Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

Default YEA!!!

Wow, thanks for the huge update.
    Unexpected presents are the best

Cool

Dr. Goofy's suggestion:
    Yu should walk there and rip the corpse's mask to expose the fake Tang thus destroy Yang's plan.

My guess is that someone in the family was wise to the fake Tang's identity and decided to eliminate him.

Athena, leaving in peace is better than in bitterness. I hope you will come back again soon. Please don't angst with the rest of forum just b/c of one person. Lots of hugs and kisses to you.

Love,
    Dr. Goofy without Miss Athena.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Originally posted by Goofy
    Dr. Goofy's suggestion:
    Yu should walk there and rip the corpse's mask to expose the fake Tang thus destroy Yang's plan.

My guess is that someone in the family was wise to the fake Tang's identity and decided to eliminate him.

Athena, leaving in peace is better than in bitterness. I hope you will come back again soon. Please don't angst with the rest of forum just b/c of one person. Lots of hugs and kisses to you.

Love,
    Dr. Goofy without Miss Athena.
    They chose him because he looks like Tang in the first place so there might not be a mask to pull off... then again, it didn't say how MUCH they looked alike... so I donno

and yes, I too hope Athena will return to us soon

Post Delete

Problem with Delete.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-23-03 at 03:40 AM.

Thumbs up Thx Athena! and take care!

Hiya gys,
    Welcome back, Athena! Been missing TSATE lately, so thx you very much for a another update. Luckily today's Friday or Saturday and I get to finish this. I smell a battle coming and the odds are definitely against Yu Peiyu. But, it doesnt matter, becuz Peiyu will finally kick some rumps.
    -
    -
    -
    To Athena:
    quote: Location: Somewhere in this world being angry!
    --- Dont be angry Athena, else you'll get that constipated look that someone says Li YaPeng had throughout LOCH2003. j/k [Sorry, cracked me up when I read that in the Jin Yong Forum. ] Hope you cheer up.
    It would be a shame that the dynamic duo: Inspector Athena and Dr. Goofy breaks up.
    -
    -
    -
    To ProtoM:
    quote: now since Athena is leaving. but just dying here....is everyone feeling what i feel?
    --- same here.
    -
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    1. Occurred to me that Yang Zijiang might have overheard ... telling Zhu Lei'Er about the true identity of Yu Peiyu.

2. Yang Zijiang just said he was a nobody, and he said encountered old Master Tang. Flawed logic.
    --- quote: Besides I parted with old master Tang three days ago. He was in excellent condition when I saw him, that is why I became suspicious. How can someone die JUST LIKE THAT in two days.....most strange, wouldn't you agree?"
    3. Masterful how Yu Fanghe and company gets rid of intellectuals within the Tang clan, so they can easily manipulate the Tang clan.
    --- quote: Yang Zijiang said:"Let me ask you another question: Of those 130 people how many can enter his private quarters casually?" [...] they now revealed she and only a few other Tang female members could enter the private quarters of Tang Wushuang casually.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-23-03 at 03:53 AM.

Thanx for the updates Athena
    We haven't seen Yu Pei defeat anyone in a while...

And when is Yu Pei going to be trap somewhere so he can learn the secret of what he found at Feng's house?
    Last edited by Demitre; 08-23-03 at 11:49 PM.

Athena,

Now that you have posted again, why not continue to post?

Haha, I like Athena's location (somewhere in this world being angry!)

time will heal everything. so in time she might be back
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

Yang Zijiang like an ancient Sherloc Holmes I wonder though, is the real or fake Tang Wushang... **ponder**

and Yu Peiyu getting famous now...

goody x2... waiting eagerly for the next update.

Thanks Athena.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Doesn't it seems funny that a total outsider like Yang Zijiang would be the one prosecuting the Tang Clan? Other wulin ppl might not accept what he said or claim.

Q: Regarding hidden weapons, the Peacock Dart has been said to be superior to the Tang Clan's weapons. But how does it works? Watching an old Shaw borther's movie, it said about it emiting a flashes of lights that caould not be defeated within a radius of 50 feets, so is it like a hand bomb?

Hi,

Joined the forum just to show my appreciation to Athena, for her translation efforts. Hopefully she will re-consider her decision. There are probably a lot of people reading the translations but not actively participating in this forum.

Anyways, a big thank you to Athena, whatever your decision is.

Originally posted by Han Solo
    Doesn't it seems funny that a total outsider like Yang Zijiang would be the one prosecuting the Tang Clan? Other wulin ppl might not accept what he said or claim.

Q: Regarding hidden weapons, the Peacock Dart has been said to be superior to the Tang Clan's weapons. But how does it works? Watching an old Shaw borther's movie, it said about it emiting a flashes of lights that caould not be defeated within a radius of 50 feets, so is it like a hand bomb?
    The Peacock Feather is arguably the single most powerful secretive weapon in the GL universe, it's reputation alone was enough to protect the Peacock Manor for centuries. I think the last thing you see is a mesmerizing cascade of light, like a peacock spreading it's plume, and then you're dead.

Originally posted by TigerWong
    The Peacock Feather is arguably the single most powerful secretive weapon in the GL universe, it's reputation alone was enough to protect the Peacock Manor for centuries. I think the last thing you see is a mesmerizing cascade of light, like a peacock spreading it's plume, and then you're dead.
    How does it works then? Ray of light is rather sci-fi like with evocation of the idea of laser.

Default Thanks Athena

Thanks again for the translation. I really am enjoying this story.

I read that you're leaving, why? I haven't seen anything offensive to you on this thread?

I know you have your reasons but Im sure if people knew exactly what the problem is/was, there is bound to be AT LEAST ONE PERSON that could help you. Just my 2. Thanks again.

Default Re: Thanks Athena

Originally posted by GoldenArm
    Thanks again for the translation. I really am enjoying this story.

I read that you're leaving, why? I haven't seen anything offensive to you on this thread?

