Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is LHC the least powerful hero from JY stories of LOCH, ROCH, HSDS, DGSD & SPW?

Default Is LHC the least powerful hero from JY stories of LOCH, ROCH, HSDS, DGSD & SPW?

I have seen TV adaptations of only Five of JY novels namely DGSD, LOCH, ROCH, HSDS and SPW. Would it be a fair statement that Linghu Chong who is the main protogonist of SPW is the least powerful of the other protogonists from the other novels namely Guo Jing, Yang Guo, Zhang Wuji, Duan Yu, Xiao Feng and Xuzhu?

Yes, Chong-er is the weakest.

However, in terms of potential, he could be better than the likes of Duan Yu or Guo Jing. He's very bright as well.
    ..ext88

I think this is mainly a result of SPW having the least "time-lapse" within those novels you mentioned. All the other main characters benefited from immense time lapses during which they were able to practice and hone their skills. Linghu Chong doesn't receive his full set of martial arts until the very end of his novel, therefore we never really get to see what his full potential is.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

'Potential' shouldn't be considered. After all, it's a very unreliable thing. Zhang Wuji and Duan Yu should have the highest 'potential' if anything. Beiming anyone?

Personally, I believe he should be more proficient than Duan Yu in martial arts. Duan Yu may have tons of internal energy, but he hardly knows martial arts and cannot use 6MSJ as his heart contents, while Linghu Chong has excellent grasp of Dugu 9 Swords.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

This is the paradox of Ling Wu Chung: on the one hand, yes, he has far less inner power than each of those other guys. On the other hand, it doesn't matter because this "magical" Dook Goo 9 Swords could skewer any of them should one approach too close to a Ling Wu Chung armed with anything resembling a sword blade.

In SPW, Jin Yong basically wrote, "Remember all those other novels when I showed you how inner power was the most important thing to martial arts supremacy, and external techniques were only secondary? Er, well...never mind!"

If Guo Jing was the hero in LOCH then is it possible that GJ at the end of LOCH might have been weaker?
    (random guess since I haven't properly read SPW)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    If Guo Jing was the hero in LOCH then is it possible that GJ at the end of LOCH might have been weaker?
    (random guess since I haven't properly read SPW)
    Thats a good point. Maybe GJ at the end of LOCH was weaker although I dont think so. But GJ in the entire of ROCH was very very powerful. IMHO he was the most powerful great at the end of ROCH.

I think LHC as we know from JY novels was definitely the weakest

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

if not for the protective nature of XXDF, LHC would have faced defeat many times. he wasn't at a level where he could defeat a great, at least not till the end when he had mastered his inner power fully. before that, there were too many gaps in his martial arts.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

LHC needs to cultivate his inner energy to the level of the greats if his serious about contending against them, thats his only weakness....

is his dgqb swordsmanship inferior to YG dgcb swordsmanship? or on the same level or even watered down?

I'd say LHC would be pretty powerful with XXDF and YJJ in addition to his mastery of swordsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    I'd say LHC would be pretty powerful with XXDF and YJJ in addition to his mastery of swordsmanship.
    then how come a fighter like DGQB who isnt mention of having any super internal energy is considered a great or could fight any of the greats due to his swordsmanship? then wouldnt this also apply to LHC? or its uncomparable cause one has mastered the swords arts while the other barely mastered the art as in being a experience with DGQB sword arts...

ps:

about DGQB at what age did he die and what was the time gap between DGSD and LOCH where he roam jiang hu...at 20 he was kenpachi with plain sword, at 30 heavy sword, at 40 a wooden sword, after that nothing...so he mustve lived pass 50yrs old right?

cause if the time gap between when he existed to LOCH time is less then 60-70yrs, then those 4-5 greats of LOCH shouldve heard about his existence while they were barely starting out as noobs while DGQB was in his prime?

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Hiep View Post
    then how come a fighter like DGQB who isnt mention of having any super internal energy is considered a great or could fight any of the greats due to his swordsmanship? then wouldnt this also apply to LHC? or its uncomparable cause one has mastered the swords arts while the other barely mastered the art as in being a experience with DGQB sword arts...
    DGQB can be extrapolated to have extremely high internal energy from what we know of YG. YG's prowess with the HIS is due to him having a brutish amount of internal energy that he can use simple attacks to crush more complicated attacks. You simply can't use HIS without an extreme ammount of internal energy, so we know DGQB had massive internal energy by the time he was wielding HIS.
    We revere DGQB above most because those who learned his art had rapid progress to Great level. They merely learned his art, and didn't improve on it, so it's inferred that he is greater or at the very least equal to YG/LHC.

LHC isn't given much credit because he's a bit like DY. There are instances where he fights at scrub level, like if he can't see, if he can't draw his sword, or if you infuse your internal energy into a roar. Because of that, if paired against the other Greats, there's a good possibility these weaknesses will be exploited.
    He's not seen as strong, but he's my favourite character so I give him props whenever I can.
    I think with YJJ his XXDF should work the same as BMSG. Added with maybe the power boost that we might infer YTZ got from YJJ before it got changed to Yoga, but that would need to consider that YTZ had benefits from poison as well.
    Though, not sure if having high internal would help LHC's DG9J. It would help his defence, not sure about his already highly aggressive style.

Also, didn't LHC's blood become poisonous to other people after he drank the poison wine, can't recall that one too clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Hiep View Post
    LHC needs to cultivate his inner energy to the level of the greats if his serious about contending against them, thats his only weakness....

is his dgqb swordsmanship inferior to YG dgcb swordsmanship? or on the same level or even watered down?
    Somebody mentioned that in an interview, Jin Yong said LHC has better swordmanship than YG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
    Somebody mentioned that in an interview, Jin Yong said LHC has better swordmanship than YG.
    Yes, JY did say that. I think JY intended for DG9J to be the ultimate when it came to external sword techniques.

But he also countered during that same interview by saying although LHC had better sword skills, YG had higher internal/kung fu.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

well the thing i like about ling hu chong is that he developed over the series n learn how to use his hua shan sword style, n dugu sword style. while other main characters like yang guo, after learning ancient tomb martial arts were able to fight powerful foes without experience. same went with duan yi, n chang wu ji.

if you notice, only guo jin n qiao feng had prior experience, which made em good at the martial arts in general. while the others had mainly internal energy that got them so powerful, n somehow they were able to fight all those experience fighters their first time fighting.

Actually LHC ditched his Hua Shan style shortly after he learnt DG9J. You could say he retained the essense of it, since it no doubt helped him understand swordsmanship and enabled him to learn DG9J well.

Well, at the end of the novel, after he mastered YJJ. It was not clear if the XXDF absorbed energies had merged with his YJJ energy or had been erased by his YJJ energy.

If they had merged, then LHC should be crazy powerful. He would have higher potential than Duan Yu.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

i always thought his absorbing techniques keeps em, since when he first used it, didn't that enabled him stronger internal energy since he absorbed it from that sun/moon sect chess player guy? weren't they at least pretty powerful in wulin during that time or in the sect?

Yeah, he kept it permanently. They just aren't harmonised in his body, so he'll start having health problems like RWX later on in life.