Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [New] Meteor, Butterfly, Sword 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    That site was taken down. Here's the first episode from youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycF8Y...eature=related
    Thank you so much! Now I'll go and attempt to watch it with my first semester chinese!
    I don't make my decisions fearing fate, Fate makes his.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    That site was taken down. Here's the first episode from youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycF8Y...eature=related
    aww thanks so much xiao xiao! you seem to know everything lol

you can also use pptv to watch this series (and a lot others). they are updating daily, so you dont need to search after other episodes.

I'm on esp 6, saw release up to eps 8. Did all 30 eps got release.

are they a couple, Meng Xing Hun & Sun Xiao Die?

I am currently spewing blood as this story is really deviating from the original by Gu Long. I have accepted changes in adaptions that enchance the story but the twists added here are doing nothing for the overall storyline, IMO just to increase the parts of Lu Xiang Chuan and Ye Xiang. It's all really confusing now. Who's with who???
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I don't know anything about the original novel but I'm confuse too...

I have only watch until episode four.

Xiao Die was raped...right? By both guy or just the first one?

What does anybody think about Ivy Chen in this role? I think she is cute, but not beautiful for this type of character. She does not have that glowing beauty that all the guys in the series would go nuts after her.....

I don't know how to put it into words...sorry that's mind opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Shibao View Post
    What does anybody think about Ivy Chen in this role? I think she is cute, but not beautiful for this type of character. She does not have that glowing beauty that all the guys in the series would go nuts after her.....

I don't know how to put it into words...sorry that's mind opinion
    I too think she's not that pretty. Cute but I find her too skinny. And sometimes I get the feeling she tries too hard to be cute.

Quote Originally Posted by sesshomaru86 View Post
    I don't know anything about the original novel but I'm confuse too...

I have only watch until episode four.

Xiao Die was raped...right? By both guy or just the first one?
    Definately. As by whom? That's the confusing part. Two options.

click to show/hide spoilers

Option 1. She was raped by both guys. Lu Xiang Chuan was interrupted midway and ran out and then Ye Xiang came in and got overwhelmed.

Option 2. Only the 2nd guy. Lu Xiang Chuan was iterrupted before anything happened, and Ye Xiang came in and got overwhelmed.

I tend to go with option 1 more due to Lu Xiang Chuan's facial expression when Xiao Die recovered from the aphrodisiac. If he did not rape her, then his face should show anger or confusion as there is no way she would not die unless she had sex so he would have immediately showed some surprise if he knew she had sex with some other dude and not him. So naturally, he would have assumed she recovered after he raped her and everything went to plan.

In ep 3 when she told him she was pregnant, and there he did show those expressions when he realised she had sex with the mystery man. He was extremely bitter and refused to marry her. No need for him to pretend he knew in ep 2 and then make an outburst 1 ep later.

Anyway, the kid is definately Ye Xiang's as Lu Xiang Chuan seems to be sterile according to Sun Jian's words. Apparantly he cut accidently Lu Xiang Chuan in the nuts when they were younger and he can't have kids. So the kid can only be Ye Xiang's.

Ivy Chen is definately too cute and bubbly face for a woman who was raped, abandoned and ostracised. You can be drunk yet smile and sorrow but Ivy Chen seems to have trouble with expressing the sadness in her eyes. She cries heaps but doesn't have that icy and depressing feeling of Xiao Die.

Want to bash the costume designers. What did they attach to the head of The Roc King? Makes him look like a nutcase. Just give him a regular head gear and it all looks fine. Hate that black headband thing. What a way to ruin the image of the legendary Qin Shi Huang!!!
    Last edited by charbydis; 07-21-10 at 08:43 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Definately. As by whom? That's the confusing part. Two options.

Option 1. She was raped by both guys. Lu Xiang Chuan was interrupted midway and ran out and then Ye Xiang came in and got overwhelmed.

Option 2. Only the 2nd guy. Lu Xiang Chuan was iterrupted before anything happened, and Ye Xiang came in and got overwhelmed.

I tend to go with option 1 more due to Lu Xiang Chuan's facial expression when Xiao Die recovered from the aphrodisiac. If he did not rape her, then his face should show anger or confusion as there is no way she would not die unless she had sex so he would have immediately showed some surprise if he knew she had sex with some other dude and not him. So naturally, he would have assumed she recovered after he raped her and everything went to plan.

