Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's Everybody's Religion?

Hi! I am a Baptist Christian!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Hi! I am a Baptist Christian!
    yey, one more christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    yey, one more christian.
    How many do we have now?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    How many do we have now?
    not many ~ im under the impression there were more worshippers of FSM (if you wonder what that is, go read the few threads ahead of this =p) here.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Seriously bro? Just last Wednesday his noodly appendage wrapped a BJJ blue belt around my waist and said, 'little over a year, the journey's just begun'. And now I have authority over almost everyone in the gym.
    Yeah those tentacles gave me a bear hug the other day and told me I smell like strawberries. Meanwhile the meatballs were dangled in front of my face to inspire me to do that one more sit-up.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    Yeah those tentacles gave me a bear hug the other day and told me I smell like strawberries. Meanwhile the meatballs were dangled in front of my face to inspire me to do that one more sit-up.
    That painted a rather disturbing image...

As for MYOR (Create Your Own Religion):
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...3&postcount=65
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

yeah those balls asked me if I wanted a "teabag." I wasn't thirsty so I said no. But I kinda got the feeling that teabag meant something else...

JB, teabag? Meatball? Noodles? If you guys wanted to go on talking about food, there's a food thread at the lounge. This is a thread asking about religion..... it's obvious, no?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Shut up, cedric. We embrace our religion the way we want to. Why are you, an outsider, telling us how we could connect to our own Gord?

I was again touched by His Noodly Appendage in the last 5 reps of my 20 rep super squat. "Good work, son", he said to me, and I did not disappoint him. I hope by the end of the program, 4 weeks from now, he will ask if he could work in.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Candide, if it is all about religion (whatever you worshipped/worshipping), I could quit giving a damn! It's only when I began reading ingredients appearing under this thread that I gave a gentle reminder of not drifting your subjects too far away from here. Food and religion, bad mix.

Then again, if you're suggesting to me that you worship Food, sure, I'll back off!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    So now you get to be on top when wrestling ppl at the gym? Nice work, bro!
    Lol, i remember BanhMi at the bot of a guy to guy fight that he showed us.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Candide, if it is all about religion (whatever you worshipped/worshipping), I could quit giving a damn! It's only when I began reading ingredients appearing under this thread that I gave a gentle reminder of not drifting your subjects too far away from here. Food and religion, bad mix.

Then again, if you're suggesting to me that you worship Food, sure, I'll back off!
    Let it be, don't we at least agree they are having a rather entertaining conversation here? I'm glad this thread opens them up to more of them whos into FSM, so they can bond in here. Not many churches around for them to go and fellowship yea? At least they can do it here, it must be God giving me a sign to start this ~

It's Noodly Appendage, and there's nothing noodle in that.

As for meatballs and teabags, you really are that naive, aren't you darl?

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    Let it be, don't we at least agree they are having a rather entertaining conversation here?
    It's difficult, but I can try.

I'm glad this thread opens them up to more of them whos into FSM, so they can bond in here. Not many churches around for them to go and fellowship yea? At least they can do it here, it must be God giving me a sign to start this ~
    I was hoping people would share about their religion (whatever is it), as in the philosophy, depth of meaning and history.

I'm only concerned for those younger ones would start to believe the existence of FSM as a religion. -_-!! Then, they might just began worshipping to their meals.... alright, I'm exaggerating it.

Alrightey, then, what exactly is it? Pray tell! Is it praises after praises of one, or any philosophical or historical value?

What if I say, 'Yes'? It didn't appear in my dictionary that the two words have alternative meanings besides anything to do with food.

You gotta be patient with the ones that get their cultural savvy from urbandictionary.com.

Shut up, cedric. We embrace our religion the way we want to. Why are you, an outsider, telling us how we could connect to our own Gord?

I was again touched by His Noodly Appendage in the last 5 reps of my 20 rep super squat. "Good work, son", he said to me, and I did not disappoint him. I hope by the end of the program, 4 weeks from now, he will ask if he could work in.
    He introduced me to his Mexican buddy Diego Sanchez today. This guy was so dirty that everyone just calls him by his nickname Dirty. He asked me if I wanna him to leave Dirty Sanchez with me to spot me, but I said no cuz he stinks.

Such weird offers. I guess religions tend to pollute the mind.

I'm only concerned for those younger ones would start to believe the existence of FSM as a religion. -_-!! Then, they might just began worshipping to their meals.... alright, I'm exaggerating it.
    Yeah, what's the world coming to? Next thing you know they'll be worshiping dead carpenters.

Maybe you should pray to the FSM for plastic hot lunches for everyone! (I just couldn't resist...)

One a more serious note, nothing says new religions are any more or less valid than older established ones. Numerous religions predate Christianity so maybe in a few hundred years Scientology, the Singularity, the Living Force or FSM will be the mainstream, and folks will look back at how "backwards" some belief were.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    Yeah, what's the world coming to? Next thing you know they'll be worshiping dead carpenters.
    I try not to visualise that. Why do you think so many filmmakers are suggesting "world is ending" through their movies, which comes one after another? Why waste time go get a religion? It's more practical if world would just end and a recycle bin (for the corpse) is the best place, no?

Maybe you should pray to the FSM for plastic hot lunches for everyone! (I just couldn't resist...)
    That could happen..... when I've either a) lose my mind, b) intelligence failing me, or c) someone prove to me that god is a myth, just like Santa Claus. Meanwhile, no thanks for the suggestion.

One a more serious note, nothing says new religions are any more or less valid than older established ones. Numerous religions predate Christianity so maybe in a few hundred years Scientology, the Singularity, the Living Force or FSM will be the mainstream, and folks will look back at how "backwards" some belief were.
    I could eliminate my "ignorance counter ignorance(s)" comment in my previous post and tell you in all seriousness: thank you for alerting everyone of the prophecy (in the bible) on fake prophecies that would happen, is happening.

Lastly, noone or nothing deserves as much respect as someone or something that has great historical significance, IMO.

Something just flew right pass cedric's head.

I know, it's Flying Spaghetti & Meatballs coming to grace me for defaming him.