Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

I couldn't resist so I went ahead and finished the novel on my own. Unless there's significant gaps in my understanding of the plot (which may very well be the case given my Chinese literacy rate) the ending was just plain odd. It seemed rushed and rather nonsensical at times... with so many loose ends unaccounted for...
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Originally posted by Han Solo
    These last few chapters certainly lacked the exquisiteness of the rest of the novel. Rather too forced.

I would have loved to see Lin Dai Yu end up with Yu Pei Yu seeing how much she sacrified for him.
    What did she sacrifice? Did she give up her chasity in the cave?

Originally posted by darkcser
    It seemed rushed and rather nonsensical at times... with so many loose ends unaccounted for...
    the main reason is that the ending wasn't written by GL (my guess is the last 4 chapters are no long GL, the writing is just a disaster stylistically). but, on the other hand, I'd blame all the loose ends on GL, because he just simply wasn't too focused on the central plot throughout the whole story. he needed another 15-20 chapters to really properly tie up the story, that is if he doesn't go off on some other tangents. my two cents.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Should we ask our spcnet fanfic writers to rewrite the ending?
    There's a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

Originally posted by Demitre
    What did she sacrifice? Did she give up her chasity in the cave?
    Yes she did. Initially she struggle for a bit, but in that struggle, she knocked down some more bottles, and she gave in.

I meant she sacrifice more than this, rather than just sex.

Personally I find the story to be as good as ever. There are only 2 chapters left, I wonder if all the old characters will have time to reappear.

Lately my guessing skills are pretty good I guessed that Divine Dragon swordsman and Feng were the ones that reappeared. However, I had no idea that Fu and his lover were homosexuals, even though the story gave a hint in the previous chapter. I had no idea that guy was Tian ChiXing either. I have a feeling that the painter would reappear, but I had no idea he was Dongguo!

BTW, where is the Su province located?

Thanks for the translation Athena! T I was thinking about which story I liked better, XLFD or this one. In the end I decided not to think too hard and just give XLFD credit for having deeper and more interesting characters and S&E credit for having the most suspensful story among
    all the stories I've read/watched.

I seriously hope I get answers for my queries in the remianing chapters. I mean, what worse than reading a book to the end and finding loose ends everywhere ?

I actually like the turn of things in this part of the novel where everyone's secrets are out. I am quite interested in the Top 10 Masters. Wonder what they have to hide?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by charbydis
    I seriously hope I get answers for my queries in the remianing chapters. I mean, what worse than reading a book to the end and finding loose ends everywhere ?

I actually like the turn of things in this part of the novel where everyone's secrets are out. I am quite interested in the Top 10 Masters. Wonder what they have to hide?
    I highly doubt that master Nu will reappear, so don't expect to hear any dirt on him

Except for something Shi-Tai, all the other mentionned top 10 have already made an appearance, and either died or got their face slapped.

I heard that someone else co-wrote this book with Gu Long. I think at the end of this novel, we'll get a good ending, but with a lot of mysteries hanging around. If that's the case, it would be cool if the co-author (if there really is one) revised this book and added a couple of chapters.

can believe it just 2 more chapters to go...there seems to be so much more thing havent been explain yet...
    so many character havent been develop yet..
    i guess they really rush to end the story...
    anyway...nice translation..
    appreciated it...
    "High up on top of the Mount Everest I stand.
    Only to realize I have not reach the top of the world
    but rather to know that the world is such a wide place....so much more for me to learn"

hm..is it the end?I got a feeling that mayb Ji Kuqing and his sister are some pawn of a greater mastermind..mayb i m wrong but..hopefully it is not coz i hope for another twist in event..haha

I am confused! If Ji Lian Yan was not a product of Ji Zang Hua, how come she is mentally challenged? Is she faking it???

The Ji family has really weird values and I really pity Madam Ji!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow

