Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lu Xiaofeng Book 5: Mansion of Spirits

Thank you Foxs!

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Default Chapter 9 - Part 2

ycb, DongBin, Clown, Anh, Jaya, HPC, you are welcome. Had some extra time this weekend, here's some more.

No one could describe his appearance. No one could, no one dared, but also no one could bear to describe.

Although Lu Xiaofeng’s mind was completely blank and he was delirious, seeing this man, he still could not refrain from shuddering and wanting to vomit.

The shadow laughed coldly and said, “Now that you’ve seen me, you think that I am very ugly, don’t you?”

Lu Xiaofeng could not deny.

The shadow said, “If you have been pushed down from a cliff hundreds of zhang high, and soaked down in the mud for dozens of days, you’d have become like this too.”

His laughter was more sorrowful than crying, “Formerly, not only I was not as ugly as you are, I could be considered a handsome man.”

Lu Xiaofeng did not pay attention to his last sentence; his question was, “You have been pushed down from a cliff hundreds of zhang high, and soaked down in the mud for dozens of days, yet you did not die?”

With a miserable laugh the shadow said, “I don’t know either how I survived, it was as if God was helping me, yet God has also deliberately trying to torment me.”

This man could live up to now, it was indeed a miracle; yet this miracle was just brought about by some rotten leaves.

The rotting leaves on the swamp produced some kind of exotic fungus; it was as if this special fungus could miraculously heal human’s festering wound.

The shadow said, “I depended on things that had not been rotting in the mud to fill my stomach; after dozens of day I was finally able to crawl out. Afterwards I realized that the mud seems to be beneficial to my injury; hence every time my wound started to turn into festering boil, I dipped myself into the mud. Over the years, it had become a habit.”

Finally Lu Xiaofeng understood why this man’s body could easily twist and turn like a snake.

The shadow continued, “But this condition was really unbearable to me; fortunately later on I accidentally discovered that cannabis leaves can help me forget my many sufferings. That’s the reason I can still be alive until now.”

The amazing resilience power of life, the fantastic fit of all living things, beyond anything humanity are capable to imagine.

Lu Xiaofeng heaved a deep sigh; the shadow in front of him gradually return to its original shape. All along he willed himself to concentrate; it’s a pity that although by now the effect of the drug has gradually disappeared, his acupoints were sealed.

Suddenly he asked, “You knew that I am Lu Xiaofeng; did you recognize me?”

“I did not,” the shadow replied, “But I have seen you.”

“When did you see me?” Lu Xiaofeng asked.

“A moment ago,” the shadow replied.

“You saw me a moment ago?” Lu Xiaofeng asked.

The shadow said, “You have discovered my secret, I should have killed you to close your mouth; it was precisely because I have seen you that you are still alive until now.”

Lu Xiaofeng was even more confused. “Why?” he asked.

The shadow said, “Because all in all you are not a bad person; you did not seize the opportunity to bully Ah Xue.”

His voice suddenly became emotional, “Ah Xue has always been a good child, I don’t want her to be bullied.”

Lu Xiaofeng was shocked. “What are you to her?” he asked.

The shadow was unwilling to answer this question; he asked instead, “Why did Ximen Chuixue want to kill you? What kind of enmity do you have against him?”

Lu Xiaofeng hesitated, but in the end he decided to tell the truth, “He saw me sleeping in the same bed with his wife.”

The shadow did not say anything; he stared at Lu Xiaofeng for a long time. Suddenly he let out a strange laughter and said, “Now I understand why you are coming to Mansion of Spirits.”

“I came to escape disaster,” Lu Xiaofeng said.

“No you don’t,” the shadow said.

“Even you did not want to die,” Lu Xiaofeng said, “Naturally I don’t want to die either.”

The shadow said, “You are not afraid to die; you came here just because you wanted to unearth the secret of this place.”

His voice was brimming with confidence, “Even a woman like Ah Xue failed to tempt you, how could you steal Ximen Chuixue’s wife?”

Lu Xiaofeng sighed. “I just want to ask you one thing,” he said.

“Go ahead,” the shadow said.

Lu Xiaofeng said, “If I were a spy, how could Old Sabre Honcho let me live till now? He is such a formidable character, you should know it better than I do.”

The shadow suddenly shook, his body suddenly curled up into a ball, immediately his eyes were brimming with grief and indignation, with hatred and fear.

Lu Xiaofeng slowly said, “Of course you do, because the person who pushed you down from the high cliff was precisely him!”