I know you have your reasons but Im sure if people knew exactly what the problem is/was, there is bound to be AT LEAST ONE PERSON that could help you. Just my 2. Thanks again.
    A certain poster in the Wuxia Fiction thread has gotten Athena quite irritated

thank you Athena wherever you are..
    we'll be waiting for you always...

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow I could not attach the file to e-mail again.

Chapter 32 Cataclysm From Nowhere

The normal ever so calm and intelligent Tang Qi was now being suspected of killing her own father.
    She was trembling with anger and sorrow now, she did not know what to say now.
    Suddenly one of the guests yelled:"In other words you're saying that one of his own daughters killed old master Tang?"
    This person sounded like he was defending Tang Qi, but in fact he himself has said the words and thoughts of everyone else. Which made Tang Qi even more suspicous.
    Yang Zijiang scoffed:"Men and women are both capable of doing anything when it comes to power."
    Another guest shouted:"So you think that Miss Tang Qi killed her father so she could be leader of the Tang Clan. Nobody will believe your lies!"
    This person was not helping at all, he should have stayed quiet. With his words he only convinced more and more people that Tang Qi really did kill her father because of power within the Tang Clan.
    Yang Zijiang scoffed:"If she wasn't involved why would she not agree to my suggestion to examine the body of old master Tang. Furthermore wouldn't she have noticed how old master Tang died when she found her father's body."
    A lot of guests exclaimed with surprise and even Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er were beginning to believe the story of Yang Zijiang.
    Yu Peiyu thought:If Tang Qi really killed her father because of a power struggle, that would be truly be a funny twist of fate. Because this imposter was partly responsible for the death of her real father, so she kind of avenged her father now.
    Yang Zijiang looked at Tang Qi with his sharp eyes and said sternly:"What do you have to say now, Miss Tang?"
    Tang Qi said calmly:"You really want me to tell the truth?"
    Yang Zijiang scoffed:"Will you tell the truth?"
    Tang Qi said sternly now:"I will tell you the truth, all of you will know it now."
    She took a deep breath and was about to speak now.
    "Stop, I will tell them what happened!" The speaker was Tang Lin, this normally very shy girl who hardly spoke at all was now about to tell everyone how her "father" really died.
    Even Yu Peiyu was a bit shocked to hear her now.
    Tang Qi looked at her sister with surprise and said:"You......"
    Tang Lin interrupted her with a serious face:"When our father passed away only I was present. It is best that I would tell everyone what happened."
    Yang Zijiang too was a bit surprised and asked:"You?"
    Tang Lin nodded and said:"Yes, me."
    Yang Zijiang frowned and asked:"Are you responsible for the death of old master Tang?" He was really surprised, this was something he did not count on Tang Lin killing Tang Wushuang. Tang Lin had no motive at all.
    Li Peiling gently held Tang Lin's hand and said softly:"You must be overwhelmed by sorrow now. Stay aside we will deal with this our way."
    Tang Lin said resolutely:"I'm not overwhelmed by sorrow at all, if I do not tell the truth eldest sister will be wrongfully accused."
    Tang Qi looked at her little sister with surprise and gratitude.
    Tang Lin started to tell:"That night when everyone was asleep, I remembered that I had to ask my father something. So I went to his room."
    Yang Zijiang asked:"What was it that you wanted to talk to your father about?"
    Tang Lin said coldly:"That is a private matter, do you wish to know the personal affairs of other people too?"
    Yang Zijiang smiled and remained silent now.
    Tang Lin continued:"However when I reached my father's room I heard him talking to someone else. I was quite surprised to see my father receiving guests this late. Furthermore if there were guests we should also be informed, so I figured this guest was an unwelcome guest."
    Yang Zijiang said coldly:"The Tang Manor is well guarded, it is not easy for someone to sneak into the private quarters of old master Tang."
    Tang Lin said:"It is practically impossible to sneak inside."
    Yang Zijiang said:"How did this "guest" enter?"
    Tang Lin said:"There is a secret tunnel from outside the manor leading to my father's quarters. It seems that this guest has arranged to meet my father and my father received him via the tunnel."
    When she even told everyone about the secret passage in her father's quarters, people were beginning to believe what she had to say.
    Tang Lin said:"I thought it would be impolite to eavesdrop but I did not just want to leave like that because I wanted to talk to my father urgently. While I was hesitating I heard my father saying loudly:[Although you and I are close friends I cannot lend you the secretive weaponry of my clan! That is against my clan's ancient directives!"
    Yang Zijiang commented:"This person is very bold and arrogant, how dare he try to borrow Tang secretive weapons from old master Tang."
    Tang Lin said:"At that moment I thought this person was too arrogant and my father had denied his request. However he tried again to persuade my father to lend him a few Tang weapons."
    Yang Zijiang asked:"What did he say?"
    Tang Lin said:"That man said[This matter is very serious, if I succeed you and your clan will benefit from it too. If you're not willing to join me personally, at least lend me a few of your Tang weapons.]"
    Yang Zijiang asked:"Was old master Tang convinced by him?"
    Tang Lin said:"No, my father had to uphold the regulations set by our ancestors."
    Yang Zijiang said:"So old master Tang did not give him the weapons he wanted, so he isn't the killer."
    Tang Lin said:"That man continued to persuade my father, I was afraid my father would not say no in the end. So I entered my father's room with the hope that he would leave my father alone."
    Yang Zijiang asked:"Did that man see you?"
    Tang Lin said coldly:"Of course he did, he isn't blind. He was a bit surprised to see me but he continued to persuade my father."
    Yang Zijiang asked:"Does he recognize you?"
    Tang Lin nodded and said sadly:"Because he knows me, he knew I wouldn't be too protective. So he managed to steal a spiked bludgeon from my pouch."
    Yang Zijiang scoffed:"So this man is also a skilled thief......"
    Tang Lin sighed:"He was very fast, even my father did not see his move."
    Yang Zijiang stared at her with his stern eyes and said loudly:"Why are you carrying your projectiles in your own home? You even had them on your body when you went to your father's room! Why?"
    Tang Lin said:"Tang disciples are supposed to carry their weapons even when they're asleep."
    Yang Zijiang asked coldly:"Is that another ancient Tang regulation?"
    Tang Lin replied:"Yes, indeed."
    Yang Zijiang said:"So he used that stolen spiked bludgeon to kill your father?"
    Tang Lin said sadly:"When my father saw him out through the secret tunnel, he suddenly turned around to make an about to leave gesture. However he patted with his left hand on my father's chest, concealed in his left palm was the spiked bludgeon. Neither my father and I suspected a thing."
    Everyone now believed about 70 per cent of her story. Although some of the pieces of the puzzle were not entirely in place yet, but she had something to do with her father's death.
