Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just how powerful would be someone who mastered 9 Yum Jen Ging and 9 Yeung Jen Ging?

Default Just how powerful would be someone who mastered 9 Yum Jen Ging and 9 Yeung Jen Ging?

The 9 Yum Jen Ging and the 9 Yeung Jen Ging were the two top martial arts skills in the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY. Golden Haired Lion King Tse Tsun posited that if anyone could master both skills, that person would become invincible. Cheung Mo Gei observed that perhaps no one could pull it off (except maybe Cheung 3 Fung, but Cheung Mo Gei wasn't certain about that at all). In any case, no one ever did master *both* skills.

But just how powerful do you believe a person who did master both skills would be? Would that person truly be invincible?

if i remember correctly Cheung Mo Kei taught Chow Chi Yerk taught 9 Yeung Jen Ging when she was injured on the Ice Fire Island. Then later on she also learned 9 Yum Jen Ging from breaking the sword and sabre. I thought that was the reason that made her strong in a short period of time. i didnt read this part from the story but from watching the HSDG 2000. someone confirm this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxia_FTW View Post
    if i remember correctly Cheung Mo Kei taught Chow Chi Yerk taught 9 Yeung Jen Ging when she was injured on the Ice Fire Island. Then later on she also learned 9 Yum Jen Ging from breaking the sword and sabre. I thought that was the reason that made her strong in a short period of time. i didnt read this part from the story but from watching the HSDG 2000. someone confirm this for me.
    HSDS 2000 is one of the absolute worst sources to go for accurate information on the story details.

Cheung Mo Gei used his own 9 Yeung inner power to heal Chow Chi Yerk's injury, but noticed that a force inside Chow Chi Yerk's body was resisting his 9 Yeung inner power. What Cheung Mo Gei didn't know was that his 9 Yeung inner power was clashing against Chow Chi Yerk's incipient 9 Yum inner power. When Cheung Mo Gei brought the issue up with Tse Tsun, Tse Tsun assumed that the problem was that Cheung Mo Gei's 9 Yeung energy was conflicting with Ngor Mei Sect's native Yum (Yin)-based inner power (which is a weird line of reasoning considering that the base of the Ngor Mei Sect's inner power technique was also the 9 Yeung Jen Ging).

Chow Chi Yerk later asked Cheung Mo Gei to teach her the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, but Cheung Mo Gei demured because he believed that attempting to combine the 9 Yeung Jen Ging with the Ngor Mei Sect's (supposedly) Yin-based inner power methods would result in fire deviation. Cheung Mo Gei believed that it was practically impossible to train in both the 9 Yeung Jen Ging and the 9 Yum Jen Ging, and even his grandteacher Cheung 3 Fung wasn't guaranteed to be able to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxia_FTW View Post
    I cannot believe you are using HSDS 2000 as your source... That was one of the WORST adaptions that I have ever seen in my life....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Besides the name making them sound awesomely synergistic, I don't think mastering both of them would make you much stronger than say, mastering Yijinjing and 6 Meridian Swords, or even Yijinjing and Dragon Palms or something.

What could give you a big boost is if the 2 opposing yin/yang energies clashed and almost killed you but didn't and instead merged together, a la Shi Potian.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    What could give you a big boost is if the 2 opposing yin/yang energies clashed and almost killed you but didn't and instead merged together, a la Shi Potian.
    Do you think the resultant boost could put the practitioner at Hui Juk's level of inner power?

Zhou Botong could have had fun trying to separate the opposing energies, then setting them to fight each other in his body.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Do you think the resultant boost could put the practitioner at Hui Juk's level of inner power?
    I don't think so.

I think merging 9 Yin and 9 Yang qualifies as breaking the Greats barrier and plateau effect.

Xiao Wu Xiang Gong alone seems enough to pass the Greats barrier.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

9yin inner power and 9yang inner power would lead to the same place at the highest level. but at the beginning level, they start from opposing sides. because ZZR's 9yin energy was of a high level type energy, it opposed ZWJ's refined 9yang energy but was not refined enough to compete yet. she would need at least five years to reach the same level. it wouldn't be necessary to merge the skills. 9yin and 9yang had different theories inside but 9yang had it's roots in 9yin. if you mastered 9yang inner power, then you should be able to practice the skills in 9yin with practicing the 9yin inner power first. ZWJ did not have much time to look over the 9yin manual, at most he saw enough to notice the difference in theories. so he thought only ZSF had enough knowledge in both yin and yang type martial arts to master the two. wudang martial arts had focused on yin and yang balance, so he was the likely candidate. however with a year of study, ZWJ could probably do the same.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

As we see in OTG, it is possible to combine yin and yang (although it was noted as extremly dangerous). I dont think ZWJ could do without help. You need experience of both theories.

