Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

Default Re: Replies

Originally posted by Anonymous
    Hiya gys,
    Just comments for now.
    -
    -
    To YangGuo:
    quote: Oh course, I apologize to "Yang Guo".
    --- Sorry, I was really referring to Yang Guo of ROCH. ]

To Goofy:
    --- Finished commenting on Heaven and Earth on Winglet, and posting it now. It's harsh though ...
    OH alrighty then
    but... why?

Unhappy Athena's leaving

I read from somewhere that Athena's leaving SPCnet. I hope that is not true and those words were written at the heat of the battle.

Athena, if you're reading this, just cool off and relax for some time, ok?? This is an Internet forum & you'll run into all kinds of people here. Just don't take things seriously... once your anger subsides, please come back. I'm sure I'm not the only one welcoming you back.

Anyway if you don't come back. . it was a pleasure knowing you and thanks for all your work and effort translating novels for us - non chinese literate readers.
    Last edited by optimus; 08-20-03 at 09:54 AM.

It would really be a great great loss if Athena leaves us... I can understand needing a little break though, but please do come back

What???? Oh no... pls Athena, don't leave us!!!
    We really appreaciate your great help in translating wuxia story for us, non Chinese reader..

Lightbulb Comments

Hiya gys,
    Just comments for now. 8)
    -
    -
    To YangGuo:
    quote: Oh course, I apologize to "Yang Guo". [...] but... why?
    --- Athena's avatar is LittleDG and YangGuo is very possessive of her after ROCH. 16 years of separation of repressed love [and I dont want a Sad Palm tattoo thx you. :P]
    -
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    Maybe we can do an Athena "cheering up" contest here at TSATE?
    -
    Here's mine along with my answer to a Goofy_quote: "So, who [Lei'Er / Daiyu] will win out the ultimate position???? [regarding Peiyu]"

Y = Yu Peiyu, L = Lin Daiyu
    I'm shameless in my support of Peiyu and Daiyu. :P
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-19-03 at 02:08 AM.

I do object to your leaving Athena (who i think i am) but really please don't leave us. We really appreciate your work for chinese illiterate reader.
    wish it just temporary and will be back after a while.

Oh
    you sure dude? You can like show it off to your buddies

Athena, please do not leave.

Many of us waiting for your return.

what can I say?

very depresssing

wat would it takes Athena??? 100 roses? ill have it ready dont want u to leave.

Cool More Comments

Hiya gys,
    More cheering and comments for now. 8)
    -
    -
    To YangGuo:
    I dont have tattoos but I do got nailed by the "condor hero's" signature move. With a flourish of a wooden utensil, CondorHero83 signed "Andy Lau" in Chinese in a "I love ROCH83" t-shirt. j/k :P
    -
    -
    -
    Heres is my interpretation of the coming fight between Yu Peiyu and Zang Zijiang

........... ................
    ........... ...............
    ........... ................
    ..."Let see how you dance!"

** We have Peiyu with M16 Ultimate power vs. the speedy Zang Zijiang. :P

Although Athena is no longer frequenting this forum, i just wish to add my appreciation in addition to those already made by others about these wonderful tales and stories that she has/had over all these whiles translated for us.

So for a dear friend,

Athena has already done so much, even if she were to leave I'm content with what she's given. If you're reading this, Athena, I'd like you to know that I've met people MUCH more annoying than SoL in the internet.

People who would start threads to bash an entire country just to get attention. Another guy that sucks up to every newbie, and when they start worshipping him, he admits to being a fraud. Still, both of these losers were given moderating responsabilities later on. And some people that I've helped, and when I get unfairly flamed they just sit idly by like a bunch of wussies.

SoL may post unorthodox threads, but he is still an honest and respectful person. If you are tired of discussing wuxia, I think that would be a good reason to leave. But if you still like arguing about Jin Yong or Gu Long's works, then by leaving you would only be shooting yourself on the foot.

Anyway, it's been REALLY fun reading your translations. Thanks again.

Hiya gys,
    More cheering for now. 8)

Trying to create the climbing stairs penguin thing. :P
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-21-03 at 02:57 AM.

Cool More Cheer

Hiya gys,
    More more cheering for now.
    -
    -
    -

My version of the final battle.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-22-03 at 02:22 AM.

i just hate the downtime between updates. i guess i better get used to it now since Athena is leaving. but just dying here....is everyone feeling what i feel?