    Yang Zijiang sighed deeply:"In other words you were present when that man killed old master Tang."
    Tang Lin said:"Yes, I was."
    Yang Zijiang said sternly now:"Why didn't you say a thing earlier! Why did you wait till now!"
    Tang Lin lowered her head and said sadly:"Because....because he was my fiance. My father has betrothed me to him."
    Everyone was surprised by this and some people even called out with surprise.
    All the people looked at her with compassion, surprise and sorrow, Yu Peiyu sighed too in his heart and felt sorry for her. He did not know that it would be this complicated.
    Tang Lin was in tears now and said:"I wanted to kill him when I saw what he did, but he knelt in front of me and begged me to help him. When I saw him like that I could not bear to expose him......"
    Yang Zijiang said coldly:"Women betrothed are no longer worried about their own parents anymore. You're not the only one and shall never be the final one to betray their parents for their lover."
    Tang Lin cried:"Don't say those nasty words now! I know I deserve to die and I regret my decision. That is why I was so eager to lead the funeral to cover up for my crimes."
    Yang Zijiang said:"Are your other brothers, sisters also involved in this?"
    Tang Lin sobbed:"They know nothing about this entire incident."
    Yang Zijiang scoffed:"You're very brave, very very brave. This way only you will take the fall for this crime!"
    Tang Lin sobbed:"I will take responsibility for my own crimes."
    Yang Zijiang said:"What about your fiance? Doesn't anyone know who he is?"
    Tang Lin said:"My father arranged for this engagement in private and wanted to announce it during my 18th birthday.....but I never guessed that my father would be....gone before....."
    She started to cry loudly again.
    Yang Zijiang sternly said:"So you wish to keep protecting this man!"
    Tang Lin was sobbing sadly.
    A lot of other people were saying:
    "Tell us who that bastard is!"
    "If you don't tell us, how can you face your late father and ancestors, Miss Tang."
    Tang Lin now looked up and looked very determined. She gritted her teeth and pointed to a man and said:"It is him!"
    Nobody in this world would have thought she would point at Yu Peiyu.
    Yu Peiyu himself was completely dumbfounded, he thought Tang Lin was pointing at the person standing behind him and turned around to look.
    However Tang Lin added:"It is him, Yu Peiyu!"
    All the Tang disciples roared angrilly and surrounded Yu Peiyu now, they would love to tear Yu Peiyu apart right now.
    Yu Peiyu went through a lot in these months, he has been wrongfully accused several times for being mad, killing his teacher, etc.
    But still he was too shocked by this sudden twist of fate, he did not even know what to say in his own defense.
    Now the guests started to curse and swear too. Some were saying the following:
    "So this fellow is responsible for the death of old master Tang! He has a lot of nerves to show himself here!"
    "He looks like a distinguished young gentleman, I never thought he would be such a despicable vile fiend!"
    "He looks very charming and handsome, it is not surprising that Miss Tang fell for him and is so much in love with him."
    Zhu Lei'Er was also too shocked to say anything, however she quickly composed herself when she heard those people cursing Yu Peiyu. She came to his defense and yelled:"It is not him! You are all wrong!"
    She pushed aside the people surrounding Yu Peiyu and tightly clung on to his arm and yelled:"He wouldn't do something like this! Besides two days ago he was with me, we're miles away from the Tang Manor. He couldn't have come here at all!"
    Tang Shoufang sternly asked:"What is your relationship to this man?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said loudly:"I am his wife!"
    Tang Shouqing sighed:"Miss, I think you too are deceived by him. He is probably just using you."
    Zhu Lei'Er shouted:"Why....why don't you believe me? Why do have to wrongfully accuse him!"
    Tang Shouqing sighed:"He is not worth it Miss. He will betray you too sooner or later."
    Zhu Lei'Er yelled:"Who did he deceive? Tell me!"
    Tang Shoufang angrilly said:"He was to supposed to be son-in-law of our clan, but he still has an affair with you. Such a despicable monster! How dare you speak on his behalf!"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"He was never supposed be any son-in-law of your clan!"
    Tang Shouqing asked:"How do you know?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Ever since I met him, I have been around him and have never left his side."
    Tang Shouqing asked sharply:"How long have you known him?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I......"
    She did not know what to say now, because she only knew Yu Peiyu for about a month. She did not know what he did before she knew him and Yu Peiyu had never told her much about himself. She was now not even sure if Yu Peiyu was his real name. Tang Shouqing noticed the change on her face and said
    softly:"Miss, this doesn't concern you, stand aside please."
    Zhu Lei'Er woke up from her thoughts and said:"What...what are you going to do?"
    The Tang disciples looked very serious now, nobody answered her question but it was obvious they were about to attack at any moment. They had already taken out their most lethal secretive weapons, nothing would make them happier than to kill the murderer of their teacher. They had Yu Peiyu surrounded.
    Yu Peiyu sighed and told Zhu Lei'Er:"This doesn't concern you, go over there."
    He knew it was impossible to escape from the Tang Manor now, he did not want to see Zhu Lei'Er getting hurt over him. Furthermore he too noticed the change in Zhu Lei'Er, he felt that she too began to question him.
    Zhu Lei'Er said resolutely:"No matter what, I don't believe that you are involved in this!"
    Yu Peiyu smiled wryly:"It doesn't matter whether you believe me or not, they believe I killed Tang Wushuang and they will not believe your words."
    He looked up and sighed deeply:"Even if they are others who believe me, will they really come out and speak on my behalf."
    Zhu Lei'Er broke out in tears, Tang Lin pushed aside everyone and walked up to Yu Peiyu.
    She said:"Yu Peiyu, please forgive me. I....I did not want it to end like this either."
    Yu Peiyu smiled tragically to her:"Good! Very good!"
    Tang Lin sobbed:"When you die I don't want to live either....."
    Zhu Lei'Er was furious when she saw and heard Tang Lin, she angrilly shouted:"You, despicable woman! You're responsible for all of this! How dare you say such things to him now!"
    She flew up and raised her palm to strike Tang Lin down.
    Tang Lin did not defend or avoid, she just stood there and said:"Very well! Let us all die together today!"
    Zhu Lei'Er could instantly seize her throat, Tang Shouqing wanted to intervene but was by Tang Shoufang. He said earnestly:"She is shame to the family, let her die! Do you wish to save her!"
    Tang Shouqing looked at Tang Lin for a moment and when he saw her pale face, he did not want to intervene anymore.
    Most of the guests were scolding to:
    "Yu Peiyu, if you have any shame you would kill yourself on the spot!"
    "Tang brothers, what are you waiting for!"
    "We want to see the blood of this ruthless killer flow!"
    Yu Peiyu stayed quiet, because he realised that these people were blinded by hate and were beyond reasoning.