Chapter 39 The Beginning Of Chaos

Yu Peiyu said seriously:"This notebook contains all the secrets of every martial artist in the realm, with this in her possession Lady Zhu held control over almost everyone in Wulin. Nobody would dare to confront her actions, because they were afraid she would use their secrets against them."
    Feng San nodded but then he shook his head again and said:"That is true, but there is also one very big disadvantage. This Yama debt book can also lead to great disaster to the holder."
    Yu Peiyu immediately understood what Feng San meant and said:"I understand what you mean, third brother. Those who have their secrets noted in here want to have this book. On the one hand they can hide their own secrets, on the other hand they could control the other people in this book."
    Feng San nodded and said:"Indeed, since you already took a look into this book. I suggest you burn it, before trouble comes
    your way."
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"I was thinking that I could use it the other way. If people knew I have the Yama Debt book, they won't believe I have burnt it."
    Feng San was confused and asked:"Why?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Nobody will believe that I would have burnt this book. Trouble will come no matter what, but I want to start the
    turmoil a bit sooner than someone is anticipating."
    Mr. Dongguo was listening and stroking his long white beard, but when he heard Yu Peiyu's words he quickly interrupted:"Young man, if I hear correctly you want to create chaos in the realm."
    Yu Peiyu nodded his head and explained:"Right, I want to expose the contents of this book tomorrow. I have two motives for doing this. Firstly I can avenge my late father, secondly I can restore balance in the realm. By this all the secrets will be revealed, not allowing some hypocrites to continue deceiving and lying."
    All three men looked at Yu Peiyu with amazement but also with respect.
    Mr. Dongguo was still stroking his beard and kept nodding. Suddenly he said earnestly:"Young man, I admire your spirit and
    your plan to benefit the realm. However if you casually expose the contents like this, I would say........."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"Sir, what do you want to say?"
    Mr. Dongguo said:"I would say you have a death wish."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Sir, I understand what you mean. With my present martial arts I cannot face the upcoming chaos."
    Mr. Dongguo said:"Very smart. You're right."
    Feng San said earnestly:"Fourth brother, you have to think carefully. I too respect your spirit but do you have the ability to
    back it up."
    Yu Peiyu laughed:"Third brother, I have already thought this over carefully before making this decision."
    Again everyone stared at him.
    Feng San asked:"What else do you have to protect yourself? Please don't keep us in suspense."
    Yu Peiyu held out the bamboo tablet and said:"With this plaque I don't have to fear anyone."
    Mr. Dongguo was startled and said with amazement:"Young man, are you mad? Do you want to shift the blame of this upcoming
    chaos into my shoes?"
    Yu Peiyu said seriously:"No, sir. That is not my intention. I would to use this plaque to ask you to teach me the ephemeral form
    dexterity."
    Mr. Dongguo was shocked and asked:"How do you know that I have learnt the ephemeral form dexterity?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Madame Dark Jade, Ji Beiqing told me. She also said that only the ephemeral form dexeterity could overcome her pre-heaven seraphic energy."
    Mr. Dongguo angrilly said:"So I am your target now? Are you threatening me with that plaque?"
    Yu Peiyu respectfully held the plaque in front of him and said:"Sir, don't be angry. I am not threatening you at all. I was just hoping that you would assist me in restoring peace in the realm."
    Mr. Dongguo grunted and took the plaque back, also he struck out his palm towards the chest of Yu Peiyu.
    Feng San and Dongguo Gao shouted with fear.
    But it was too late, when they noticed that Mr. Dongguo was using the ephemeral form dexterity they heard Yu Peiyu cry out in
    pain. His body was flung outside the house and landed near the brook.
    Feng San was shocked and sad, he angrilly shouted:"Old Dongguo, have you gone mad? Why did you kill him!"
    Mr. Dongguo smiled:"You worry too much."
    He swiftly left the house and when Feng San rushed out too he and Yu Peiyu's body were gone. He could only see a grey
    figure moving with incredible speed in the horizon, but in a flash the figure was gone too.
    Feng San was dying with anxiety, suddenly he heard a voice coming from behind him:"Don't worry now! We cannot catch up
