Thread: Swordsman / The Smiling, Proud Wanderer Movie Remake in 2010

Default Swordsman / The Smiling, Proud Wanderer Movie Remake in 2010

Just read that there will be a remake of the Swordsman / The Smiling, Proud Wanderer in 2010 starring Takeshi Kaneshiro as Linghu Chong, Zhou Xun as Ren Yingying and singer Jay Chou as Dongfang Bubai. I am excited. Does anyone have any more information on this?? This is the link that I found

http://www.zimbio.com/Zhou+Xun/artic...Proud+Wanderer

Jay Zhou as DFBB? OMG...this I gotta see...so lulzy! It's something I'll either hate or love to bits. Whatever the case, the production sounds very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaGem View Post
    Jay Zhou as DFBB? OMG...this I gotta see...so lulzy! It's something I'll either hate or love to bits. Whatever the case, the production sounds very interesting.
    Do you think they will show a romantic semi-spark between Linghu Chong (Takeshi Kaneshiro) and Dongfang Bubai (Jay Chou) like they showed between Jet Li and Bridgette Lin in The Swordsman II movie? LOLOLOL

"Xin Xiao Ao Jiang Hu" will start filming around April-May this year. Casting has not yet been decided.

But the main candidates for the leads are Daniel Wu, Huang Xiao Ming, Zhou Xun and Fan Bing Bing.

Kaneshiro Takeshi and Jay Chou has turned down the offer due to their busy schedules. Actually Kaneshiro is taking a long rest this year, thus he rejected the offer.

source: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000055-scn-ent

Too bad, abt Kaneshiro But I sure hope HXM will take the role, coz I'm not sure if Daniel can pull off Linghu Chong. As for Ren Yingying, I think both Zhou Xun and FBB would be able to nail the role well, it doesn't matter to me which one will be casted in the end. My #1 RYY will always be Xu Qing anyway^^

FBB and ZX is too old to take the role of RYY unless they can act like Xu Qing.

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    "Xin Xiao Ao Jiang Hu" will start filming around April-May this year. Casting has not yet been decided.

But the main candidates for the leads are Daniel Wu, Huang Xiao Ming, Zhou Xun and Fan Bing Bing.

Kaneshiro Takeshi and Jay Chou has turned down the offer due to their busy schedules. Actually Kaneshiro is taking a long rest this year, thus he rejected the offer.

source: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000055-scn-ent

Too bad, abt Kaneshiro But I sure hope HXM will take the role, coz I'm not sure if Daniel can pull off Linghu Chong. As for Ren Yingying, I think both Zhou Xun and FBB would be able to nail the role well, it doesn't matter to me which one will be casted in the end. My #1 RYY will always be Xu Qing anyway^^

Does anyone have any updates on if this movie is being made. If so, when is it tentatively going to be released and who are the actors playing the different characters? Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    My #1 RYY will always be Xu Qing anyway^^
    Agreed.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

is it LBB or FBB? because i read it in another forum LBB

i love zhou xun in Confucius, she was very good in there, i think ZX as RYY is quite interesting, she looks fierce enough ^^
    Last edited by 12blbl; 06-07-10 at 06:35 AM.

I'd much prefer LBB, although I wouldn't mind Tang Yan as Ren Yingying.. she's one of the classiest actresses I've seen from the young bunch.

Shame about Jay Chou.. I always thought he wasn't handsome enough to take on lead male roles, but for some reason a lot of girls find him really attractive. I would have loved to see his chubby face in a crossdressing role!! =)

yeah i would love to see tang yan as ren yin yin. but i would hope they make a series as well with hu ge as ling hu chong, and tang yan as ren yin yin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    yeah i would love to see tang yan as ren yin yin. but i would hope they make a series as well with hu ge as ling hu chong, and tang yan as ren yin yin.
    You know, as much as I love the 2001 version, Hu Ge would make a good Linghu Chong. Especially if they try to make him a little more like the book, a guy who's carefree and usually lighthearted. Hu Ge could play that well.

I'm not sure I like the thought of a movie version, though. They would have to condense the story so much.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Does anyone have updates on if this movie is being made?

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    Hu Ge would make a good Linghu Chong.
    Agreed. Well, not sure if he'll make a good LHC but I can picture him as Ling. I prefer Hu Ge over HXM.

Pretty boy Takeshi Kaneshiro should play Yeung Gor.

i hope we really get more info on this. we already have info etc about the new dragon inn starring jet li. hope this one will surface soon and have all star cast. but to be honest, i'm sorta tired seeing takeshi, fan bing bing, zhou xun, etc that places in most of these international movies.

Does anyone have any updates on this movie? Is it happening?

Oh great! There goes my dream of seeing Jay Chou play Dongfang Bubai romancing Takeshi playing Linghu Chong. LOL

last i heard, the movie is not happening. it would have been nice to see zhou xun or lbb play ryy.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)