In ep 3 when she told him she was pregnant, and there he did show those expressions when he realised she had sex with the mystery man. He was extremely bitter and refused to marry her. No need for him to pretend he knew in ep 2 and then make an outburst 1 ep later.

Anyway, the kid is definately Ye Xiang's as Lu Xiang Chuan seems to be sterile according to Sun Jian's words. Apparantly he cut accidently Lu Xiang Chuan in the nuts when they were younger and he can't have kids. So the kid can only be Ye Xiang's.

I also think she was raped by Lu Xiang Chuan and then have sex with Ye Xiang. At first I thought Ye Xiang didn't have sex with her because otherwise why would he need to put her in the water to cure her? But I guess he did.

She insist that Lu Xiang Chuan is the father of the baby. This means she has cause to believe he could be the father. Why would she think he is the father if he never went through with the rape? It's not like she was asleep, she watched him raped her.

I also think she was raped by Lu Xiang Chuan and then have sex with Ye Xiang. At first I thought Ye Xiang didn't have sex with her because otherwise why would he need to put her in the water to cure her? But I guess he did.

She insist that Lu Xiang Chuan is the father of the baby. This means she has cause to believe he could be the father. Why would she think he is the father if he never went through with the rape? It's not like she was asleep, she watched him raped her.

Definately. Well, she was high on the drugs when Lu Xiang Chuan climbed naked into bed with her but she still was conscious and knew what was going on. As for later, cos she had an overdose, she may have a blackout as she went into a frenzy when Ye Xiang entered the picture but she had no memory of that incident. Ye Xiang and Xiao Die did indeed have sex as they were both naked when he put her in the water tub. But having no memory of Ye Xiang, she only remembered being raped by Lu Xiang Chuan and insisted he is the baby's father.

So confusing for this series, as in the novel it is so straight forward. Xie Die likes Lu Xiang Chuan but he brutally rapes her and she hates him. Kid is Lu Xiang Chuan's. She then loves Meng Xing Hun and vice versa. Ye Xiang loves Gao Da Jie and she loves Meng Xing Hun. Large love pentagon but at least it is easier to understand that this whole messy sex storyline.

Now Gao Da Jie's sleeping with Old Sun! Hate the writer. What on earth???
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post

Definately. Well, she was high on the drugs when Lu Xiang Chuan climbed naked into bed with her but she still was conscious and knew what was going on. As for later, cos she had an overdose, she may have a blackout as she went into a frenzy when Ye Xiang entered the picture but she had no memory of that incident. Ye Xiang and Xiao Die did indeed have sex as they were both naked when he put her in the water tub. But having no memory of Ye Xiang, she only remembered being raped by Lu Xiang Chuan and insisted he is the baby's father.

So confusing for this series, as in the novel it is so straight forward. Xie Die likes Lu Xiang Chuan but he brutally rapes her and she hates him. Kid is Lu Xiang Chuan's. She then loves Meng Xing Hun and vice versa. Ye Xiang loves Gao Da Jie and she loves Meng Xing Hun. Large love pentagon but at least it is easier to understand that this whole messy sex storyline.

Now Gao Da Jie's sleeping with Old Sun! Hate the writer. What on earth???
    I know what you mean! I wanted to watch this series because of Wang Yan and because I saw the movie with Tony and Donnie. I was looking forward to a relationship between Gao Da Jie and Ye Xiang. I was very disappointed when at the very first scene, Gao Da Jie was sleeping with Xie Die's father already!

What is Gao Da Jie's feeling for Ye Xiang and vice versa in this series? I mean, Gao Da Jie seems to be jealous that Ye Xiang has found a new love and yet she's still sleeping with Xie Die's father! Does she love him? Or was it more that she feels she's losing control over him?
    Last edited by sesshomaru86; 07-22-10 at 11:13 AM.

I know what you mean! I wanted to watch this series because of Wang Yan and because I saw the movie with Tony and Donnie. I was looking forward to a relationship between Gao Da Jie and Ye Xiang. I was very disappointed when at the very first scene, Gao Da Jie was sleeping with Xie Die's father already!