    with him now. But I know where he is hiding, when you are better we will look for him together."
    Feng San turned around and said anxiously:"When....when I am better? But...but my fourth brother....."
    Dongguo Gao said:"You really worry too much. Yu Peiyu isn't dead, he won't die."
    Feng San looked at him with his confused eyes...................
    The sun came through again, lighting up the ground with her radiance. Also the clouded look of Feng San was gone now, he
    understood what just happened.

Meanwhile there was a place where the sun and her radiance could never reach, the secret tunnel of Ji Kuqing. Three people
    were still walking there endlessly to the exit. After resting for a few days in the horrible quarters of Ji Kuqing, they had now
    regained much energy and left earlier to leave this horrible tunnel behind.
    They were Zhu Lei'Er, Hai Dongqing and Iron Blossom.
    They did not speak but just held each other's hands and moved forward by touching the wall, Zhu Lei'Er held on to Iron Blossom, Iron Blossom held on to Hai Dongqing. They were not in a talkative mood, in fact each and every one of them were feeling gloomy.
    If Madame Dark Jade did not appear they would have been turned into wax statues earlier, they would still shiver if they
    thought back about that. They were now going the same way back, but different now. The group was not complete anymore, Yu Peiyu was not here with them. Especially Zhu Lei'Er felt down and gloomy, without Yu Peiyu around her she felt that this dark tunnel was even darker.
    They still had a long way before reaching "the 39 lamps."
    Hai Dongqing could not stand the silence anymore and said loudly:"Somebody once said:[Not talking is worst than dying.] But now the sayer of this wonderful sentence is awfully quiet. Don't you think this is strange?"
    Zhu Lei'Er stopped walking and said:"Are you referring to me?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"If the shoe fits, I would rather argue all the way back than walking back in this gloomy silence."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I am not in a good mood, so spare me your sarcasm."
    Hai Dongqing was stunned and said:"Not in a good mood?"
    Zhu Lei' Er was also bit confused by his stunned expression.
    Iron Blossom interrupted:"It is obvious. Miss Zhu is missing Yu Peiyu, with him gone she is also missing her spirit. Men cannot
    understand this."
    Zhu Lei'Er blushed, fortunately nobody could see her in the dark.
    Hai Dongqing retorted:"Well, there is no reason to be upset about that. They will only be separated shortly, furthermore my
    teacher wants to accept Miss Zhu as her disciple. That will be most wonderful and most people will be very envious of such an
    opportunity."
    Iron Blossom said:"Those are your thoughts, do you know if those are the wishes of Miss Zhu?"
    Hai Dongqing was stunned and kept quiet, he thought he might keep quiet now. The three of them continue to move forward
    without any sound, they hoped they could quickly leave this hell behind them.
    Suddenly Zhu Lei'Er stopped and whispered:"Do you hear that? What is that sound?"
    There were all kinds of eerie soft noises in this tunnel, but this sound was different and had rhythm. It sounded like something, someone was floating or walking very fast. Because of the echo they could not hear clearly, but one thing was clear another person appeared and was coming their way with incredible speed.
    Zhu Lei'Er reacted very fast and pulled Hai Dongqing and Iron Blossom to the wall and all three stayed quiet and waited.
    At this point a gush of wind moved by them and they could vaguely see a dark figure moving by them, the figure moved very
    fast and was gone in an instant.
    They could not see who that figure was, it looked like a raven or a bat.
    After some time Zhu Lei'Er whispered:"Strange....strange....."
    Iron Blossom gently pushed her and said:"Why do you say [strange] a few times? Did you notice something odd?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Just......that shadow reminded me of Yu Fanghe, the chancellor of Wulin. I cannot explain it, it is just a feeling."
    Iron Blossom said:"What would he want here?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Well, the only way to find out is to go back and eavesdrop."
    Iron Blossom said immediately:"I have no interest in that. I am not going back to that hideous place."
    Hai Dongqing said:"I support the idea of Miss Zhu, furthermore all those wax henchmen were killed by my teacher. There won't be a dangerous situation like earlier, rest assured."
    Zhu Lei'Er added adamantly:"If that really is Yu Fanghe, it might be linked to Yu Peiyu. I really have to go back and investigate."
    Iron Blossom had no choice and gave in to Hai Dongqing and Zhu Lei'Er.