The shadow was shaking even harder.

Lu Xiaofeng sighed and said, “But don’t worry, I will never reveal this secret.”

“Why?” the shadow could not help asking.

“Because I really like Ye Xue,” Lu Xiaofeng said, “I will never harm her father.”

The shadow cowered and took a step back; his voice was hoarse, “Who’s her father?” he asked.

“You are,” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

The shadow suddenly dropped down, lying on the ground; even his breathing had stopped.

But he was not dead; after a long time he sighed and said, “You are right, I am. Everybody thought I was dead, even they, the sisters, thought I was dead.”

Lu Xiaofeng said, “At least you have to tell them that you are still alive.”

The shadow sprang up and said, “You must never tell them; never!”

“Why?” Lu Xiaofeng asked.

The shadow said, “Because no matter what I can’t let them see me like this. I would rather …”

Suddenly he stopped. Pressing his ear to the ground, he listened for a long time, and then he said in a low voice, “You must never tell anyone that you have seen me, please, I beg you.”

By the time he said the last three words, he had already disappeared. With these three words he was indeed pleading earnestly.

Then, after a long time Lu Xiaofeng finally heard footsteps, someone was coming, treading on dead leaves.

Lu Xiaofeng only hoped that it would be Ye Xue.

But the incoming person was not Ye Xue, it was Ye Ling.

When she saw Lu Xiaofeng, she was shocked as well, but soon she calmed down.

Apparently this little Miss was a lot more cool-headed than anyone gave her credit for; she was a lot more experienced. She asked, “Just now I heard people talking, whom did you talk to?”

“No one,” Lu Xiaofeng said, “I was talking to myself.”

Ye Ling laughed. She winked and laughed and said, “Since when do you like to talk to yourself?”

“When I found out that friends are not very reliable,” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

“Then why did you lie down in here alone?” Ye Ling asked.

“Because I like to,” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

Ye Ling laughed again. With hands behind her back, she walked around Lu Xiaofeng, twice. Suddenly she said, “You sealed your own acupoints, it must be because you also iike to do it.”

Lu Xiaofeng could only laugh bitterly. He was forced to admit that this little Miss’ eyesight was also a lot keener than people gave her credit for. But he was also confident that he could still deal with her.

For people like him, lying to a little girl like her was not too difficult to do.

“Most of the leaves and wild mushrooms around here are poisonous, I ate some by accident, hence I was forced to seal a couple of my own acupoints, so that the poison would not attack my heart.”

He suddenly found out that lying was not too difficult to do.

Ye Ling stared at him; she seemed to believe him, yet she said nothing.

Lu Xiaofeng sighed and said, “Only after I sealed my acupoints did I realize a grave problem: I couldn’t unseal it myself. Luckily you are here now; indeed I must thank the Heaven and thank the Earth.”

Ye Ling was still staring at him without saying anything.

Lu Xiaofeng said, “I know you can unseal the acupoints for me, you have always been a very resourceful person.”

Ye Ling suddenly said, “You wait here, I’ll be right back.”

Finished speaking, she flew away without even looking back.

Lu Xiaofeng was dumbfounded.

Fortunately as soon as Ye Ling left, the shadow suddenly appeared.

Lu Xiaofeng was relieved. He said, “Whatever you want to do, I’ll do it. I promise. Now can you let me go?”

The shadow’s answer was very blunt, “Cannot.”

“Because I really want to see how Ah Ling is going to deal with you,” the shadow replied.

There was a hint of laughter in his voice, “That little girl has always been mischievous; the tricks she played, sometimes even caught me by surprise.”

Lu Xiaofeng wanted to laugh, but he simply could not, because in truth he also could not guess how Ye Ling would deal with him. He only knew that this crafty girl was capable of doing anything.
    Last edited by foxs; 03-20-14 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks foxs

Default Thanks Foxs!

Thanks foxs!

... cannabis leaves ... That’s the reason I can still alive until now.”

... am still alive until now ....

Thks foxs.

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thank u Foxs!

Thanks foxs

Default Chapter 9 - Part 3

ycb, Justin, Jaya, HPC, Clown, Anh, you are welcome. DongBin, how about 'can still be alive'? Because it was what enabled him to stay alive.

He was going to talk it out with the shadow, but the shadow disappeared once more. And then he heard footsteps on the dead leaves.

This time the footsteps sounded heavier, Ye Ling also arrived a lot quicker than the last time. In her hand she had some unknown herbs; evidently she has just picked it. As soon as she stopped and caught her breath, she said, “Eat it!”

