Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

Originally posted by JiaMoZhi
    Maybe the other people in the cavern are remaining silent because they just don't care about Yu PeiYu and friends.

A short guy concealing his face, I might know who that is
    I think I know too.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I gues we were sorta right in assuming lookalikes

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow

Chapter 36 The Demon In The Underground Hell

Zhu Lei'Er was telling the truth, Iron Blossom almost laughed out loud but she prevented herself from laughing.
    The man with the big straw hat laughed:"Little Miss is right, when you cannot not speak that is most sad too. But eating is also a
    necessity in life. There is no poison in the food, pleas help yourselves."
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"If there is poison in the food I will be able to tell in an instant."
    There is a plate of steamed salmon Zhu Lei'Er used her chopsticks to pick a part however she was unsuccessful, she used a bit more force and the entire fish broke into pieces. It was made from wax.
    All the dishes were made from wax, Zhu Lei'Er was very bemused by this and wanted to scold the man with the hat. However she suddenly noticed Yu Peiyu looked awfully pale and Yu Peiyu said earnestly to the man with the straw hat:"I ask again, sir. What is your family name?"
    The man was holding a cup the entire time in his hand but did not really drink, he seemed to be admiring the cup in his hand and the wine in it. He seemed to be oblivious to Yu Peiyu's question.
    Zhu Lei'Er's temper was never really great and she immediately shouted:"Are you deaf!"
    During her talking she poked out her chopsticks to the man's elbow's acupoint, she wanted him to drop his cup as to embarrass him.
    But the pair of chopsticks pierced right through him and the man did not even yell in pain, [he] was made from wax too. All the other men were made from wax also.
    Zhu Lei'Er was surprised and after a moment she scoffed:"At least there is one real man here."
    But when they looked up the only living man was gone too and only the big straw hat was on the table.
    Zhu Lei'Er shivered but scoffed:"That is why these figures wear old clothes but wear big new hats."
    She now figured out that that man was playing a joke on them and dressed up these wax statues and had them wear big hats to cover their faces.
    She removed the hats of all the wax figures and saw that all of them looked most lifelike.
    Zhu Lei'Er sighed:"No matter what, this man is really talented."
    Hai Dongqing sighed too:"Even the famous sculptor Zhang of Beijing is nothing compared to this man."
    Yu Peiyu said earnestly:"His martial arts are quite high too, none of us could see where he fled to?'
    Iron Blossom said:"Are....are all these wax statues?"
    There were more than ten lifelike statues in this stone hall, they were so lifelike that it became creepy.
    Yu Peiyu asked her:"What is he doing?"
    He pointed at a wax figure, Iron Blossom answered:"He is playing the zither."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"Have you heard the zither?"
    The entire hall was silent.
    Iron Blossom said:"But why did he make all these statues and put them here."
    Zhu Lei'Er said coldly:"Perhaps he was just feeling lonely." She added with a smile:"At least wax figures are better than real men."
    Iron Blossom asked:"Why?"
    Zhu Lei'Er answered:"At least wax statues cannot attack us."
    Iron Blossom felt most uncomfortable here, but after hearing Zhu Lei'Er she was a bit reassured and was not that afraid anymore. And Zhu Lei'Er was right, wax figures cannot form a threat.
    But Yu Peiyu said earnestly:"We cannot stay here, let us leave immediately."
    He looked most troubled and was very pensive ever since he arrived in this stone hall.
    Zhu Lei'Er laughed:"Why? Real people can escape but these wax statues are harmless."
    She walked over to a wax statue and smacked a wax statue on the face.
    The wax statue was [reading] but after it got slapped it fell down and broke in little pieces.
    She smiled:"You see, after being slapped he cannot return the favour." She looked at the broken pieces of the figure and smiled:"I am so sorry, are you hurt? Let me help you up."
    She was still a small child in her heart, she never got the chance to play with dolls when she was little and she was really amused and interested in these big dolls.
    Like a child playing she helped the broken figure up and smiled softly:"Be good! Let mother see where you are hurt."
    Iron Blossom was very amused to see this, but suddenly she heard Zhu Lei'Er scream loudly and jumped away from the figure. She threw the broken figure away from her and it fell to the ground breaking it in smaller pieces.
    Yu Peiyu quickly went over to her and asked:"Everything allright?"
    Zhu Lei'Er hid behind him and pointed at the figure:"This....this figure has...has bones....."
    Iron Blossom called out with surprise:"Bones?!? How can it be?"
    But she too saw bones in the broken pieces of wax, Yu Peiyu picked up a piece of the wax statue and looked at it carefully. Suddenly his face changed and he looked like he wanted to vomit with disgust.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked with concern:"Are you allright?"
    Yu Peiyu took a deep breath and said slowly:"These are not figures of wax, but these are corpses and I think they build this secret tunnel."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked with amazment:"What do you mean?"
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"The person who ordered for the construction of this tunnel was afraid that they might reveal his tunnel to others, so when they finished the construction he killed them. And he poured hot wax over them and made them into these wax statues we see before us."
    Zhu Lei'Er got goosebumps all over and said:"No wonder these statues look so lifelike."
    Hai Dongqing sighed:"I thought it was strange that such lowly looking people would be this refined. If we would be more precise we should have seen this a long time ago."
    Zhu Lei'Er gritted her teeth and said:"At that time we did not know that there would be such an evil, maniacal madman here."
    Suddenly a voice crackled:"You're wrong, little Miss. I am not mad nor am I maniacal. I am a very friendly and benevolent man."
    Everyone heard his laughter but could not hear where it came from precisely.
    Zhu Lei'Er said angrilly:"You don't have a conscience! You betrayed your conscience a long time ago."
    The voice laughed:"I know building this tunnel was very hard for them, so when they finished I treated them to a good rest. They don't have to sweat again in their lives, without me they cannot enjoy such luxury like this. How can you say that I am evil?"
    Zhu Lei'Er cussed:"You're not fit to be called a man! You're just some disgusting, revolting sick creature!"
    She wanted to antagonize the man, so he would jump out and face them. However the man did not come out and stopped talking now.
    Zhu Lei'Er said hatefully:"This is not a very big place, let us find him in here."
    Iron Blossom said:"We should count ourselves lucky that he is leaving us alone, you want to find him?"
    Yu Peiyu turned to Hai Dongqing and smiled:"Would you mind telling us everything now? There is no point in hiding anything now."
    Hai Dongqing was taken by surprise by Yu Peiyu's remark and stuttered:"What.....what do you....you mean?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"I really do not know why you and brother Yang want to lure me here. "