Suddenly a young clear voice outvoiced all these people:"Yu Peiyu, Yu Peiyu! What kind of misfortune do you keep encountering? Somehow you managed to become the killer of Tang Wushuang, it is best that you die at my hands that way you will be spared the humiliation."
    It was Yang Zijiang who was sitting on a roofbeam again drinking wine and eating an apple.
    Tang Shoufang sternly said:"What do you mean? Yu Peiyu is responsible for the death of our teacher!"
    Yang Zijiang scoffed:"Really? Where is the evidence? Who saw him actually kill old master Tang?"
    Tang Shoufang said:"You heard the words of third Miss Tang too."
    Yang Zijiang shook his head and sighed:"Just because of the testimony of one girl, you are passing verdict on someone....I think you're being too rash."
    Tang Shoufang angrilly yelled:"Are you saying that Tang Lin is lying?"
    Some of the other guests are shouting:"Miss Tang has no reasons to lie!"
    Yang Zijiang said:"Besides bringing doom over Yu Peiyu she also brought doom over herself. I don't know why she is lying but I AM SURE SHE IS LYING!"
    Tang Shoufang asked angrilly:"How do you know? Why do you believe this Yu Peiyu is innocent!"
    Yang Zijiang said:"Because I know he was miles away from the Tang Manor when Tang Wushuang was murdered."
    Tang Shouqing sneered:"Why should we believe you?"
    Yang Zijiang sighed:"I know I cannot convince all of you. I will stay quiet now."
    Suddenly there was a loud Crack and the beam broke into two halves and a large part of the roof came toppling down on the people below.
    Everyone started to panick and people were pushing to get out of harm's way, people were inferior martial arts were pushed down on the floor and yelled in pain.
    Experts like Tang Shoufang, Tang Shouqing and others were also trying their best to avoid being hit by bricks and wooden beams. They covered their heads and try to get to a safer place. However a wooden beam landed on Tang Shoufang's leg and broke it, he broke out in a cold sweat because of the pain. Still he managed to yell:"Don't let Yu Peiyu get away! Block the
    doors!"
    But everyone in the hall was in a frantic state and did not listen or hear Tang Shoufang.
    Tang Shoufang added:"Search the entire manor! Don't let him escape!"
    A group of lightly injured disciples rushed to the doors to pursue, but suddenly a shower of bricks knocked them out of the way.
    They heard Yang Zijiang laughing on another beam:"Pursue? Who are you pursueing? If you keep doubting my words I will have to tear down the entire Tang Manor."
    In the commotion, Yu Peiyu heard Yang Zijiang saying softly to him:"I will deal with this lot here, storm your way out of here. Someone will receive you when you have left the Tang Manor....."
    Before he could finish, Yu Peiyu had already picked up the unconscious Tang Lin and pulled Zhu Lei'Er along.
    Yu Peiyu stormed outside the hall and some of the people who heard the commotion wanted to go inside and have a look. But they bumped into Yu Peiyu and fell down, Yu Peiyu stormed outside with incredible speed and accidentally knocked down tables and doors. The people outside were also panicking now, most of these people here were not Wulin people. They were just people who live near the Tang Manor, ordinary people who come here with their families for a free meal. But things did not turn out as they expected, people were pushed over and lightly injured.
    Women were screaming, children were crying.