Lu Xiaofeng was shocked, “You want me to eat this crap weeds?”

With a straight face Ye Ling said, “This is not weeds, this is a life-saving medicine, that I worked so hard to find for you.”

She went on to explain, “Unsealing your acupoints is so easy, but after the acupoints are unsealed, if by any chance the poison attack your heart, won’t I be harming you instead? Therefore, I must find you the antidote first.”

“Right now the poison in my body seems to be dissipating,” Lu Xiaofeng said.

“It doesn’t seem like it,” Ye Ling said, “We must completely eradicate the poison from your system; besides, this kind of medicinal herb is beneficial to your body anyway, eating a bit more won’t do you any harm.”

While her mouth was busy talking, Lu Xiaofeng’s mouth could not speak at all, because it was being stuffed with herbs.

He suddenly found out that the saying ‘good medicine tastes bitter’ made a lot of sense. It doesn’t matter if this herbs was very beneficial to him, he simply did not wish to try it the second time.

With so much difficulty he was finally able to swallow the grass into his stomach. Ye Ling was visibly relieved; she blinked and asked, “How are you feeling? Did it taste good?”

Lu Xiaofeng said, “Baa, baa …”

“What is that?” Ye Ling asked.

“That’s sheep,” Lu Xiaofeng said, “I suddenly feel that I have turned into a sheep.”

Ye Ling laughed; she said sweetly, “I love little sheep. Come, let me hold you.”

Unexpectedly she really held Lu Xiaofeng; her strength was indeed not small.

Lu Xiaofeng was shocked, “What are you holding me for? Why haven’t you unseal my acupoints?”

“Right now the poison has not been completely eradicated,” Ye Ling said, “This is not a good place to linger, I must carry you someplace else.”

“Where are you carrying me?” Lu Xiaofeng asked.

“Naturally to a good place,” Ye Ling replied, “A very, very good place.”

Lu Xiaofeng could only smile wryly.

Being carried away by a young girl who was young enough to be his own daughter, naturally the feeling was not too pleasant.

But this young girl’s breasts were obviously very mature, her body also smelled so good. Lu Xiaofeng had no choice but to close his eyes; he wanted to meditate like an old monk; but Ye Ling suddenly sang:

“Little girl carrying a clay doll,
    Came to the garden to admire the flowers,
    I told the doll to listen to me,
    The doll calls me little mama.”

Half of this song was sung by Lu Xiaofeng, she made up the other half, but it was very fitting. Listening to the song, it was only natural that Lu Xiaofeng did not know whether he should laugh or he should cry. And at that moment, he suddenly discover another matter that he did not know whether he should laugh or cry.

He suddenly felt something was not right. At first he still did not know what went wrong. And it would be better if he did not know, because as soon as he found out, he felt even worse.

-- He suddenly discovered that unexpectedly he had become a cat on on a hot tin roof. [alright, alright, the original text does not have the word ‘tin’ …] A male cat.

If he were really on a hot roof, it would be a bit better. But the fact was that he was in the embrace of a young woman, a soft and sweet-smelling young woman. And this young woman was clearly someone that he must not let his heart be moved by.

He repeatedly warned himself, “She is just a little kid, I must not think about this kind of things; I absolutely must not …”

Too bad that there are certain things that even if you don’t want to think about, you will find that you are fighting a losing battle. Just like ‘it is going to rain, wifey wants to cheat on you’. Nothing you can do about it. [Translator’s note: I am not sure about this, perhaps some Chinese saying.]

Lu Xiaofeng knew that a certain part of his body has changed, a change that a healthy man in the prime of his life is absolutely helpless to prevent.

His only hope was that Ye Ling would not notice.

He did not dare to look at Ye Ling, not even a single glance.

Yet obviously Ye Ling was looking at him. She suddenly said, “Why is your face red? Are you having a fever?”

Lu Xiaofeng did not have any choice but mumbling some obscure reply, something that even he himself did not know what he was talking about.

Luckily Ye Ling did not ask further; luckier still, he was basically unable to move at all.

If his acupoints were not sealed, what could he possibly do?

He did not even dare to think about it.

Ye Ling suddenly said, “Looks like the herbs is finally working.”

Lu Xiaofeng could not help asking, “What kind of herb was that? Was if a life-saving [救命 – jiuming], or life-killing [要命 – yaoming, could also mean annoying, desperate, awful, terrible, etc.]?”

