View Poll Results: What would have been Dook Goo Kau Bai's judgment on the martial arts of the Greats?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pfft! These guys suck just as much as all those other poseurs I've beaten! BORING!

4 17.39%
  • Wow. I can beat these guys, but damn, they're good! I'm impressed!

19 82.61%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would have been Dook Goo Kau Bai's judgment on the Greats?

Since HSDS is within the same storyline, I think Dugu would be intrigued by Taiji/9 Yang. It is pretty opposite his principle in always being on the offensive, along with diverting large forces with small forces. He might try to incorporate some of that into his swordplay.

Ultimately, I agree with pannonian. I think Dugu Qiubai would be most impressed with the Great's ingenuity. I think DG9J's theories would bear this out. The martial art is dead, it's the person that is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    I would like to hear more of your thoughts on the Quanzhen/Jade Maiden combo being theoretically imperfect because Lin Chaoying made sure that the theory behind it was absolutely complete where Jade Maiden's true expression is being paired with Quanzhen swordplay, not countering it. I can see how adding L/R hand technique to the mix where L/R can't be learned by just anybody might make it imperfect even though even L/R hand technique sprouted from the mind of somebody who's main foundation was Quanzhen arts that he learned and mastered. Conversely, DG9J isn't a martial art that would allow just anyone to become a martial arts master, it required a lot of quick and nimble thinking; if Guo Jing had to learn it, he'd probably never master it.
    I think it was mentioned that Jade Maiden was something LCY created out of affection for WCY. So it wasn't anything ground breaking and profound for her level of skill, it's power was standard to what her level of skill is, but not made for improving her skills.
    The expression and harmony of the Jade Maiden would be impressive, but I don't think it would appeal to what we know as Dugu's pragmatic approach.