The stone hall was dark, there was only one lamp burning. A woman in black was sitting in a chair, she was Ji Beiqing also known as Madame Dark Jade.
    It was silent in the hall, she was looking pensive too like she had a lot on her mind. She is a very proud woman but after hearing Ji
    Kuqing's words she too felt that her plan to deal with Yu Peiyu was a bit too bold. However being a proud woman she rather
    continue to make a mistake than admitting her fault.
    The stone hall was a cold place, but the expression on her face was even colder.
    After some time she softly said to herself:"
    Am I wrong?.........Have I really made a mistake?........."
    She was of the impression that nobody was here and nobody would hear her confession. But she was wrong.
    Suddenly a voice said:"Yes, you're wrong. You made a grave mistake."
    Ji Beiqing woke up from her pensive mood and yelled:"Who is it?"
    The voice said:"You didn't even recognize my voice. That shows that you are really frustrated now."
    A figure appeared it was Ji Kuqing.
    Ji Beiqing stared at him and said coldly:"You are quick?"
    Ji Kuqing said:"You should ask this question to someone else. You really should ask that brat why he made such a hasty decision."
    Ji Beiqing said with surprise:"Do you mean Yu Peiyu?"
    Ji Kuqing said:"Yes! That brat is really troublesome!"
    Ji Beiqing anxiously asked:"What is this decision of his? Tell me!"
    Ji Kuqing said:"He has done what we feared most, he has openly revealed the contents of the Yama book of debts."
    Ji Beiqing still remained dignified but stood up with surprise and said:"Could you repeat that once again clearly?"
    Ji Kuqing laughed bitterly:"Repeating it again? The outcome is still the same, he exposed our secret also the secrets of a lot of
    other people. Even your affair with Yu Duhe is exposed."
    Ji Beiqing was trembling and said hatefully:"I want to kill him......I want to kill him myself......."
    Ji Kuqing said:"It is too late now. I told you that killing him would be much easier, well now it is too late all the secrets Zhu Mei accumulated have been openly exposed."
    Ji Beiqing said angrilly:"It is not the time to question whose fault it is now!"
    Ji Kuqing shook his head and said:"I am just telling the truth. Furthermore that brat is very cunning and has hidden himself
    very good, I have tried to look for him but in vain."
    Ji Beiqing said:"That is just a matter of time. I want him to die painfully and slowly when get my hands on him."
    Ji Kuqing said slowly:"We have another person we have to deal with."
    Ji Beiqing asked:"Who?"
    Ji Kuqing said:"Our arch-enemy-------Mr. Dongguo."
    Ji Beiqing was surprised and asked:"What does he have to do with this?"
    Ji Kuqing was now fuming with anger and said loudly:"That old goat is supporting the little brat now. Well, your initial plan to
    use that plaque and Yu Peiyu to deal with the old fool has failed miserably. Now we are in trouble because of it."
    Ji Beiqing said angrilly:"Are you still blaming me?"
    Ji Kuqing sighed:"I am not blaming anyone now, there is no use of that now. Our main priority is dealing with the young and old
    fiends."
    Ji Beiqing said:"Yu Peiyu is not difficult to deal with. But the old goat is quite troublesome."
    Ji Kuqing said:"There is no other option now, we have to use Yu Fanghe now. Let him use his authority as the chancellor of Wulin to proclaim Yu Peiyu and old Dongguo as the enemies of the realm."
    Ji Beiqing coldly scoffed:"Don't forget that his true identity is the infamous rogue, elusive cloud Yu Duhe. Will he that easily be used by us?"
    Ji Kuqing said:"That wouldn't be too difficult. Not taking into account that you and he have a special relationship, he would
    not just stand by and do nothing. He too is mentioned in the Yama book of debts."
    Ji Beiqing was still thinking and did not speak.
    Ji Kuqing suddenly looked at the door and shouted loudly:"Who is there!"
    A cold voice from the door said:"Friend or foe really depends on you."
    They recognized the voice and looked at each other and when they saw the speaker both Ji Kuqing and Ji Beiqing looked
    awkward. The speaker was none other than the present chancellor of Wulin, Yu Fanghe.
    "Yu Fanghe"/Yu Duhe looked at them and sneered:"Spare me your theatricals, please. It is only today that I know what your
    relationship is with each other."
    Ji Kuqing looked at him and said:"So you think you had the lesser end of this alliance."
    Yu Duhe said coldly:"Neither of us can say we have the better or lesser deal in our alliance. Furthermore there are too many unsolved issues between us, let us not dwell on those matters now."
    Ji Kuqing said:"I have been sharing my wife for many years. What right do you have to be angry!"
    Ji Beiqing angrilly said:"Shut up! How dare you say such things in my presence!"
    Ji Kuqing felt he was being mocked by the two of them now, he angrilly left the stone hall.
    After some time Ji Beiqing sighed:"You should not have come, you made things very awkward for me."
    Yu Duhe said:"Well, I have to discuss this matter with someone."
    Ji Beiqing said:"Do you mean the incident with the Yama book of debts being openly revealed."
    Yu Duhe nodded and said:"It seems that you are also well-informed, forget everything else now. We should strike now and
    perhaps there may be hope for us after all."
    Ji Beiqing shook her head and said:"It is too late now, the only thing we can do is kill Yu Peiyu and old Dongguo to avenge
    ourselves."
    Yu Duhe said:"No, if we strike now we might have a chance to get out of this mess without too much damage."
    Ji Beiqing said with surprise:"But the secrets are now exposed how can we change that fact."
    Yu Duhe said:"Up till now it has been all hearsay. No one has actually seen the book of debts yet, so everyone in Wulin is still
    quite suspicious about the claims they heard."
    Ji Beiqing said:"So what you are suggesting that we still have a chance to succeed, do you want me to accompany you in this
    matter."
    Yu Duhe said:"Yes, I know where old man Gao lives. If my calculations are correct they should be there."
    Ji Beiqing said:"Wait! I have to return to my mount first."
    Yu Duhe was surprised and asked:"Why? This is more pressing than everything else."
    Ji Beiqing said:"I have tricked Zhu Lei'Er back to my mount, with her in our hands we control Yu Peiyu."
    Yu Duhe said:"Very well, I will go with you."
    Ji Beiqing nodded and the two swiftly lef the stone hall, but in their anxious mood they were too negligent and forgot that
    there are three people listening to their conversation.
    Zhu Lei'Er and others followed Yu Duhe in and hid themselves in the stone hall and they even breathe very softly.
    Now, that Yu Duhe and Ji Beiqing were gone they were still very careful and stayed hidden to be sure for some time.
    After some time Hai Dongqing got up and sighed and stamped his feet:"I regret that I have a teacher like that! I hate myself for not
    discovering their secrets sooner."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"However I am most luckly, if not I would have been their captive if I went back to her mount."
    Iron Blossom said:"We can talk about this another time, we have to get out of here and notify young master Yu immediately."
    Zhu Lei'Er frowned and said:"But we don't know where he is now." Tears were welling up in her eyes.
    Iron Blossom said:"That Yu Fanghe said that young master Yu is probably at old man Gao's place, if we follow that direction we might end up where we want to go."
    Hai Dongqing said:"But we don't know where old man Gao lives, so we are still clueless."
    Zhu Lei'Er mustered all her strength and said:"First things first, let us get out of this cave first. We should hurry, otherwise
    young master Yu might be taken by surprise by them."
    So the three of them started to rush out of this tunnel, they did not know about the coming dangers......they did not care.

