Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

Cool

--- and then there were none---...

At least Yang brought the two together.

I have a reservation whether it was really Yang though. Seem like the third party even.

Thanks Athena.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Athena, there's no need to apologize for the length of the update, we are all very grateful for any kind of update because you are using your time and effort to give so many of us such an exciting piece of literature

here's to you hehe,I feel like Zhu Lei'Er now

come on guys, lets get together and give Athena a big to show our support

yay yay hug for Athena! ^_^

gotta watch out for someguy though =þ

Thumbs up Thx Athena!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for another dose of daily updates. [Thumbs Up] Take your time in updating, but I need another appearance of Lin Daiyu to save Yu Peiyu from Zhu Lei'Er. And I hope Peiyu remembers his lotto ticket [Ultimate Tablet] and kick some major beebees, yea.
    -
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    1. Wonder if the Tang Yue and Golden Blossom deceived Yu Peiyu and others all along. The great escape artiste.
    --- quote: She [Lei'Er] turned around and saw that Iron Blossom was gone. Iron Blossom was walking behind them [Lei'Er and Peiyu].
    2. Oh no, Yu Peiyu is losing in to Zhu Lei'Er. Still, Lei'Er seems supportive of Yu Peiyu so far. If this continues, Lei'Er might equal Lin Daiyu and ... there can be only one! [Highlander theme AGAIN]
    --- quote: Suddenly Yu Peiyu rushed over to Zhu Lei'Er's position and held Zhu Lei'Er's hand. He was afraid that she will disappear into nothingness too [like Iron Blossom]."
    3. Each member disappearing one by one, reminds me of the NOTHINGNESS in Neverending Story and the feeling in Lord of the Rings [sadness of things passing]
    --- quote: She tightly held on to her hand and was afraid the mysterious black oblivion would swallow her too like it did too Iron Blossom.
    4. Egad, Yu Peiyu lose more ground to Zhu Lei'Er. I need Psyche to lure away Cupid.
    [QUOTE]
    --- quote: Yu Peiyu said with soft and gentle:"We will share the bed, it is a big bed. And I am not fat."
    [QUOTE]

5. Nice romance commedy between Zhu Lei'Er and the sleeping Yu Peiyu. Too bad, the movie definitely cannot portray this [unless directors are meticulous].

6. Author's comment about Zhu Lei'Er.
    --- quote: The happiness of a young girl..........the happiness and innocence of a young girl.
    -
    -
    -
    QUESTIONS: [In need of the dynamic duo ]
    1. What method did Golden Blossom use to kill herself?
    --- quote: Golden Blossom gently held Zhu Lei'Er's hand and said:"You don't have to taste it, there is no poison in my cup." [...] Golden Blossom said gently:"The poison was in my heart, when little Yue died I had already......."
    -
    -
    -
    INTERESTING LINES:
    1. She lowered her head and said:"Men need more time to mature, but women can mature very quickly sometime even overday."

2. he said loudly:"Why should I give up! I lost this round, but I won't give up not while I am still breathing."

3. He looked very determined and resolute, nothing and nobody in this world could change his mind about his plan. [Reminds me of Dugu Qui Bai]

4. She wanted to scream on the rooftops and let everyone know what happened here. But if people would come now and enter their room she would hide herself under her blanket again.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-15-03 at 10:53 PM.

kiss and hug for you athena!!
    thank you so much for the quick update!

Cool

I agree that it was Yu's huge mistake to order separate room for them all. They should have slept in the same room (five-some party)

As for Golden Blossom, I think she must have taken something beforehand but the theory that she planned to escape away with Tang is also possible.

the supporting clue is the disappearance of Iron Blossom whom I don't think being kidnapped (without putting some good fights of her own) and also the fact that Tang 'died' under Tang's secret weapons.

i think Yu did the acceptable way by each having their own room because guy and girl dont share room together unless they are marry. this is back wayyyyy then. lol. plus i think he was trying to give Tang Yue and Golden Blossom opportunity to ........

