Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Lu Xiaofeng Book 5: Mansion of Spirits

I just came back!!
    Thanks Foxs!

Whenever I am inside this thread, I see at least 1-2 guests, sometimes more.... So there are actually quite a few followers of this thread, remaining hidden under the bamboo hats.....

Caught up reading. Thank you foxs for your awesome work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clown Prince View Post
    Whenever I am inside this thread, I see at least 1-2 guests, sometimes more.... So there are actually quite a few followers of this thread, remaining hidden under the bamboo hats.....
    These are hidden dragons.
    we are only crouching tigers.

Thanks Foxs!

Default Chapter 15 - Part 3

DongBin, good for you ... HPC, Jaya, Muliono, Justin, you are welcome. Clown, welcome back then. ycb, but you are not crouching either. So, what's the opposite? Exposed dragons and rearing tigers?

Unless by the time the lamps were lit he was still in the main hall, and saw that the purple and gold crown was no longer on Shi Yan’s head.

Lu Xiaofeng could not resist asking, “Aren’t you forgetting to ask something from me?”

He suddenly took off the felt-lined bamboo rain hat, the purple and gold crown immediately sent out a glorious and beautiful sparkle under the lantern light.

But Old Sabre Honcho only took one look and said, “I am in no hurry.”

Lu Xiaofeng laughed and said, “Of course you are in no hurry, because what you really wanted was not this purple and gold crown, but that Seven-star Sword.”

He did not really want to say those words, but all of a sudden he had the unstoppable urge to say it anyway, “When I snatched the purple and gold crown away, Shi Yan must’ve reached up to hold it down, hence you have the opportunity to seize the sword on his waist.”

Old Sabre Honcho was staring at him with cold eyes, waiting for him to continue.

Lu Xiaofeng said, “All along that secret has been hidden in the sword hilt, but Shi Yan has never used it to blackmail anybody. Yet you are still worried, because the biggest secret of all belongs to you. That’s why you have to personally seize the sword, so that this secret will not fall into the second person’s hands.”

Surprisingly, Old Sabre Honcho did not deny at all, “But his hand has always been holding the sword hilt, that’s why I could use you. Later on he will definitely think that the mastermind of this operation is precisely you.”

“Why?” Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Old Sabre Honcho replied, “Because when you strike, you must have used a lot of power, the purple and gold crown must have been pinched by your two fingers and thus leave two finger marks. The person who is able to snatch away the Taoist crown from his head, other than Lu Xiaofeng, I am afraid there is no second person. It will be the best evidence against you.”

Lu Xiaofeng sighed; he said, “Turns out not only you wanted me to distract his attention, you also want me to be the scapegoat.”

“This is called ‘killing two birds with one stone’ scheme,” Old Sabre Honcho said.

It was the most crucial key of the entire operation, Lu Xiaofeng did not fully understand it. Until now. He could only laughed bitterly and said, “But I still don’t understand, since you managed to seize his sword away, why didn’t you kill him as well?”

“Because he doesn’t have long to live anyway,” Old Sabre Honcho said.

Lu Xiaofeng was shocked. “Why?” he asked.

“Because he had an incurable disease,” Old Sabre Honcho replied, “He has at most only two to three months to live.”

Lu Xiaofeng sighed and said, “No wonder he was eager to shift the announcement on who will be his successor to an earlier date.”

Old Sabre Honcho coldly said, “Too bad that the capable Wudang disciples who will be able to take the leadership have all died in our hands.”

Lu Xiaofeng fixed his gaze on him, “That’s why now he could only hand over the Sect Leader position to you.”

Old Sabre Honcho’s fists suddenly tightened; he said with a cold laugh, “You are a smart man, you shouldn’t have said those words.”

With a rueful smile Lu Xiaofeng said, “Too bad I can’t help saying it.”

Old Sabre Honcho suddenly raised his voice, “Madame Lou [orig. ‘madame Lou of Jin Clan’ (i.e. her maiden name was Jin], Guan Tianwu, Du Tiexin, Gao Tao, Hai Qikuo, Gu Feiyun.”

