianye’s ability has really transcended the mortal world, although the master wants to restrain his swordsmanship but also feared that he will knew in advance.'

As soon as I listened to elder fellow apprentice’s view, I comprehended master’s fear for us. He knew that we both roam in the martial art realm together and flaunt our sword skills then invariably we will draw attention of this powerful enemy…if this Shangguan Tianye knows in advance then he might guard at that time. After the elder fellow apprentice spoke these words, he left me and then went again the Mongolian and Tibetan frontier. About ten years ago, third brother Xie Tianhua too went to Mongolia, although I knew that this pair of sword when combine will complement and will be a formidable sword technique but I have actually neither seen it.”

This story told by Ye Ying Ying flashed through the mind of Yun Lei as she saw Zhang Dan Feng fighting with Black Maha. In her mind, she has now innumerable suspicions; her heart was in turmoil and thought in her mind: “What if this young boy is actually using the Yang sword skill…should I help him to subdue these black and white Maha or should I leave them alone?”

She heard black Maha yelling fiercely at Zhang Dan Feng as the situation turned in favor of Dan Feng. Black Maha now was looking as formidable as earlier and the ferocity of his wild attacks looked subdued now, his jade stick movement was looking strenuous as if he was trying to pull thousand catties of some heavy items.

Zhang Dan Feng had edge now, he slashed his sword horizontally towards his chest, his facial expressions were dignified and he was probably concentrating extremely hard to break down the defense of the black Maha. The moves of these two people were considerable slow…

It seemed as if tranquility has returned after a torrential rain and thunderstorms however this was more of a contest of internal strength ability now, each and every gesture and motions now were containing infinite murderous intention. Although Zhang Dan Feng’s swordsmanship was wonderful but the sword light was moving around the periphery only and was actually not able to penetrate the jade cold brightness, Yun Lei looked at this fight and it was apparent that Black Maha was right now focusing on defense only and his entire martial art skills were just able to hold the sword of Dan Feng.

At this time the sun has risen up in the sky, light was pouring from that grave door opened by Zhang Dan Feng and the beautiful embroidered silk was dazzling in sunlight. The sunlight was slightly disadvantageous for Zhang Dan Feng…Black Maha took advantage of this situation and compelled Dan Feng to fight in tighter circles. He brandished the jade stick, each move sent out clamps of sound like faint wind and thunder.

Soon the sword light around Zhang Dan Feng was shrinking and was only circling slowly above the top of his. Black Maha gives a loud shout and slashed his jade stick to turn toward Zhang Dan Feng’s skull to pound fiercely.

Yun lei cried: “It is not good!” Without hesitation, she threw three plum blossom darts Zhang Dan Feng yelled: “My worthy brother leave quickly!” But he saw the dart flew like lightening and then just disappearing without a trail as Black Maha moved his sword to intercept those darts instead of attacking Dan Feng.

White Maha laughed in extreme delight and relief as if he was waiting for this moment for a long time. He gathered his internal energy to laugh out wildly and flew towards Yun lei. He extended his palm to grasp her head.

Yun Lei moved quickly and backhandedly swiped with her sword as she felt the palm of White Maha connecting with body. In a moment they were again ten feet apart. She moved her treasured blue sword and stood in an offensive stance and casted a sidelong glance at White Maha. She saw him taking out a jade stick and moving towards her. Originally these two people traded one move just now, White Maha had not known that Yun lei had a sword on her shoulder, he tried to attack her but she immediately swiped with her sword and despite the fact that he was able to hit her…both were fortunate that they evaded the opposite party full strength….White Maha received the sword cut and got his palm wounded and have almost spent the force when he hit Yu Lei or she would have lost in just one move.

White Maha now did not dare to pull rank; he extracted his precious jade stick to cope with Yun Lei’s treasured sword. White and Black Maha’s jade stick were fetched from India, they were special products and made of jade. The skills of White Maha was by far better than Yun Lei, his stick swept like a thunder…Yun lei did not dare to meet it head on and executed a move “beautiful woman throws feather”, evades the stick by slanting her body and attacked with her sword. White Maha was very fierce; he brandished his jade stick and attacked Yun Lei. This jade stick was close to seven feet long and he waved it steadily in a ten feet surrounding area, one cannot avoid the strength of his attack, Yun Lei displayed her lightness martial art and her exquisite moves to flee here and there and was several times within inches away from that stick.

Yun Lei got rid of him and moved closer to Zhang Dan Feng suddenly. Originally although the skill of Zhang Dan Feng as compared to black Maha was slightly inferior but he was able to protect himself because of his exquisite swordsmanship. He was fighting in tighter circle just now and was using the strength of sword to match the internal strength of Black Maha… although Black Maha was fighting fiercely but was not able to gain much upper hand during this entire fight.

The two brothers were in a state of turmoil for such a long time, White Maha was highly frustrated as he saw his brother fight and couldn’t help him. They have such big reputation in the martial art realm; they fight fairly and wanted to punish this young boy for his impetuousness but couldn’t get past his defense. Unexpectedly Yun lei interfered in the fight and gave the brothers a mighty boost and they both felt as if they are out of trouble.