    Hai Dongqing said:"What are you saying? I did not lure you anywhere. Even I do not know what this place is and I certainly do not know that madman."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Perhaps brother Hai really did not see this place before, but I think you must be acquainted with this old sir."
    Hai Dongqing said anxiously:"How should I know him? I...I...have no reasons to lie to you."
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"I too do now know why brother Hai want to lie to me. Furthermore brother Hai's tale about [Mr. Dongguo] was most convincing, I believed every word you said. But now I am beginning to doubt that story."
    Hai Dongqing said:"Why?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"This old sir places a lot value to this tunnel, he is even prepared to kill for it. These ten poor odd men are the best example. Am I right?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"Yes, exactly."
    Yu Peiyu said:"In that case, isn't it strange that the cottage above is abandoned? Won't an empty house in the middle of nowhere raise suspicion?"
    Hai Dongqing was taken by surprise and stuttered:"Maybe...maybe....it was not empty...."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Indeed the cottage was not empty, it was occupied. But where are the people?"
    Hai Dongqing answered:"Perhaps they were killed by Yang Zijiang."
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"Would brother Yang really kill inocent people for a mere empty house?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"This....."
    Yu Peiyu continued:"Furthermore the occupants were probably instructed to keep watch by this old sir, if brother Yang would kill them wouldn't he know? Would he allow brother Yang to stay?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"So brother Yu, you're saying....."
    Yu Peiyu said:"I'm just saying that brother Yang and this old sir have already met. When he told us to flee into the tunnel, it was all premeditated."
    Hai Dongqing's face turned pale and said:"Why....why didn't he tell me? Why did he do this?"
    Yu Peiyu looked at him carefully and asked:"Do you really not know, brother Hai?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"I really do not know."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"But why would you bring Miss Ji Lingfeng here?"
    Hai Dongqing asked:"What does that have to do with this?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"I thought it was strange why brother Hai would capture Ji Lingfeng. Capturing Zhong Jing and Guo Pianxian and delivering them to Madame Hai Tang, was just a ploy to win over the Baihua Association over. I couldn't figure out to whom you were going to deliver Ji Lingfeng. But now I know."
    Hai Dongqing asked:"What? What do you understand?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Brother Hai captured Ji Lingfeng for the purpose of delivering her to this old sir."
    Hai Dongqing said:"Why would I want to do that? Who is he? And why does he want Ji Lingfeng?"
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"Maybe because of these wax figures, perhaps for different reasons alltogether. I think brother Hai would be better informed about it than I."
    Hai Dongqing took a deep breath and said:"I do not know what is going on here. But I know you're mistaken, I have nothing to do with this here. If brother Yu doesn't believe me, I will......"
    Suddenly he was interrupted by two loud screams, Iron Blossom and Zhu Lei'Er screamed.
    Two wax figures grabbed hold of them.
    Zhu Lei'Er was terrified now but shrieked:"These two are not corpses, they are alive."
    Iron Blossom almost fainted with fear and could not speak anymore.
    One of the wax figures said:"If you want them alive, stay where you are!"
    When he spoke bit and pieces of the wax fell off.
    Yu Peiyu did not speak and did not move.
    Hai Dongqing asked:"What do you want?"
    That was a redundant question, even silly. But everyone in such situations is bound to say ridiculous things.
    The two figures playing chess stood up and walked over with big paces, one of them said:"Whoever moves, the two girls die!"
    Yu Peiyu sighed, before he could finish his sigh he was seized and someone sealed 17 of his acupoints.
    Zhu Lei'Er shrieked:"Why are doing this? Don't let them capture you, because of me....."
    She started weeping and did not finish her sentence.
    A voice laughed:"Little Miss, do you know understand that wax figures are not inferior to real men. And can be more dangerous than real persons."
    A old, short man with a big hat walked out, it was very strange big hat. Very out of touch with his seize and clothing making him look ridiculous. But nobody could laugh now.
    Zhu Lei'Er started cursing:"You sick old man,.........."
    She cursed him with every expletives she knew, but the old man was not angered in fact he was pleased and amused by her.
    And when Zhu Lei'Er stopped cursing he smiled:"Little Miss, you're good at crying and cursing. I like girls like you, after awhile I turn you into a beautiful wax figure. You will be most beautiful."
    Zhu Lei'Er shouted:"You.....you....."
    She wanted to curse him, but when she heard what he was going to do with her fear struck her in the chest.
    The old man turned to Yu Peiyu and said:"Young man, are you Yu Peiyu?"
    Yu Peiyu nodded and replied:"Yes, I am."
    The old man chuckled:"Although we never met, I could recognize you in one go."
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"Although we have never met too, I know who you are too."
    The old man was a bit stunned but laughed:"If you know who I am, you're quite capable."
    Yu Peiyu said:"You're not a demon. You're just a corpse, because you died a very long time ago."
    The old man laughed:"I am a corpse? Am I just a corpse?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Yes, you are. You never saw me, but I did see you."
    The old man asked:"Where did you see me?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"In a grave."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at Yu Peiyu with amazement, she did not understand what Yu Peiyu was saying. She almost believed that Yu Peiyu had lost it.
    However the old man's face turned and said:"You have been to the grave?" He looked at Yu Peiyu for some time.
    Yu Peiyu said:"Yes, I did. I even stayed there for some time."
    The old man asked:"How did you escape?"
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"I crawled out via your behind."
    Now Zhu Lei'Er really believed Yu Peiyu had lost it, Iron Blossom and Hai Dongqing thought Yu Peiyu had gone mad.
    The old man turned awfully pale now and yelled:"Granddaughter, come here!"
    Everyone except Yu Peiyu was amazed to see his granddaughter, no one thought this old man's granddaughter was Ji Lingfeng. Yu Peiyu knew it had to be Ji Kuqing, who pretended to be dead years ago.
    He was also very good at making wax statues, Ji Kuqing turned to Ji Lingfeng and asked:"Is it true, what this youngster is saying?"
    Ji Lingfeng said:"I do not know."
    She looks very weak and broken, but her reply was very resolute.
    Ji Kuqing asked:"Did he go to Murder Manor?"
    Ji Lingfeng answered:"If he did not visit Murder Manor I wouldn't know him. He is not the only one who went to Murder Manor."
    Ji Kuqing laughed and softly touched Ji Lingfeng's cheek and said:"Good granddaughter, you should show more respect when talking to your grandfather."
    Ji Lingfeng pouted:"I am tired, I just want to sleep now."
    She turned around and walked away, she did not even look at Yu Peiyu the entire time.
