Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Lu Xiaofeng Book 5: Mansion of Spirits

金钱豹 - Spotted Leopard.

Thks foxs.

Default Chapter 11 - Part 1

Jaya, ycb, Ysabel, Anh, HPC, you are welcome. DongBin, thanks. By definition, leopards have spots. I checked ... I guess in Chinese the 'spotted' part is to differentiate it from panthers.

Chapter 11 – Operation Thunder
    (Translated by Foxs)

These were the four stages of the Operation Thunder:

-- Stage One: personnel assignment and mission statement of each person.

-- Stage Two: assume disguises and go down the mountain in batches.

-- Stage Three: assemble at the appointed place and prepare to strike.

-- Stage Four: the actual operation.

The meeting today was only the first stage, and it already made people trembling with fear.

Now that the heavy and tense atmosphere in the hall had reached its peak, Old Sabre Honcho stood up.

“In this world, there are a lot of people who should be dead long ago, yet no one dared to take any action to punish them. There are a lot of matters that should be dealt with long ago, yet no one dared to take any action to do it. And now we are going to deal with exactly these people, to deal with exactly these matters.”

Lu Xiaofeng suddenly discovered that this man was a born leader; not only he was calm, cool-headed, and well-planned, he was extremely eloquence as well. In just a few words he was able to lay down the objective of the operation very clearly.

“Our operation will be like thurderbolt from the sky, hence it is called the Operation Thunder.”

In that vast hall, only thing that could be heard was the sound of breathing and the heartbeat of these people; everybody was waiting for him to continue.

Old Sabre Honcho paused his speech for a very long time, just like the short period of silence a moment before the storm; but it also seemed that he was giving the audience the chance to prepare their hearts to hear the earth-shattering sound of the thunderbolt.

“There are seven people that we have to deal with first.” He paused again before revealing the names of these seven people, “Shi Yan of Wudang, Tiejian [lit. iron shoulder] of Shaolin, Wang Shidai [lit. ten-pouch king, or Wang The Ten-pouch; not sure if this is his name or simply a title] of Beggar Clan, Flying Over The Water of Yangtze [River], Gao Xingkong [lit. skywalker] of Yandang [mountains, southeast Zhejiang], Priest Xiao Gu of Bashan [mountain, eastern Sichuan], and Yingyan Laoqi [lit. Hawk Eye the seventh] of the Twelve-Dock Alliance [see also Book 6].”

The hall, which was originally very quiet, grew even quieter, almost like inside a tomb, even the sound of breathing and heartbeat had stopped.

Although Lu Xiaofeng already knew that the matter he wanted to accomplish was a big matter, yet as he heard each name mentioned, he could not help but was shocked.

After a long time, some people started to wipe their sweats, some started to drink, and several people quietly ducked down underneath the table to throw up.

But Old Sabre Honcho’s voice was even calmer, “If this operation is successful, not only it will create a bigger sensation than today, the Jianghu will be shaken, and it will be advantageous for everyone.”

He paused again, “I have planned every detail of this operation well, it should have had a hundred percent chance of success; too bad that in every step of the way, it was difficult to avoid the unexpected. Therefore, there will be unavoidable dangers in this operation, so I won’t force anybody to participate.”

His blade-like gaze, from under the bamboo rain hat, swept past everybody’s face in the hall. “Those who do not wish to participate may stand up now, I will definitely not force you.”

Once again a hush blanketed the hall. Old Sabre Honcho slowly sat down, and to everybody’s surprise, he poured another half a goblet of wine.

Lu Xiaofeng could not help picking up his cup as well, and found out that his palm was sweaty.

Up to this time, still no one stood up. But suddenly someone asked, “Those who do not wish to go, can they still stay in this place?”

“Yes,” Old Sabre Honcho’s answer was very sure, “You may stay as long as you wish.”

The man who asked the question hesitated for a moment, but in the end he slowly stood up, followed by his big, protruding belly.

Lu Xiaofeng suddenly remembered this man. Twenty years ago, there were four freaks in Jianghu, one was extremely fat, one extremely thin, one extremely tall, and one was extremely short. The one who was as fat as a pig was called Zhu Fei, which read backward became ‘fat pig’ [fei zhu, different characters].

But those who knew him knew that not only he was not a pig, but he was absolutely capable; those who had fought him knew even better that he was definitely not a pig, because not only his movements were very fast, he was ruthless as well. His ‘Eighty-one Styles of Blooming Flowers Filling the Earth’ from Ditang Saber Technique was a consumate skill that was rarely seen in Wulin.