In the early morning in an idyllic place, a place fit for immortals to dwell. In the distance one could hear a waterfall, the only noise that disturbed the tranquil peace in this picturesque place.
    Two figures moved swiftly towards the waterfall, judging from their movements both of them had superior martial arts.
    In an instant they reached the top of a hill overseeing the waterfall, it was a magnificent scene. Grand and spectacular!
    Dongguo Gao looked around and said:"Right, he should be around here. There is no other place he wants to go."
    Feng San sighed with admiration:"When did he find a wonderful place like this to cultivate?"
    Dongguo Gao smiled:"Not long ago he accidentally revealed to me that he found this spot to cultivate. I think only I know of
    this place in the entire world."
    Feng San was looking around too and said:"Where is he?"
    Through the sound of the waterfall an old voice said:"Why do the two of you keep following me around. You even managed to
    find my secret hiding place."
    Mr. Dongguo was hanging upside down in a pine tree behind them, his long white beard covered up his face making him look like some sort of monster.
    Feng San laughed:"You oldie! Since when have you rejuvenated, playing children's games here."
    Mr. Dongguo said:"If you want, you can join me here. I can promise you that this a wonderful exercise in training martial arts."
    Dongguo Gao kept shaking his head and Feng San laughed loudly.
    Suddenly Mr. Dongguo propelled forward neither of them could see clearly whether he had turned around but there he was standing in front of them.
    Feng San anxiously asked:"Where is my brother?"
    Mr. Dongguo said:"What is all this fuss about? Are you afraid that I would kill him over his money?"
    Feng San said:"Well, you can't blame us for thinking that. You took away your plaque used your ephemeral form dexterity to
    send my young brother flying. What is the meaning of that?"
    Mr. Dongguo said loudly:"That is my rule, no matter who it is. I have to use the ephemeral form dexterity to test whether he is
    ready to learn my skill yet."
    Feng San said with surprise:"That is your way to test whether someone is ready to learn your skill?"
    Mr. Dongguo said casually:"Well, I can't be blamed for your lack of knowledge in martial arts theories. When I tested him I only used thirty percent of my internal power. People who have not reached the appropriate level will die on the spot, all the vital organs will have been shattered to a mere pulp. This young man is not bad at all, he did not even cough up any blood."
    Dongguo Gao interrupted:"Yes, yes. But where is young master Yu now?"
    Mr. Dongguo said:"Well he is on a platform behind the waterfall. He is studying martial arts there."
    Feng San said with surprise:"The noise of the waterfall is ear deafening, how can he stay there and study martial arts."
    Mr. Dongguo said:"You really do have to brush up on your knowledge in superior martial arts theories, this is the beautiful part of the ephemeral form dexterity."
    Feng San said:"Yes, I know that I have to brush up on that. But I just want to know what is going on here."
    Mr. Dongguo stroked his beard and said:"The key of mastering the ephemeral form dexterity depends on the will and cultivation of the learner. If the will is strong enough, one would not frown if a mountain collapsed in front of one. Let alone the mere sound of a waterfall, if the learner cannot withstand the rough sounds of the waterfall that means he is not ready to learn the ephemeral form dexeterity yet. Without the will it is very difficult to produce the qi to master this skill. We will see if this child has the will to master this skill."
    Feng San asked:"How is he doing?"
    Mr. Dongguo laughed:"He is doing better than I anticipated. I bet that within seven days he will have mastered the ephemeral form dexterity."
    Feng San said with amazement:"That fast?"
    Mr. Dongguo said:"Anyone else would not be able to do that. But this child was born with extraordinary strenght and he
    received a very strict training from his father. However he cannot be disturbed these seven days, otherwise his life migh be in danger."
    Dongguo Gao asked:"Can we look at him from far away?"
    Mr. Dongguo said with a bit of surprise:"Allright, otherwise you two would think I would have killed him and hid his body."
    The three of them walked over to a cliff, the three of them were splattered wet with the water and soon they saw Yu Peiyu
    sitting there with his eyes closed and looking very dignified.
    It may seem easy for laymen, but even experts like Feng San and Dongguo Gao with powerful internal energies were feeling
    troubled hearing the waterfall's noise here.
    Yu Peiyu seemed to be oblivious to the sound, which was remarkable.
    The three of them observed Yu Peiyu for awhile and Mr. Dongguo nodded at them suggesting they should leave him alone now, the three top martial arts experts left Yu Peiyu alone.
    After walking back Feng San thought of something and asked:"So you used the ephemeral form dexterity to knock him unconscious and took him here to teach him your skill?"
    Mr. Dongguo said:"Of course, what else do you think I would. Play hide-and-seek with you lot?"
    Feng San said:"So he was unconscious on his way here. Did he meet anyway on his way?"
    Mr. Dongguo was stunned and asked:"What are you suggesting here?"
    Dongguo Gao said:"On our way here, we heard that the contents of the book of debts were already exposed. Is that true?"
    Mr. Dongguo laughed proudly:"Since the brat was sleeping I took the liberty of exposing it for him."
    Feng San sighed:"Goodness me! You old fool, what have you done?"
    Mr. Dongguo was confused and asked:"What do you mean?"
    Feng San said:"My young brother Yu needs another seven days to master his skill, but I can bet that within three days Wulin will
    be thrown into chaos and trouble will be looking for the four of us."
    Mr. Dongguo looked startled and said:"Damn! I got carried away and did not think it over thorougly. Damn it!"
    Dongguo Gao said earnestly:"We can only hope that they do not know how to find this place."
    Feng San said:"Normally they won't find this place that easily. But because of the upcoming turmoil those implicated in the book of debts will try awfully hard to find us. I think we should prepare ourselves that this place will be discovered by them very soon."
    Mr. Dongguo stroke his long beard and shook his head, he said:"Well, what done is done we cannot retract what we have
    openly exposed now. What we can do now is--------"
    He did not finish his sentence and carefully observed the two of them.
    Feng San said:"Well, continue. I mean our main priority is to protect young master Yu now. I am willing to throw in my old life
    to protect him."
    Mr. Dongguo clapped his hands and said happily:"Right! I was waiting for this sentence of yours. Enough said, the three oldies
    here will guard him with our lives."
    Dongguo Gao said:"Needless to say we have to guard young master Yu no matter what. But we must also calculate which
    experts would look for revenge or whose reputation have been damaged beyond repair by the book of debts."
    Mr. Dongguo said:"Too many to mention.......Not counting the fake Yu Fanghe and brother and sister Ji. We have eighth squire
    Fu and eighth Madame Fu, master Nu, etc. Almost everyone in Wulin who is a bit famous is in the book, even you Feng San is
    mentioned."
    Feng San was startled and pointed at himself:"Me?!? I have nothing to hide, have I?"
    Mr. Dongguo said:"Maybe you have forgotten about it yourself, but I clearly read it myself."
    Feng San put out his hand and said:"Let me have a look, I want to see it myself. Let's see whether you are slandering me!"
    Mr. Dongguo said:"I have put the book back into the robe of the brat, if you really want to know I will tell you now."
    Feng San looked at him with surprise and said:"You?"
    Mr. Dongguo laughed:"More than ten years ago, you were smitten by the top courtesan named Little Zhaojun (named after the famous classic beauty Wang Zhaojun*). Anyway
    in the end your gold ran up and you were chased out naked out of the brothel by the duenna."
    Feng San quickly retorted:"I was not naked, I had my undergarments on."
    Mr. Dongguo stroked his beard and laughed loudly:"Anyway it did happen, I just made up the part about being naked. Just to provoke your reaction."
    Feng San's face turned red out of embarrassement.
    Mr. Dongguo said:"Don't feel embarrassed! Even my old name is mentioned in the book of debts, my encounter was quite similar to yours."
    Feng San asked:"Did you also often went to brothels when you were young?"
    Mr. Dongguo shook his head heavily and said:"No, I had no such interest. But I was in love with a young Buddhist nun when I was young. But I could not get her affection and almost committed suicide over it."
    Feng San and Dongguo Gao looked at each other with surprise and in a moment the three old men laughed heartily.

