Thread: Did Lo Yau Gerk ever learn any of the Hong Lung 18 Palms?

Default Did Lo Yau Gerk ever learn any of the Hong Lung 18 Palms?

According to the bylaws of the Beggar's Union, the Union Chief MUST learn the Dog Beating Stick Technique and customarily also should learn the Hong Lung 18 Palms as well. This tradition certainly seemed to stick at least until North Beggar Hung 7 Gung passed on the Chief position to Wong Yung, who did not learn the Hong Lung 18 Palms because as a woman, she was not physiologically nor temperamentally well-suited to the Hong Lung 18 Palms.

Did her successor, Lo Yau Gerk, learn any of the Hong Lung 18 Palms during ROCH? If he also failed to learn it, then that's two consecutive generations of Beggar's Union Chiefs that didn't learn the Hong Lung 18 Palms.

I don't think Lu Youjiao learned the Xianglong Shi Ba Zhang. I'm not sure if Lu Youjiao's successor Yelu Qi learned the XL18Z either. Maybe someone can confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    I don't think Lu Youjiao learned the Xianglong Shi Ba Zhang. I'm not sure if Lu Youjiao's successor Yelu Qi learned the XL18Z either. Maybe someone can confirm.
    Yeh Lut Chai definitely learned it. In the first two editions of ROCH/HSDS, Yeh Lut Chai learned fifteen of the eighteen palms in the set. In the third and current edition of ROCH/HSDS, he is said to have learned the complete set.

Lo Yau Gerk, however, remains a mystery. I can't imagine that Gwok Jing didn't teach him at least a part of the palms considering that even those two useless Mo Brothers each learned a few of the palms.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

the dog beating skill was the top skill which the leader had to know. HR focused on teaching him that first. likely after he had gotten DBS down, GJ would have taught him HL18Z since he could not let the skill be lost to begger's sect. since GJ was not an official member of the begger sect, there would have been no one left who knew the skill except for the begger sect member who was taught one move for his bravery by HQG.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    since GJ was not an official member of the begger sect, there would have been no one left who knew the skill except for the begger sect member who was taught one move for his bravery by HQG.
    Who killed himself in mid-LOCH, to try and persuade Yang Kang not to move the Beggar Clan south.