Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Malaysian churches fire-bombed as 'Allah' row escalates

Quote Originally Posted by Bei Rongkun View Post
    It was all start because Abraham "can not tahan" anymore to having a son. He take his maid as "medium " thus born Ismael. But in Bible, God promised another thing to Abraham thus dismissed Ismael and replaced by Isaac, son of Abraham's official wife Sarah.
    I always feel bad for Ismael when I read this part.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Hi Lucre.

Does catholics believe in the AntiChrist?

Just found something interesting while reading about AntiChrist in wikipedia.
    Kidd:
    The Catechism of the Catholic Church has mentioned about the AntiChrist here:

675 Before Christ's second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers. The persecution that accompanies her pilgrimage on earth will unveil the "mystery of iniquity" in the form of a religious deception offering men an apparent solution to their problems at the price of apostasy from the truth. The supreme religious deception is that of the Antichrist, a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah come in the flesh.
    676 The Antichrist's deception already begins to take shape in the world every time the claim is made to realize within history that messianic hope which can only be realized beyond history through the eschatological judgment. The Church has rejected even modified forms of this falsification of the kingdom to come under the name of millenarianism, especially the "intrinsically perverse" political form of a secular messianism.
    from Chapter 2 Article 7, http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/ccc_toc.htm

As for the Islamic Faith, I don't know enough to comment.
    Last edited by Lucre; 01-29-10 at 11:38 AM.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post

The dates and years, I have also explained that ancient hebrews do not have the means to write the stories down in pen and paper, and rely largely on memory to remember the stories. They were also people who had a 'thing' for numbers, whereby certain numbers represented certain meanings, and hence, the number of years are probably recorded in that manner - for easy remembrance, since culturally, they all 'knew' what each number meant.
    Hey Lucre

the author of the earlier books in the bible and torah was Moses who had a egyptian upbringing and possibly education (writing skill) brought writing to the hebrew people

in many ways the old testament is quintessentially a history log and field manual for the jewish people whose prosperity was dependent on their faithfulness to God
    Last edited by yongbifan; 01-29-10 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yongbifan View Post
    Hey Lucre

the author of the earlier books in the bible and torah was Moses who had a egyptian upbringing and possibly education (writing skill) brought writing to the hebrew people

in many ways the old testament is quintessentially a history log and field manual for the jewish people whose prosperity was dependent on their faithfulness to God
    About the bible,

Well it is traditionally believed that Moses wrote the first five books, but part of it subsequently updated by later writers. The events that took place prior to Moses' birth in Exodus might have been passed to him orally ~ since many of the ancient people were illiterate (for example, the first part of Genesis was possibly designed to be memorised given the form of pattern of the account), and probably part written, as he puts them together. Torah (which is the Law) consists of these first five books.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

This is so not a good sign.

Three Malaysian women caned for extramarital sex

Btw, the title is wrong. The women were caned for khalwat not zina. Khalwat is just being in close/suspicious proximity with a person who is not your spouse or someone you are forbidden to marry. There's a totally of 3 women and 4 men being caned.

http://www2.esyariah.gov.my/esyariah...2?OpenDocument

UMNO seems to be acting more and more Islamic to try to gain back the vote of the Malay citizens.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-18-10 at 09:02 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