Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concerns

Default Concerns

What stage of life are you at right now, and what are your top concerns? The concern could be of personal, political, social, physical, professional, or intellectual nature.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

The near future. I just graduated and I realise I know nothing about life or what I want to do 5 years from now. Makes for an exciting time to live and explore. But it sucks how hard it is to find work.

In all stage of life, there are always concerns.

If you stay in your comfort zone, you are not progressing - you are regressing and will be shrivelled and die.

Han Solo

P/s: Oh, do you want my concerns? Do you really really want my concerns?
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Han Solo's concerns? Can he finish this Dota match before he has to rush to work?

my concerns? I need to be sure that I won't be financially dependant on my parents or anyone besides myself in any way when I pursue my further studies in animation as a fulltimer, which ideally should begin on September this year when I clear the entrance test.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    P/s: Oh, do you want my concerns? Do you really really want my concerns?
    I don't want (to have) your concerns, but you're welcome to tell us what they are.

my concerns? i dont know, im not particularly concerned about anything at all.

im still alive, i have a job, i can afford a lifestyle i fancied, i have a wonderful family, good friends, and most importantly, I have faith in God.

So what else would i be concerned with?
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

My education and career, the latter of which hinges heavily on the former.

Halfway through my studies, and still stuck in a limbo for career.... not a very satisfactory pay.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Career, relationship, house, mental and physical wellbeing.

Han Solo, when you become a consultant can I come down to Melbourne and train under you?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    I'm similar to you. I worry about career and relationship and occasionally health. Not so much house though.

By the way, this topic isn't limited to concerns about yourself. If you're concerned about an external factor, that also counts.

For example, one concern I have right now is the future of China's leadership. There is a power struggle between factions of the Communist Political Bureau right now, and within only about 2 years left until a new set of leaders will takeover the country, there doesn't seem to be a clear heir. I wish more people would unite to identify a good emerging leader. China has been on good reform for 30 years; I'd hate to see it suffer due to some internal struggle.
    Last edited by PJ; 02-25-10 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    my concerns? I need to be sure that I won't be financially dependant on my parents or anyone besides myself in any way when I pursue my further studies in animation as a fulltimer, which ideally should begin on September this year when I clear the entrance test.
    2D, 3D or TBD?
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    By the way, this topic isn't limited to concerns about yourself. If you're concerned about an external factor, that also counts.
    agreed, though i have even less concerns over global matters...
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Han Solo's concerns? Can he finish this Dota match before he has to rush to work?
    Spoken like a person who really know me.

Mine is more like can I finish this game so that I can catch one or two hour worth of sleep before working again.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I don't want (to have) your concerns, but you're welcome to tell us what they are.

Professionally: I am concerned about developing into a good doctor and maximizing benefits to patients.

Financially: I am concerned about my loan/mortgage and the fact that it will tied me down. Excited and apprehensive about owning my own place.

Socially: the eternal relationship

Others: My parents growing old and living apart from me.
    My decreased level of fitness.
    Global warming.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post

Han Solo, when you become a consultant can I come down to Melbourne and train under you?
    Have to wait for me to pass and get a job first.

Have you decide what you wanted to do already?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

My parents growing old and living apart from me.
    Have you considered asking your parents to move to Australia, or at least spend part of the year (e.g. 6 months) there, now that you are having your own place? It will help you to be less worried about them as you will see them more regularly.

My decreased level of fitness.
    Play less DOTA, get enough sleep and get out for some exercise!

What stage of life are you at right now, and what are your top concerns? The concern could be of personal, political, social, physical, professional, or intellectual nature.
    Most personal, political, social, physical, professional and intellectual matures that I take interest in, don't bother me enough to be considered a true sleep-interrupting concern, but I'd wish for a set of more professional, independent, service-oriented and initiative-driven staff when they occasionally annoy me with stupid things like disappearing from work with very short notice or none at all and paperwork with things left out.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Currently a university (college) student. Experiencing lots of stress from the workload and worries that I might fail any subjects. I don't really like my course that much. Tend to hang around at Spcnet and read wuxia to escape the stress. Might be spending too much time escaping reality and this is probably also another concern.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 09-30-10 at 09:43 AM.

1. How my two and a half year old son will react when the in-laws leave in 2 weeks (given that he can't leave my mother in-law for more than a couple of hours).

2. Should we buy a house in a really nice area, and become super leveraged in this economy (well... not super leveraged... just carry a mortgage total 5x my pretax income...)
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by chibidaisuke View Post
    Currently a university (college) student. Experiencing lots of stress from the workload and worries that I might fail any subjects. I don't really like my course that much. Tend to hang around at Spcnet and read wuxia to escape the stress. Might be spending too much time escaping reality and this is probably also another concern.
    You may want to consider changing your field then. University will be a pretty awful experience if you don't enjoy what you're learning.

Not that many concerns right now, though I do have a lot of work to do, and keep getting more.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.