Originally posted by ProtoM
    i think Yu did the acceptable way by each having their own room because guy and girl dont share room together unless they are marry. this is back wayyyyy then. lol. plus i think he was trying to give Tang Yue and Golden Blossom opportunity to ........
    Wasn't really time for that.. I'd throw away the restrictions and get one room (cheaper too)... at least u get to live

Cool

Originally posted by ProtoM
    yes, but he should realize they were on a run and that Blossoms sisters were not the most chasted women in the world and that Tang was practically Golden's husband and ....

On the whole, I think he was too excited that Parrot was no longer there and just being too laxed and careless.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow

Wow! Thanks for your wonderful comments everyone! Furthermore a bit of news someguy44/Jason and I are no longer together. It is really me, it is not his fault.
    Well to anonymous: Tang Yue and Golden Blossom are unfortunately really dead. I think Golden Blossom must have taken a lethal poison when she changed her clothes. But that's just the opinion of Miss Athena, I now look at Dr. Goofy for help.

Chapter 31 As Unpredictable As The Weather

Yu Peiyu was pretending to be asleep, after a long time when he noticed that Zhu Lei'Er was really asleep he opened his eyes.
    Zhu Lei'Er was asleep, she was really tired a lot of happened in these days. He thought she was still young and still very innocent, when he saw the sweet, tranquil and beautiful face of Zhu Lei'Er he smiled.
    To be honest although Yu Peiyu was a true gentleman, he was still a healthy young man. Sleeping next to him was a beautiful young girl who was madly in love with him, if he said he wouldn't feel anything right now he would be lying.
    Furthermore if he really would embrace her, he knew she wouldn't resist him. Yu Peiyu gently caressed her hair, suddenly he felt warm. But then he remembered Lin Daiyu, he remembered that night with Lin Daiyu.
    Even if Yu Peiyu didn't tell Lin Daiyu who he really was, but she already knew.
    Her love for Yu Peiyu told her that he was her fiance.
    When she stabbed him, her heart was also filled with sorrow and pain. Yu Peiyu removed his hand of Zhu Lei'Er's hair.