    Ji Kuqing said softly:"This girl must be spoilt rotten by her mother."
    He turned to Yu Peiyu and looked at him for some time, before saying:"I hear that Yu Fanghe had a son called Yu Peiyu too."
    Yu Peiyu said:"It seems so."
    Ji Kuqing said:"It was said that he died in Murder Manor."
    Yu Peiyu said:"I heard that too."
    Ji Kuqing's eyes glittered and said slowly:"Perhaps he did not die, he just made a stroll in the grave and stayed alive and someone changed his appearances."
    He suddenly grabbed Yu Peiyu's robe and said loudly:"Maybe he is you, you are the son of Yu Fanghe."
    Initially Yu Peiyu did not understand why Ji Lingfeng would lie, but now he understood and his hands were covered with sweat.
    Ji Kuqing could be working together with the fake Yu Fanghe, they perhaps lured Yu Peiyu over here with the purpose of investigating whether the two Yu Peiyus were really one person.
    Only two people knew of the change of appearance of Yu Peiyu, and Ji Lingfeng was one of them. Yu Peiyu did not know why she would conceal the truth from Ji Kuqing but he was very thankful to her.
    Ji Kuqing looked at Yu Peiyu sternly and asked:"Are you the son of Yu Fanghe?"
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"Whose son I am is no concern of yours."
    Ji Kuqing said:"If you admit your the son of Yu Fanghe, nothing will happen."
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"I beg your pardon, what do you want me to say again?"
    Ji Kuqing looked sinister now and suddenly laughed loudly:"Young lad! You are very stubborn. If you don't like to tell the truth, I will make sure you will never speak again."
    The stone hall was becoming warmer and warmer, there was big furnace and a large pot with wax was put on it to cook.
    Ji Kuqing took out an metalic hook and stirred in the cettle of wax, the wax was becoming fluid. The damp coloured the face of Ji Kuqing green, making him look like a mad demon. He gradually had a mad look in his eyes and said:"It is not easy to turn a living person into a wax figure. Firstly, the wax must be poured onto the person when it is ready. The wax must be completely liquid but it must not be too hot. So timing is essential."
    He chuckled:"It is similar to how Cantonese prepare oil chicken, your hands must be firm and you must be careful. You have to pour the wax carefully on the person and very precise. The first layer must be hardened then the second layer can only be applied. If even your hands are slightly unstable everything will be ruined."
    He explained with great enthusiasm, like a famous chef telling people about his best recipe and dish.
    However they are not the eaters, they are the chickens in this case. If chickens could really feel, would they feel the same thing as Yu Peiyu and others are feeling right now.
    Zhu Lei'Er was angry, scared (perhaps similar what chickens might feel), she wanted to poke the eyes and hands of this horrible old man.
    Iron Blossom was afraid she would go mad and shouted:"Just kill me now! Quickly!"
    Ji Kuqing said calmly:"I want to creat perfect wax statues in order to make perfect statues I need live persons. With corpses I cannot create perfect statues."
    Iron Blossom screamed:"You.....you....."
    She did not know what to say and choked on her words.
    Ji Kuqing smiled to her:"Madame Yang, I won't trouble you. Don't be afraid! Also Yang Zijiang won't like to share the bed with a wax figure."
    Hai Dongqing turned pale and said:"Yang Zijiang is really working with you?!?"
    Ji Kuqing laughed:"Precise, he is smarter than you and knows to make the right friends. He picks the cook holding the knife and you picked to be friends with the chickens."
    Hai Dongqing was stunned and after some time muttered:"Yang Zijiang, Yang Zijiang. Have you entirely forgotten about our teacher? How could betray our teacher like this, have you forgotten our teachings alltogether."
    Tears flowed from his eyes.
    Zhu Lei'Er said hatefully:"No wonder he was not afraid of those Shades! After he saw us off, all he had to to was explain to the Shades that he was one of them. That little fiend is capable of doing almost everything, the filthy hypocrite."
    Iron Blossom started crying half way when she heard the words of Zhu Lei'Er.
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"Madame Yang, why are you crying? Having a husband like Yang Zijiang you should feel happy."
    Iron Blossom sobbed:"I....I...."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I just want to ask you to take this Madame Yang away, I can't stand the sight of her."
    Ji Kuqing smiled:"I almost forget, thank you for reminding me. I have to invite Madame Yang to take a seat."
    Iron Blossom screamed:"Do not touch me! I am not the wife of Yang Zijiang! I will rather become a wax figure than become his wife! I will never become the wife of a vicious man like that."
    Ji Kuqing said casually:"I don't care who you are, but I control life and death of whoever enters this place."
    Hai Dongqing looked at Yu Peiyu and said sadly:"I was wrong about Yang Zijiang, please forgive me......me for dragging you into this."
    Yu Peiyu said:"This is his fault, you're not responsible for this. You needn't apologize."
    Hai Dongqing sighed:"No matter what, he and I are brothers. I.....I....."
    Ji Kuqing loudly yelled now:"Quickly hoist the cettle, this is the righ time."
    The wax was ready.
    Ji Kuqing laughed:"The first layer would hurt a lot, young master Yu can stand a lot of pain I hear. Well, anyway after the second, third layer is brought on you won't feel the pain anymore."
    He put a stick into the wax and showed Yu Peiyu and others how the wax slowly hardened. Ji Kuqing muttered:"Exactly how I want it. Remove the clothes of Yu Peiyu immediately."
    Zhu Lei'Er yelled:"Why won't you start with me first?"
    Ji Kuqing laughed:"It will be your turn sooner or later, why so anxious."
    Zhu Lei'Er screamed:"I'm begging you start with me! I will be most grateful if you would fullfil this wish."
    Ji Kuqing laughed:"You like to be naked in front of them?"
    Zhu Lei'Er was stunned and started to cry.
    Iron Blossom yelled:"You can start with me! I....I am no....not afraid!"
    Ji Kuqing carefully examined her and said slowly:"You have a good figure, I would love to start with you. It would be most wonderful to see a naked pretty woman like you. Very good.....very good indeed."
    But he added with a sigh:"Unfortunately you're the wife of Yang Zijiang, pity.....pity...."
    Hai Dongqing screamed:"You old sick monster, old bastard! Son of a b-i-t-c-h-!"
    Ji Kuqing laughed:"You are trying to make me angry so I will turn you into wax first."
    Hai Dongqing yelled:"Start with me if you have the nerves!"
    Ji Kuqing smiled:"Since all of you are such good friends, I will make your wish come true!"
    He added with a maniacal smile:"Remove their clothes and place them together. Let them embrace each other! I will make a very special wax sculpture, everyone will be able to see that they are friends in one go."
    Hai Dongqing and Zhu Lei'Er both screamed, Zhu Lei'Er had encountered a lot of life and death experiences too but until now she has never been afraid.
    Yu Peiyu was still silent, but he was furious and he was also very sad. Why did he have to die in this horrible way.
    If he knew he would die this horribly, he would prefered to die at the hands of Sang Erlang, although that man was mad too. At least he wasn't a sexually frustrated sick old man like Ji Kuqing. Not even Sang Erlang could come up with such sick twisted method of killing.