Lu Xiaofeng knew for sure that this man must be Zhu Fei, but he had never expected that he would be the first person to stand up.

Zhu Fei was not a coward who was afraid of death.

“But I can’t go,” he reasoned, “Because I am too fat, my appearance is too obvious; no matter what kind of disguise I am going to take, people would recognize me immediately.”

It was a very good reason. So much so that Old Sabre Honcho had no choice but to admit it, yet he could not help sighing in regret.

Zhu Fei’s Ditang skill has been unmatched in Jianghu until today; clearly Old Sabre Honcho could use talents like this.

But he only sighed quietly without saying anything. Therefore, other people also found the guts to stand up.

-- If there is the first, it was only natural that there will also be the second, the third, and so on.

All along Old Sabre Honcho only looked on coldly, not even batting an eyelid; until the thirteenth person stood up, and then he was visibly emotionally moved.

This man had a plain appearance with wooden expression, he looked totally unremarkable.

But if a man could emotionally move Old Sabre Honcho, he was definitely not an ordinary character.

“You are not going either?” Old Sabre Honcho asked.

This man’s face was completely emotionless. “You said those who don’t want to go to stand up, so I stood up,” he said indifferently.

“Why don’t you go?” Old Sabre Honcho asked.

The man replied, “Because my wetsuit and harpoon went missing.”

As soon as he said those words, Lu Xiaofeng could not help being shaken as well. He really never expected that this unremarkable man with wooden expression could be one of the six island masters of the South Sea Swords of the past, whose reputation was second only to the Master of the White Cloud Castle.

This man was unexpectedly the ‘Flying Fish Island Master’ Yu Huan!

On land, the Master of the White Cloud Castle was a swordsman whose name shook the heavens. On water, he was definitely could not be compared to Yu Huan.

In the operation this time, Old Sabre Honcho definitely could use someone with ultimate water skill like him.

With a loud ‘crash’, the wine cup in his hand was suddenly crushed and shattered.

Almost simultaneously, there was a miserable cry. The person sitting right next to Du Tiexin had just stood up, but he fell down again right on the table, crushing a row of wine cups that wine spilled everywhere.

And then everybody could see blood flowing along the wine, dying the tablecloth red.

The pair of chopsticks in Du Tiexin’s hand had already turned red; obviously it was also dyed red by the blood.

Yu Huan quickly turned around and asked, “Did you kill him?”

Du Tiexin admitted, “This is the first time I am using chopsticks to kill.”

“Why did you kill him?” Yu Huan asked.

Du Tiexin replied, “Because he knew too many secrets. If he was alive, all of us might die instead.”

Using the chopsticks stained with blood, he picked up a piece of scallop, which he then chewed slowly. He did not even blink his eyes. The ‘Ruthless Pungent Hand’ Du Tiexin was indeed able to kill without blinking an eye; a ruthless character.

Yu Huan stared at him; he said slowly, “He knew a lot of secrets, and I do too. Are you going to kill me as well?”

“That’s right,” Du Tiexin coldly replied. Still without blinking his eyes he added, “Those who don’t go, don’t even think that one of you will walk away from this room alive.”

Yu Huan’s countenance changed; before he could say anything, someone else said, “If that was Old Sabre Honcho who said it, I would accept misfortunes as decreed by fate, but you …”

He could not finish, because a chopstick was flying from the side, it pierced his left ear, and came out of his right.

The toothless old granny had only one chopstick left in her hand; she sighed while mumbling, “Double-log bridge is easy to cross, a single-log bridge is hard to pass; it looks like I will have to eat with my hands.”

She really grabbed a piece of pork ribs with her hand and gnawed it with gusto with her only two teeth.

‘Crash!’ the person whose ears were pierced by the chopstick fell down right on top of bowls and cups on the table.

From the people who already stood up, some tried to stealthily sit back down. Du Tiexin coldly said, “Those who already stand up are not allowed to sit down.”

Zhu Fei could not refrain from asking, “And whose idea is it?”

“It’s our collective idea,” Du Tiexin replied.

Zhu Fei hesitated. In the end he forced a laugh and said, “The fact is, it’s not that I don’t want to go, it’s just that I am too fat. If you want me to go, you must roll me like noodle and make me a bit thinner.”