Originally posted by ProtoM
    i just hate the downtime between updates. i guess i better get used to it now since Athena is leaving. but just dying here....is everyone feeling what i feel?
    Yes

the lonliness without the update....damn i think i need a girl

Originally posted by ProtoM
    the lonliness without the update....damn i think i need a girl
    Get one for me while u at it

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow Only posted because I couldn't attach this update via e-mail.....

Zhu Lei’Er remained silent after some time, she said sadly:”Do you really think I can stay there and enjoy food and drinks there.”
    She noticed that Yu Peiyu’s hand was very cold. She understood what he was thinking, she smiled faintly:”But no matter what, I will listen to your request.” When they are walking on the main road to the Tang Manor, they saw more and more Wulin people walking to the Tang Manor. They all looked at Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei’Er, they were all captivated by the charisma of Yu Peiyu and the beauty of Zhu Lei’Er. Some of them were a bit surrpised to see Yu Peiyu, it seems that they recognize him, but didn’t want to speak to him. All of them looked troubled and a bit sad. What was the reason these people were going to the Tang Manor? What happened in the Tang Manor?
    Zhu Lei’Er tightly held on to Yu Peiyu’s hand, she asked softly:”Are these people invited over by the imposter? Why would he gather all these people in the Tang Manor, is he planning to ambush them all in one place with the secretive weaponry of the Tang Clan.”
    Zhu Lei’Er shivered when she remembered the evil tactics of Yu Fanghe and Yang Zijiang. She added:”That way all the important Wulin people of Sichuan province will be eliminated.” Yu Peiyu smiled with difficulty:”They wouldn’t dare to plan something that bold.” Zhu Lei’Er said:”But everyone in the realm will only look at the Tang Clan, their objectives are to create chaos. The more chaotic, the better in their eyes.”
    Yu Peiyu said with an uneasy feeling:"Even it they planned something like this, the Tang Clan has bound to have some disciples with some insight, who won't follow orders blindly." But he said those words to convince himself, he knew that the leader of the Tang Clan was also the head of the clan. The order of the clan head cannot be disobeyed, the orders of the leader of the Tang Clan were even followed closer than the orders of the leaders of Shaolin and Wudang.
    They now reached the main doors of the Tang Manor, they heard a lot of weeping sounds and many Wulin people were kneeling in front of the main doors. There were even ten odd Tang disciples wearing mouring clothes kneeling and crying too.
    Yu Peiyu recognized two of them as the Thousand Armed Arhat Tang Shouqing and the Iron-faced Yama Tang Shoufang.
    These two were outstanding disciples of the Tang Clan and also famous martial artist in the realm. They are in mourning clothes too and are receiving the guests, Yu Peiyu could conclude from this that someone died in the Tang Clan.
    He can also make up that this person must be a respected senior in the Tang family. Zhu Lei'Er whispered:"We are too late, he has already killed someone. Who knows how many people have died because their plots? It is strange that he would kill people in the Tang Clan first."
    Although she was whispering and nobody could hear what they were talking about, but they all looked around and looked at them. Everone was kneeling down and they were the only ones standing. Yu Peiyu frowned and pulled Zhu Lei'Er' sleeve, both of them knelt too but Zhu Lei'Er wasn't pleased at all.
    They heard someone cry:"Life is so unpredictable, I never thought that old master Tang would pass away. All of us hoped he would live till another 100 years, who would have thought you would leave us now." Another person said:"Do not be too sad, what has happened has happened. With old master Tang gone, the Wulin affairs in Sichuan rely on the Tang disciples."
    The speaker was an old man with a long white beard, he must be a respected Wulin senior and he more or less emphasized the word [disciples].
    Meaning he is a senior of the Tang disciples. The Tang disciples all nodded but were still crying.
    The person who is dead is none other than Tang Wushuang.
    Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er were shocked beyond words and both wondered what had happened in the last few days. When everyone got up Zhu Lei'Er quickly whispered:"I don't think the imposter has died, even Tang Yue said that he couldn't detect any flaws in the fake. The Tang disciples couldn't have seen
    through him in just two days. Perhaps this is all a ruse to lure these people over here......"
    Yu Peiyu shook his head and whispered back:"There are many
    ways to lure them over, feigning death is not really an option. Judging by the expressions the Tang disciples are really mourning for the lost of their beloved teacher and/or father."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Could it really be that they saw through him and really killed him?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Unlikely! Because if they found out he was an imposter they wouldn't declare an official mourning like this." Zhu Lei'Er said:"Could he really just have died like that?" Yu Peiyu said:"Impossible too! Because with Yu Fanghe's intelligence they wouldn't pick a sickly old man for this job.
    They put too much time and energy in this imposter and it is too much of a coincidence if he really just died of any illness."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"You're right, but what could it be?"
    Yu Peiyu shook his head and did not know how to answer Zhu Lei'Er. Because he really could not guess what happened and did not have a clue where to start to investigate now.