Suddenly a man flew in very fast and was sort of dancing gracefully like a puppet being pulled by a invisible strings.
    Ji Kuqing looked surprised and shouted:"Who is it?"
    The man kept dancing and knocked over the cettle with hot wax (un)intentionally and he was covered with the wax and screamed loudly and painfully. Everyone was dumbstruck by fear when they heard the screaming of this man. A few drops of hot wax landed on Zhu Lei'Er and it was enough to cause intolerable pain. Another man flew in and landed in the cettle and he shouted with pain too.
    Ji Kuqing flew away to avoid being splattered by the wax and shouted angrilly:"Who is it?"
    During his shout a third person came flying towards him, he shifted away from the flying living object with a few centimetres mid-air. With was an amazing accomplishment, however a fourth and a fifth man came flying towards him too. Even with his incredible level in the art of levitation he could not avoid these two men.
    The movements in the art of levitation are dependent from one puf of internal energy qi. When in mid-air it is impossible to change or inhale another puf of qi, changing position in mid-air is already most difficult.
    Ji Kuqing struck out his fists and his energy released repelled the two flying men but he too was flung backwards and staggered back to the wall.
    Zhu Lei'Er was surprised and happy to see this, she recognized those five men as the wax henchmen of Ji Kuqing. She was ambushed by these figures earlier, although they had the element of surprise but she knew they were not weak fighters and had swift movements.
    But now these five henchmen were thrown inside and it seemed they did not even have the opportunity to put up any resistance. This unexpected guest must have great skills.
    Ji Kuqing looked very angry and looked at Yu Peiyu, he said:"I never thought you would have helpers to rescue you. You have a lot of friends!"
    A voice said:"I do not know him, but we are old friends."
    The sound sounded soft and gentle, and very sweet. Zhu Lei'Er and Iron Blossom were also captivated by the voice of this guest. Zhu Lei'Er was the daughter of the famous Zhu Mei, she was born with a certain grace, beauty, elegance inherited from her mother. The other was Iron Blossom was one of the Three
    Magnificent Flower Ladies, (in)famous for their mesmerizing skills. Her voice was a special weapon against men too. But when they heard this voice they felt they could not compare to her and kept quiet.
    But when Zhu Lei'Er heard these two were friends, her heart sank away again.
    But only Hai Dongqing was extremely happy and said softly:"My teacher has arrived."
    Zhu Lei'Er was surprised and said with amazement:"Your teacher is a woman."
    Hai Dongqing did not answer her question, there is no need to answer because a woman in a black dress gracefully walked in. She wore a black veil in front of her face, although Zhu Lei'Er could not see her face but she knew this woman must be a matchless beauty.
    This woman slowly walked inside, it seemed like she was floating on air instead of walking, she wore a long black dress and one could only see the tips of her shoes if one looked very careful. She also wore black gloves, Zhu Lei'Er was captivated by her elegance and stood there looking at this woman with amazement.
    She completely forgot where she was for the moment, she had only eyes for this strange woman.
    Ji Kuqing was completely taken by surprise and after awhile said:"It is you!"
    The woman in black said calmly:"Are you surprised?"
    Ji Kuqing sighed:"I thought you were dead a long time ago."
    The woman in black did not reply, but it looked like she smiled faintly. She slowly walked over to Ji Kuqing, this place looked awful, corpses everywhere, wax, strange statues but this woman maintained her gracefulness despite all of this. She did not lose her dignity in front of this old maniacal madman. Nobody could guess that this woman was an extremely powerful martial arts expert and nobody would think she killed those five men earlier.
    Ji Kuqing was beginning to sweat and said with an enforced smile:"We haven't seen each other for more than ten years, you do not wish to fight me."
    The woman in black said:"I have no intention indeed to fight you."
    Ji Kuqing seemed to be relieved and said:"Please would you mind staying away from me, with you around my heart will always beat faster."
    The woman replied:"You do not have a heart, how can it beat."
    She was still advancing forward to Ji Kuqing.
    Ji Kuqing was feeling very nervous and shouted:"What do you want from me?"
    The woman in black did not answer his question but asked:"You are 72 years old now, aren't you?"
    Ji Kuqing said:"You....you remember very clearly."
    The woman in black said calmly:"Anyone who has reached the age of 72 has lived long enough, don't you agree?"
    Ji Kuqing wiped away his sweat and asked:"What....what do you mean with that?"
    The woman in black asked:"Do you honestly not know?"
    Ji Kuqing smiled wryly:"Who has been able to know your intentions in the past 20 years?"
    The woman in black sighed softly:"I hope you won't force me to kill you."
    Ji Kuqing looked very afraid now and awfully pale, he suddenly laughed loudly:"After seeing all these years, you really want to take my life!"
    His laughter sounded like crying, however at this time he leapt up and in mid-air he did not look like a disgusting skinny, short old man but a vulture crashing down on its prey.
    The woman in black just slowly awaited his attack, if the Ji Kuqing was a vulture she could be called a wolf.
    When Ji Kuqing was almost near her, she gently brushed with her sleeve.
    Nobody expected that a mere twirl with the sleeve could block Ji Kuqing's vicious attack, however they heard a sharp cry and Ji Kuqing was flung almost 10 metres away from the woman in black. He crashed into the wall with his back, he looked very pale now and looked at the woman in black and said:"Seraphic energy...."
    Before he could finish he coughed up blood.
    The woman in black said calmly:"Yes, you are right. It is the pre-heaven seraphic energy, you really do have sharp eyes."
    Ji Kuqing started to laugh arrogantly:"Pre-heaven seraphic energy! Good, invincible throughout the realm! I can die with no regrets now."
    During his laughter he started to move his hands and legs frantically, like he was dancing. During his erratic movements he kept coughing up blood, his blood splattered al around him and on his own robe. In the end he ran out of blood to cough and slowly started to make a gargling sound and Zhu Lei'Er turned around and did not look.
    Yu Peiyu had heard of pre-heaven seraphic energy before, but he always believed it belonged to legends of Wulin. Much like terms like [shooting invisible sword energy from one's fingers, silent acoustic voice], perhaps these skills did exist in the ancient times but were lost in the present era of realm of martial arts.
    He never dreamt that he could see the power of such a famous art. Ji Kuqing was lying in his own pool of blood, like a frog he was still make a gargling sound. Suddenly his body jumped up in the air and fell down again, this time there was no gargling noise and he did not move anymore.