“Life-killing,” Ye Ling replied.

She suddenly stopped, put down Lu Xiaofeng, and lay him down on a pile of soft leaves and grass.

When Lu Xiaofeng opened his eyes, he found out that they were in a cave. With arms akimbo, Ye Ling was standing in front of him, and grinning wickedly like a little demon.

“Don’t you feel terrible [see above] right now?” she asked.

With a bitter laugh Lu Xiaofeng replied, “Practically I feel damn desperately terrible.”

Ye Ling said, “I know what kind of medicine can cure you.”

“What medicine?” Lu Xiaofeng asked.

“Me,” Ye Ling replied, while pointing at her own nose, “Only I can cure you.”

Lu Xiaofeng stared at her.

She was not a little girl anymore; the places that were supposed to be big were already big.

Clenching his teeth, Lu Xiaofeng said bitterly, “You ask for it, don’t blame me.”

“I won’t blame you,” Ye Ling said, “What are you going to do?”

Nothing. Lu Xiaofeng could not do anything, because he could not even move.

-- A moment ago he felt so fortunate, but now it has become a misfortune.

He just felt that he was about to burst any time.

Ye Ling looked at him. She giggled and said, “Do you know that sometimes a time like this could make you desperate?”

Lu Xiaofeng knew.

He believed that right now no one else in the world could know it better than he did.

Worse yet, he had seen her legs. Nobody knew since when did this little demon’s leg was suddenly exposed outside her clothes.

Her leg was curvaceous, slender, and firm.

Lu Xiaofeng’s voice became a moan, “Why do you have to kill me?”

Ye Ling replied in tender voice, “I really want to help you. I really like you, too bad …”

She ran a finger along Lu Xiaofeng’s body, “I am also a virgin, no man has ever touched me.”

It was precisely what her older sister has just said, she even imitated the tone of her voice.

Suddenly Lu Xiaofeng understood. Ye Xue’s secret little world was not as secret as she imagined it would be.

Suddenly Ye Ling let out a cold laugh and said, “To tell you the truth, I have seen everything that the two of you did over there, I have seen everything clearly.”

“She is your [older] sister …” Lu Xiaofeng said.

“She is not my sister!” Ye Ling said in a loud voice, “She is my natural enemy, everything that I liked, she always wanted to snatch it away from me.”

“I …” Lu Xiaofeng started, but Ye Ling cut him off, “She clearly knew I saw you first, yet she still wanted to snatch you. But this time I will not let her, you are mine, I want to marry you.”

Suddenly she broke into laughter, a very sweet, and tender laughter, “Actually, if you say it is you who wanted to marry me, I am fine with it. Either way, I agree.”

Things have come to this, what else could Lu Xiaofeng say?

The cave was dark and quiet, twilight drew near.

After a moment of quietness, Ye Ling suddenly broke into crying. But it was not clear whether she cried of excessive grief, or because she had suffered enough injustice.

“You bullied me; how could you bully me like that? You ruined my life forever.”

Actually, who bullied who? Who harmed who?

Lu Xiaofeng only smiled wryly; he did not dare to laugh. No matter what, she was a little girl; not only that, she was a little girl who has never let a man touch her.

If a man had done something to a little girl like he had just done to her, what else could the man say?

“That thing that you promised just now, do you already have regret?”

“No, I don’t.”

“You really don’t have regret?”

“Really.”

She laughed. And she laughed as if she was really a little girl.

“Let’s go, we are going home.” She grabber his hand, “From now on, you are a married man. As long as you don’t go looking for other women, I will definitely wait on you like I am waiting upon the Emperor.”

The sun set in the west, twilight covered the mountain.

Lu Xiaofeng suddenly felt very tired. In all his life, he has never felt this tired.

It was not because of that life-killing grass, and it was not because of that ‘terrible thing’ either. This kind of tiredness seemed to stem from his own mind.

When in his heart a man is prepared to abandon everything, he would feel this kind of tiredness.

-- Perhaps I really should be a ‘married man’.

Under this kind of beautiful sunset, looking at Ye Ling’s child-like smile on her face, in his heart he indeed had a thought.

-- No matter what she did, she did it all because she liked me.

Her smile was even sweeter. He could not help pulling her hand.

Right this moment they heard the bell ringing in the distance, it seemed like Mansion of Spirits was going to have another banquet tonight.