Zhang Dan Feng in his heart was severely troubled now: “he thought that if I fight one-to-one then I might handle these brothers but the martial art of Yun Lei is far inferior to that of White Maha.” He saw with own eyes that Yun Lei was in a critical situation and got more anxious, he brushed the opponent’s sword and changed from defensive to offensive, he attacked with great internal strength and tried to force Black Maha back. He knew perfectly well that if these two people collaborate then it will be even hard for them but things have gotten to this point that he cannot back down. He thought in his heart: “Yun Lei…I stepped in the danger, why don’t you abandon me and escape.”

Zhang Dan Feng moved his body and sword together, moved fast like wind and took a diving posture to rescue. Black Maha laughed to call out: “Do your two babies also want to run away now?”

He was struggling hard and looked anxiously towards Yun Lei and saw her coming towards him. Although he knew that the sword skills of Yun Lei are wonderful but against the two brothers, he was not confident if they can hold them up. The jade stick stopped for moment, Black Maha look at them both and immediately the stick pointed to Zhang Dan Feng’s vest.

He heard Yun lei cheering suddenly, the double sword moved together and brushed aside the jade stick. Immediately one sword moved towards the ankle of Black Maha and at the same time other sword connected his jade stick. Black Maha was surprised and called out: “Walks to the side, tread the eight trigram position and surround them!”

Black and white Maha had fought together their entire life and had great coordination, the two people started to take the starting and ending position of eight trigrams and attacking. Black and white Maha were twin brothers, they moved as if their minds are interlinked and strategy was well rehearsed. White Maha moved around them wielding the jade stick and moving them in slanting circles and Black Maha too moved around them closing the openings in his brother’s moves. The two people attacked maliciously and their full intent was to kill them now…the four jewelry merchants were looking at this fight with awe and looked dazzled by the display.

Yun Lei stabbed at Black Maha with her sword, black Maha moved his jade stick to attack at her with a move called “devil offering wine”, one end of the jade stick was pointing towards her lower jaw, the body of the stick attacked towards her wrist horizontally and the other end at her pubic region. This moves was attacking three different part of her body and extremely exquisite. Yun Lei was relying on her “Yang and Ying sword technique, fighting in tandem with Zhang Dan Feng this sword technique has now grown perceptibly fickly, she was anxious and immediately made a move called “reverses Ying and yang elements”.

The sword moved forward from bottom to top, instead of blocking the jade stick, this move avoided the jade stick altogether and attacked at the wrist of Black Maha with the intention of cutting the hold on the stick itself. Black Maha was a battle trained martial art expert, his skills were also deep, he saw the move of Yun Lei and immediately changed his move and stepped up to move the jade stick horizontally, it looked as if the jade stick was flying from his palms and moving towards the pubic area of Yun lei. Yun Lei was hard pressed this time and couldn’t bring back her sword to block this movement and saw the jade stick arriving on her pubic region.

Suddenly she heard a bang sound and saw sparks flying, Zhang Dan Feng separated his sword from White Maha for a moment and blocked that move by Black Maha. Black Maha was perplexed… for a moment he thought that he was able to hit her but out of nowhere the sword blocked his attack.

Black and white Maha moved according to eight trigram positions and launched attack after attack, when Black Maha attacked, white Maha moved to another position trigram and attacked. This way both brothers kept on changing positions and attacking. Black Maha attacked holding the jade stick from the middle so he was using the weapon as a double weapon where both ends of the stick can be used to attack on the other hand White Maha was holding the jade stick from one end and utilizing the entire length of stick to crate massive green arc.

Suddenly Zhang Dan Feng fended off a move but couldn’t close off opening and called out: “It is not good!” As soon as he spoke these words, Yun Lei moved her sword and immediately closed that opening conveniently. The move was a natural sword move of “Ying sword technique”. Once Yun lei and Zhang Dan Feng started attacking in tandem, it looked as if both sword techniques are totally complementing each other, covering the opening and attacking with double ferocity, now White and Black Maha were moving aside constantly. There swordplay was fast to the point of irritation and both moved without any hesitation as if they were fighting together for years and have reached the pinnacle of their skills.

Yun Lei beamed with joy and great happiness and called out: “the two swords combines and complements one another, it is really invincible!” she sends out one move conveniently but saw Zhang Dan Feng also attacking from the opposite direction, the twin swords are now moving like a dragon…the black and white Maha were compelled to withdraw again and again!
    Zhang Dan Feng was greatly surprised; he shot a look at Yun Lei in deep confusion.

Yun lei called out: “Look at this…my bodyguard is really good? Should we forgive these two little babies now?” She lets success go to her head, her movements were suddenly weal and random. Zhang Dan Feng was surprised, is she trying to be funny…if she is not careful then she will find this jade stick between her shoulders. Black and White Maha tried to attack but they were again cut down by constant attack and withdrew again.

Zhang Dan Feng laughed and said: “Wonderful, it’s wonderful! It looks as if this match was made in heaven!” He spoke thoughtlessly and in his own literary style mixing expressions here and there however Yun Lei couldn’t resist herself and her complexion turned red unconsciously. Zhang Dan Feng in between his laughing sound moved the sword like the wind to attack maliciously.

Thanks, Abhay.