Fortunately Yu Peiyu was an extremely calm person and after all those inhuman trials he was even more adaptive in chaotic situations.
    Yu Peiyu pulled Zhu Lei'Er to a small alley in the Tang City.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Why aren't we going outside the Tang Manor?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"That Yang Zijiang's words are still questionable, although he saved us but we should still not entirely trust him."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I agree. I have no clue as why he saved us instead of killing us in the commotion earlier."
    Yu Peiyu lead Zhu Lei'Er to a rather remote place of the Tang City, Zhu Lei'Er asked:"What is this place?" She saw a lot of rooms and chambers around but nobody could be seen right now.
    Yu Peiyu answered:"These are the private quarters of the Tang disciples."
    Zhu Lei'Er was surprised and shocked:"We should keep a distance between us and the Tang Manor. What are we doing here? Haven't we had enough trouble because of the Tang disciples?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"This is the only way we can take now."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Of course! Now everyone will be searching for us outside, they won't think we will be here."
    Before Yu Peiyu could answer, they heard a voice from behind:"Don't move! Do you really think you can escape!"
    A group of ten odd young men lead by Tang Shoufang were here, Tang Shoufang was crippling but he was a tough man and did not want people to see he was injured.
    Zhu Lei'Er angrilly shouted:"You again!?! Why do keep following us around!"
    Tang Shoufang did not know he would find Yu Peiyu here, because the main doors were blocked by Yang Zijiang he had to take a different route. It was pure coincidence to find Yu Peiyu here.
    Sometimes one tries to move mountains and seas to find somebody or something but in the end it is all in vain. However sometimes one will meet or encounter that person or object one has been looking for in the places one least expect.
    When Tang Shoufang and those disciples heard Zhu Lei'Er they quickly scattered themselves around Zhu Lei'Er and Yu Peiyu. They were ready to engage the enemies.
    But they were afraid that they might injure Tang Lin so they did not attack yet. Zhu Lei'Er understood that and put her palm on Tang Lin's head and smiled:"We are not responsible for the death of old Mr. Tang Wushuang, there are no grudges between us and the Tang Clan. Let us go and we will return Miss Tang to you, what do you say?" Zhu Lei'Er felt that her words were very appropriate and even Wulin seniors could not say it better than her, which was true.
    But Tang Shoufang did not reply to her, in fact he just ignored her words. He just sayed sternly:"Virulent Sand!"
    The Virulent Sand of the Tang Clan was the most aggressive venoms they had. It could not travel very far but it was very suitable for engaging enemies who stood very close. When the sand was released the adversary will be shrouded in a cloud of lethal sand. If you are hit by even one grain of sand you will have to cut off your infected flesh using the method of the famous physician Hua Tuo in the Three Kingdoms Period, if not you would rot and within three days you will die horribly.
    Tang Shoufang was not called the Iron-faced Yama for nothing, amongst this group of young Tang disciples there were some who were quite fond of Tang Lin. They were hoping to save her, but when they heard the order from Tang Shoufang, they all looked worried and sad. But they did not dare to defy Tang Shoufang's order and put on their leather gloves and reached for the pouch with the virulent sand.
    They had their hands in the pouches, Yu Peiyu knew that in a matter of moments they will be surrounded by a cloud of deadly dust. Yu Peiyu immediately came to action and stormed to the left.
    Yu Peiyu saw that those two young men looked sad when they heard the order of Tang Shoufang. He took advantage of their hesitant state and hoped the three of them could escape from the lethal grains of sand. But those Tang disciples could use the virulent sand to attack in the backs, that way it will be extremely difficult to avoid that assault.
    Suddenly a voice said:"Stop right now!" It was Tang Qi.
    Li Peiling and Tang Qi rushed over, there were eight maids with martial arts following them.
    Tang Shoufang yelled:"Use the sand, don't let them escape!"
    Tang Qi shouted:"Stop!"
    Tang Shoufang ordered:"Attack!"
    Tang Qi sternly said to Tang Shoufang:"Shoufang, do you really want to kill third sister too?"
    The Tang disciples were in a state of confusion and did not know what to do, by this time Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er were long gone.
    Tang Shoufang said in an annoyed tone:"Second Miss, if you continue to let emotions guide you.....the entire clan will be ruined at your hands!"
    Li Peiling suddenly said:"You don't need to concern yourselves about this affair. I promise you they won't escape, we will take care of this problem."
    Li Peiling always had a very high status in the Tang Clan, she hardly gave her opinion about any matters normally. This was the first time she actively participated into a Tang Clan affair, her opinion was respected and Tang Shoufang had no choice but to comply.
    He said:"Very well, I will leave this matter to you." He lead the other disciples to the other side and hoped to catch Yu Peiyu there. Li Peiling and Tang Qi lead the maids to pursue Yu Peiyu.
    Because Yu Peiyu was unfamiliar with the Tang Manor, he soon found himself trapped, up ahead was a mountain cliff and some old houses.
    He turned around, he did not want to fight the Tang disciples but he had no choice now.
    Tang Qi and Li Peiling stood there watching them from afar, she did not order an attack. She just made a gesture to Yu Peiyu telling him to run.
    Yu Peiyu was a bit surprised but he pulled Zhu Lei'Er along and entered one of the houses.
    It was a very nice decorated house, with a lot antique furniture. Zhu Lei'Er said:"It is strange already that Yang Zijiang would help us, but even Miss Tang Qi saved us now. What is going on here?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"There are many strange and unpredictable things in life."
    Zhu Lei'Er now coldly said:"Yes, for instance that Tang Lin would frame you. Did you expect that?"
    Yu Peiyu sighed deeply and did not answer her.