A lot of people entered the Tang Manor with the intentions of paying the last respects to Tang Wushuang. The coffin was in the inner hall of the main hall and a lot of people were weeping in front of it. They could now see that the women of the Tang clan were here and were weeping sadly too.
    There were also rows of large tables with food and drinks, Yu Peiyu wondered how many were actually here to pay their final respects to Tang Wushuang.
    There are bound to be some who came here for a free meal. Zhu Lei'Er and Yu Peiyu both sat down, but both of them couldn't eat. Zhu Lei'Er whispered:"Are we just going to eat something and leave? What are we going to do now?"
    Yu Peiyu smiled wryly.
    Zhu Lei'Er bit her lip and said:"Why won't you look for Miss Tang Lin? Try to gain some information via her." Yu Peiyu could hear the jealous tone in her words and was bemused. At this moment a young maid walk to their table and asked softly Yu Peiyu:"Are you young master Yu Peiyu?" Yu Peiyu wondered how this maid recognized him and what her intentions were, he got up and said
    respectfully:"My name is indeed Yu Peiyu." The maid looked at him and even spoke softer now, she gave Yu Peiyu a rather mysterious stare and said:"Young master Yu, you cannot sit here. Please follow me I will lead you to the hall where we entertain our important guests."
    Yu Peiyu wondered when he became a VIP, nonetheless he said:"Thank you Miss. But I am fine just here." The maid said softly:"My third Miss has instructed me to take you there, if young master Yu doesn't follow me I will be blamed by my third mistress." When Zhu Lei'Er heard the the maid say [Third Miss],
    she became uneasy and said:"In that case, please lead the way."
    She got up and pulled Yu Peiyu along with her. The maid looked at Zhu Lei'Er for a moment before saying:"I am afraid there is only one seat in there, it is better Miss if you would stay here." Zhu Lei'Er just ignored her and continued to pull Yu Peiyu along with her. The maid sort of panicked a bit and said anxiously:"My mistress only ordered that young master Yu could enter. Miss, I suggest....."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled to her:"Not Miss, but Madame Yu." The maid was shocked beyond words and repeated:"Ma.....Madame Yu....." Zhu Lei'Er said:"Yes, Madame Yu. Anywhere young master Yu goes, Madame Yu will follow." The maid was still shocked but she composed herself now and said softly:"Follow me please." Yu Peiyu did not know whether to smile or be angry with Zhu Lei'Er
    now. Zhu Lei'Er looked at him in a funny way and whispered:"I knew she would look for you sooner or later."
    He was lead to a table, sitting at that table too was the old martial arts expert that spoke earlier. Yu Peiyu did not feel for any formalities, so as soon as he sat down he started to eat a bit. Just to avoid to talk to those people. The other guests who were sitting in this hall were all looking at these two youngsters. They all thought it was strange that the Tang Clan would lead them to this place only reserved for the important guests. The
    other guests all looked down upon Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er, so they deliberately ignored him.
    Yu Peiyu was glad to see that. A dark and muscular man in a black robe started to say loudly:"Old master Tang was one of the most respected and prominent Wulin seniors in the realm, it is such a shame that he has passed away. All of us are grieved beyond words." The same words have been said and heard over and over again for numerous times, everyone looked at this man and wondered why he had to repeat these words so loudly again.
    The man added:"Old master Tang has seldom shown himself in public these last years, not many people have the luck to see him. Now that old master Tang has gone, none of us will be able to see him again. I really think we should openly be able to pay our respects to old master Tang and give us the opportunity to see him for one final time."
    A Tang disciple stood up and said:"The coffin of our late teacher has been sealed, we thank you for your good intentions. We thank you again for your respect towards our late master." It was a very polite refusal to the man's request, and the man should be satisfied. However, the man said loudly:"If we cannot see old master Tang for the last time, we will regret it for the rest of our lives."
    The Tang disciple said seriously:"The coffin cannot be opened, I hope you can understand this."
    All the Tang disciples were all alarmed now and paid attention to this man.
    The man did not see the annoyed faces of the guests and the angered faces of the Tang disciples, he continued loudly:"I travelled miles and miles to get to the Tang Manor, I won't be denied in paying my final respects to old master Tang."
    He walked over to the coffin with big steps, everyone thought this man was an idiot. Yu Peiyu knew this man had to be here with ulterior motives. Zhu Lei'Er wanted to open the coffin too and wanted to examine the body. She wished to see whether the imposter had really died and how he died. All the Tang disciples who were kneeling in front of the coffin now got up. Normally they would have already seized this man for his insolence, but because they were mourning and did not want to engage in any fights in front of the coffin of their teacher.
    Another disciple said:"My friend, I think you're drunk."
    The man shouted:"I am not drunk! I haven't even drunk a single drop. I just want to see old master Tang for the last time, is that against the law?"
    A man sitting at the table of Yu Peiyu, hit the table and said loudly:"My friend, I suggest you would sit down right now. The friends of the Tang Clan are not in the position to engage in any fights now. But if you would continue to cause trouble, I Yang Rongtai will deal with you personally!"
    The Stone Splitting Palms Yang Rongtai is a famous martial arts expert in Sichuan province, his words made a deep impact on everyone.
    A voice from outside the hall said coldly:"Yang Rongtai, you shut up! If you're smart you will keep out of this, otherwise I will tell everyone what you did in Shaping City." Everyone looked in the direction of the voice, but couldn't see anyone. Yang Rongtai trembled and finally sat down again.
    But now another man stood up and looked angry he was about to speak, but the old man who sat next to him said:"Brother Hu, this is an affair of the Tang Clan. They will know how to deal with it."
    That man sat down and listened to the old man. Yu Peiyu deducted that the man who was creating a scene was a lackey of Yu Fanghe. And the voice that spoke earlier was also another of Yu Fanghe's henchmen. It seems that this Tang Wushuang died under mysterious circumstances too. Now the Tang disciples who were outside came in too, the Tang disciples had more or less surrounded that man.
    The man was not flustered in fact he even shouted louder:"Why do you prevent us from seeing old master Tang for the last time. Did he die under suspicious conditions? If that is the case I must examine that for myself." At this point all the Tang disciples were furious. One of them said angrilly:"I suggest you would mind your language!" Some of the guests were starting to believe the words of that man and were already whispering. The man said loudly:"I say what I want! All of you must be afraid of something or hiding the truth, why......"