The woman in black turned around and looked at Yu Peiyu, her eyes were most penetrating and it seemed that she could see right through Yu Peiyu. He lowered his head and did not dare to look at this woman in black.
    The woman in black asked:"Are you young master Yu Peiyu?"
    She knew the name of Yu Peiyu and she was quite polite to him, if another person was standing in Yu Peiyu' shoes he would be very happy and even thrilled.
    Fame was comparable to an expensive, precious brocade, it can bring one a lot of attention but also there is a downside to it.
    Hai Dongqing saw that Yu Peiyu was contemplating and did not hear his teacher's words, so he said:"Brother Yu, my teacher is talking to you."
    Yu Peiyu sort of woke up from his thoughts and said:"Yes, my name is Yu Peiyu."
    The woman in black said:"Good, follow me please."
    She gently brushed with her sleeve again and the acupoints of Yu Peiyu, Hai Dongqing and Zhu Lei'Er were unsealed.
    Hai Dongqing knelt down and said:"Disciple has something....."
    The woman in black interrupted him:"I know everything about you and Yang Zijiang, there is no need to talk about that right now."
    She turned around and was standing at the door already.
    Zhu Lei'Er quickly walked over to Yu Peiyu and held his arm and ask softly:"Are you really going with her?"
    Yu Peiyu noticed her hands were shaking and his heart was filled with affection, he said gently:"Of course, you will be coming with me."
    Zhu Lei'Er's eyes brightened up and she even held Yu Peiyu's arm tighter and asked sweetly:"Will you really take me everywhere you go?"
    Yu Peiyu sighed in his heart but said:"No matter where I go you will always be at my side."
    But the woman in black said:"This time you cannot go with him."
    Zhu Lei'Er was startled and let go of Yu Peiyu, after a moment she said with a shaky voice:"Why?"
    The woman in black said:"Because I say so."
    Zhu Lei'Er said with indignation:"Why....what authority do you have to separate us from each other! You....you......saved our lives, but if it wasn't your disciple we wouldn't be in this mess."
    She now started to weep and continued with a sobbing tone:"You should have saved us, it was your responsibility. What right do you have to order me around."
    Hai Dongqing turned pale and knelt down, he said:"She is just a child, she doesn't know any better. Master, please forgive her."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked up with tears in her eyes and said loudly:"You don't have to plead to your teacher! I am not afraid, let her kill me! Even when I'm dead I will follow Yu Peiyu."
    She pulled Yu Peiyu's arm and said:"You promised me to take me everywhere you go, are.....are you coming back on your words?"
    Yu Peiyu did not speak, he looked at her with affection and gently wiped away her tears and he turned around and said to the woman in black:"I promised her and her third uncle to take care of her. I cannot leave her behind."
    The woman in black said coldly:"If you cannot look beyond mere love tribulations, how can you accomplish important matters in life."
    Yu Peiyu said calmly:"If I cannot keep my word, how am I going to face myself in the future."
    The woman in black looked at him for some time and her eyes turned warm and said:"Good! You're a good child!"
    She floated towards Zhu Lei'Er and raised her hand.
    Hai Dongqing and Yu Peiyu both held their breaths, they knew that the woman in black could smash Zhu Lei'Er's head with only one mere blow.
    The woman in black asked:"Do you really want to stay with him?"
    Zhu Lei'Er gritted her teeth and said resolutely:"No matter what I will stay with him, if you want to separate us kill me first."
    Yu Peiyu looked at the hand of the woman in black and his heart skipped a beat.
    The woman in black gentrly stroked Zhu Lei'Er's long hair and said gently:"You're a very kind sweet child. But if you truly love him you should not create more problems for him, give him the chance to finish his important quests first."
    Zhu Lei'Er was surprised and started to cry loudly.
    The woman in black added:"I am not telling him that he should abandon you forever, just spend some time apart from each other. The two of you are still young, you will bound to see each other again in the near future."
    Zhu Lei'Er turned around and said:"Allright! I will leave, I will leave alone......."
    She ran towards the door sobbing, Yu Peiyu chased her and grabbed her arm and said gently:"Where are you going?"
    Zhu Lei'Er bit her lip and said:"No need to concern yourself about me, I will find a place to go."
    But she could not hold back her tears no matter how hard she tried.
    The world is a big place, but where can she go to?
    The woman in black sighed:"Dongqing, take her back to our mount. I will tell young master Yu to look for her there afterwards."
    Hai Dongqing was surprised and happy, he said:"Are you accepting this Miss as your disciple?"
    The woman in black smiled a bit:"She is a good girl."