“Alright,” Du Tiexin said, “Roll him!”

The dwarf with round face and big head suddenly jumped up and shouted, “I’ll do it!”

His head was as big as a bucket, but his body was thin and small, when he stood up, he looked like a round persimmon stuck onto a half-length chopstick or a pen; he looked really funny.

But Zhu Fei did not laugh, instead, his countenance changed. The man standing in front of him looked like a kid, but he was terribly frightened by the man.

Looking at the horror on his face, and then looking at the man’s head, Lu Xiaofeng’s countenance also changed. Could it be that this man was one of the Western Top Ghost Bunch, the one with the blackest heart and pungent hand, the ‘Big Head Ghost King’ Sikong Dou [‘dou’ means bucket]?

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks Foxs, I forgot that the story was not completed until I kept seeing new messages in thread

Again, thanks!

Quite right foxs. The Chinese word 豹 encompass the related sub species in the leopard family, such as panther (黑豹), cheetah (猎豹) or even snow leopard, jaguar too.

Thks for a quick update.

Thanks foxs for a quick update.

Thanks foxs

Thanks Foxs!!

Default Chapter 11 - Part 2

Jaya, ycb, HPC, Clown, you are welcome. Owl, I see that you are doing translation, best of luck to you, and welcome to the club. I have not read it, but I will. DongBin, Ysabel, things have quieted down a bit, hence I want to catch up as much as I can. But don't expect this to last forever ...

He was not mistaken, because Zhu Fei really shouted the name, “Sikong Dou, this has nothing to do with you, what do you want?”

“I want to roll you,” Sikong Dou said. He also had a pair of chopsticks, which he then pressed between his palms. As if he was rubbing Zhu Fei in between his hands, he exerted his strength and rolled the chopsticks. Suddenly a cloud of powder like snow fell down.

When he opened his hands, the chopsticks had disappeared. Unexpectedly his child-like hands were able to turn the pair of chopsticks, which could be use to kill just like a pair of sharp swords, into a pile of dust.

Zhu Fei’s face twisted, it was as if his entire body had turned soft as he collapsed into a chair. But when Sikong Dou was ready to pounce, he suddenly dropped down to hide under the table. Exerting his strength onto his knees, he crawled across seven, eight tables; his movements was unbelievably nimble.

Too bad the tables were not joined together into a loop. Sikong Dou already leaped out with ten fingers spread our like claws; as soon as Zhu Fei appeared from under the table, he leaped down to strike.

Who would have thought that Zhu Fei’s movement was even faster? With his right elbow he pushed, and immediately he disappeared underneath the table on the opposite side. ‘Pop!’ Sikong Dou’s ten fingers were embedded onto the tabletop. And when he pulled his hands, ten holes appeared on the table.

Zhu Fei hid under the table and refused to come out. Using his right arm Sikong Dou swept the table, sending bowls, cups, and chopsticks crashing to the floor; soup, dishes and wine splashed onto someone, the quiet, silent old man in black.

Sikong Dou turned his hands over, he was going to tear the table apart, but suddenly someone said, “Wait a moment.”

A pair of chopsticks stretched out with the sharp pointy tips facing up, aiming the major artery on Sikong Dou’s hand. If he continued moving his hand, he could forget about using this hand ever again.

Fortunately his reaction was very quick, instantly he pulled back his strength and stopped the momentum of his palm. The four old men dressed in black were still sitting quietly in their respective chairs, staring at him with cold eyes.

Sikong Dou seemed to have noticed them only now; drawing back the corners of his mouth he smiled widely and said, “I was wondering if the four gentlemen would let me kick the fat pig out of under your table?”

The old men who was splashed by the soup and wine coldly said, “Would not.”

“Are you going to protect him?” Sikong Dou asked.

The old man in black said, “People don’t cross me, I don’t cross people.”

“Who crossed you?” Sikong Dou asked.

“You,” the old man in black replied.

Sikong Dou no longer smiled, “What if I crossed you?” he said.

The old man in black said, “If someone cross me, then he is not a person.”

“Who’s not a person?” Sikong Dou asked.

“You,” the old man in black replied.

“I am indeed not a person,” Sikong Dou said, “I am a ghost.”

The old man in black said, “You are not a ghost either, you are a domestic animal …” He then added coldly, “I don’t kill people, I kill animals. Killing one or two animals cannot be considered I am breaking my vow not to kill.”