A voice interrupted him:"Enough!" The voice was not very loud but it travelled very far. A young woman in mourning clothes walked up, she looked sad but also very imposing. She was the second daughter of Tang Wushuang, Tang Qi. Left to Tang Qi was Li Peiling, the eldest daughter-in-law of Tang Wushuang and the right was Tang Lin. Tang Lin looked sad and melancholic, she (un)intentionally looked at Yu Peiyu with sadness.
    Tang Qi bowed to the guests and the rest of the disciples followed her example. Tang Qi said respectfully:"This unfilial daughter thanks everyone for coming here. I, on behalf of the entire Tang Clan would like to thank everyone for coming."
    Everyone said:"You're too kind, Miss Tang."
    Tang Qi said:"Initially I did not want to come out here, I was afraid I would be an unworthy host......." She paused for a minute and looked at the man who was creating the scene. She looked very sharp and stern at him and asked:"May I ask what your name is?"
    The man coughed dryly before saying:"My name is Wei Senlin. I am a nobody in Wulin. But....."
    Tang Qi coldly interrupted:"Very good! Wei Senlin, I would like to ask you who sent you here?"
    Yu Peiyu praised Tang Qi in his heart:This Miss Tang is really formidable, she is a perceptive and intelligent woman. She figured out that a fool like Wei Shenlin must be instructed to come here and create a scene. Wei Shenlin cannot answer that question and by that the Tang Clan also does not have to explain anything to Wei Shenlin.
    Wei Senlin's face changed and said:"I....I am here to pay my final respects to old master Tang. Nobody instructed or sent me."
    Tang Qi said coldly:"This is not the appropriate place for us to engage anyone in battle, but if you do not tell us the truth....." She waved her hand slightly and everyone could hear a gong being sounded very loud.
    Tang Qi asked Wei Senlin:"Can you hear that gong?"
    Wei Senlin stuttered:"Yes....yes....I can......"
    Tang Qi said:"If the gong is sounded another two more times, you will die here on the spot. However if you would tell the truth now....." There was no anger in her voice only tranquility but it was enough to scare Wei Senlin out of his wits.
    Wei Senlin turned pale and said with fear in his voice:"I am telling the truth."
    Tang Qi ignored him now and folded her hands. Wei Senlin turned around and wanted to run out of here, but when he reached the doors he saw he was blocked by two men. They were the Thousand Armed Arhat Tang Shouqing and the Iron-faced Yama Tang Shoufang.
    Tang Shoufang was known for being ruthless in battles, he was looking he was about to kill. Wei Senling shivered and backed away from him.
    The gong was sounded another time, but at the same time everyone called out with surprise. Everyone looked at the direction of the coffin and Tang Qi turned too and shrieked with surprise.
    The lid of the coffin was removed and Tang Wushuang's body was erected up.

