Thread: British anger at China execution

Default British anger at China execution

The Chinese ambassador Fu Ying has been summoned to the Foreign Office amid a growing row between the UK and China over the execution of a British man.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8433704.stm
    It's interesting how the entire article was presented, and the wordings of the minister. The British talking down to China like a boss to a subordinate.

What is your opinion on this case anyway.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I think China did exactly the right thing by enforcing the law of the land. That drug dealer got exactly what he deserved.

Their objection seems to be centered around the issue of whether the dude was mentally ill and how China didn’t seem to have tested him for it. If he was truly duped into bringing the drugs into the country, then he didn’t deserve to die.

It’s interesting they gave him a lethal injection though. Don’t they usually shoot them in the head?
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post

It’s interesting they gave him a lethal injection though. Don’t they usually shoot them in the head?
    Not anymore. An increasing number of Chinese executions are being rendered by lethal injection. I think China is phasing out the firing squad.

Perhaps he should have sought more professional help before coming to a country known for zero drug tolerance, where he brought about 100 times the amount of drugs punishable by death (50g is enough for death penalty; he brought 4000g).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Perhaps he should have sought more professional help before coming to a country known for zero drug tolerance, where he brought about 100 times the amount of drugs punishable by death (50g is enough for death penalty; he brought 4000g).
    100 times is overly exaggerated.
    4000/50 = 80 times.
    Anyway, that is enough for him to die 80 times.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 12-31-09 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    100 times is overly exaggerated.
    4000/50 = 80 times.
    Anyway, that is enough for him to die 80 times.
    PJ got pwned?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

omg. please stop making a fool out of yourself. just stop. i don't know you but i'm starting to pity your way of thinking. from just 'LOL' to now 'shaking head with a sad face'.

and also, i believe PJ stated "...where he brought about 100 times the amount..." he didn't state the exact amount. when we estimate, we don't get the exact figure. so 80 could be rounded up to 100. -_-
    Last edited by GuGu; 12-31-09 at 08:30 PM.

heh, I guess TC did say he is a math teacher. After seeing his awesome calculation here, there can be no doubt.
    Last edited by PJ; 01-01-10 at 12:57 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    heh, I guess TC did say he is a math teacher. After seeing his awesome calculation here, there can be no doubt.
    i think i'm at the point where it's not funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    PJ got pwned?
    TC may have demostrated to us some higher elementary level of Math. His logic is still illogically conservative, let alone to pwn anyone.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Just fyi, 50g is not merely 'enough' for the death penalty; it makes the death penalty mandatory (and is one of the few crimes in China where that is the case).
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    Their objection seems to be centered around the issue of whether the dude was mentally ill and how China didn’t seem to have tested him for it. If he was truly duped into bringing the drugs into the country, then he didn’t deserve to die.
    From the article:

"Sally Rowen, of the legal charity Reprieve, said a report from a consultant forensic psychologist had diagnosed him with bipolar disorder and delusional psychosis."

When "mental illness" is brought up, most people think of a person who's retarded and can't function without help, has no control over what they're doing and is easily manipulated. However, there are many mentally ill people who are functioning (some high functioning) and can be held accountable for their actions. Else you can never convict any criminal - most criminals are fvcked up in the head to some extent.

There are plenty of high functioning bipolar people. You can look that up with a simple search.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I wasn't serious when I talk about 80 times Vs 100 times. Anyway, they can make a big difference in some situation. If you drive 80 km/hr in a 70 km/hr zone then you are ok but if you drive 100 km/hr you will get a ticket.

Back to the topic, I think china did exactly the right thing by enforcing the law of the land. That is all fair and square. I don't see chinese or their government protesting about their drug dealers get death sentence in other countries either. There are 5 chinese national get death penalty in vietnam for the same crime.

http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/s...um=01CAS261209

If he was mentally challenged and the family knew about it, surely it shows how unresponsible his family were for letting a 53year-old wonder around the world with a lot of drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I wasn't serious when I talk about 80 times Vs 100 times. Anyway, they can make a big difference in some situation. If you drive 80 km/hr in a 70 km/hr zone then you are ok but if you drive 100 km/hr you will get a ticket.

Back to the topic, I think china did exactly the right thing by enforcing the law of the land. That is all fair and square. I don't see chinese or their government protesting about their drug dealers get death sentence in other countries either. There are 5 chinese national get death penalty in vietnam for the same crime.

http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/s...um=01CAS261209
    And the British Foreign Office did the right thing in defending the interests of a British citizen. The main arguments being put forward in any case aren't about the decision to execute him, but whether or not due process was observed before the decision was made to execute him. Due process has been an English fetish ever since the reforms of Henry II, and more famously, the Magna Carta.