The night slowly passed, fortunately Yang Zijiang made no appearance. Zhu Lei'Er woke up first and saw she was sleeping next to Yu Peiyu.
    She realised it was her first night with a man, she was happy and nervous.
    Albeit nothing happened but she felt she was no longer a girl she was now a woman.
    She couldn't help herself from giggling.
    The sun shone into the room now, she carefully looked at Yu Peiyu. He was still asleep, he looked like an innocent boy too.
    Zhu Lei'Er also gently caressed his face and said gently:"If this was our home, it would be perfect. I will cook congee for you every morning and you will have to eat at least eight bowls before leaving the table."
    Yu Peiyu laughed now:"Eight bowls only, I can eat at least ten bowls at this moment."
    Zhu Lei'Er was scared out of her wits and quickly pulled away her hand.
    She pouted:"I thought you were gentleman but you're a........I.....I....am so embar......."
    She didn't know what to say.
    Yu Peiyu looked at her and was dazzled, her hair was loose and her cheeks were reddish. She looked absolutely gorgeous now, he wondered he should feel happy or sad.
    He got up and said softly:"Strange, why hasn't Yang Zijiang made an appearance yet."
    Zhu Lei'Er turned pale when she heard the name Yang Zijiang and said with fear:"Perhaps he is afraid of us?"
    Yu Peiyu stayed quiet, Zhu Lei'Er said:"What other reason could there be?"
    Yu Peiyu looked pensive and sighed:"I really don't know, but I'm sure he isn't afraid of us."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled sweetly:"Maybe he is dead, or maybe he got blind. Or even better he has caught leprosy. Anyway he isn't here and we shouldn't waste our time thinking about him."
    Yu Peiyu said with a smiled:"The only thing I am thinking about is a big bowl of noodles."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"And two fried dough sticks would be nice too."
    She was feeling perky and happy today and after breakfeast they went on their way. Around noon they had reached the territory of the Tang Clan.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"How much further is it?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"About one hour walk from here."
    Zhu Lei'Er sighed deeply:"We're finally here."
    Yu Peiyu sighed too:"That imposter must have arrived yesterday, he could have done a lot these two days."
    Zhu Lei'Er said gently:"Don't worry, he only arrived two days earlier than us. Besides he has to deal with a lot of formalities, I don't think he has time to do anything evil at the moment."
    Yu Peiyu said:"I hope so too, but I'm afraid........"
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"What are you afraid of?"
    Yu Peiyu said earnestly:"I am afraid that the people from the Tang Clan won't believe my story. Imagine some stranger walkes up to you and tells you, your father is an imposter. Will you believe him like that?"
    The most problematic thing at the moment is convincing the members of the Tang Clan, not reaching the Tang Manor.
    How can he convince them that this Tang Wushuang is a fake.
    Zhu Lei'Er frowned and asked:"Do you know any Tang disciples?"
    Yu Peiyu smiled wryly:"I don't know them at all."
    Zhu Lei'Er exclaimed with surprise:"Not even one?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Just one a Miss Tang Lin."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at him bemused and said:"Tang Lin.....Tang Lin.....a very pretty name. She must be very pretty too."
    Yu Peiyu felt he had said too much and just said:"Hmm."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Are you very close to her?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"I just met her once."
    Zhu Lei'Er pouted:"Only once and you remember her name that clearly. Not easy."
    With a strange, easy jealous girl at his side, he was a bit dumbfounded what to do. The best option was to keep quiet.
    They passed a local road stall, the noodles and pancakes smelled wonderful.
    Yu Peiyu bought a few of those fried pancakes for Zhu Lei'Er and himself, if they would eat they couldn't talk about those embarrassing matters like Tang Lin.
    Zhu Lei'Er only took one bite and was still chewing on it.
    Yu Peiyu laughed:"Are you still angry?"
    Zhu Lei'Er pouted:"I'm not that quickly jealous as that Zhong Jing."
    She regretted those words and blushed out of embarrassment. She finally swallowed that piece of pancake and said:"I suddenly thought of something."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"What is it?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Maybe Yang Zijiang has reached the Tang Manor too." Yu Peiyu nodded in agreement.
    Zhu Lei'Er continued:"He knew that we're heading for the Tang Manor."
    Yu Peiyu nodded again and said:"Very likely."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Maybe he has devised a plan with the fake Tang Wushuang, when we reach the Tang Manor they will have many nasty surprises waiting for us."
    Yu Peiyu didn't speak, but his face looked very serious. He too has thought about this problem. But he didn't know how to deal with such a situation if it arose.
    He also knew that the chance of exposing this Tang Wushuang was very small.
    But he didn't want to tell Zhu Lei'Er about his worries, he didn't want to upset her. He knew she was feeling happy today, he would rather suffer alone than see her sad and worried again.