The weather outside was most radiant, although it was Autumn but it felt like Spring. For the first time in a long time Yu Peiyu felt that the warmness of the sun again.
    Everything is different now, Zhu Lei'Er has new hope now. Standing in the warm sun, he could almost sing out of happiness.
    The only regret is that he could not find Guo Pianxian and Zhong Jing, Ji Lingfeng was also missing. She must have taken those two along, he still could not figure out why Ji Lingfeng helped him and why she took Guo Pianxian and Ji Lingfeng with her.
    But that is only a small matter compared to the rest.
    The woman in black said:"Although Yang Zijiang has betrayed me but he was honest about a certain few matters. And with Dongqing at his side he had no option but to be honest."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"Is Ji Kuqing that [Mr. Dongguo]?"
    The woman in black said:"No, Ji Kuqing is just another of Mr. Dongguo's lackeys. When it comes to martial arts and intelligence Ji Kuqing is nowhere near Mr. Dongguo."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"Madame, you....."
    The woman in black sighed:"To be honest, not even I am capable of defeating that rogue."
    Yu Peiyu said:"But Madame, you have mastered the pre-heave seraphic energy, aren't you invicible with that omnipotent skill?"
    The woman in black said:"The pre-heaven seraphic energy is capable of penetrating practically everything, however eveything in this world has a something to match it. For instance a centipede is very poisonous but a rooster is capable of eating it."
    The woman in black sighed:"Mr. Dongguo has learnt a new technique that can top my seraphic energy, if not he would not dare to wreak havoc again."
    Yu Peiyu was most surprised and asked:"What skill would that be?"
    The woman in black said:"The ephemeral form dexterity."
    Yu Peiyu said:"If he has mastered this ephemeral form dexterity, can he truly run amok throughout the realm?"
    The woman in black said:"Nobody in the realm is likely to be his match, there is only one person capable of dealing with him."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"Who?"
    The woman in black answered:"You."
    Yu Peiyu was flabbergasted and stuttered:"But....but...I....I...."
    The woman in black said:"When it comes to martial arts you are no match for him, not even ten Yu Peiyus might be able to defeat him. But you are both very intelligent and insightful, furthermore you have an exceptional tenacity that no one else has."
    Yu Peiyu said:"But....."
    The woman in black interrupted him:"Have you heard of the tale *the emperor and the assassin?"
    Yu Peiyu answered:"Yes, I have heard of this story."
    The woman in black said:"When it came to swordsmanship Jing Ke was nowhere near the great swordsman of that time [Gai Nie], but prince Dan of Yan Kingdom selected Jing Ke for the task to assassinate Ying Zheng king of the Qin Kingdom. Because prince Dan believed only Jing Ke was fit for such a task. Do you
    know why?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Because Jing Ke was willing to sacrifice his own life to complete his mission, he wanted to die along with the ruthless Qin Kingdom."
    The woman in black shook her head and said:"You are wrong."
    She added:"The ruthless methods of the King Zheng of Qin were infamous, lots of people hated him and wanted his head. And in the Kingdom of Yan there were a lot of brave warriors like [Gao Jianli, Song Yi, Wu Ping, Qin Wuyang]. All of them were heroic and courageous warriors who did not fear death, but why did prince Dan select Jing Ke?"
    Yu Peiyu stayed quiet and respectfully listened to the woman in black.
    The woman in black continued:"That is because Jing Ke had extraordinary tenacity, he was able to stay calm and logical during the most dire situations. King Zheng of Qin was known for being an awesome man, everyone who entered the Qin palace would quickly be intimidated by the awe there. However Jing Ke
    calmly entered the palace without showing a trace of fear or anxiety, even a cunning ruler like Ying Zheng did not see the assassination coming. Jing Ke had something special that many lacked and that was why prince Dan chose him."
    Yu Peiyu looked most pensive and asked:"Madame, are you asking me to assassinate Mr. Dongguo?"
    The woman in black said:"Although ambushing, assassinating are not the way of of people in Wulin, but when we are facing a diabolical menace like Mr. Dongguo we cannot uphold conventional rules anymore."
    Yu Peiyu said:"But......but Jing Ke still failed in the end."
    The woman in black said:"Jing Ke did fail, but you stand a better chance than Jing Ke."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"Why do you say that, Madame?"
    The woman in black explained:"There were about a thousand armed soldiers in the Qin palace, Mr. Dongguo likes to travel alone, that is one. Jing Ke was not skilled in close range combat with a dagger but you are already a martial arts expert of the realm, that is two. She paused for awhile and looked at Yu Peiyu
    and continued:"But most important king Zheng still did not entirely trust Jing Ke when he presented the map, but Mr. Dongguo will not be suspicious of you."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"Why so?"