    Tang Lin was still unconscious and he put her on a chair, he was looking around and moving furniture. Zhu Lei'Er wondered what he was looking for and asked:"What is this place and what are you looking for?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"This is the study of Tang Wushuang."
    Zhu Lei'Er was a bit shocked and said:"Tang Qi gave us time to escape, what are we doing in the study of Tang Wushuang."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Looking for a way out of here."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"What do you mean?"
    Before Yu Peiyu could answer a wall suddenly opened, the secret tunnel.
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"There really is a secret passage here. Tang Lin said you came in via this tunnel, she really knows how to tell a good lie."
    Yu Peiyu just smiled wryly, he picked up Tang Lin again and entered the secret tunnel.
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"It seems that you cannot bear to leave her for moment, you really should use a rope to tie you two together."
    Yu Peiyu turned around and said sternly:"This is not the place to argue! Could you be quiet!"
    Zhu Lei'Er was stunned, tears started to flow from her eyes. Yu Peiyu had never talked to her that way before.
    After walking for some time, Yu Peiyu sighed:"We can talk now, what did you want to say earlier."
    Zhu Lei'Er kept quiet.
    Yu Peiyu said:"Miss Tang started all of this, she is also the only one who can clear my name. So I cannot let her die and have to take her along with me."
    Zhu Lei'Er still did not speak.
    Yu Peiyu said:"I know you did not harm her with your internal strenght but I think you must have used one of your poisons on her. If you understand what I mean that she is the only who can help me, please give me the antidote."
    Zhu Lei'Er was still silent, Yu Peiyu frowned and asked:"Why won't you talk?"
    Zhu Lei'Er used her finger to point at him and afterwards pointed at her own mouth.
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"You're a grown woman, why is that you still behave like a little girl."
    When she heard Yu Peiyu's words about her being a grown woman she laughed and said:"You told me to keep quiet, I'm always very obedient."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Could you please give her the antidote?"
    Zhu Lei'Er felt sad again and tears were welling up again:"Why do you keep asking me to save her? You're only concerned about her, why won't you ask whether I am allright. She uses poison too."
    Yu Peiyu said gently:"Although the Tang disciples use poison too, but....."
    Zhu Lei'Er interrupted him:"But what? I'm a woman of poison in your eyes. Everyone I touch will be poisoned, right? Why aren't you poisoned yet?"
    Yu Peiyu was a bit surprised and shocked to see her this upset and said:"When I saw that Silver Blossom slapped you she was poisoned. And when that disciple of the Heavenly Silkworm Sect pinched you he was poisoned too. So I thought....."
    Zhu Lei'Er loudly said:"But Miss Tang Lin did not slap me or pinch me, did she? If I cannot control the poison in my body, third uncle would be dead for a very long time!"
    Yu Peiyu said:"So she is not poisoned?"
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"Do you think I'm a fool? I know she is vital for the restoration of your reputation!"
    Yu Peiyu sighed and said gently:"I am most sorry. I saw that Miss Tang was still not awake so......"
    Zhu Lei'Er did not respond to him and walked to Tang Lin and said coldly:"Miss Tang, you're not only a great liar but also a great actress. If you don't wake up now I will tear the clothes of your body."
    Tang Lin immediately opened her eyes.
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at Yu Peiyu and said:"Do you understand now what is going on? She did not want to answer your questions so she pretended to be unconscious. Intelligent man, stop accusing innocent people!"
    Yu Peiyu did not retort back, he accept every word she threw at him because he felt too he deserved it.
    Zhu Lei'Er turned to Tang Lin again and scoffed:"Miss Tang, can't you walk and stand on your own now? Or do you like to be in the arms of young master Yu?"
    Tang Lin's pale face became red of embarrassement, she said softly:"You...you sealed the acupoints in my leg.....I can't walk and stand......"
    Zhu Lei'Er said calmly:"Occasionally I like to tease people too. Why is it that you are allowed to wrongfully accuse people and I not."
    Tang Lin was very angry but did not speak. Yu Peiyu put her down and unsealed her acupoints.
    Yu Peiyu sighed and asked Tang Lin:"Miss Tang, why did you frame me for the death of your father?"
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"You can accuse me, she accused you.....You're made for each other."
    Yu Peiyu was very bemused by Zhu Lei'Er, Yu Peiyu knew that he couldn't tell Zhu Lei'Er to keep quiet now. He learnt that he would better not tell woman to stay quiet again, otherwise they might nag on the matter for the rest of his life.
    Tang Lin stayed quiet this time.
    Yu Peiyu said softly:"Miss Tang, I know you have a reason to frame me. I know you're not liar, please tell me what is wrong here?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said coldly:"Because she is not a liar her words make a heavy impact on people. If she was a infamous liar would her words carry any weight?"
    Every time Yu Peiyu asked Tang Lin a question, she would stay quiet and not reply. Zhu Lei'Er would continue to give sarcastic comments.
    Yu Peiyu stayed calm and asked Tang Lin earnestly again:"I think you must have a very good reason for telling that lie. Please tell me why, I will not blame you."
    Zhu Lei'Er sneered:"Maybe her real lover killed Tang Wushuang and to cover up for her lover she implicated you."
    That sounded like a reasonable deduction.
    Yu Peiyu asked Tang Lin:"Do you know who the killer is?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said coldly:"Of course she knows, but the way you ask her she won't say a word."
    She walked in front of Tang Lin and sternly asked:"Tell me, who killed Tang Wushuang? If you don't speak I will......"
    Suddenly a voice from their backs said:"I killed Tang Wushuang."
    They saw a figure in a white long dress, but they could not see clearly how it was.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Who are you?"
    That person walked up holding a torch, when she walked closer, Yu Peiyu exclaimed with surprise:"You?"
    That person sighed:"Yes, it was me."
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"I never guessed it would be you."