As he called out each name, the person immediately stood up and stared at Lu Xiaofeng.

Old Sabre Honcho coldly said, “Do you think these six people will be able to subdue you?”

“Two or three of them will be enough,” Lu Xiaofeng said.

With a cold laugh Old Sabre Honcho said, “You still want them to make their move?”

“I don’t want them to make their move,” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

Old Sabre Honcho said, “Then why haven’t you put out your hands to be tied up?”

“Because I know that they will not make their move,” Lu Xiaofeng said.

“Get him!” Old Sabre Honcho said sternly.

Although his voice was rather loud, these six people seemed to have suddenly become deaf, nobody even moved.

The pupil of Old Sabre Honcho’s eyes shrank, while Lu Xiaofeng laughed.

He said with a smile, “If they made their move right now, they would only get one person.”

“Who?” Old Sabre Honcho asked.

“You,” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

Six people really did turn around to face Old Sabre Honcho, and then they said in chorus, “Are you waiting for us to make our move?”

Old Sabre Honcho’s body stiffened, “If it was not for me, your bones would have been rotten by now,” he said, “How dare you betray me?”

Lu Xiaofeng interrupted, “It’s not that they want to betray you, you have only yourself to blame for doing something wrong.”

The underground room suddenly became very quiet. Other than Liu Qingqing and Xiao Cui, everybody else seemed to be unusually calm, it was as if they had already anticipated this shocking change.

Could it be that all these people have betrayed him?

Old Sabre Honcho clenched his fists even more tightly, “What did I do wrong?” he asked.

Lu Xiaofeng said, “Your plan was meticulous and ingenious, but it had a fatal flaw.”

Old Sabre Honcho did not believe him.

He really could not believe him, because he had considered this plan over and over repeatedly in his head.

Lu Xiaofeng said, “The most ingenious part of your plan was precisely the people you sent out on this mission were all dead people, and then you changed them into other people who practically do not exist; naturally no one in Jianghu would pay any attention to their actions.”

He chuckled, and then continued, “Too bad that this part is also the biggest vulnerability of your plan.”

Old Sabre Honcho did not understand.

This explanation was really not easy to understand.

Lu Xiaofeng continued, “If you had changed Gao Tao into Shuishang Fei, even if Canine Master really had the ultimate disguising skill in the world, there would still be people who recognize him; at least Shuishang Fei’s friends and close relatives would.”

He patted ‘the’ Housekeeper’s shoulder, “But the way you changed them, practically there is no such person in the world, naturally there won’t be anybody in the world who would recognize them.”

This part was relatively easier to understand.

Naturally Old Sabre Honcho also understood, it was the most basic idea of his plan.

Lu Xiaofeng said, “But you missed a point.”

Old Sabre Honcho could not resist asking, “Which point?”

Lu Xiaofeng pointed to Housekeeper’s face, “Gao Tao could become like this, naturally other people could also become like this.”

Old Sabre Honcho admitted. As long as there was an elaborately made human-skin mask, coupled with a master in disguising art, anybody could become like that.

“After Gao Tao became like this, no one could recognize him,” Lu Xiaofeng continued, “And when other people also became like this, naturally there won’t be anybody who could recognize him either.”

Because basically there was no such person existed, therefore, no one would pay any attention to him. Old Sabre Honcho was no exception.

Suddenly Old Sabre Honcho’s hands trembled. “Are you saying that this is not Gao Tao?” he asked.

Lu Xiaofeng laughed. “Finally you understand what I am talking about,” he said.

This ‘Housekeeper’ also laughed, and then he tore off the human-skin mask from his face. Unexpectedly ‘he’ was a woman who did not look too old.

Naturally this person was not Gao Tao.

Lu Xiaofeng laughed and said, “This Miss is the good sister of First Lady Gongsun of the past, she also happens to be my good friend. All along I had a hard time finding any housekeeper who is neither man nor a woman like Gao Tao, hence I had to turn to her for help.”