His face was pale and looked awfully eerie now.
    Tang Qi said sternly:"There is someone behind the coffin."
    Tang Shoufang and Tang Shouqing quickly advanced towards the coffin. Suddenly the corpse of Tang Wushuang flew out of the coffin and into the air, Yu Peiyu guessed that someone was using powerful internal energy to force Tang Wushuang's body out of the coffin. But still he was feeling quite nervous and surprised too now.
    Tang Shoufang and Tang Shouqing did not want to touch the body of their teacher but had no choice to catch it, otherwise it would fall on the ground.
    A voice from the coffin said:"Tang Wushuang has come out of his coffin now, pay your respects to him."
    Everyone recognized it was the mysterious voice they heard earlier that warned Yang Rongtai.
    Five Tang disciples surrounded the coffin and one of them said:"Come out now!" All of them had taken out their Tang secretive weapons now.
    There was no response and all of five them shot out their projectiles, the special projectile techniques of the Tang Clan are unmatched in the world.
    The speed, accuracy were incredible and it seemed that the projectiles could manoeuvre themselves in mid-air.
    The voice laughed and the projectiles changed course and flew back towards the Tang disciples.
    The speed and accuracy was ten times better than the Tang disciples shot out.
    The disciples used their right arms to cover their faces and their left palms to block their chests.
    The leapt backwards and the projectiles landed a few centimetres away from them. Still some projectiles hit them on the shoulders and arms, they quickly took out a bottle and swallowed the antidote. They immediately sat down and did not move again. These disciples very well knew the lethalness of the Tang poison, so the quickly shielded their faces and chests. If the poison entered the body via the chest even with antidote one would die. If you're hit in the face one could survive by cutting off the flesh which has infected. However the pain is unimaginable.
    Now Tang Shoufang and Tang Shouqing have caught the body and put it down, they now slowly moved towards the coffin. Their martial arts were much higher than the other disciples and they were more vigilant. But suddenly the coffin was split into two halves and each halve flew towards the two of them with incredible speed.
    The wooden parts came crashing down on them with incredible force and speed, they did not dare to use their hands to block it and jumped backwards with a few steps but the wooden boards was still flying towards and they had no choice but to roll aside to avoid that blow. The wooden boards hit the wall and it completely shattered. The debris hit some of the guests here and there, they all called out in pain.
    Everyone was shocked by this person's incredible martial arts, now everyone noticed a young man in a green robe was standing next to Tang Wushuang's body.