    He was the type of person who would share his happiness gladly with others, but would keep his sorrow in his heart and suffer alone.
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"If we go to the Tang Manor like this, we will likely be attacked at once. The Tang Manor is filled with experts and that imposter only has to issue an order."
    Yu Peiyu took a deep breath before saying:"There is no other alternative now."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"But......"
    She didn't finish her sentence, because a party or riders were coming their way.
    Leading these riders was a carriage, Zhu Lei'Er whispered:"They're not from the Tang Manor."
    Yu Peiyu nodded but looked very serious now, Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Shall we ask them what they know about the Tang Manor?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"No, that will only arouse their suspicion."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I understand."
    The group of riders rode by on their horses, Zhu Lei'Er couldn't resist to look at them.
    She saw two muscular men leading now, they wore expensive brocades. There were two strange-looking flags on the carriage, all the men were talking and laughing.
    After they passed Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er, she asked:"Are those people from an armed guard agency?"
    Yu Peiyu answered:"Yes, they are."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"I have never seen those before untill now. It looks like fun, if I were a man I would like to be an armed guard for one day."
    Yu Peiyu laughed:"But the fun would be over if you would meet robbers."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I have heard that usually two or three guards would shout the slogan of their agency to scare off potential robbers. And their flags would be raised highly. But now their flags are put away and there are no guards shouting."
    Yu Peiyu said:"That is because they are respecting the Tang Clan. Did you see the casual looks of those men earlier, because they are certain that no one has the audacity to ambush them on Tang territory."
    Zhu Lei'Er pouted:"Just a mere Tang Clan! Please?!? If I wasn't busy right now I would certainly try them out."
    Yu Peiyu laughed and thought the daughter of Lady Zhu, the niece of the famous master Feng San wouldn't take the Tang Clan seriously. But how many people can learn the skills of Zhu Mei and/or Feng San.
    Suddenly two riders rode by them with incredible speed and yelled:"Chief Wang, chief Qian! Wait a minute!"
    Two armed guards recognized the riders as disciples of the Tang clan and said:"Chiefs, two masters of the Tang Manor are here."
    The two chiefs came back and asked:"What is wrong?"
    Yu Peiyu became extra alert when he knew that those two men were Tang disciples. They wore black robes and looked sad and anxious.
    That chief Qian spoke first:"Because it was too early we didn't want to impose on you, so that is why didn't go to the Tang Manor. But we will pay a visit to you after we have finished our job."
    He was afraid that the Tang Clan would blame them for being rude, that is why he quickly explained why they didn't pay respects to the Tang Manor.
    Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er looked at each other and thought:Could the imposter want to create turmoil in the Wulin of Sichuan province? Are these two sent here to kill these armed guards?
    Yu Peiyu couldn't see these innocent people getting killed, if these two would draw their weapons he would immediately intervene.
    One of the Tang disciple said:"I received your cards and realised that chief Wang and Qian of the Grand Far Agency were passing by. Please forgive us for not greeting you earlier."
    Chief Wang said:"You're too kind."
    Chief Qian said:"What brings masters Tang here?"
    The other disciple said:"It is because......"
    He now lowered his voice and Yu Peiyu, Zhu Lei'Er couldn't hear a word. Zhu Lei'Er looked annoyed and angry.
    Both Qian and Wang looked surprised and shocked and said:"No!"
    The two Tang disciples only nodded.
    Chief Wang whispered something in the ears of the guards and everone rode along with the two Tang disciples.
    When they were gone, Zhu Lei'Er asked:"What has happened in the Tang Manor, why were they so shocked?"
    Yu Peiyu looked pensive Zhu Lei'Er added:"Maybe it is all a ruse of that imposter to trick those group of men to the Tang Manor. We really should find out more about the current situation of the Tang Manor, before we enter."
    Yu Peiyu suddenly said:"Can you promise me something?"
    Zhu Lei'Er was a bit surprised and said:"Tell me what it is first."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Promise me first."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"You're acting like a boy right now, how can I promise you something if I don't know what it is. For all I know you want me to give you a ki....."
    She stayed silent and her cheeks turned red.
    Yu Peiyu said sincerely:"I have never begged you to do anything before, but now I want you to promise me this."
    Zhu Lei'Er bit her lip and said:"Allright, I promise you."
    Yu Peiyu said seriously:"After we enter the Tang Manor I want you to go to the restaurant left of the courtyard. That is where the Tang Clan entertain their guests, according to their ancient family directives no one is allowed to use force there."
    Last edited by Athena; 08-16-03 at 04:36 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