    He added:"Jing Ke had at least [the map of Du Rong] and the head of Fan Yuqi to buy King Zheng's trust, but I do not have anything to present to Mr. Dongguo."
    The woman in black smiled:"You have something to win his trust, but you do not know it yourself."
    Yu Peiyu said respectfully:"Madame, please enlighten me."
    The woman in black asked:"Do you still have those items Lady Zhu of the Palace of Enchantment hid?"
    Yu Peiyu replied honestly:"Yes, I have."
    The woman in black's eyes glittered and asked:"Is there a plaque made from bamboo?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Yes."
    The woman in black asked:"Do you still have it now?"
    Yu Peiyu answered:"Fortunately I still have it."
    The woman in black said:"This is not an ordinary bamboo plaque, many people are willing to die for this piece of wood. It is more valuabe than all the gold in the world in some people's eyes, do you know why?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"I could not figure the secret out of this bamboo plaque, Madame."
    The woman in black said:"This is a personal item of Mr. Dongguo."
    Yu Peiyu exclaimed with surprise:"His personal item?"
    The woman in black said:"Whoever holds this plaque becomes the benefactor of Mr. Dongguo. No matter what task you give him, he must accomplish it."
    Yu Peiyu was very surprised and asked:"Why?"
    The woman in black explained:"Mr. Dongguo is a very evil and cunning fiend, but he is also very proud. He does not like to accept favours from anyone but if he did he will try to repay that person back no matter how. About 30 years ago someone did him a great favour but that person had nothing to ask of Mr.
    Dongguo. As result Mr. Dongguo carved this bamboo plaque and said:[See this plaque is like seeing me.]"
    Yu Peiyu said:"I understand now, but who was that person who held this plaque originally?"
    The woman in black said:"That is of no importance, he is long dead now. Most importantly you have the plaque now and Mr. Dongguo said himself [See this plaque is like seeing me], so you have now become his benefactor. You can order him to do anything and he won't refuse you."
    She casually added:"As I said, he is an extremely proud man and will never go back on his own words."
    Yu Peiyu said seriously:"Madame, are you suggesting that I should go and see him with this plaque and order him to chop off his own head?"
    The woman in black laughed:"Although he won't go back on his words, but telling him to kill himself to repay you is something he won't do either. Maybe 30 years ago he might have done that, but the older one gets the more value one places on life."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"What do you suggest, Madame?"
    The woman in black said:"Take this plaque and see him and ask him to teach you the ephemeral form deterity."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"And then?"
    The woman in black said:"Learning the ephemeral form dexterity is nothing something that can be accomplished in two, three days. When you study with him, you have more opportunities to make contact with him."
    Yu Peiyu nodded.
    The woman in black added:"Not being able to repay this favour is his biggest regret in life, and if you see him you are helping him to complete one of his long wishes in life. He will be extremely happy and probably won't ask about your antecedents. He won't be suspicious about you, furthermore as the saying goes: [Even a tiger will be negligent once in awhile.] And at that time you have plenty of chances to kill him."
    Yu Peiyu said:"But...."
    The woman in black interrupted him:"You already know the secrets of Dongguo. Why do you have so many reservations? Are you not willing to rid Wulin of this rogue? Don't you want to avenge your father?"
    Yu Peiyu was surprised and asked:"Madame, you know of me antecedents?"
    The woman in black smiled:"Do you know who that person was who changed your looks?"
    Yu Peiyu said sadly:"I will never forget the gratitude the old sir has bestowed me, however I do not even know the name of the old sir."
    The woman in black said:"His own antecedents are quite mysterious and has not used his true name for decades. However I can reveal to you that he is probably the best friend I have. Together with him we were able to scare Mr. Dongguo from wreaking havoc all these years, because old Dongguo feared the both of us.
    Even if he had mastered the ephemeral form dexterity the two of us can still defeat and kill him, but....but...."
    She did not finish her sentence but sighed.
    Yu Peiyu quickly asked:"But what, Madame? Has...has something happened to the old sir?"
    The woman in black looked very sad and was panting heavily now, after a long time she sighed deeply:"I fear he has been killed by Dongguo."
    She quickly continued:"I do not have evidence of this, but if he was still alive old Dongguo would not be this bold. Because Dongguo knows my good friend is not alive anymore he has begun to put his evil plans into action."
    Yu Peiyu gritted his teeth and said:"Madame, I will obey your command without any doubt. But this Mr. Dongguo must live somewhere very remote, how can I find him."
    The woman in black said:"No need for you to find him, he will be looking for you."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Madame, are you suggesting that I would openly announce that the plaque of repay has fallen in my hands?"