He was smiling and seemed to be indifferent that he was completely surrounded by the Tang disciples at this moment. Only Zhu Lei'Er and Yu Peiyu recognized this young man and the rest of the people were amazed to see a young lad like him to have such extraordinary martial arts.
    It was Yang Zijiang. He was finally here, all the disciples were waiting for one order and they would attack this arrogant man.
    Tang Qi shouted:"Stay calm everyone!"
    All the disciples obeyed her command and backed away a bit from Yang Zijiang.
    Tang Qi has more or less assumed actual command of the Tang Clan when Tang Wushuang retired years ago. With Tang Wushuang actually dead now, they now see Tang Qi as the actual leader of the Tang Clan.
    Tang Qi looked at Yang Zijiang coldly and said:"Judging by your martial arts you must be a pupil of an esteemed martial arts expert. However what is the reason for creating chaos here, in our eyes your actions are regarded as a humiliation towards us. Are your actions now also one of your teachings your master taught you?"
    Her words were very fitting, she deliberately mentioned the teacher of Yang Zijiang. By this she more or less made sure that Yang Zijiang's words would affect him and his teacher, by this Yang Zijiang could not spout nonsense.
    Yang Zijiang looked at Tang Qi for a moment before saying:"No wonder people say that Miss Tang Qi is a fierce woman. A true shrew......."
    He was yawning after he was done and looked around and said:"My name is Yang Zijiang, I am not a disciple of any famous orthodox school. Nor do I belong to any prominent Wulin family. I would not dare to be rude against old master Tang but I am here to address the grievance of old master Tang."
    Everyone saw the trouble he went through to open the coffin and when everybody heard him say [grievance]. They started to believe his story.
    Tang Qi slowly lost her patience and scoffed:"So Wei Senling was instructed by you to create a scene, therefore you could have sneaked up at my father's coffin and opened it."
    Yang Zijiang said indifferently:"I am willing to do anything if it means I can address the grievance of old master Tang."
    Tang Qi said sternly:"My father died of natural causes, even if my father had any unsolved matters. We as their sons, daughters and pupils will take care of it personally."
    Yang Zijiang said:"Really? You really can take care of it personally?"
    Tang Qi said:"Of course!"
    Yang Zijiang said:"Very well! Let us see how old master Tang died and......"
    He pulled up Tang Wushuang's body at the same time.
    Tang Qi yelled:"How dare you! Do not touch the body of my father."
    She knew that Yang Zijiang's martial arts were very high and it was also the reason why she did not order an attack on him yet. But now she had no choice but to attack. Her two hands formed a pair of claws and she aimed for his throat and eyes. A most lethal stance.
    Both Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er knew she wasn't his match and were worried for her.
    Tang Shoufang and Tang Shouqing followed her example and attacked too now, Yang Zijiang smiled:"Is that the best the Tang disciples can do?"
    He twirled around and used the body of Tang Wushuang as a shield. The three of them couldn't use their stances on the body of Tang Wushuang and retreated back.
    Tang Shoufang angrilly shouted:"Let go of the body of our late teacher and we will spare you!"
    Yang Zijiang laughed:"I couldn't die anyway, so you don't need to spare me."
    He started to remove the clothes of Tang Wushuang's body, Tang Qi turned pale and yelled:"No matter what! I will kill you first!"
    She did not care for her own safety anymore and attacked with everything she had.
    Yang Zijiang shouted:"Everyone can see for yourself! The Tang Clan are trying to cover up the real cause of old master Tang's death."
    All of the guests were confused and even some of the Tang disciples were hesitant now. Tang Shoufang and Tang Shouqing exchanged looks and did not join the attack on Yang Zijiang with Tang Qi.
    Some guests even urged:"Miss Tang, please let him examine the body of old master Tang. That way all of us will feel secure."
    At this point Tang Qi had already attacked almost with forty stances but she couldn't touch a corner of Yang Zijiang's robe. Even now she knew that Yang Zijiang was a formidable expert and she was no match for him.
    She stopped her attack and tears were flowing from her eyes, she sobbed:"Even you say that now....If I continue it will only make us more suspicious....but.....but....my late father's body cannot be tarnished by....a rogue.....like this...."
    She was crying loudly and almost fainted with anger and sorrow, Li Peiling and Tang Lin quickly helped her up.
    Tang Shoufang said sternly:"Yang Zijiang, you can examine all you want but if you cannot discover anything.....All the 500 disciples of the Tang Clan will be your enemy!"
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"If I cannot discover anything I will kill myself right here, there is no need to trouble all of you."
    He now looked very serious and added:"Because I know that old master Tang died at the hands of his own clan."
    Everybody was shocked when they heard this and numerous Tang disciples yelled:
    "Nonsense! Prepare to die!"
    "How dare you accuse us of such a crime!"
    "Nobody will believe those fantastic lies of yours! Show us any evidence if you have!"
    Yang Zijiang said loudly:"You want proof? This is the evidence you want to see!"
    He raised his hands and lifted Tang Wushuang's body up highly. A large number of Tang disciples now stormed towards him and Yang Zijiang held Tang's body with one arm and leapt up high and was sitting on a beam high above everyone else.