However somewhere else walking under the moon a girl walked by a stream. It was Zhu Lei'Er, she, Iron Blossom and Hai Dongqing decided to split up to look for Yu Peiyu. That way the chances of finding him were also bigger, but where could he be. The world is a big place, where is Yu Peiyu now?
    She did not care, she only wanted to find him and warn him. She looked at the possible places Yu Peiyu could have gone and
    was not afraid to suffer, because Yu Peiyu meant everything to her.
    With the last two days she has looked high and low for him and was exhausted but still no news on him.
    Furthermore she has been very cautious, ever since she knew that Ji Beiqing had the intention of using her against Yu Peiyu
    she was afraid she would bump into her.
    She also heard that the contents of the book of debts have been exposed openly, just like Ji Kuqing and Ji Beiqing said. She was very worried about Yu Peiyu' safety."
    For example this afternoon she saw a lot of Wulin people riding on horses riding on the main road, she overheard these people
    talking that they were looking for Yu Peiyu. She wished she could see him immediately now and tell him what she discovered.
    Most important is that she has to tell Yu Peiyu that Ji Kuqing feigned his death and Ji Beiqing is their real foe and not Mr. Dongguo.
    She could imagine Yu Peiyu's dire position now, at seeing that a lot of Wulin people were around here she guessed that Yu
    Peiyu should be somewhere here. Also she remembered that her third uncle used to refer to an [old man Gao] sometimes too,
    could it be that the old man Gao Feng San mentioned was the same person Ji Kuqing talked about? She could remeber that her
    third uncle mentioned that old man Gao lived in these parts too. She was not sure but it was at least one clue she could
    investigate now.
    After travelling without resting for two days she was really tired now and if she did not rest and eat she could pass out at any moment.
    She finally saw a house in the horizon, it was about dinner time now. She could ask and pay for a meal there, but there were
    no lights burning in the house. She knocked on the door a few times and called:"Is someone here?" But there was no response
    and she hoped that this house was not abandoned, she carefully entered the house and hoped to at least find something edible
    inside.
    When she pushed open the door something black and furry jumped her, she caught the thing and yelled out with fear. When she took a closer look it turned it was just a big black cat.
    She gently stroked the cat and said:"Dear little cat, where is your master?"
    The cat looked at her with her green eyes filled with amazement. She cat purred.
    Zhu Lei'Er almost forgot that the cat could not talk and patronized it like a child:"You must be hungry, let me find you something to eat."
    She took out a paper flint and lit a lamp, suddenly she saw something familiar on a bamboo chair. It was the robe she made for Feng San, she recognized her own made robe. Could it be that this really was the house of old man Gao? That would be a
    wonderful coincidence.
    But where would third uncle and old man Gao be?
    In her excitement and happiness she forgot all about her hunger, at this point the cat jumped out of her embrace and ran outside into the fields.
    The cat seemed to know where it was going, Zhu Lei'Er was surprised and thought the cat might be heading for its' master and followed the cat.
    The cat continued to run forward but sometimes it would stop and look backward like it was afraid that Zhu Lei'Er would lose
    track of itself.
    Zhu Lei'Er was also amazed and wondered where the cat would lead her too and followed closely. Fortunately it was a bright
    night and the moon lit up the fields making it easier for Zhu Lei'Er to follow the cat.
    The cat kept running forward through bushes, over fields, across the stream. Suddenly Zhu Lei'Er felt something was amiss
    like someone was watching her, but she only cared about following the cat.
    After following the cat for about four hours, she was blocked by a mountain. The cat stopped and purred to Zhu Lei'Er and
    started to climb the mountain, however Zhu Lei'Er was really too tired to climb the mountain she could hardly pace up with the cat now.
    In a blink of the eye the cat was gone too, she could only hear the sound of a waterfall nearby. Because the mountain was very
    grand, she could not clearly distint where the waterfall was. She really felt lost and did not know what to do, but she did not
    give in to this dire situation.
    She mustered her strength and decided she should at least try to find the cat again and started to walk a few steps foward
    when a hand, a beautiful hand grabbed her right wrist.
    This change happened too quick and Zhu Lei'Er was completely taken by surprise and Zhu Lei'Er turned around to look who or
    what grabbed her.
    The first thought that passed her mind was a demon living on this mountain, but when she saw she captured by a most elegant