As for the effect of combining the the two? I assume that we only talk about combining the internal portion av 9 yin with 9 yang, cause I dont see how the external part of 9 yin would get any more boost from 9 yang. I think that the practioner would rank among the best of DGSD era. Not the top like SM, ZX, CareFree bunch or DY with working chi swords, but at least XF and his equals.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

however neither 9yin or 9yang are pure yin or yang energy. they are pure based qi based inner energy. they only lean more towards one type of energy in the beginning but become completely pure later on. when ZWJ talked about merging the two, he was talking about the martial theories which had opposing ideas. in ode to gallantry, SPT was taught to practice inner strength wrongly. he should have combined the yin and yang energy from the beginning through the ren and du channels as he mastered each of the 18 yin and yang channels in turn. but xie yanke did not teach him how to combine his energy streams, so SPT developed an extremely high and concentrated yin qi and a high and concentrated yang qi. because of the high level of the two streams, it was difficult to combine them as they were moving in the wrong channels and as SPT had not mastered the ren and du channels. but because of the elixer that ding dang fed him, the energy streams were drawn into his ren and du channels and dispersed by the sect member who hit him. it was a different thing compared to merging 9yin and 9yang.

The turnout might be similar to never-seen-before Dragon Elephant Prajna 11th level.

The turnout might be similar to never-seen-before Dragon Elephant Prajna 11th level.
    This sounds like a start of a PJ's vs thread
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post

Cheung Mo Gei used his own 9 Yeung inner power to heal Chow Chi Yerk's injury, but noticed that a force inside Chow Chi Yerk's body was resisting his 9 Yeung inner power. What Cheung Mo Gei didn't know was that his 9 Yeung inner power was clashing against Chow Chi Yerk's incipient 9 Yum inner power. When Cheung Mo Gei brought the issue up with Tse Tsun, Tse Tsun assumed that the problem was that Cheung Mo Gei's 9 Yeung energy was conflicting with Ngor Mei Sect's native Yum (Yin)-based inner power (which is a weird line of reasoning considering that the base of the Ngor Mei Sect's inner power technique was also the 9 Yeung Jen Ging).

Chow Chi Yerk later asked Cheung Mo Gei to teach her the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, but Cheung Mo Gei demured because he believed that attempting to combine the 9 Yeung Jen Ging with the Ngor Mei Sect's (supposedly) Yin-based inner power methods would result in fire deviation. Cheung Mo Gei believed that it was practically impossible to train in both the 9 Yeung Jen Ging and the 9 Yum Jen Ging, and even his grandteacher Cheung 3 Fung wasn't guaranteed to be able to pull it off.
    I read somewhere that this also didnt happen in the 3rd edition of HSDS.

I believe its stated that Pure Yin internal energy and Pure Yang internal energy by right should conteract against each other, and lead to serious fire deviation. However, Shi Potian overcame this barrier (by accident), and became very powerful.

Which brings me to Luohan Fumuo Shengong, the powerful Shaolin martial arts that SPT mastered to bring his fused Yin-Yang internal energy to an unprecedented level.

This powerful martial arts emphasized on the practice and balance of Yin energy and Yang energy, so I reckon its something like learning both 9Yin and 9Yang, not counting the external martial arts portions. Exactly how powerful is this martial arts from Shaolin?
    ..ext88

Luohan Fumuo Shengong or demon subduing arhat shengong is not based on practice of yin and yang energy anymore then any other internal energy skill. it was an extremely subtle but powerful type of inner power practice that requires one who has the buddhist nature to subdue one's one demons(anger, greed lust) and control over ones emotions to practice. if the slightest bit of anger, greed or lust remains in the practitioners heart, then fire deviation will occur. SPT mastered it because of his naive nature and the high level of pure(yin and yang balanced) energy he possessed prior to discovering the hidden diagrams beneath the clay covering on the wooden figurines. it is a secret neigong skill of shaolin maybe with some links to yiyingji since it was a high level shaolin monk who created it. there were no external moves in it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    Luohan Fumuo Shengong or demon subduing arhat shengong is not based on practice of yin and yang energy anymore then any other internal energy skill.
    Which novel is this from? Also does SPT a character from the same novel?