Old Sabre Honcho was stumped for words.

Lu Xiaofeng said, “You can disguise Gao Tao to look like this, naturally I can also ask others to disguise her to look like this.”

Old Sabre Honcho gnashed his teeth, “Did Canine Master betray me?” he asked.

Lu Xiaofeng nodded. He said, “Because he is also a human, and not a dog at all. Even a dog, when you push it against the wall, it will jump over; let alone a human?”

“He is not dead?” Old Sabre Honcho asked.

“If he were,” Lu Xiaofeng replied, “How could we disguise this Miss to look exactly like Housekeeper’s disguise so that even you could not tell it apart?”

“And the mask is also Gao Tao’s?” Old Sabre Honcho asked.

“It was peeled off his face,” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

“What about Gao Tao?” Old Sabre Honcho asked.

“The things he managed have already been too much,” Lu Xiaofeng replied, “He ought to take a rest long ago.” [Translator’s note: in Chinese, ‘housekeeper’ is ‘manager of the house’, hence it was a play on words.]

Liu Qingqing suddenly said, “It’s that night, at Ye Lingfeng’s mansion; you played your trick!”

Now that she thought about it, when the lamps went out that night, why didn’t she find a single one of them? Lu Xiaofeng took advantage of the darkness to subdue Gao Tao, Gu Feiyun, and Hai Qikuo, and then had three other persons to assume their disguise, so much so that they were using the very same human-skin mask, and were disguised by the same hands that disguised them in the first place.

Thanks foxs

thanks foxs!!!!

superb story!!!!

Thanks foxs!

There really is a flaw after all ....good plot ... Thks foxs.

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

So he let the students get killed just to catch this guy. not good for wudang. mcg doesn't come all that great in this story. colletaral damage is high.

I meant liu xiaofeng

Lu xioafeng. Dumb spell check

Foxs,

*taking bamboo hat off*

you are one of the translators who i admire and respect a lot. You finish all the translations that you start and even complete unfinished ones - thank you very much for all your dedicated work.

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    These are hidden dragons.
    we are only crouching tigers.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    Lu xioafeng. Dumb spell check
    Ycb, I too fat cannot crouching... Can I be sleeping tiger? Hahaha....

Kiss, it's still wrong! Lol........

Thanks buddy! Awesome developments!

It keeps changing the letters. I have to type slow to spell it correct.

Default Chapter 15 - Part 4

HPC, Clown, ycb, DongBin, Jaya, Anh, Justin, you are welcome. Kenshin, thanks. much appreciated. Kyss, I don't think LXF knew the disciples were going to be killed. At that time he was still 'guessing', so I can't say he is to blame. And ROFL on your other posts ...

“That day Canine Master was also there?” Liu Qingqing asked.

“He had been waiting there,” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

He smiled and said, “When we go down the mountain, the very next day I have already asked people to find the same dog, and then when the dog was taken out for a walk, the two dogs were swapped.”

Dogs’ appearances are more or like the same, other than the people who are very close to it, certainly no one can tell the difference.

Liu Qingqing sighed, “I have already felt that the waiter who took the dog out for a walk for you was a bit suspicious.”

Lu Xiaofeng laughed and said, “Your paranoia has always been heavier than other people’s.”

“And that man who dig earthworms?” Liu Qingqing asked.

“He was the waiter who took the dog out for me,” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

“Who is he, actually?” Liu Qingqing asked.

“Sikong Zhaixing!” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

Of course it was Sikong Zhaixing. This world famous lone thief; not only his qinggong had reached the peak, his resourcefulness surpassed others, he was also an expert in disguising skill.

“Are all the people here not the same persons they originally were?” Liu Qingqing asked.

“Only two persons are still the same,” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

“Which two?” Liu Qingqing asked.

“One is me, the other you,” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

“Why didn’t you deal with me that day?” Liu Qingqing asked.