The Tang disciples could not use their secretive weapons, they were afraid they might hit the body of Tang Wushuang.
    Some disciples leapt up too but were forced down by Yang Zijiang's powerful palm energy.
    Yang Zijiang shouted:"Old master Tang was killed by a Tang projectile and was found dead in his own home. So the killer is obviously a Tang disciple!"
    The Tang disciples were furious but there was nothing they could except curse Yang Zijiang for his lies.
    Yang Zijiang said loudly:"I will present the evidence to you, but I want a few prominent people to be a witness."
    Tang Qi composed herself again and said calmly:"Very well! I would like to ask The Celestial Monkey of Mount Su old master Yuan, Golden Sabre uncle Hu, The Stone Splitting Palmsuncle Yang and young master Yu Peiyu to be the witnesses."
    Yu Peiyu was surprised to hear his name being mentioned, Zhu Lei'Er pulled his sleeve and whispered with happiness:"Haven't you realised that you're a famous martial arts expert nowadays."
    The old man with the long white beard, who ignored Yu Peiyu earlier, now stood up and walked over to Yu Peiyu and said respectfully:"So you're the famous young master Yu. Even master Nu has only praise of you, please forgive me for being rude earlier."
    News travels fast in Wulin, something which only happened less than one month ago has now reached the ears of many. Those arrogant men like Yang Rongtai and Hu Yi now carefully observed Yu Peiyu and thought: Is this exceptionally handsome young man was responsible for so many spectacular deeds recently?
    Yu Peiyu was shocked and modestly said:"I do not deserve such fame, sir."
    The old man said:"My name is Yuan Gongming of Mount Su, I hope young master Yu can give me some pointers and advice in the future."
    Yu Peiyu repeated several times modestly:"Please do not say such a thing, old sir. I wouldn't dream of doing that. I should come by at your residence some time and listen to your teachings."
    The rest of the guests and Tang disciples made some room for the people in question.
    Tang Qi asked:"Do you agree with these four witnesses?"
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"Even if I don't agree with the other three, I truly believe in young master Yu Peiyu. I have heard that Yu Peiyu is a famous honest gentleman for a long time, it is my pleasure to finally to meet you."
    He gently came down and smiled friendly towards Yu Peiyu, Yu Peiyu wondered why Yang Zijiang was so friendly towards him. It made Yu Peiyu even more vigilant towards Yang Zijiang.
    Yang Zijiang put the body down and said:"Take a look at the wound of old master Tang."
    He removed an oil plaster from Tang Wushuang's chest. The plaster was covered with a thick layer of make-up and was not easily detected.
    Yang Zijiang rubbed away the layer of make-up and revealed a blackish purple wound and he added:"Look what I am holding in my hand." He opened his palm and there was a metalic shaped flower shaped object, the famous Tang projectile: The poisoned spiked bludgeon. This is one of the most original secretive weapons of the Tang Clan. Everyone recognized it and now stayed quiet and looked very serious.
    Tang Shoufang angrilly shouted:"Where did you get that spiked bludgeon?"
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"Your fellow martial arts brothers shot 28 spiked bludgeons towards. I repelled 27 and kept only one. If you do not believe me count them if you please."
    Tang Shoufang's face looked awfully pale and kept quiet.
    Yang Zijiang placed the spiked bludgeon on the wound of Tang Wushuang's body, it was a perfect match.
    Yang Zijiang said:"Old master Tang was killed by his own weapon, you can see for yourselves now."
    When they saw the colour of the wound they already knew Tang Wushuang was killed by a Tang secretive weapon, every type of poison has a different effect.

For instance, The crane's red dot causes one to bleed from his eyes, ears, nose and mouth before he dies. The silver moss causes one to have convulsions before dying, the silver kiss will make one's body as hard as rock before one dies. The seven steps grass will make your body rot away slowly before you die with extreme pain, the bite of the spotted serpent will make your body break out in red spots.
    The poison of the Tang Clan will colour one's body to a deep, dark purple.
    Yang Zijiang scoffed:"Old master Tang died in his own manor, he was ambushed with a Tang projectile. It is obvious that a Tang disciple is responsible for this."

