Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For guys, can you accept ladies who can't cook?

Post For guys, can you accept ladies who can't cook?

For guys, can you accept ladies who can't cook?

Personally, I would expect my lady to be able to cook at least, some simple dishes. She doesn't have to be a good cook, or an expert in Chinese Cuisine, etc.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    For guys, can you accept ladies who can't cook?

Personally, I would expect my lady to be able to cook at least, some simple dishes. She doesn't have to be a good cook, or an expert in Chinese Cuisine, etc.
    Of course.
    Cooking is no longer important in this society as you always can eat out or making easy simple food like sandwich or instant noodle at home. I would never expect my gf/wife to cook for me. If she is a good cook and like cooking then it would be a bonus.

Hell no - not as a serious relationship. Btw the definition of a lady includes having cooking skill. Else she's just a chick.

I'll let this lovely woman explain it to you why:

http://thecomingnight.blogspot.com/2...f-cooking.html

I do believe cooking is immensely important for the well-being of families and that women are the poorer for having largely lost this womanly art. This change is care has effected society greatly, as evidenced so well by the health issues that plague us all, but women have lost something more than this. When they gave up cooking, they also gave up the art of loving, a special way to nurture their husband, children, and others, and a creative outlet that allows a special sort of exploration and art form that even a busy young mother can take part several times a day. How exactly this is "empowering" I do not know, for I believe the "old ways" made for a much more fulfilling domestic life for all.
    And TC, you're just proving a point that beggars cannot be choosers.
    Last edited by Candide; 12-21-09 at 07:43 PM.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I take great pride in the fact that I'm a kickass cook (at least, with the dishes I'm able to prepare so far), and can please the stomach of a very fastidious boyfriend.

So yah, cooking is important - even if not for a relationship, at least learn to cook so you can make sure to have good food. Restaurant food isn't always the best or the most healthy.

Though a guy who can cook well is pretty neat too (kind of a turn on).

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Of course.
    Cooking is no longer important in this society as you always can eat out or making easy simple food like sandwich or instant noodle at home. I would never expect my gf/wife to cook for me. If she is a good cook and like cooking then it would be a bonus.
    Making a sandwich or instant noodles is not cooking. To call it such is quite insulting to those who can actually cook.
    Last edited by xJadedx; 12-21-09 at 08:20 PM.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    So yah, cooking is important - even if not for a relationship, at least learn to cook so you can make sure to have good food. Restaurant food isn't always the best or the most healthy.
    Exactly. Cooking for yourself means you're eating well. Plus, if you're a single guy, being good at it is great when you have a girl over, as the distance from the kitchen to the couch to the bedroom is short.

Though a guy who can cook well is pretty neat too (kind of a turn on).
    I know many guys (myself included - my parents both kick arses at that) who can cook but very few girls (under 35) who can. I know some who can't even boil eggs.

Making a sandwich or instant noodles is not cooking. To call it such is quite insulting to those who can actually cook.
    That's what passes as "cooking" for most people these days. :/

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I know many guys (myself included - my parents both kick arses at that) who can cook but very few girls (under 35) who can. I know some who can't even boil eggs.
    I know people, well, girls like that. It's both funny and a bit sad. And there are also girls who can't do their own laundry.
    My love and my agony.

I agree with Candide and WenEr to an extent here.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Sure, I'll cook for her if she can't. I don't know why most people I know who are very good cooks are male.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    Sure, I'll cook for her if she can't. I don't know why most people I know who are very good cooks are male.
    Guys can cook better, IMO. Probably because they are more into the detail works. Women are usually too sandled with other household chores to care about the details.

Notice how the greatest chefs tend to be guys too.

Some people are usually still stuck in the "if the woman can't cook then she totally sucks and doesn't deserve to get attached" kind of mentally.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 12-21-09 at 10:29 PM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Women are usually too sandled with other household chores to care about the details.
    Eh, the girls who can't cook usually aren't exactly good with household chores either. Their room is usually a pig sty (walk-on wardrobe, as I call it), they can't wash the dishes properly and their laundry skill is barely passable.

Some people are usually still stuck in the "if the woman can't cook then she totally sucks and doesn't deserve to get attached" kind of mentally.
    Because that mentality is the correct one!

Cooking, to me, is another form of art. Your "masterpiece dish" can reveal your moods and how passionate (in a way) you are in cooking too. Say, if one is cooking for the sake of fulfilling the days, your result dish can reveal your misery.

Personally, I also feel that spending days together in the kitchen can close up the gap between a couple. Preparing a meal and enjoy the result dish can be so much fun. If everyday is a takeaway, such routine can tune down the heat of a relationship.

Enjoying good food can be fun, and it's even better if it's your masterpiece!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 12-21-09 at 10:49 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

And TC, you're just proving a point that beggars cannot be choosers.
    Everyone has different needs and tastes. For me, a good looking face, being intelligent, and good personality are all I need. Cooking is not important to me as I always can get all types of great food at the restaurants.

Everyone has different needs and tastes. For me, a good looking face, being intelligent, and good personality are all I need. Cooking is not important to me as I always can get great food at the restaurants.
    You know, if this is going to be your married life routine, you'll live like jPods sooner than you can imagine.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Those guys are losers. This is 21st century, who care about cooking. You always can all kinds of great food at the restaurants. Cooking doesn't save you much anyway.

Those guys are losers. This is 21st century, who care about cooking. You always can all kinds of great food at the restaurants. Cooking doesn't save you much anyway.
    Ehh... actually it does, especially in the long-run.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Yes, it does. Cooking meals consistently costs less money than eating out for myself. I can make the same dishes they serve at restaurants for much cheaper (and in some cases, much more delicious).

Also, you clearly didn't read Cedric's post about cooking in a relationship (or you read it and failed to comprehend).
    My love and my agony.

Cooking as part of the art of loving goes way back to when men discovered fire. It's the second best activity for a couple.

And yes it saves you a sh!tload of cash. I spend a quarter of what I would on eating out as I cook for myself, and it's more delicious too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu
    Those guys are losers. This is 21st century, who care about cooking.
    Since you brought up losers, do you know what they call a guy who can't cook, has no idea that cooking saves you a lot of money and has to go to restaurants for foods? Mummy's boy.

Cooking as part of the art of loving goes way back to when men discovered fire. It's the second best activity for a couple.
    True. Though I'd totally skip the couch part.

And yes it saves you a sh!tload of cash. I spend a quarter of what I would on eating out as I cook for myself, and it's more delicious too.
    Do you think three people posting this would get through to him?
    My love and my agony.

Careful. Refrain from name calling or baiting. You all know better.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    Do you think three people posting this would get through to him?
    You'd think unemployment would teach him that lesson before any of us has to bring it up.