Sikong Dou clenched his hands into fists, the joints in his entire body were cracking, his round pot-like face turned into metal blue.

Old Sabre Honcho suddenly said, “This man is useful to me, could Mr. Wu let him go this time?”

The old man in black hesitated for a moment; finally he nodded, “Very well, I only want one of his hands.”

Sikong Dou laughed; he roared in laughter, but his laughter sounded like a crying ghost.

His left hand was trained in White Bone Claw, his right hand was trained in Black Devil Claw; he had spent painstaking effort for more than twenty years on either one on his hands, asking for one of his hands was equal to asking half of his life.

The old man in black said, “I want your left hand.”

“Alright,” Sikong Dou said, “I’ll give it to you!”

As soon as the word ‘you’ came out of his mouth, both claws moved together, one hand became snowy white, the other turned pitch-black.

He was unleashing the full power of the entire twenty-year of training. Anything touched by his fingertips, even a rock would have ten more holes in it.

The old man in black was still sitting motionless; he merely sighed while sending out his sleeve, rolling out like a cloud.

There was a crisp ‘crack!’, like the sound of breaking radish, followed by miserable scream. Sikong Dou flew out and hit the wall.

By the time his body slid down to the floor, he could no longer move; both of his hands were drenched with blood, all his ten fingers were broken.

The old man in black sighed. “I only wanted one of his hands,” he said.

Another white-haired old man coldly said, “If you only wanted one hand, you did not need to use 70% of your strength.”

The old man in black replied, “I have not made my move in many years, I did not know the limit of my power; plus I overestimated him a bit.”

The white-haired old man said, “Therefore, you were wrong; even domestic animal has life, you have violated your vow against killing living beings.”

“Yes,” the old man in black said, “I was wrong. Buddha have mercy.”

Four men put their palms together, while reciting the name of Buddha. They slowly stood up and faced Old Sabre Honcho, “We are asking to be excused, to face the wall and ponder about our misdeeds for three days, as a token of our gratitude to the Master of the Mansion.”

Unexpectedly Old Sabre Honcho also stood up and said, “It was he who followed the path to his own doom, why did Mister blame yourself?”

The old man in black said, “If Master of the Mansion has any errands for us, we will definitely come to receive your order.”

Old Sabre Honcho seemed to be relieved; he immediately cupped his fist and said, “Please.”

“Please,” the old man in black replied.

The four of them walked out of the room, slowly and peacefully. When they reached Lu Xiaofeng, they suddenly stopped in front of him.

The white-haired old man suddenly asked, “Lu Gongzi [young master], have you seen Master Bittergourd lately?”

“I saw him several times last year,” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

The white-haired old man said, “Master’s culinary skill is a amazing, his vegetarian dish is number one under the heavens, presumably Lu Gongzi’s luck in eating fine dishes is not shallow.”

Lu Xiaofeng laughed. “That’s right,” he said.

“In that case,” the white-haired old man said, “Presumably he is as strong as before.”

“That’s right,” Lu Xiaofeng replied.

The white-haired old man put his palms together and said, “Buddha have mercy, the Heaven blesses those who do good deeds …”

The four of them recited the name of Buddha together, and then walked out slowly, their steps were still peaceful and smooth; but Lu Xiaofeng’s hands and feet turned ice-cold. He finally figured out the background of these four old men.

Looking at how respectful Old Sabre Honcho was to them, looking at the power behind the ‘floating cloud flying sleeve’, looking at their devotion to Buddha, he remembered.

At first he could not figure it out; because they grew hairs and shed their Buddhist robes, he did not think that they were monks who had left their homes. Even more, he would not have thought that they were Shaolin Temple’s Five Arhats [luohan].

Five Arhats were originally siblings, who shaved their heads together to become monks and entered Shaolin. Right now there were only four of them, because the oldest brother, Wu Long [lit. no dragon] Arhat had died.

During their youth, these five brothers ran amuck in Jianghu, killing people unscrupulously, and were known as ‘Dragon, Tiger, Lion, Elephant and Panther’, Five Ferocious Beasts. Each one of them had hands that were reeking with blood.

But then they laid down the butcher’s knife and became Buddha on the spot. Henceforth the notorious Five Ferocious Beasts became Shaolin Temple’s Five Arhats: Wu Long, Wu Hu, Wu Shi, Wu Xiang, Wu Bao [no dragon, no tiger, no lion, no elephant, no panther, respectively], with the heart of Buddha.