I like Zhu Lei'Er more and more as the story progresses. I hope she has a good ending...

By the way, who is more beautiful? Lin Daiyu or Zhu Lei'Er? I notice in your character description, you said Lin Daiyu was said to be the most beautiful girl in wu lin, but in Zhu Lei'Er's, you said she was the most beautiful girl at this point in the story.
    Last edited by Demitre; 08-16-03 at 08:24 AM.

Originally posted by Yang Guo
    Wasn't really time for that.. I'd throw away the restrictions and get one room (cheaper too)... at least u get to live
    it was not all about the restrictions that made you decided on having separate room. Yu was thinking for Tang Yue and Golden Blossom since Tang Yue will be going back to the Tang Manor to admit all this wrong doing. Thus it might be his last chance of staying alive or even be with Golden Blossom.....thus Yu wanted him to have a chance alone with Golden Blossom

Wow! Thanks for your wonderful comments everyone! Furthermore a bit of news someguy44/Jason and I are no longer together. It is really me, it is not his fault.
    deepest sympathy going out to someguy44 but hey u r single btw thanx for the quick translation Athena
    Last edited by ProtoM; 08-16-03 at 01:59 PM.

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for another update. Hmm, seems Yu Peiyu is applying Formlessness [techniques] in his plans too: meaning, on the spot decisions. I hope the Peiyu company coordinate well. Peiyu might need coconut [brain] milk.
    -
    -
    -
    To Athena:
    quote: Furthermore a bit of news someguy44/Jason and I are no longer together.
    --- I recommend "Yang Guo." I'll enjoy reading your love story in ROCH j/k

quote: Tang Yue and Golden Blossom are unfortunately really dead.
    --- You are sure they dont get resurrected suddenly in another book? j/k.
    -
    -
    -
    To Dr. Goofy:
    quote: Blossoms sisters were not the most CHASTED women in the world and that Tang was practically Golden's husband
    --- Depends which definition of "chaste." Using the no-sex definition, they are all chaste because they only DISPLAYED their nudity/arts [I think].
    -
    -
    -
    To Demitre:
    quote: Lin Daiyu was said to be the most beautiful girl in wu lin, but in Zhu Lei'Er's, you said she was the most beautiful girl at this point in the story.
    --- Lin Daiyu has general acceptance as being the most beautiful girl, while Lei'Er is only considered the most beautiful girl by her few acquaintances. Also, both are more or less disciples of the the Wuxia Venus [w/ martial arts].
    -
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    1. Yea, another point for Yu Peiyu with Lin Daiyu.
    --- quote: Even if Yu Peiyu didn't tell Lin Daiyu who he really was, but she already knew. Her love for Yu Peiyu told her that he was her fiance.
    2. I dub Yu Peiyu and company: the suicide squad. Going to Tang Mansion without a plan, with a mysterious killer following, and with a fake Tang Wushuang probably ready for the Yu Squad. Strange why they didnt ask Ji Lingfeng's whoopee pills and her associates/henchmen for help. They can also annoy Parrot and enlist his help.

3. Oh course, Zhu Lei'Er can go anywhere else afterward and still promise Yu Peiyu.
    --- quote: Yu Peiyu said seriously:"After we enter the Tang Manor I want you to go to the restaurant left of the courtyard. That is where the Tang Clan entertain their guests, according to their ancient family directives no one is allowed to use force there."
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-16-03 at 10:21 PM.

Cool

I feel more sinister plan is ahead.

I have a question: who would be counted as Yu's first wife?

Lin: she was the fiance, officially the formal wife

However, Zhu was the one who first entered ceremony with Yu.

So, who will win out the ultimate positon????

Thanks Athena. Things are getting more and more interesting.

And Athena, I am sure Moin and Tigerwong might be waiting with flowers at your door already...

I been gone for a week and it was great reading all the updates. I don't know what happen in this past week but I been reading a lot of the threads. I really hope you do re-consider leaving this forum.

I think you have contributed to this forum tremendously. And not just the translation but also your wuxia knowledge. You will be greatly miss if you do decide to go. But I really hope it doesn't come to that.

As always, enjoying every ounce of the story.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

yay another great translation from our favourite Athena

Originally posted by Goofy
    I agree that it was Yu's huge mistake to order separate room for them all. They should have slept in the same room (five-some party)

"Man is his own star; and the soul that can
    Render an honest and a perfect man,
    Commands all light, all influence, all fate;
    Nothing to him falls early or too late.
    Our acts our angels are, or good or ill,
    Our fatal shadows that walk by us still."

Thumbs up Hope you feel better soon!

To Athena,

Here's a , support you 100% about your annoyance with your annoyer, and an advice you gave me "I hope you're feeling better now [...] There is always tomorrow!"

Oh course, I apologize to "Yang Guo".

Default Re: Hope you feel better soon!

Originally posted by Anonymous
    To Athena,

Here's a , support you 100% about your annoyance with your annoyer, and an advice you gave me "I hope you're feeling better now [...] There is always tomorrow!"

Oh course, I apologize to "Yang Guo".
    hello?

Cool Replies

Hiya gys,
    Just comments for now.
    -
    -
    To YangGuo:
    quote: Oh course, I apologize to "Yang Guo".
    --- Sorry, I was really referring to Yang Guo of ROCH. ]

To Goofy:
    --- Finished commenting on Heaven and Earth on Winglet, and posting it now. It's harsh though ...