    Zhu Lei'Er said coldly:"Why are you telling us this? Are you planning on silencing us?"
    That person said coldly:"If I wanted to kill you, I wouldn't have saved you earlier."
    The killer was the second daughter of Tang Wushuang, Tang Qi.
    Tang Lin sobbed:"Second sister, why did you come? I don't want to live anymore. Let me take the blame for everything."
    Tang Qi said sadly:"I know you're a good girl, you sacrificed yourself for me. And I....."
    Tang Lin cried:"I know you had to protect our clan, that is why you had to kill him."
    Zhu Lei'Er said loudly:"Both of you are honourable, but what did Yu Peiyu do to deserve this?"
    Tang Qi said deeply:"We know that we should not have dragged young master Yu into this. But this is a very delicate matter which might endanger our entire clan."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Don't we at least deserve to know the truth now?"
    Tang Qi said:"That is why I am here, I'm going to tell you the truth."
    She paused for a moment before saying:"You must be wondering why I killed my father?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"That thought did cross our minds."
    Tang Qi said:"I hope both of you could keep this secret safe."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"You still doubt Yu Peiyu now?"
    Tang Qi said:"I know that young master Yu is a true gentleman and can be trusted."
    She added:"The man I killed was not my father."
    She looked at Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er and expected them to be shocked.
    Zhu Lei'Er said calmly:"This is not a secret, we knew that already."
    Tang Qi was the one who was shocked now and asked:"How...how did you know?"
    Yu Peiyu nodded and said:"We know."
    He was never a very talkative person but with Zhu Lei'Er around now he even had less chance to speak. But he did not mind, in fact he liked to listen to her voice.
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"It is not strange that we know it, but it is most strange that you would know that this man is an imposter."
    Tang Qi smiled wryly:"This is a secret of our clan, only I knew of it. It is most strange that you would know it too."
    Zhu Lei'Er added:"We even know that this Tang Wushuang used to be an old stable-boy."
    Tang Qi repeated with surprise:"Stable-boy?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Yes, he is a lackey of Yu Fanghe. We eavesdropped on his plans in Apricot Pavillion."
    Tang Qi was totally confused now and did not know she was talking about.
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"This is a very confusing affair. But Miss Tang, most important is that Yu Fanghe is behind all of this."
    Tang Qi said with surprise:"The chancellor of Wulin? Old Mr. Yu?"
    Yu Peiyu gritted his teeth and said:"Yes."
    Tang Qi asked:"He is involved in this matter? How?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"He wants to take over control over your clan, he abducted the real old master Tang. And replaced him with an imposter who looks identical to the real old master Tang. Fortunately we discovered this plot of theirs."
    Zhu Lei'Er added:"We came here to expose this plan of theirs."
    Tang Qi was dumbfounded for a minute before she started to laugh loudly.
    Zhu Lei'Er and Yu Peiyu looked at each other and wondered why she was laughing.
    Tang Qi stopped laughing and said softly:"The net of heaven has large meshes, but it lets nothing through. All our planning has been in vain."
    Zhu Lei'Er frowned and asked:"What do you mean?"
    Tang Qi said earnestly:"To tell you the truth, my father passed away more than ten years ago."
    Yu Peiyu was shocked and called out:"Ten....ten years ago.....but that is not possible...."
    Tang Qi said:"When my father was seriously ill years ago, something terrible happened in the Wulin of Sichuan province our clan was also implicated into this matter. The only way to avoid this calamity was with the fame of our late father, our father knew that when he died chaos would erupt again. So before he died he found someone to impersonate himself."
    She smiled lightly now and continued:"My father found a distant cousin of him who looked very alike him. This distant uncle of mine was not a stable-boy and we used the art of disguise to make him look more alike. Furthermore if someone would see something different we would say that because of the illness my father's looks had changed a bit."
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"So that means the old master Tang I saw was your distant uncle."
    Yu Peiyu now understood why the Tang Wushuang he met was such a coward and lacked the grandeur of a true leader of a famous Wulin family. And he began to understand why that Tang Wushuang betrayed him.
    Tang Qi said:"That uncle of mine was never an intelligent and wise man, so before my father died he instructed me that he could never be put in charge of the Tang Clan. He could only be my puppet and if he tried to usurp the power of our clan my father...my father ordered to kill him immediately."
    She sighed:"This was my father's final wish, in order to preserve and protect my clan I had to stay single."
    Yu Peiyu felt sad for her, because it was not easy to sacrifice your own happiness for the fate of the family.
    Tang Qi said:"For all these years my uncle listened to me and never tried to to anything on his own. However this time when he returned he issued some orders on his own without my consent. Obeying my father's final wishes, I had to kill him."
    She paused before sighing:"But it is a surprise to hear that there is an imposter impersonating the fake......It seems that the Jade Emperor holds many strange surprises for us mortals."
    Zhu Lei'Er was dumbfounded too and said softly:"What an incredible secret! It is not easy to protect the fame and reputation of a Wulin family."
    Tang Qi said tragically:"Everyone just sees the glory of our clan, but they do not realise how many tears, blood there really is behind our glory."
    Tang Qi started to weep too, talking about this brought back a lot unhappy thoughts. Yu Peiyu realised that every time she was about to get married her fiances would die under mysterious ways. Was it coincidence, or is there more to that it meets the eye. Yu Peiyu shivered at the thought, he also understood that Tang Qi was a most unfortunate woman.
    Glory and a prestigious reputation were not easy to preserve, how much tears, blood and bodies were used to preserve those two concepts. Is it worth it, Yu Peiyu wondered.