Wu Long was in charge of the Scripture Depository Pavilion, plus he was promoted to be an elder Protector of the Law. Nobody knew what happened, but one night he was really drunk and toppled a candlestick, and nearly burned the Scripture Depository Pavilion, which was located in the middle to Shaolin Temple complex, to the ground.

In his rage, Head Abbott punished him with ten years of sitting against the wall in meditation, plus twenty flogging. Wu Long was humiliated, he died of hatred. His brothers [orig. hands and feet] joined their hearts, the surviving four Arhats changed from being devoted to Buddha into filled with murderous intent; unexpectedly they did not hesitate to violate the law of Heaven and went as far as attempting to assassinate the Head Abbott.

Jianghu people all knew that their assassination attempt was not successful, but nobody knew their whereabouts, even whether they were dead or alive. Even more baffling was that Arhat Wu Long has already washed his heart and renewed his face early on, why did he suddenly become very drunk?

This matter has become one of the mysteries of the Wulin world, just like nobody knew why Shi He was suddenly expelled from Wudang.

But now Lu Xiaofeng knew that Wu Long’s drunkenness must have something to do with Monk Bitter Gourd – eating Monk Bitter Gourd’s unparalleled-throughout-the-world vegetarian dishes, one would inevitably drink several cups of wine.

Just now they were inquiring about Monk Bitter Gourd’s well-being; presumably they were hoping that he was still alive, so that they could personally extract revenge on him.

Just now Wu Bao suddenly made his move, which caused someone had his bones broken and he died a violent death, it was clear that the hatred and malicious intent in his heart ran very, very deep.

The one they hated the most was not Monk Bitter Gourd, but Shaolin. Precisely like Shi He hated Wudang, and Gao Tao hated Phoenix Tail Clan.

Thks for a quick update. Appreciate your time doing this.

Like to rephrase this? ... which caused someone had his bones broken

Thanks!!!!

Thanks foxs

Thanks for another update.

Thanks once again foxs.... ur speed is unparalleled in this little world of ours....

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Well I finally caught up to the series so I thought I'd set up an account and thank Foxs, Junny and Ren WoXing for their awesome translations thus far. And perhaps urge them on. You go, Team!I'd have to say I think Mansion of Spirits has a different feel to it from the other four books. Well, for certain it's vastly different from the libidinous yet exciting SilverHook Casino. But it seems to lack the mystery, one man on a mission, 'game-is-afoot' feel to it that was heavily present in books one and two. Nonetheless, I'd still say the Lu Xiaofeng series is my favourite Gu Long so far. Once again, thanks to to the translator-daxia's for making it possible.Accept my kowtow.

Default Chapter 11 - Part 3

DongBin, while I agree that that sentence is not structurally the best, I thought the meaning was clear. Any suggestion? ycb, HPC, Ysabel, Jaya, Anh, you are welcome. Clown, thanks. Like DongBin pointed out, perhaps I should have spent more time thinking about awkward sentences. I have to admit, that is one of my biggest weaknesses. Drowsy, welcome to the forum. I also like LXF for different reason: it's an easy reading. It has the feel of bizarre mystery and detective cases, not so much about history or politics.

Mount Ba has abundant mineral resources; not only that, rumor has it that there is gold sand over there. Naturally Gu Feiyun wanted to take over the business of Gu Family Taoist Monastery from his [paternal] cousin, Priest Xiao Gu.

Hai Qikuo had established his business on the sea; naturally he wanted seize control of the monopoly on Yangtze River from Flying Over The Water.

Du Tiexin’s hatred toward the Beggar Clan was as deep as the sea. Most likely the purple-faced, long-bearded man was the ‘Hundred Victory Saber King’ Guan Tianwu, who in the past struggled over the leadership of Yandang Sect against Gao Xingkong.

In his operation this time, Old Sabre Honcho was trying to catch all their enemies in one net; naturally they were willing do make an all-out effort.

But most of these ‘targets’ were people of sect-leadership status, under normal circumstances, it would be very difficult to see them, plus their headquarters were far apart from each other; how could they catch everybody in a single operation?

Old Sabre Honcho was ready with an explanation, “The thirteenth of the fourth month is the anniversary of Wudang’s Mei Zhenren’s death; it is also the tenth anniversary of Shi Yan took control of the sect leadership. It is said that on that same day he wanted to appoint the Sect Leader Disciple to succeed him in unifying Wudang.”