What is Gao Da Jie's feeling for Ye Xiang and vice versa in this series? I mean, Gao Da Jie seems to be jealous that Ye Xiang has found a new love and yet she's still sleeping with Xie Die's father! Does she love him? Or was it more that she feels she's losing control over him?
    sesshomaru86, what episode are you on now? It is out to episode 22 now, I believe you'll get your answers here

Quote Originally Posted by GeShiYuan View Post
    sesshomaru86, what episode are you on now? It is out to episode 22 now, I believe you'll get your answers here
    Yea? I still have a long way to go then...I kinda of lost hope after episode 5...

No! Don't lose hope y'all! I'm watching the series through you guys so I don't have to go and watch the series myself. Excuse me while I live through you all haha.

I have to wait for either a subbed or dubbed version. In truth though, the other version had Adam Cheng, Norman Tsui, and Allen Ting while this version has uhm Baron Chen? He's tall and suave and all..but I am a fangirl of Adam and Allen. Nonetheless, I'll probably still stick around to see.

I'm still iffy about Sun Xiao Die. The other Sun Xiao Die was petite too but much more womanly. Well, both have really sympathetic faces.
    I like me.

I watched this seres cos of Rebecca too! I have always liked Rebecca in her soft demure roles but was very excited to have her return after marriage to accept such a mature and vicious role. She's doing great in this series by the way!

As for Gao Da Jie's relationship with men, she definately cares for all 4 killers but for herself first. She has a certain attachment to Ye Xiang. She does love him and insanely jealous of Xie Die, but she is also very realistic. She needs to use men in order to survive, so she continues to sleep with Xie Die's dad since he owns the brothel and land she lives on. She also uses him as protection. She understands him a lot, but no, she does not love him.

But generally, she loves Ye Xiang a lot and cries heaps in ep 19 cos of him.

IMO, I waited 16 years since the Tony movie for Gao Da Jie to love Ye Xiang in return (Donnie and Michelle looked great together) but now, Ye Xiang runs after Xie Die. This is driving me mad.

BTW, have to complain that Jordan (Ye Xiang) and Baron (Meng Xing Hun) are too baby-faced to be cold-blooded killers. They sort of look harmless, don't have that vicious aura about them. Makes the fights look very bad. Baron has a good stare but not of a top killer. He lookes weird in wavy hair, much better when his hair is pulled up. Very handsome!

As to everyone watching the series right now, the most interesting episode of yet is ep 23. But the story is sort of slow. Maybe ep 30 is too much for this story. Find its too much talking and whining. Not enough fighting.

This following spoiler is about ep 23.

Definatley felt bad for Lu Xiang Chuan in ep 23 where he has his outburst. I sort of understand why the producers decided to make him sterile now, gives him extra motivation to turn evil. It is interesting to see things from Lu Xiang Chuan's POV thought and how he grew up and his feelings. This character has definately been humanised to make him more sympathetic (still unforgivable though) than in the novel where he is a total psychopath.

Grred and ambition is his motivation in the novel, but insecurity and revenge is his new motivation for this series which is more understandable for him to turn against Sun Yu Bo. He is not physically mistreated (expect being slashed in the nuts) but he realised that he does not matter to anyone and is only a killing tool and will have nothing in the end. The accident makes him feel inferior as a man and upsets his world and self-value. Very tragic for man.

(Victor is doing good at the moment as well. Slight overacting but he cries well and conveys those bitter feelings effectively.)

BTW, I still don't believe that Sun Yu Bo treats him the same as his children. He probably wouldn't have asked his own son to castrate himself as he said he would.

Right now, most interesting characters are Gao Da Jie, Lu Xiang Chuan and Sun Yu Bo. Others seem like they are filling in time.

Right now, up to ep 24. Not very happy with this version of the story but its not unbearable. It moves too slow, the changes are weird and the fights are too blurry. Hate half of the costumes (just look at Anthony Lau) but most of the acting is good. No one is really giving a bad performance, just average at times.

Rebecca's performance keeps me hooked. Qing Ge Ge has really changed.
    Cyril Connolly

Sun Xiao Die was raped?
    , it was different with Tony leung version, i like tony's version better, and they had a happy ending
    at least they should follow the novel, that girl was really pitiful

Default Ending song!

Thought the ending song is nice. Did anyone know who sing or where can I find the song.

Just finished watching the ending. And a very good one. the pace is perfect, suspenseful and yet has enough time for the main characters to finish their story. Hate the rushed bit on the Roc Place though.

Gosh! Victor Huang is so handsome in the last ep!

I will return later to discuss when others finish it.
    Cyril Connolly