    and beautiful woman she was scared beyond her wits. She fell down and sat on the ground looking at this woman with surprise,
    shock and fear.
    This woman was more dangerous than any demon and she stuttered:"Y....you......?"
    Ji Beiqing smiled:"Yes, it is me. Surprise isn't?"
    Zhu Lei'Er did not know what to say now.
    Ji Beiqing said:"I praised you that you were a good girl, why aren't you good now?"
    She smiled:"I thought I ordered Dongqing to take you back to my mount, when I reached there no one was there."
    Zhu Lei'Er shouted:"Why should I listen to you!" Her voice was loud and her tone was sharp, she regained her confidence and
    courage now.
    Ji Beiqing said calmly:"Because those who listen to me will live on happily. You wish to live on happily, don't you?"
    Zhu Lei'Er stood in defiance and sneered:"But I am still living now and I did not listen to you. I will never listen to you."
    Ji Beiqing laughed:"Such a silly girl! Wait and see, you will find out what the consequences are of defying my wishes."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"What do you mean?"
    Ji Beiqing said:"Do you really want me to explain clearly to you? Very well, it might as well serve as a warning to you."
    Zhu Lei'Er suddenly understood what she was getting at and was feeling very worried.
    Ji Beiqing said:"Yesterday evening I started to follow you and by my other companions."
    Zhu Lei'Er was worried and asked:"Who? Where are they?"
    Ji Beiqing laughed:"Too many to mention, but I might as well reveal a few names. Master Nu, eighth squire Fu, eighth Madame
    Fu, Yu Duhe, Ji Kuqing and Tian Chixing......and many more. They are all headed for the waterfall, do you know why?"
    Zhu Lei'Er did not answer but her face turned pale.
    Ji Beiqing said:"Well, they are going to pay a visit to an esteemed guest. You know that person by the way, I think you have been
    trying to look for him for these two days now. Without your help I would not have found him this fast, think carefully about what
    might happen to those who defy my orders."
    Zhu Lei'Er stood there dumbstruck.
    Ji Beiqing laughed sarcastically, but Zhu Lei'Er did not care and shouted loudly:"Peiyu......Peiyu.....it is all my fault!"
    She suddenly ran up the mountain, after two steps she was pulled back needless to say it was Ji Beiqing who pulled her back.
    Zhu Lei'Er cried:"Madame Ji, I was responsible for the book of debts. You can kill me, but please spare young master Yu."
    Ji Beiqing shook her head and sighed:"Love is really grand, isn't it? It can make people forget about their own lives."
    Zhu Lei'Er sobbed:"Yes, I want to die! I don't want to see him hurt........I am willing to die a thousand, a million times....... I will
    have no regrets..........."
    Suddenly Ji Beiqing turned very cool and said coldly:"But that is life, those who must die, shall die! Those who do not have to
    die yet, will not die!"
    Zhu Lei'Er was stunned by her strange remark and asked:"Madame, who doesn't have to die?"
    Ji Beiqing said:"You are a clever girl, you should know the answer."
    Zhu Lei'Er felt like she was thrown into a bottomless pit, she knew that pleading would only make this vile woman happy. She
    started to run from her with tears still flowing from her eyes, suddenly she bumped into someone.
    She looked up and saw a sinister face looking at her with an evil smile, it was a shade. That eerie, cold face with that strange smile wearing a black robe and red sabre in his girdle.
    Zhu Lei'Er diverted her eyes from him, she was afraid of this monster.
    Ji Beiqing said:"Take her back!"
    And in an instant Ji Beiqing was gone, quicker than the appearance of the Shade.
    Shade grabbed Zhu Lei'Er and carried her with one arm and swiftly moved away here, one could say that the Shade moved
    like a vulture making Zhu Lei'Er a poor chick.
    She was terrified to be captured by this madman and did not know what to do, Shade laughed evilly at her:"Come, Shade takes you home now."
    Zhu Lei'Er was even more afraid when she saw him smiling at her, in her terrified state she suddenly regained her sense and
    drew a short blade and stabbed him in the chest.
    The Shade let go of Zhu Lei'Er but was still smiling:"Don't forget Shade can never be killed."
    The events were too overwhelming for Zhu Lei'Er at this moment and she almost fainted.
    Fortunately she heard a familiar voice calling:"Lei'Er, Lei'Er!"
    It was the voice of her third uncle, the voice she knew from ever since she was an infant.
    She called out:"Third uncle! Third uncle!"
    After calling two times, she was pulled away by someone force. Feng San saw her like a paper being blown away by a powerful wind and gave chase to a second Shade who came.
    Feng San saw that the person who abducted Zhu Lei'Er was a man wearing a black robe with incredibly fast movements and
    was almost gone in an instant. He quickly gave chase, suddenly he saw three figures moving towards the place where Yu Peiyu
    was studying. He had no choice but to break of his pursuit and propelled himself back to protect Yu Peiyu.