He let out a cold laugh and then continued, “On that day, naturally there will be dignitaries converging on Mount Wudang, the mountain will be bustling with noise and excitement, Tie Jian and Wang Shidai, those people will most likely be among the distinguished guests.”

“Are we going to make our move on that day?” Actually Lu Xiaofeng wanted to ask this question, but Du Tiexin has preceded him.

Old Sabre Honcho nodded. “That’s the reason we must hurry to Mount Wudang before the twelfth of the fourth month,” he said.

But if all these people made their moves together and arrived at the mountain area on the same day, it would definitely create quite a sensation in the Wulin world. This operation must be executed in absolute secrecy, they must not beat the grass to scare the snake.

“Therefore, not only we must go in batches, everybody must be in disguise.”

This matter was also part of Old Sabre Honcho’s well-planned programme.

Housekeeper said, “The details of this operation have been arranged, gentlemen and ladies need not worry.”

Old Sabre Honcho said, “I can assure you that the person in charge of your disguise is an expert that is absolutely without equal throughout the world. Although he cannot make you shedding your mortal body and exchanging your bones [idiom, turn over a new leaf (in Taoist principle)], and turn you into somebody else, but he can definitely change you so that others will not be able to see your true identity.”

Right now there was only one question left, “How are we going to bring our weapons up the mountain?”

No one allowed to bring any weapon up Mount Wudang, all weapons must be left by the Shedding-sword Rock at the bank of Shedding-sword Pond.

Old Sabre Honcho said, “But I can assure you that on the eve of the D-Day, everybody can go to Hidden Snow to get hold of a weapon that you can use.”

Old Lady Lou has just finished nibbling on a piece of chicken drumstick, she interrupted him by asking, “Where is that Hidden Snow?”

Old Sabre Honcho laughed and said, “Hidden Snow is actually a hidden place, i.e. the lavatory.”

“If it is the lavatory, why did they call it Hidden Snow?” Old Lady Lou asked.

“That is the term that outsiders use,” Old Sabre Honcho replied, “There are two versions of the origin of that name.”

-- ‘Snow’ is the Dhyana Master Ming Jiao [lit. clear/bright feeling] of the Xuedou [lit. snow hole/aperture] Mountain, ‘Hidden’ is the Ling Yin [Hidden Spirit] Temple of Hangzhou. Because one time Xuedou was in charge of the lavatory at the Ling Yin Temple, the people at the monastery called it the Xue Yin [hidden snow] Lavatory.

-- Because Fuzhou’s Divine Monk obtained Five Awareness while cleaning the hidden place while living at the snowy peak, hence the name ‘Hidden Snow’.

Old Lady Lou did not wish to ask further. Housekeeper already served her a dish of roast chicken, so that she could stuff her mouth with chicken drumstick.

How could they stuff Yu Huan and the others’ mouth? The secrets they knew were indeed too many!

These people’s faces were already completely devoid of any color, because they themselves knew that there is usually only one way to deal with this kind of thing!

Only dead men tell no tales.

To seek a way to live in the midst of death, there is usually only one way as well, “You want to kill me to shut my mouth, I will kill you first!”

Yu Huan suddenly leaped up, just like a flying fish leaping out of the water.

Originally he had five pairs of Flying Fish Harpoons, Ye Ling stole four pairs. The remaining one pair was kept in his sleeves, right now these harpoons have turned into a pair of lightning about to strike Old Sabre Honcho.

Old Sabre Honcho did not move; but Shi He, who was standing behind him, did. The sword inside the Seven-Star leather sheathe turned into a rainbow.

The rainbow met the lightning. ‘Ding, ding!’ the lightning suddenly broke, two pieces of copper tips fell from the air, the rainbow also vanished, the sword ray already penetrated Yu Huan’s chest.

He looked at the remaining Flying Fish Harpoons in his hands, he looked at the sword blade penetrating his chest, and then the looked up to see the man without a sword standing in front of him, as if he still could not believe that it was really happening.

Shi He was also looking at him with cold eyes. Suddenly he asked, “How’s my sword compared to Ye Gucheng’s Flying Immortal to the Outer Heaven?”

Yu Huan gritted his teeth without even said a word, the corner of the mouth on his twisted face seemed to reveal a mocking smile, as if he was saying, “Ye Gucheng is dead, so what if you are better than him?”

