Thread: Tomb Raider

Default Tomb Raider

Anyone here plays Tomb Raider?

I've been a fan of this game series since its release for the PS. I love TR for its atmosphere and immersive environments, and I love the exploration of tombs and finding forgotten cities and lost civilisations. Overall, I think the games are awesome!

I finished TR Anniversary not very long ago. I will eventually replay it (to unlock hidden secrets) after I play TR Underworld.

I heard that Uncharted is better but I won't know until I've played it.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post

I've been a fan of this game series since its release for the PS. I love TR for its atmosphere and immersive environments, and I love the exploration of tombs and finding forgotten cities and lost civilisations. Overall, I think the games are awesome!

I finished TR Anniversary not very long ago. I will eventually replay it (to unlock hidden secrets) after I play TR Underworld.

I played the original PC version to completion back in the day, and enjoyed the atmosphere immensely. Have to agree that there's just something really intriguing about exploring the ruins of lost civilizations.

Bought TR:Anniversary but haven't installed it. Maybe after I finish Prince of Persia I'll get around to it... after I finish Borderlands...
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post

Well i played the first two tomb raiders and i enjoyed them a lot. I remember Tomb Raider came out around the same time as Super Mario 64, that was the time when 3D gameplay was becoming more popular. I also bought Tomb Raider Legends for the PS3 recently for like 20$.

Uncharted 2 does share similar themes with Tomb Raider, but it doesn't have any of immersive exploration that Tomb Raider is famous for. The emphasis is more on action rather than exploration. But having said that, playing Uncharted 2 really feels like being inside an Indiana Jones type of movie. The graphics and action sequences are breathtaking. If u like ancient ruins stuff, u might enjoy the theme of Uncharted 2 which deals with the lost buddhist kingdom of Shambhala. U get to travel to old temples in Nepal and Tibet.

I played tomb raider because Lara Croft has big triangular shaped tits.

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    I played the original PC version to completion back in the day, and enjoyed the atmosphere immensely. Have to agree that there's just something really intriguing about exploring the ruins of lost civilizations.

Bought TR:Anniversary but haven't installed it. Maybe after I finish Prince of Persia I'll get around to it... after I finish Borderlands...
    TR Anniversary was one of my most anticipated games but it's also my favourite of the series so far. I loved how they remade the original and turned it something completely new. It was also well received by reviewers and gamers.

I really would hope to see more remakes of older Tomb Raider games in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Well i played the first two tomb raiders and i enjoyed them a lot. I remember Tomb Raider came out around the same time as Super Mario 64, that was the time when 3D gameplay was becoming more popular. I also bought Tomb Raider Legends for the PS3 recently for like 20$.

Uncharted 2 does share similar themes with Tomb Raider, but it doesn't have any of immersive exploration that Tomb Raider is famous for. The emphasis is more on action rather than exploration. But having said that, playing Uncharted 2 really feels like being inside an Indiana Jones type of movie. The graphics and action sequences are breathtaking. If u like ancient ruins stuff, u might enjoy the theme of Uncharted 2 which deals with the lost buddhist kingdom of Shambhala. U get to travel to old temples in Nepal and Tibet.
    Uncharted 2 looks really good from the clips I've seen. I'll give the demo a try at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    I played tomb raider because Lara Croft has big triangular shaped tits.
    If Lara was real she'll be disturbed by your comment.

Her breasts never bothered me whatever shape they are and I'm a girl.

I don't think it bothers him. Much more, it has the opposite effect on him.