Could it be that the Old Sabre Honcho has already prepared a wedding feast for them?
    Last edited by foxs; 03-22-14 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks, foxs - didn't expect one tonight!

edit: minor error

When in his heart a man iss prepared to abandon everything, he would feel this kind of tiredness.
    Last edited by ycb5959; 03-20-14 at 11:40 AM.

Ta!

While her mouth was busy talking, Lu Xiaofeng’s mouth could speak at all, because it was being stuffed with herbs.

Mouth could not speak ....?

Thks foxs for a quick update.

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks Foxs!
    DongBin, don't u ever speed read? I never caught any of the stuff u guys seem to be catching....

Thanks foxs

Default Chapter 10 - Part 1

ycb, DongBin, thanks, I fixed it. Jaya, HPC, you are welcome. Clown, you are like me ... I don't usually see, or if I did, I don't pay any attention.

Chapter 10 – Taking chances in scaling the peak of the pavilion
    (Translated by Foxs)

The banquet had not started yet, because everybody was still waiting for someone, someone who could not be absent.

Lu Xiaofeng walked in quietly, Ye Ling followed behind him with a smile on her face; her smile was very cheerful, but Lu Xiaofeng was wearing a sour look on his face. He was hoping that nobody would notice him, but obviously everybody noticed him, all eyes were on him, their expression looked a bit strange.

Old Sabre Honcho stared at him and said, “You are late.”

Lu Xiaofeng said, “I was lost, I …”

Basically Old Sabre Honcho did not hear whatever he said, because he continued, “But I know that you would come as soon as you heard the bell; hence everybody is waiting for you, and we have been waiting for a long time.”

Lu Xiaofeng forced a laugh and said, “Actually, you need not wait for me.”

“But today we simply must wait,” Old Sabre Honcho said.

“Because today is a celebration day,” Old Sabre Honcho said.

“Whose celebration?” Lu Xiaofeng asked.

“Yours,” Old Sabre Honcho replied.

Lu Xiaofeng was dumbfounded. He really did not know how Old Sabre Honcho could find out about this matter. Could it be that Old Sabre Honcho sent Ye Ling to do this?

Ye Ling did not say anything, he did not turn to look at her either; even more, he did not dare to look at Ye Xue, who was sitting right next to Old Sabre Honcho.

All along Ye Xue was looking down, unexpectedly she did not look at Lu Xiaofeng either.

Old Sabre Honcho said, “This place has always seen funerals, but after you came here, at long last you have given us a reason to celebrate.”

His tone gradually relaxed as he continued, “Everybody here are also very much in favor of this matter. You and Ah Xue are indeed a very good pair.”

Lu Xiaofeng was shocked. “Ah Xue?”

Old Sabre Honcho nodded. “I have asked her,” he said, “She obeys me completely, and I am sure you would not object.”

Lu Xiaofeng was stunned again.

Ye Ling, who sat behind him, suddenly cried out, “I object!”

Everybody’s countenance changed dramatically. Nobody has ever imagined that someone actually dared to go against the Old Sabre Honcho.

Ye Xue lifted up her head; she looked at her younger sister in shock.

Ye Ling stood up and said loudly, “I strongly object, even if I have to die I will object!”

Old Sabre Honcho angrily said, “In that case you’d better die quickly!”

Ye Ling was unfazed. “If I die, Lu Xiaofeng will die with me.”

“Says who?” Old Sabre Honcho said sternly.

“I don’t care who said that,” Ye Ling replied, “Because he and I are already husband and wife who live together and die together.”

This last sentence shocked everybody even more. Ye Xue’s face was suddenly drained of any color. “You married him?” she asked.

Ye Ling raised her head high and said with a cold laugh, “That’s right, I have married him, I have given everything to him. This time I am one step ahead of you. He does not want you, he wants me.”

Ye Xue’s entire body shook. “You … you lie!” she said.

Ye Ling pulled Lu Xiaofeng’s arm. “Why don’t you tell her?” she said, “Everything I said is the truth.”

Each word she said was like a needle. Lu Xiaofeng did not need to speak up, everybody knew that she was not lying.

Ye Xue suddenly stood up, threw the table in front of her, and stormed out without ever looking back.

Ye Ling’s confidence soared; pulling Lu Xiaofeng’s arm, she went straight toward Old Sabre Honcho and said, “Ah Xue is your goddaughter, and I am too; why aren’t you willing to support me?”

Old Sabre Honcho stared at her; from underneath the bamboo rain hat, his eyes seemed to shoot arrows. He said coldly, “Have the two of you really made an oath to become man and wife for the rest of your life?”