Shi He understood his meaning, suddenly he twisted his hand, which was grasping the sword hilt, from the wrist, hence turning the blade as well. Yu Huan’s face twisted even more. Suddenly he roared and pounced forward. Blood splashed from his chest as the sword went through his body to the other end.

Lu Xiaofeng could not bear to watch. There are still several people who were standing up, he could not watch them die one by one in front of his eyes.

He quietly got up and quietly went out.

The fog was wet and cold. He took a very deep breath, filling his chest with the cold mist. He must calm down.

“You don’t like killing?”

It was Old Sabre Honcho’s voice. Old Sabre Honcho was following him out, he was also sucking the cold and wet foggy air.

Lu Xiaofeng indifferently said, “I like drinking, but watching other people drink is another matter altogether.”

He did not turn around to look at Old Sabre Honcho, but he could hear the smile in Old Sabre Honcho’s voice; obviously Old Sabre Honcho was very pleased with his answer.

“I don’t like watching either,” Old Sabre Honcho said, “It doesn’t matter what, doing it ourselves is always more interesting than watching.”

Lu Xiaofeng was silent for a moment. Suddenly he laughed and said, “There are things that you don’t seem to like doing it yourself.”

“Oh?” Old Sabre Honcho said.

Lu Xiaofeng said, “You knew Ye Ling stole Yu Huan’s wetsuit and flying fish harpoon, you also knew what she was doing, yet you did not stop her.”

“Indeed I did not,” Old Sabre Honcho admitted.

Lu Xiaofeng continued, “You did not let me rescue Ye Xue, but you did not go either; why did you let her go?”

Old Sabre Honcho said, “Because I know Ye Lingfeng can’t possibly hurt her.”

“You’re sure about that?” Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Old Sabre Honcho nodded; his voice suddenly became hoarse, “Because she is the real daughter of Ye Lingfeng!”

Lu Xiaofeng sucked a mouthful of air again, as if he was completely oblivious of the pain and hatred in Old Sabre Honcho’s voice, “There is one more thing that you did not want to do yourself.”

Old Sabre Honcho waited for him to continue.

Lu Xiaofeng said, “Is it true that you want Shi He to deal with Wudang’s Shi Yan; Tiger, Panther and his brothers to deal with Shaolin’s Tie Jian?”

“That is their own enmity,” Old Sabre Honcho replied, “They are the ones who wanted to personally resolve the matter.”

Lu Xiaofeng continued, “Can Du Tiexin deal with Wang Shidai?”

Old Sabre Honcho said, “Over the years, his martial art has improved tremendously, besides, there will be Old Lady Lou as his backup.”

Lu Xiaofeng said, “Priest Xiao Gu shouldn’t be Cousin’s match, Flying Over The Water against Hai Qikuo, which one would you bet will win?”

Old Sabre Honcho said, “Yangtze River is a fertile ground, Flying Over The Water is already so fat that he can’t fly anymore. Whether it is on land or in the water, I will bet with ten-to-one handicap that Hai Qikuo will win.”

Lu Xiaofeng said, “But Guan Tianwu has been defeated by Gao Xingkong three times.”

Old Sabre Honcho said, “Those three times, there was someone lending a helping hand to Gao Xingkong in secret.”

“Who?” Lu Xiaofeng asked.

With a cold laugh Old Sabre Honcho said, “You should have heard, Gao Xingkong criss-crossing Yangtze River unhindered and Wudang Sect Leader’s death have nothing to do with each other, why did he have to rush over immediately? Could it be that Wudang disciple do the deed in secret? The strive over Yandang Sect’s leadership, why would Wudang disciple want to meddle in other people’s business?”

Lu Xiaofeng did not want to ask too many questions; he said, “In that case, there is only one left, Yingyan Laoqi. Even if Housekeeper cannot keep him in check, with the addition of Hua Kui, it should be more than enough.”

“Hua Kui has other task,” Old Sabre Honcho said, “Gao Tao has no use for assistant either.”

Lu Xiaofeng said, “In that case, the seven main targets are being taken care of, not only that, their success rate is over ninety percent.”

“Over ninety percent,” Old Sabre Honcho echoed.

Lu Xiaofeng chuckled, and then said, “So, what do you want me to do? To deal with those Taoist priests who sweep the floor, wash the dishes and fetch the firewood?”

Thank you!!!