Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ranking of Warriors in Condor Triology & DGSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Shouldn't Deun Yu be somewhere in that mix? Granted, he was never a fighter in the conventional sense, but his combination of Bak Ming Sun Gung, Ling Bor Mei Bo, and 6 Mak Divine Swords is nothing to sneeze at.
    That's why I didn't include him in the list. I never really regarded him as a true fighter or martial artist and his 6MSJ doesn't work at times.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Aside from the Duan Yu thing, the the group list is how I'd rank it too. But if we're talking about an all out life or death fight at their novel peaks, I'd probably put Wuji over Zhang Sanfeng and Golden Wheel Monk over Zhou Botong and Wang Chongyang.

Not gonna touch the Huang Yaoshi/Yideng vs Wang Chongyang thing though
    I rated Zhang Sanfeng above Zhang Wuji since I think he might have an edge over Wuji in internal but then in a fight I think Wuji would win due to age factors.

Quote Originally Posted by chibidaisuke View Post
    I rated Zhang Sanfeng above Zhang Wuji since I think he might have an edge over Wuji in internal but then in a fight I think Wuji would win due to age factors.
    Same line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Aside from the Duan Yu thing, the the group list is how I'd rank it too. But if we're talking about an all out life or death fight at their novel peaks, I'd probably put Wuji over Zhang Sanfeng and Golden Wheel Monk over Zhou Botong and Wang Chongyang.

Not gonna touch the Huang Yaoshi/Yideng vs Wang Chongyang thing though
    I put Golden Wheel Monk below Zhou Botong and Wang Chongyang because well he sucks as a fighter despite massive internal and IMO both Zhou Botong and Wang Chongyang have an edge over Huang Yaoshi and Yideng.

I think HQG and OYF were at their peaks. Another 10 years or so and they would have been like Yideng and have physically deteriorated somewhat.

Wang Chongyang would win against Golden Wheel Imperial Priest. WCY wasn't as advanced in age as Yideng when YD fought Golden Wheel Imperial Priest. By my calculations, Yideng would have been just over 90; it's pretty impressive for someone of that advanced age to do what he did.

Given author's intent, JY's own taking out passages from the trilogy to ensure that he did not seem weak, WCY should be much higher in that ranking.

While the Greats were able to overcome each other's martial arts, they were never able to overcome each other, except Wang Chongyang who beat all the other Greats. And even with Wang Chongyang's martial arts, it took 2 Greats to break the Big Dipper.
    Last edited by Dirt; 09-21-10 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibidaisuke View Post
    That's why I didn't include him in the list. I never really regarded him as a true fighter or martial artist and his 6MSJ doesn't work at times.
    Wasn't at Duan Yu's peak, he was able to use his 6MSJ as he wills it as evident in Chapter 50 when he charged with Xu Zhu into the midst of Liao's army to capture Ye Lu Hong Ji?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I think HQG and OYF were at their peaks. Another 10 years or so and they would have been like Yideng and have physically deteriorated somewhat.

Wang Chongyang would win against Golden Wheel Imperial Priest. WCY wasn't as advanced in age as Yideng when YD fought Golden Wheel Imperial Priest. By my calculations, Yideng would have been just over 90; it's pretty impressive for someone of that advanced age to do what he did.

Given author's intent, JY's own taking out passages from the trilogy to ensure that he did not seem weak, WCY should be much higher in that ranking.

While the Greats were able to overcome each other's martial arts, they were never able to overcome each other, except Wang Chongyang who beat all the other Greats. And even with Wang Chongyang's martial arts, it took 2 Greats to break the Big Dipper.
    Wang Chongyang would probably win against Golden Wheel Monk that's why I ranked him above Golden Wheel Monk. Whether the other Greats have surpassed Wang Chongyang at the end of ROCH I don't really know but I would say Wang Chongyang would also be on par with the Greats at the end of ROCH. Jin Yong seems to be really bent on putting the Greats at all around equal. This kinda explains why Guo Jing never really surpassed the Greats significantly despite having the resources for it.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 09-21-10 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
    Wasn't at Duan Yu's peak, he was able to use his 6MSJ as he wills it as evident in Chapter 50 when he charged with Xu Zhu into the midst of Liao's army to capture Ye Lu Hong Ji?
    Well, Duan Yu would be either somewhere around Xuzhu or the Xiaoyao Elders if I include him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
    That was just one time when he was able to use it. Jin Yong stated in an interview that he intended for Duan Yu to not be able to use 6MSJ all the time, so next time Duan Yu might fail.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」