Thread: Game movie flops!

Default Game movie flops!

Besides the pathetic bunch of flops in this link, which other video game movies, in your opinion, do you think are also flopsters?

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/w...movies/1372220
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I don't know if a *good* video game movie is even existentially possible.

Well, I thought Resident Evil 1 was not bad. I rolled my eyes on the subsequent sequels, though.

I think, simply blacklist any video game movies directed by Uwe Boll should be a wise choice. (I think Uwe Boll only directs video game movies any)
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 11-23-09 at 06:31 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I agree with most of the comments made in that link. Although I didn't find Silent Hill that bad, I thought they could have made the ending less confusing.

I actually enjoyed Tomb Raider 1 & 2 (starring Angelina Jolie) and I would consider those to be good movies. I am a fan of the TR game series but that had little influence on my opinions of the movie.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li, I feel bad for Kristin Kreuk.

The new Tekken movie: I haven't seen it, it's not out. But I'm reserving this spot for that movie.

The new King of Fighter movie: I haven't seen it yet because it's not out. And again, I'm reserving the spot. How does a guy with a name like Kyo ****ing Kusanagi, become a white guy?

Max Payne

Mortal Kombat

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    I agree with most of the comments made in that link. Although I didn't find Silent Hill that bad, I thought they could have made the ending less confusing.
    When I first saw the poster, I thought, "hey, Silence of the lamb II?"

I actually enjoyed Tomb Raider 1 & 2 (starring Angelina Jolie) and I would consider those to be good movies. I am a fan of the TR game series but that had little influence on my opinions of the movie.
    Yeah, now you mentioned it, I thought Tomb Raider 1 was not bad at all. I didn't catch 2 though, so I can't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li, I feel bad for Kristin Kreuk.
    That movie, is full of clowns. -_-!

The new Tekken movie: I haven't seen it, it's not out. But I'm reserving this spot for that movie.
    My hunch tells me it'll be something close to "Dead or Alive". I think it should remain a game or, 3D animation is fine.

The new King of Fighter movie: I haven't seen it yet because it's not out. And again, I'm reserving the spot. How does a guy with a name like Kyo ****ing Kusanagi, become a white guy?
    Sounds like Dragon Ball 2 coming up (Our dear Goku is a male brunette; a white boy, no less.)

Atleast with Goku, they tried to argue he was an alien. Even though he was drawn to look similar to all the other Asian characters in the manga and had a Japanese name. You can't really argue the ethnicity of an alien.

But dammit if they tried to turn Kyo Kusanagi into a white guy. There's really no excuse. And Maggie Q does not look like Mai Shiranui.

Definitely with DOA, it was a really big disappointment, considering how much I loved that game.

Wing Commander had Freddie Prinze Jr?! I haven't seen the movie, but I think Freddie should stick to the more chic-flick movies that he has been doing for the last how many years.

Also, there is something not right about doing RPG as a live-action movie. D&D was a flop as well.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

Hey, LEGEND OF ZELDA could work! What do you Zelda fans think? I saw a mock trailer on April Fool's Day some time ago, but I thought that looked good.

And the Warcraft and Starcraft and Diablo games, basically ANYTHING that's by Blizzard Entertainment I think would be good in capable hands.

I think as a rule of thumb, it would be easier to develop a live action adaptation from Science fiction games.

It's just, if you try to develop an RPG with anime-like characters (like for example, the Tales series by Namco) into a live action that could possibly be messy because the characters are presumably Asian and therefore, less ambiguous.
    Last edited by Sourplum; 01-02-10 at 07:37 AM.

Have they listed every Uwe Boll's video game movies? If some are missing, just add to the list.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Atleast with Goku, they tried to argue he was an alien. Even though he was drawn to look similar to all the other Asian characters in the manga and had a Japanese name. You can't really argue the ethnicity of an alien.
    Not only Goku looks Asian, just about everyone from his home planet looks like one. lol

But dammit if they tried to turn Kyo Kusanagi into a white guy. There's really no excuse.
    They're not trying. They already did it. Kyo Kusanagi is a white kid. With no resemblance to Kyo what-so-ever. Wrong hair, wrong clothes. Wrong fighting technique. He has a sword!! When did you see Kyo with a sword?

And Maggie Q does not look like Mai Shiranui.
    Which actor in the movie look like their character? haha. None of them.

Iori has curly black hair, despite him being Asian, he still does not look the part. (Asian with stylish red hair comb forward is not hard to pull) He doesn't even have Iori clothing either. (Which isn't hard if you shop in Japan/China/Korea fashion store) Don't know why these movie maker seem to be so clueless.

As for Mai, she looks nothing like Mai. Same with Terry. No ponytail, wrong red jacket, (looks more like some life saving vest in the movie) And he's a CIA?

When did Terry ever work for the government? He's a wanderer! How hard can that be?

KoF the movie. Another epic fail.
    Last edited by Wuxialover; 01-04-10 at 04:58 AM.

But dammit if they tried to turn Kyo Kusanagi into a white guy. There's really no excuse. And Maggie Q does not look like Mai Shiranui.
    I think the looks doesn't matter so much (to the director) as long as she has the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    Hey, LEGEND OF ZELDA could work! What do you Zelda fans think? I saw a mock trailer on April Fool's Day some time ago, but I thought that looked good.
    I hope the director isn't Uwe Boll.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Have they listed every Uwe Boll's video game movies? If some are missing, just add to the list.

Aren't most of them flops?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Let's just say none of them succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I think the looks doesn't matter so much (to the director) as long as she has the body.
    Maggie doesn't have the body either. Compared to Mai Shiranui. lol

I would like to see if someone could pull off doing a Phoenix Wright film.