Yang Zijiang looked at Yuan Gongming and said:"You tell me."
    Yuan Gongming looked pale but did not speak.
    Yang Zijiang coldly said:"I knew you are sly old fox, but will never be able or have the courage to become an evil man."
    He now turned to Hu Yi and said coldly:"Normally you compare yourself with heroes from the Warring States Period like Zhu Hai and Han dynasty hero like Guo Jie. Aren't you going to say something?"
    Hu Yi's face turned red out of embarrassement and said:"Perhaps someone...someone stole a Tang spiked bludgeon and used it to kill old master Tang."
    Yang Zijiang scoffed:"If that is the case why wouldn't the Tang Clan publicly announce that, but instead they said that Tang Wushuang died of old age."
    Hu Yi kept quiet.
    Everyone was convinced that Tang Wushuang died at the hands of a Tang disciple. All of them looked serious now especially the people from the Tang Clan looked most angry and serious now.
    Yang Zijiang looked at Yu Peiyu for a moment but soon he turned to Tang Shoufang:"Normally you're a righteous and honest man, how about today?"
    Tang Shoufang gritted his teeth and everyone saw that there was blood dripping from the corners of his mouth. He gritted so hard with anger that he actually grinded a few of his teeth.
    Tang Shouqing coughed dryly first and sighed:"It is most unfortunate that this happened. We would like to thank you for pointing out this terrible crime, the entire Tang Clan owes you. But how did you know that our late teacher died under suspicious circumstances?"
    His talking skills were as formidable as Tang Qi, he sounded very friendly but in fact there was a lot hate and anger hidden in his words.
    Translation of his words would be:"Our teacher did not die because of natural causes, nobody knew this. How do you know this? Are you connected to this crime in some way?"
    Everyone now (un)intentionally looked at Yang Zijiang and suspected him to be involved somehow.
    Yang Zijiang said casually:"Well, there are no secrets that can be hidden from men. Besides I parted with old master Tang three days ago. He was in excellent condition when I saw him, that is why I became suspicious. How can someone die JUST LIKE THAT in two days.....most strange, wouldn't you agree?"
    Yang Zijiang emphasized the words [just like that]. When he noticed his words made an impact on the people he added:"Although I just met old master Tang recently I cannot allow him to die under strange circumstances. Wouldn't everybody here do the same thing?"

His words sounded most righteous and there were no flaws in his reasoning.
    Tang Shouqing sighed deeply:"I am most impressed by your deductive skills, all of us are grateful for your help so far. However there are more than 500 adult Tang disciples and only about 130 people are trained in using the spiked bludgeon. It will be most difficult to find out who the killer is, I hope you trust us to deal with this affair internally. We will give you a satisfying answer when this is over and find a way to repay your kindness."
    Yang Zijiang sneered:"Initially affairs of the Tang Clan should not be questioned by outsiders, but now......I think your words mean little to us at the moment."
    Tang Shouqing said:"I can guarantee you......"
    Yang Zijiang interrupted him:"Guarantee? Did old master Tang die in his private quarters?"
    Tang Shouqing stuttered:"This....this...."
    Yang Zijiang said:"If he didn't die in his private quarters, all of you would have known how he really died. I wouldn't be standing here wasting my breath now."
    Tang Shouqing had no choice but to say:"Indeed, our late teacher did die in his own private quarters."
    Yang Zijiang said:"Let me ask you another question: Of those 130 people how many can enter his private quarters casually?"
    Tang Shouqing was silenced now, everyone knew that this Yang Zijiang was not only a powerful martial artist but also a skilled orator.
    All the Tang disciples lowered their heads, nobody dared to look at Tang Qi. Because they were afraid to look at her, by doing so they now revealed she and only a few other Tang female members could enter the private quarters of Tang Wushuang casually. But they felt that this was a total embarrassement and did not want outsiders to know about it.
    With the exception of the Tang disciples, everyone now looked at Tang Qi with a strange look. Not many people can endure such a look.

End of chapter 31
    Last edited by Athena; 08-23-03 at 05:42 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)