Zhu Lei'Er asked sadly:"Does Tang Yue know about this?"
    Tang Qi said:"No, he doesn't."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"No wonder, he would....."
    She did not finish her sentence, Tang Yue was dead there would be no use to reveal his faults.
    Yu Peiyu looked at her and his eyes were filled with praise. She was a very kind and considerate young woman, sometimes she would say the wrong things at the wrong time. But a lot of people make that same mistake.
    Tang Qi said:"Only my uncle and I knew about this, my father felt that my other brothers and sisters were still too young to know about this, so my father decided not to tell them anything."
    Yu Peiyu sighed, he knew if Tang Yue knew about this he would not help Yu Fanghe to create another Tang Wushuang.
    That distant uncle was a mere puppet for years, he had enough of that role as a symbol. That is why he made a deal with Yu Fanghe, he wanted to boast his status in the clan. He betrayed Yu Peiyu to Yu Fanghe, but he remained loyal to the Tang Clan and did not reveal a word of this to Yu Fanghe.
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"No matter what, your uncle stayed loyal to the Tang Clan till the end."
    Tang Qi added:"Nobody knows the difficulty members of a Wulin family have to endure, the difficulty of protecting the fame established by generations of hard work."
    Zhu Lei'Er sighed:"I used to admire people from big famous Wulin families, but now....."
    She too had a burden, being the daughter of the Lady Zhu from the Palace of Enchantment was not an easy position.
    After some time Zhu Lei'Er asked:"How did third Miss Tang know about this secret?"
    Tang Qi sighed:"She only knew that night when that imposter was killed. That night she did go to the room of Tang.....Tang Wushuang. She did stop outside and did overhear a conversation between that Tang Wushuang and the killer. Needless to say that killer was I."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"When she saw you killing that Tang Wushuang, you had no choice but to tell her about that family secret."
    Tang Qi smiled wryly:"That is what happened."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"That is why I thought it was strange you wouldn't tell the truth earlier."
    Tang Qi said:"We did not know that our secret contained so many other concealed plots in it. And we did not know that our uncle was dead now and was replaced by someone else."
    Zhu Lei'Er suddenly scoffed:"But why did you need to sacrifice Yu Peiyu in order to protect the fame of your clan?"
    Tang Qi just sighed, she did not know what to say.
    Zhu Lei'Er turned to Tang Lin and said:"Third Miss Tang, there is something I would like to ask you?"
    Tang Lin had lowered her head and did not dare to face anyone.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Why did you have to implicate Yu Peiyu? You could have picked anyone else you knew? But why him?"
    Tang Lin started to cry again.
    Tang Qi sighed:"Why do you have to force her to tell the truth, I will tell you why."
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"Is it because she was acting on your instructions?"
    Tang Qi sneered:"If she acted on my orders she would not have implicated Yu Peiyu. Although he is the most handsome young man I have ever seen, but I have no interest in him at all."
    She was angered by Zhu Lei'Er attitude and retorted back in an unfriendly tone.
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled now:"Wonderful! That is exactly what I want. I want every woman in this world to treat Yu Peiyu like you treat him."
    Tang Qi looked at her and all her irritation vanished, she realised that Zhu Lei'Er was just a sweet innocent young woman who still had to mature.
    She smiled a bit before sighing:"It is because my little sister has met young master Yu once and....."
    Tang Lin raised her head and shouted with anxiety:"Sister....sister...how can you....."
    Tang Qi said gently:"There is nothing to feel embarrassed about, it is perfectly normal for a young woman to fall in love with a handsome young man."
    Tang Lin blushed now.
    Zhu Lei'Er said with a bit of indignation:"You mean she framed Yu Peiyu because she loved him. That is some way to show her affection and love for him."
    Tang Qi said:"She is deeply in love with Yu Peiyu, when she found out that he was married to you she was heartbroken. And the tragedy of our family also saddened her beyond words."
    She looked at Zhu Lei'Er and added:"Love and hate are very close to each other, the other side of love is hate. Would you not do the same thing if you were in her position?"
    Zhu Lei'Er looked sad and looked at Yu Peiyu for a moment before saying softly:"I might be even more vicious......."
    Tang Qi said:"Only young master Yu has enough power to convince those people."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Why?"
    Tang Qi said:"She was punished once before because of young master Yu. Fortunately because nothing serious happened, otherwise she would have been executed some time ago for breaking an ancient family rule."
    Now, Yu Peiyu asked:"Did she take Silver Blossom into that cave because of me?"
    Tang Qi smiled sadly:"Young master, you remember that incident. Because of that incident you should forgive her."
    Yu Peiyu looked at the weeping Tang Lin, he did not know what to say.
    Zhu Lei'Er said softly:"I would like to apologize to you, initially I hated you for what you did. But now I feel sorry for you."
    Tang Lin turned around and screamed:"I don't need your apology, I don't need your compassion. I hate you.....I hate you....."
    She wanted to run away but because her acupoints were sealed too long she still could not move and soon fell down again.
    Zhu Lei'Er bit her lip and smiled sadly:"You do not have to hate me. I tell everyone that I am his wife, but I'm just saying that to lie to myself. He only loves Miss Lin Daiyu, you and I are very much similar to each other. Much more than you think."
    Zhu Lei'Er started to weep too, Tang Qi looked at them and said softly:"What a misfortune.....what a misfortune."
    She raised her head and said coldly to Yu Peiyu:"Young master Yu, you really do know how to make young women sad, don't you?"
    Yu Peiyu stared in front of him looking pale and said softly:"I have made so many women sad and miserable......"
    He kept repeating these words over and over again to himself. But no matter how many times he would repeat it, Tang Qi will not feel sorry for him.
    Tang Qi helped Tang Lin up and said:"We have said and explained that was necessary now, you can leave now."
    She suddenly really disliked Yu Peiyu and wanted nothing do with him anymore.
    This thirty odd years old single woman especially hated heartless men, in her eyes Yu Peiyu was a heartless man.
    In her heart she knew Yu Peiyu was not to blame too, but she could not control her hate towards men. She did not hate Yu Peiyu but hate men in general.
    Zhu Lei'Er walked over to Tang Lin and asked:"Miss Tang, are you planning on telling everyone about this secret?"
    Tang Qi said:"No."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"What is the use of telling us all of this?"
    Tang Qi said:"No use at all."
    Zhu Lei'Er said anxiously:"But if you don't everyone will think that Yu Peiyu really killed old master Tang."
    Tang Qi said coldly:"Does a heartless man like him deserve your concern?"
    She turned around and walked away not looking at them again.
    Zhu Lei'Er was stunned and wanted to chase them, Yu Peiyu pulled her back and said:"Let them go."
    Zhu Lei'Er turned around and asked loudly:"Nevermind? How can you let them go like this? You like to be called a murderer for the rest of your life?"
    Yu Peiyu looked sadly and smiled:"I have been wronged of so many crimes, an extra one does not matter."
    Zhu Lei'Er stamped her feet and said angrilly:"I really don't know what is wrong with you! If people wrongfully accuse you, you're not angry or anxious at all! But when people come up for you, you act indifferently!"
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"You think I'm a heartless man too, why do you care for me at all."

End of chapter 32

End of volume IV

P.S. I thank everyone for their nice e-mails I have been receiving. However just to let you know I am suffering from an emotional imbalance that incident with my student really hit me hard emotionally. I will not return to this forum, mainly because a certain member here really kept kicking even when I explained that I was down (in the forum). His/her continued attacks on me really pushed me over the edge. I hope he/she can sleep at ease in the nights now with the thought that he/she won and I am suffering from an emotional imbalance.
    Last edited by Athena; 08-29-03 at 06:19 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Thank you Athena for all the hard work. Sorry to see you leave. Please try not to let what some insignificant fool said get you down. SMILE SMILE