Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's Everybody's Religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    We were talking about our religion and our might Flying Spaghetti Monster. How dare you try to oppress us???
    No one is oppressing you (lot). Flying Spaghetti Monster? New religion? What exactly is that about??

If you just want to talk Christianity, create a thread label "Love for all Christians".
    Nope, I believe my post is clearly telling that "You have all your free will in talking about your religion, which can be anything, WITHOUT the need of being a menace to another's religion."

Plus, I have no interest in doing something similar to reaching out but I could at least stand out and defend my religion. To share love, I suggest to the willing ones to attend a church.

Religion isn't an interchangable word for Christianity, you know.
    I would accept the wordly meaning of 'religion' as referring to other beliefs too.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-08-10 at 07:44 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I don't follow any religion. My family is buddhist and we sometimes visit the temples. I'm more agnostic personally.

I'm very superstitious, but I dont believe that branches into any religion.

Surely christians realise FSM is going to turn up in a thread about religion. It might not be as powerful and popular as Christianity, it's growing faster than others.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

am a protestant.

From it's origin, I'm under the impression that this FSM is a factory of rejecteds who needed a religion badly yet they denied themselves from having any religion for god-knows reasons. And, because they idolize so much of Christinity, yet prefer to live in denial, they branched themselves out and make up a religion of their own and called themselves a "church of FSM"? People sure try hard enough to play god. How sad!

But I think, as Buddhist goes with temple, Christians goes with church, Islam goes with Mosque, Taoist goes with school, these FSM should go with .... Closet! That's to avoid any complication of identity. Everyone should have an identity and belonging of their own, no?
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-08-10 at 12:13 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Used to believe in supernatural beings when I was young, but since junior high and finding out more about the world, I’ve become convinced that there is no god, at least for sure not as men describe them in “holy” books. There is no reason to conclude that the Christian description of how the world was created is any more valid than the Shinto description, for example.

If the universe was created by a superpowerful being, it sure ain’t the dude in the bible, and the world sure as heck wasn’t created in 7 days. The claims in the bible clearly show zero knowledge about the world beyond what was known at the time.

By contrast, some Buddhist and Taoist teachings seem to show some deeper insights.

I personally have no grudges against people believing in religion per se, but when I see constant incidents of religious people using religion to harass and harm others, and constantly reference god as they do so, it certainly doesn’t make me a fan of religion.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    3 mins after my post? That's a tight chase, girl! Tight chase
    Posting timings do not lie. I posted at 4.41pm, while that quote you are implying I cut out deliberately was edited in at 4.45pm. Tight chase indeed.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 01-08-10 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Grammar issue
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

You know, I could've catch TC by his tail and confront him at his post, "I read from another thread that you call yourself an Atheist?!" but I refrain from doing that cos this thread isn't about bashing, reaching out, probe, or attempt any mickey stunts against another's religion.

Why is there a need for such irrelevant post of yours?? I'm sure if you're a religious person, you wouldn't feel pleasant when someone makes non-sensible remarks at your religion.
    I am an atheist, I do not go to temple to worship like other followers do. Worshiping ancestors at home is more of a tradition. My family does so I do to. It's more of a filial piety. Honestly, I don't believe that they somehow can enjoy the food we worship them on their memorial day or holidays.

Hmm, since this thread is just pretty much being me a 'busybody' snooping into everybody's religious inclinations ~ I guess I'd accidentally created some sparks and I apologized if anyone got offended in here.

Actually, the flying spaghetti monster is a cute spin-off and if you wanna believe in that, by all means. I don't think I'm in a good position to judge whether its good or bad, since only God alone has that right.

For me, I supported the opinion that faith and reason are not against each other. But since this is not a thread about Christianity, I would not post a lengthy explanation, unless someone is willing to be my 'victim of evangelisation' ~

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I am an atheist, I do not go to temple to worship like other followers do. Worshiping ancestors at home is more of a tradition. My family does so I do to. It's more of a filial piety. Honestly, I don't believe that they somehow can enjoy the food we worship them on their memorial day or holidays.
    Ok, thank you for clarifying!

Your honesty and filial piety are worthy of praise.

I believe in my parents with a deep fear of the wrath of my mom.

scientology?
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

I am Buddhist, but now I question a lot of things about religion in general.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

No particular cult or sect or church or denomination.
    I'm agnostic - but I lean towards pantheist and animist world view.
    Abrahamic religions mostly make me cringe.

I think I'm moderately New Age.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

From it's origin, I'm under the impression that this FSM is a factory of rejecteds who needed a religion badly yet they denied themselves from having any religion for god-knows reasons. And, because they idolize so much of Christinity, yet prefer to live in denial, they branched themselves out and make up a religion of their own and called themselves a "church of FSM"? People sure try hard enough to play god. How sad!
    Are we playing "my superhero comics is better than yours!"?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    His noodly appendanges has touched you too?
    Funny you say that. I half blacked out during my 1RM deadlift today and I felt his noodly appendage pat me on the back and I heard his voice say "good work, bro".

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Seriously bro? Just last Wednesday his noodly appendage wrapped a BJJ blue belt around my waist and said, 'little over a year, the journey's just begun'. And now I have authority over almost everyone in the gym.

So now you get to be on top when wrestling ppl at the gym? Nice work, bro!

I generally get to be on top through invoking the full will of his noodlness in my sweeps. But now I can make a room full of big sweaty men do funny poses and stand on their heads for an indefinite amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Are we playing "my superhero comics is better than yours!"?
    Son, you're right! And, I'm the Punisher!

You two sonny, beware and don't get choke by those (meat) balls.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-10-10 at 12:35 AM.