“Because you are too close to Old Sabre Honcho,” Lu Xiaofeng replied, “We were afraid he might see the flaw …”

Liu Qingqing bit her lip. Suddenly she sent a punch toward his nose.

Lu Xiaofeng did not duck, she did not continue punching either. Because just as quick she pulled her fist back. But her eyes were still glowering at Lu Xiaofeng.

“I just want you to understand one thing,” she shouted.

“What is it?” Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Liu Qingqing said, “The only person who is closest to me right now is you!”

Lu Xiaofeng felt a bit of bitterness, and a bit of ache, in his heart.

But if anyone wanted to do something for the good of a lot of people, he must be ready to make a little sacrifice.

He struggled hard to pretend that he did not see the tears in her eyes, he fought himself hard not to think about this thing.

Even if he wanted to show remorse and shed some tears, he had to wait until tomorrow, because right now he still had a lot of things to do.

Because he was Lu Xiaofeng.

Someone trimmed the wick of the lamp, the underground room grew brighter.

Old Sabre Honcho calmed down instead; he asked, “Since you already seized control of the situation, why did you proceed according to my plan?”

“Because we still don’t know who Old Sabre Honcho really is,” Lu Xiaofeng said, “Therefore, we need to lure you into the net.”

It was the critical phase of his plan, because even now, he still has not seen Old Sabre Honcho’s true identity.

In fact, no one has.

Old Sabre Honcho let out a cold laugh and said, “Now finally you will soon see who I am. Too bad Tie Jian and the others will never know.”

Lu Xiaofeng suddenly chuckled again and said, “You really think they are all dead? Look again, who are they?”

The entrance to the underground room suddenly opened, a group of people slowly came in one by one. They were precisely the people who were lying in pools of blood a moment ago; Tie Jian, Wang Shidai, Gao Xingkong, Shuishang Fei, Xiao Gu of Mount Ba, Yingyan Laoqi, and the five top experts of Wudang School.

Surprisingly the big, tall, majestic looking old man was also among them.

Shi Yan was the last.

As he walked down, the door to the underground room was still open.

Lu Xiaofeng was just speaking, “With disguising experts like Wang Laoqianbei [old senior], Sikong Zhaixing and Canine Master, pretending to be dead is not a very difficult thing to do; besides …”

He had not finished speaking, Old Sabre Honcho suddenly leaped up, and then like an arrow he flew out. A sword appeared in his palm, a sword that was out of its sheath.

His body and his sword seemed to blend into a single entity, as with lightning-fast speed he attacked Shi Yan.

Shi Yan also had a sword.

The secret inside the hilt has been removed, but the Seven-star Sword had returned to his hand.

He wanted to draw the sword, but suddenly he felt a stab of pain below his ribs; the new wound and the old ailment flared-up simultaneously.

Old Sabre Honcho’s sword had reached his throat, the person himself had also arrived behind Shi Yan’s back; and then with one hand he twisted Shi Yan’s arm and said, “Anybody dares to move, I’ll kill him immediately!”

No one dared to move.

Although he had an incurable disease, no one could see this Sect Leader of Wudang, this honest, considerate and upright senior, die under the sword.

Therefore, everybody could only watch Old Sabre Honcho stepped backwards.

With a cold laugh Old Sabre Honcho said, “Although my plan is not successful, your plan seems to fail at the final moment as well.”

With a bitter laugh Lu Xiaofeng said, “If we agree to let you go, will you let us see your true identity?”

“I won’t,” Old Sabre Honcho replied.

He laughed aloud, and then said, “No one can ever see my true identity, not ever.”

His laughter stopped abruptly.

His body suddenly lunged forward, and then rolled down along seven, eight stone steps, until he finally stopped face down on the ground, with blood gushing out of his back like a fountain.

His bamboo rain hat also rolled away.

A man slowly descended the stone steps; there was a sword in his hand, the tip of the sword was still dripping blood.

Lu Xiaofeng’s countenance suddenly changed.

If it were not for the fact that he was still wearing a mask, everybody would have been greatly shocked.

Because his countenance has become too terrifying.