Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huang Rong Martial Arts question

Default Huang Rong Martial Arts question

Did Huang Rong master Jiu Yin Zhen Jing along with Guo Jing or was it just GJ who had mastered the techniques? I always thought that both of them had mastered the manual and could never understand why Huang Rong was so inferior in martial arts compared to Guo Jing and the other greats even though she was proficient in the Dog Beating Stick, Peach Island Martial Arts and Jiu Yin Zhen Jing.

Also was XLN the strongest female martial artist at the end of ROCH? or was it HR?
    Last edited by goodrick; 01-04-10 at 01:31 AM.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

HR had too many distractions from having children and running beggers clan. GJ had much better inner power then her at the end of LOCH and he made great improvements after. HR did not catch up to his level but aside from inner strength, she could be considered his equal.it's like yideng's disciples and quanzhen elders learned all of WCY's skills but they did not catch up to their teachers level. you need the talent to reach the next level.

XLN should be the most powerful female. even through ZBt and GJ also knew mutual hands combat, they might not defeat her easily since maiden purity+quanzhen blends together for flawless defense and attack.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    HR had too many distractions from having children and running beggers clan. GJ had much better inner power then her at the end of LOCH and he made great improvements after. HR did not catch up to his level but aside from inner strength, she could be considered his equal.it's like yideng's disciples and quanzhen elders learned all of WCY's skills but they did not catch up to their teachers level. you need the talent to reach the next level.

XLN should be the most powerful female. even through ZBt and GJ also knew mutual hands combat, they might not defeat her easily since maiden purity+quanzhen blends together for flawless defense and attack.
    Thanks for the response. HR in general was such a disappointment in ROCH. She never really became proficient and never truly mastered any of her fathers signature and most celebrated martial arts The Divine Finger Flick or the Jade Flute Swordplay and never really carried his legacy forward. She kinda sorta learned the Jiu Yin Zhen Jing but was nowhere near as proficient as Guo Jing and the other greats. Heck, she was not even the most powerful female martial artist of her time as that honor goes to XLN. She showed so much promise in LOCH but she was nothing but disappointment in ROCH.

Was it ever said that XLN was stronger than HR? From what I remembered, HR was stronger than LMC (XLN's martial sis), who was in turn stronger than XLN and this did not change while LMC was alive. After LMC died, there was no indication that XLN became stronger than HR.

XLN could use the Jade Maiden Sword play by herself when she learnt the ambidextrious skill. The Jade Maiden was able to fight Golden Wheel Monk to a standstill.

Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    Was it ever said that XLN was stronger than HR? From what I remembered, HR was stronger than LMC (XLN's martial sis), who was in turn stronger than XLN and this did not change while LMC was alive. After LMC died, there was no indication that XLN became stronger than HR.
    Read the Chongyang temple fight, and ask if Huang Rong was capable of even approaching that level of expertise. Arguably the single most impressive display of martial arts in the trilogy.

I dont really see why she could not. Bear in mind that she had the dog-beating skill in her arsenal as well as a whole host of other skills. I think that GWM was only surprised by XLN's sudden increase in skill as well as the weird swordplay (2 different sword style by both hands) she was using. Besides, using GMW to gauge a person is really hard since he underperforms so much and he did not fight HR head to head (ignoring the short unfair fight when she was with child).

Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    I dont really see why she could not. Bear in mind that she had the dog-beating skill in her arsenal as well as a whole host of other skills. I think that GWM was only surprised by XLN's sudden increase in skill as well as the weird swordplay (2 different sword style by both hands) she was using. Besides, using GMW to gauge a person is really hard since he underperforms so much and he did not fight HR head to head (ignoring the short unfair fight when she was with child).
    XLN was fighting the Golden Wheel Monk, the Mongolian mercs, the Quanzhen masters, and various 3rd generation Quanzhen disciples, simultaneously. Previously, when she was fighting the Mongol mercs, she drove them off, when she was fighting the GWM, she wounded him several times, when she was fighting the Quanzhen masters, she wounded several of them.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

HR was not bad at all. she had mastered her fathers skills, divine descending sword palm, orchid whisking accuipoint sealing, TZTSG and jade flute swordplay. she also learned 9yin entirely. she did not reach the uppermost level of inner power but she had rather well refined inner power, to the level a great level can't take her strike directly. at the time she was trapped by JLFW and YG had to rescue her, JLFW was seriously injured after he got hit with a rock and HR's palm. he wasn't able to recover for a while and only after YG decided to help him made a recovery. if HR wasn't pregnant, she could have held her own against JLFW.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

XLN is so overrated. What does she have in her arsenal that makes her greater than HR? HR knows all of 9yin while XLN knows 1/3rd at most.

HR simply does not care about her martial art lvl, because she is always with GJ. If she was interested and applied herself I truly believe she is capable of reaching GJ/Greats lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    XLN is so overrated. What does she have in her arsenal that makes her greater than HR? HR knows all of 9yin while XLN knows 1/3rd at most.

HR simply does not care about her martial art lvl, because she is always with GJ. If she was interested and applied herself I truly believe she is capable of reaching GJ/Greats lvl.
    What's the most impressive fight Huang Rong has been in? What's her most impressive martial arts feat?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    What's the most impressive fight Huang Rong has been in? What's her most impressive martial arts feat?
    Getting the Dog-beating Stick broken in 1 move by GWM.

Using GSZ as comparison, I recall HR and LMC not being able to do much against him, while XLN murdered him without breaking a sweat.

It doesn't matter what arsenal HR have, her performance in ROCH is completely overshadowed by XLN's L/R jade arts combo. Whereas GJ has a thing or two to show with regards to YG being ROCH no. 1.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Using GSZ as comparison, I recall HR and LMC not being able to do much against him, while XLN murdered him without breaking a sweat.

It doesn't matter what arsenal HR have, her performance in ROCH is completely overshadowed by XLN's L/R jade arts combo. Whereas GJ has a thing or two to show with regards to YG being ROCH no. 1.
    I totally agree. HR was nothing but a disappointment (at least for me) in ROCH. She is my favorite female lead character from all JY novels and it was an utter disappointment for me to see her in ROCH not living upto her promised potential that she showed in LOCH.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    Getting the Dog-beating Stick broken in 1 move by GWM.
    LOL

That is a very good question. I do definitely agree that HR was totally overshadowed by XLN and IMHO XLN is the greatest female martial artist of ROCH

Still waiting for "i_fotted" to answer this one. Great question!

HR was not given a fair chance in ROCH in terms of martial arts and in terms of personality. Unfortunately, the ROCH story is told using YG and XLN as the main characters, pushing down HR for most of the story, while keeping GJ at a certain level.

HR's martial arts were very good if you think of what she knows, she just never had a chance to use it. She was pregnant or recovering from childbirth through most of the main story.

XLN had speed and the confusion for her opponents when they see her fighting with Left-Right Technique. Similar to what GJ had at the end of LOCH when fighting with AYF.

Originally Posted by pannonian $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif')
    She made AYF crazy. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    She made AYF crazy. Does that count?
    I dont think that counts and even if it did, I wouldn't give the complete credit to her for driving OYF crazy. Guo Jing had a lot to do with it as well.

Huang Rong always used her brains, not brawn. Huang Rong's brain was the equal to anybody's martial art.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    Huang Rong always used her brains, not brawn. Huang Rong's brain was the equal to anybody's martial art.
    If brains were equal to martial arts, then Huang Yaoshi and Yang Guo should be double as powerful than the others cuz they definitely had the martial arts and super talented brains as well.