End of chapter 36

*Warring States Period (403-221 BC). The emperor and the assassin is a famous historical story that took
    place in the final years of this period.
    Last edited by Athena; 10-10-03 at 03:49 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

This is off-topic but i just want to say

WELCOME BACK.......
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Hey Athena, just wondering, would it be possible if you translated the moves/techniques into pingying as well? I know for one I am very interested in what this 'Pre-Heaven' thing is; kinda sounds like Xian Tien

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    Hey Athena, just wondering, would it be possible if you translated the moves/techniques into pingying as well? I know for one I am very interested in what this 'Pre-Heaven' thing is; kinda sounds like Xian Tien
    The Lady in Black's Pre-Heaven Seraphic Energy is Xian Tian Gang Qi.

Mr.DongGuo's Ephemeral Form Dexterity is Wu Xiang Shen Gong, kinda like the one in DGSD. Athena really likes to go all out with the fancy names.
    Last edited by TigerWong; 09-27-03 at 05:11 PM.

Jeeez, that's what I thought it might be. Xian Tian from Wang Chong Yang, and Wu Xiang from TLBB.

Gulong is always such a biter

Getting pretty exciting, How many more chapters are there?

Originally posted by Demitre
    Getting pretty exciting, How many more chapters are there?
    I found it exciting from the beginning hehe.

There should be around 2-4 chapters, can't remember if its 38 or 40 chapters total. Thanks for your efforts Athena!

Athena has got four more chapters to go, there's forty chapters altogether in TSATE in total.
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

Jeeez, that's what I thought it might be. Xian Tian from Wang Chong Yang, and Wu Xiang from TLBB.

Whatever. Maybe JY should stop biting GL's 6 Yang Palm or use the sword ideas from Tale of Washing Swords in Smiling Proud Wanderer. Forget Xian Tian or Wu Xiang (BTW - TSATE and DGSD were written around the same time), maybe anytime someone uses Dragon in their kung fu they should consult JY's lawyers too.

Not to say there are no similiarities in their works, but that's not surprising as they were friends who were bound to exchange some ideas. And I'm not naive enough to believe that there was absolutely no borrowing taking place ever (and it goes both ways). I just find it amusing that JY fans always seem to enjoy pointing out the most minor details and automatically attribute it to "stealing", whereas GL fans never seem to really make a fuss about it when they can say the same things. (Well, maybe I should take that back since I hear theres an entire essay about JY ideas taken from GL , but in general, GL fans don't.)
    Last edited by TigerWong; 09-28-03 at 01:58 AM.

I am going by my instincts, but I don't think Yang Zi Jiang would be that type of person. He might joke about selling his friend's out, but he would never do it. If he was to kill Yu Pei Yu, he needn't have saved him at Tang Manor.

What do you think?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Athena, thanks again for the translation. It's getting more interesting all the time.

Originally posted by TigerWong
    Whatever. Maybe JY should stop biting GL's 6 Yang Palm or use the sword ideas from Tale of Washing Swords in Smiling Proud Wanderer. Forget Xian Tian or Wu Xiang (BTW - TSATE and DGSD were written around the same time), maybe anytime someone uses Dragon in their kung fu they should consult JY's lawyers too.

Not to say there are no similiarities in their works, but that's not surprising as they were friends who were bound to exchange some ideas. And I'm not naive enough to believe that there was absolutely no borrowing taking place ever (and it goes both ways). I just find it amusing that JY fans always seem to enjoy pointing out the most minor details and automatically attribute it to "stealing", whereas GL fans never seem to really make a fuss about it when they can say the same things. (Well, maybe I should take that back since I hear theres an entire essay about JY ideas taken from GL , but in general, GL fans don't.)
    Tiger Wong, can you pls escribe further the sword ideas in the Tale of the Washing Swords, and it's similarities with DG9J? Thanks.

What I don't get is why the Chanchelor would be looking for that wooden peice if he was a loyal subject of the evil guy already. He must not be loyal and has something up his sleeves.

Also who is this parrot guy, will that ever be resolved?

Originally posted by Han Solo
    Tiger Wong, can you pls escribe further the sword ideas in the Tale of the Washing Swords, and it's similarities with DG9J? Thanks.
    Just the usual no technique overcoming technique, identifying and countering weaknesses, etc, etc.

Just the usual no technique overcoming technique, identifying and countering weaknesses, etc, etc.
    which we know isn't even the top of martial arts. there are 3 levels above that.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

What did Xian Tian do as a technique?
    Is Wu Xiang the finger skill that one of the Shaolin monks practiced in TLBB?
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Originally posted by dan J
    which we know isn't even the top of martial arts. there are 3 levels above that.
    That's one school of thought. Some believe the "higher" levels described in ROCH are not necessarily mutually exclusive of the theory behind DG9J.

That's one school of thought. Some believe the "higher" levels described in ROCH are not necessarily mutually exclusive of the theory behind DG9J.
    yep, that's one. I was actually referring to Sun Xiao Hong and his grandfather's little chat on the Buddhist riddle of the Bodhi-tree and the Bright Mirror. so no weapon overcoming weapon isn't even all that great, so it seems. what was DGKB thinking.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?