“Of course we have,” Ye Ling replied.

“Very well,” Old Sabre Honcho said, “I will support you. After three months, I will personally officiate your wedding.”

“Why do we have to wait for three months?” Ye Ling asked.

Old Sabre Honcho’s voice was stern, “Because I said so. Do you dare not to obey my words?”

Ye Ling did not dare.

Old Sabre Honcho said, “In these three months, I forbid you to see each other. After three months, if you have not changed your mind, I will let you get married.”

Without giving Ye Ling any opportunity to talk, he ordered Liu Qingqing, “These three months, I am handing Lu Xiaofeng to you!”

Ye Ling bit her lip. Suddenly she stomped her foot and stormed out; but as she reached the door, she looked back and gave Lu Xiaofeng a venomous gaze, “You listen to me, if you ever dare to touch another woman, I will steal a hundred men for you to see, I want you to wear a hundred green hats.” [Wearing green hat: a man whose spouse cheated on him, a cuckold.]

The banquet in the main hall was over, the people dispersed. Liu Qingqing had her small kitchen staff to prepare several kinds of dishes.

The dishes were exquisite, the wine was of top-quality; she was a woman of a very good taste. And she seemed to understand men very well.

Lu Xiaofeng did not talk, she simply sat quietly by his side, keeping him company. Lu Xiaofeng’s cup was empty, she immediately poured more wine.

The dishes were not touched, but the wine was nearly gone.

Finally Lu Xiaofeng looked up and fixed his gaze on her. Suddenly he said, “Why don’t you yell at me?”

Liu Qingqing said, “Why would I want to yell at you?”

Lu Xiaofeng said, “Because I am a jerk [orig. hun dan, muddled-egg], because I …”

Liu Qingqing did not let him continue; she said in tender voice, “You don’t need to feel sorry for me. I am older than you are, I have never had any ambition to marry you, I just want to be your friend.”

She smiled. A very coquettish smile. “If you agree,” she added, “I could be your mistress.”

Lu Xiaofeng could only let out a wry smile.

If she really yelled at him, perhaps he would feel a bit better. Even if she slapped him several times, he would not care.

Liu Qingqing continued, “But I know you will never take such a risk.”

“Take what risk?” Lu Xiaofeng asked.

“The risk of wearing green hat,” Liu Qingqing said. “That little demon is capable of doing whatever she dares to say.”

She chuckled again and said, “Actually, she cannot be considered little demon anymore, she is already seventeen. When I was seventeen, I was already married.”

Lu Xiaofeng started to drink again.

Liu Qingqing watched as he drank several more bowls. Suddenly she asked, “Are you thinking about Ah Xue right now?”

Lu Xiaofeng shook his head right away.

Liu Qingqing said, “You are not thinking about her, but I am a bit concerned about her. She has always been stubborn, someone who is most concerned about her dignity, but today she lost such a big face in front of everybody, I am afraid …”

Lu Xiaofeng could not help asking, “What are you afraid of?”

Liu Qingqing started to speak, but she stopped herself. Actually, she did not need to speak, because what she was about to say, no one would not not understand it.

Lu Xiaofeng suddenly laughed coldly and said, “If you are afraid that she was going to kill herself, you are wrong.”

“Oh?” Liu Qingqing said.

Lu Xiaofeng said, “She is definitely not a woman who is unable to take a lighter view, plus she and I don’t have that kind of relationship.”

Liu Qingqing did not argue, she could see that Lu Xiaofeng had a bit of drunkenness and a bit of remorse in him.

But what did he regret? Was it what he did to Ximen Chuixue? Or was it about Ye Xue?

Anybody who rejected that kind of girl would inevitably feel some kind of regret.

Perhaps he regretted marrying Ye Ling. In reality, they could not be considered a perfect couple.

Liu Qingqing sighed inwardly as she poured another cup of wine for him. The night was deep, being sober might be too painful instead, he might as well be drunk.

Therefore, she poured another cup for herself. Suddenly from the outside someone said, “Leave a cup for me.”

The visitor was, unexpectedly, Cousin. Liu Qingqing coldly said, “Since when did you start to think that I’ll invite you for a drink?”

Cousin’s expression was very peculiar; he was short of breath. Forcing a laugh, he said, “Originally, I did not come here to drink wine.”

“What did you come here for?” Liu Qingqing asked.

“I am here to deliver news,” Cousin replied.

Thanks for another exciting update, foxs!