View Poll Results: Which of these is the most *ridiculous* of all, in terms of human nature?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • You Tanzhi giving his eyes to Ah Zi

15 55.56%
  • Yang Guo waited 16 years for Little Dragon Girl

3 11.11%
  • DFBB, Yue Buqun and Lin Pingzhi sacrificing their manhood

9 33.33%

Thread: Which of these is the most *ridiculous* of all, in terms of human nature?

Post Which of these is the most *ridiculous* of all, in terms of human nature?

Which of these is the most *ridiculous* of all, in terms of human nature? (Are human nature the correct words?)

1. You Tanzhi giving his eyes to Ah Zhi, the young woman that he love, without even being loved in the first place. Eyes - it is such an important organ and a huge sacrifice as well.

2. Yang Guo waited 16 years for Little Dragon Girl. Can any husband do that for her wife in our world? 16 years is a long time - enough for a toddler to become a teenager.

3. Dongfang Bubai, Yue Buqun and Lin Pingzhi sacrificing their manhood, sacrifice continuing their bloodline, just so they can become stronger and more powerful. Man's greatest asset and they just...
    ..ext88

As long as the love is strong enough, there'll be no big deal w/ waiting for 16 years. In fact there's been quite a few men/widowers who lived as single dads for the rest of their lives (well > then 16 years) after their lovers/spouses had passed away.

Donating the eyes to a girl who never gives a damn about the donator is very stupid but cutting of the balls is even worse. At least a blind can still imagine of hentai things and do the hand job to kill time, but as for a ball-less dude, lol, no chance at all.

There are actual, historical cases of grown/nearly grown men who castrated themselves in order to become eunuchs, who had access to a lot of power during certain imperial reigns, so number three isn't too ridiculous.

There are indeed people in the modern world who have been separated/waited for their spouse for 16 years; there have been some whose spouses were put in a coma, and who stayed with them for even longer than 16 years. Number two isn't too ridiculous.

But number one is just absolutely ridiculous. My vote goes to number one.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    There are actual, historical cases of grown/nearly grown men who castrated themselves in order to become eunuchs, who had access to a lot of power during certain imperial reigns, so number three isn't too ridiculous.

There are indeed people in the modern world who have been separated/waited for their spouse for 16 years; there have been some whose spouses were put in a coma, and who stayed with them for even longer than 16 years. Number two isn't too ridiculous.

Agree with you totally.
    Who in the world would give their eyes to someone who doesn't love or care about them whatsoever?

OMG I am totally cursing myself for reading this poll. Yue Buqun and Lin Pingzhi sacrifice their manhood?????? WTF??????? I am in the process of watching SPW and this totally gives away the plotline. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post

QED. Nothing else needs to be said.

Ditto.

EDIT: alright... I did want to add a little... LOL

Jin Yong's imagination is too wild here.
    At the very least... he could have made the surrounding characters suggest the donation of only one eye.

The whole situation is dramatic on the surface... but ridiculous everywhere else.

There are crazy acts of self mutilation all over Western fiction/history so I don't think its beyond comprehension for eye donation or castration.

You Tan Zhi is messed up in the head. It’s not really that nuts.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

I would say You Tan Zhi giving his eyes to Ah Zi. I think that is really stupid and ridiculous because she did not give a damn about him at all. Therefore, why would he do that for?? Don't tell me he thought that she would fall for him if he did that...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

You Tanzhi's act is nothing compared to the Qing soldiers slashing their own throats because they made Xiang Xiang sad.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    You Tanzhi's act is nothing compared to the Qing soldiers slashing their own throats because they made Xiang Xiang sad.
    Well-said.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I actually disagree with everyone who thinks You Tanzhi giving his eyes to Ah Zi is more ridiculous than DFBB, Yue Buqun and Lin Pingzhi sacrificing their manhood. It is very normal in todays day and age to donate organs like eyes, kidney, etc and in that sense You Tanzhi giving his eyes to Ah Zi does not seem ridiculous at all. But no one chops his own thing off to be more powerful. This is really very ridiculous and makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    I actually disagree with everyone who thinks You Tanzhi giving his eyes to Ah Zi is more ridiculous than DFBB, Yue Buqun and Lin Pingzhi sacrificing their manhood. It is very normal in todays day and age to donate organs like eyes, kidney, etc and in that sense You Tanzhi giving his eyes to Ah Zi does not seem ridiculous at all. But no one chops his own thing off to be more powerful. This is really very ridiculous and makes no sense.

Remember that organ donation today is from your corpse... after you die.
    The only organ I know off hand donated while living is one kidney of the two a person has. Even cornea transplant of today usually only give one per donee if more than one person meet the criteria for the organ... and cornea (eyes) are from corpses... consent given before the fact in a what-if form.