Ji Beiqing was standing 20 metres away from the waterfall and next to her where Ji Kuqing and Yu Duhe. The three of them
    were looking about and were hoping to find the person who yelled at them.
    With their eyesights and the clear sky they could even spot a small rodent in the fields but after carefully looking around they
    could not see a thing.
    Ji Kuqing could not control his temper anymore and shouted:"Who was it that spoke earlier! Show yourself before I start cursing!"
    A voice said:"Are you blind? Can't you see my right in front of you?"
    This time they heard it clearly, the speaker was hidden amidst a pile of rocks about 10 metres away from them. But the only thing they saw was a rock that was sort of swaying, Ji Beiqing grunted:"Oh, it is him."
    Ji Kuqing was surprised and asked:"Who do you mean?"
    Ji Beiqing coldly said:"Look closely, do you really think that is just a rock."
    Ji Kuqing carefully observed better and said:"It looks like a grey sack."
    Ji Beiqing said:"Exactly, the colour is the same as the stones. If you can't guess who that is now, you really are as stupid as a pig."
    Ji Kuqing said loudly:"Of course! It is the sack of universal mystery. The preceptor of the sack is here."
    Mr. Dongguo laughed:"Very good! Cuckold friend!"
    And the bag rolled in front of the three, it was obvious that someone was in the bag because the bag was moving.
    Ji Kuqing was furious when he heard the word [cuckold] and lifted his palm and struck at the bag. Ji Kuqing knew that old Dongguo often hid himself in the bag to make fun of people. The bag exploded and they heard a cry and a man rolled out of the bag vomitting blood.
    Ji Kuqing looked stunned, both Ji Beiqing and Yu Duhe were shocked too.
    The man who rolled out of the bag was Tianchi Xing and was heavily injured now.
    Tian Chixing was one of the experts they enlisted to capture Yu Peiyu, somehow he must have been captured by Mr. Dongguo
    and put into his sack. Now Ji Kuqing had heavily injured him too.
    Mr. Dongguo who was sitting on a stone was laughing happily, because he was rather short his long beard reached the ground
    covering his entire body. Normally it would be funny to see such a scene, but Yu Duhe, Ji Beiqing and Ji Kuqing were not at all amused.
    Mr. Dongguo stroked his long beard and said seriously:"Enough of this nonsense! Why aren't the three of you, husbands and
    wife at home? Why brings you here to my old place, could it be that you miss one more player for mahjong?"
    Ji Beiqing was shivering with anger, that [why aren't the three of you, husbands and wife at home?] angered her to the bone,
    not to mention humiliated her deeply.
    Both Yu Duhe and Ji Kuqing were furious and embarrassed too and wanted to kill this Dongguo old dog at once.
    After awhile Ji Beiqing composed herself and said:"Mr. Dongguo is a renowned and respected Wulin dignitary, I believe if I have a question you would answer me honestly."
    Mr. Dongguo laughed:"Well, Madame Dark Jade is really formidable. With only one sentence I have to be serious again."
    Ji Beiqing said:"I just want to know if young master Yu is here."
    Mr. Dongguo said:"Since all of you have come here, there is no point in saying no."
    Ji Beiqing said:"Well, it is good that he is here. Would you ask him to come out, I have a few questions for him."
    Mr. Dongguo looked a bit surprised and asked:"Do you want to instruct him to assassinate me again?"
    Ji Beiqing shivered a bit with anger and said:"I was wrong there, I should have killed him on the spot. That way I would have
    had the plaque and the book of debts, that I would have controlled the entire realm."
    Mr. Dongguo smiled:"It seems that this is the first time that you ever admit that you were wrong, especially in front of anyone.
    I feel most honoured."
    Ji Beiqing laughed wryly:"It is too late.....too late. But there still one thing that isn't too late."
    Mr. Dongguo asked:"What is that?"
    Ji Beiqing said hatefully:"Kill him."
    She emphasized these two words heavily, meaning she hated Yu Peiyu to the bone.
    Mr. Dongguo said:"I was the one who openly exposed the contents of the book of debts."
    Ji Beiqing was surprised and asked:"Did you really do that?"
    Mr. Dongguo said:"Why should I lie about something like that, it is the truth."
    Ji Beiqing looked pensive and said:"Even so, he asked you to do it for him. Yu Peiyu is the guilty one."
    Mr. Dongguo said:"So you really hold that little boy responsible is it?"
    Ji Beiqing said politely:"I sincerely hope that Mr. Dongguo could keep out of this incident."
    Mr. Dongguo said resolutely:"Nothing and nobody in this world can change my mind."
    Ji Beiqing sighed:"If that is the case, forgive us for being rude."
    Mr. Dongguo said:"If you don't want to be rude, I suggest that you leave now with your friends."
    Ji Beiqing was a bit surprised to see old Dongguo this bold and said:"What do you mean, could you be more precise?"
    Mr. Dongguo said:"Ignorance is a bliss, remember that."
    Ji Beiqing said:"Enough of this nonsense! There are two options for you, Mr. Dongguo. I am speaking on behalf of the realm, Mr. Dongguo you can choose with option you take."
    Mr. Dongguo nodded and said:"Well, let me hear those options."
    Ji Beiqing became very solemn and said earnestly:"Hand out Yu Peiyu and let him be trialed according to the directives set at
    the gathering of lake Huang."
    Mr. Dongguo loudly said:"Elusive cloud, Yu Duhe! Did you hear that?"
    Yu Duhe was a bit surprised but remained calm and said:"Who are you talking to?"
    Mr. Dongguo said:"I am calling Yu Duhe, which happens to be you."
    Yu Duhe scoffed:"I think you are becoming senile, don't you even recognize the chancellor of Wulin Yu Fanghe."
    Mr. Dongguo said loudly:"Yu Duhe, stop pretending! Your secrets have already been exposed now by the book of debts, if you
    continue to feign I will turn your elusive cloud into a dispersing cloud."
    Yu Duhe looked furious but stayed silent.
    Mr. Dongguo continued:"Did you hear the words of Madame Dark Jade?"
    Yu Duhe said:"Of course I did, that is the main issue we are discussing at this moment."
    Mr. Dongguo said:"I think this option is comparable to lodging a complaint against a thief in a den of rogues. Futile and stupid!"
    Yu Duhe turned to Ji Beiqing and said:"Madame Ji, would you proclaim what the second option is?"
    Ji Beiqing said hatefully:"Death!"
    Mr. Dongguo stroked his beard and laughed happily:"Nope, I won't pick that option. I am not even married, I don't have any
    children. When I report to King Yama in the netherworld I will become a laughing-stock. Neither of your options appeal to me,
    can we discuss a third option, Madame Ji?"
    Ji Beiqing was surprised and said:"A third option?"
    Mr. Dongguo said:"Let us solve all the problems in the realm once and for all, just give me seven days. That little boy Yu will be
    looking for you too, so don't worry you will bound to meet him soon."
    Ji Kuqing loudly shouted:"Old Dongguo, stop stalling for time!"
    Mr. Dongguo said calmly:"Is that my cuckold friend who is talking again? My....my temper, temper. No wonder the wife goes out a lot."
    Everyone could hear he was mocking Ji Kuqing again, he leapt up and stormed forward towards Mr. Dongguo.
    His attack from the sky was fierce and powerful, Mr. Dongguo stroked his beard one more time before leaping up too to
    engage Ji Kuqing. Mr. Dongguo raised his palm too both exchanged palm energies in mid-air, when the two forces met a small whirwind was created. Mr. Dongguo floated backwards with three steps, Ji Kuqing made seven, eight somersaults backward
    and fell on the same spot where he stood before. Blood was dripping from the corners of his mouth and he was looking very
    pale.
    Ji Beiqing sneered:"The ephemeral form dexterity of Mr. Dongguo is very powerful. Let me remind you that besides the three of us there are about ten odd top martial arts experts here too, I don't think you can deal with all of them that easily too."
    Mr. Dongguo looked around and saw that indeed more than ten people were slowly emerging from the woods.
    Mr. Dongguo said:"Are there more? Let me deal with all of them, I don't want to trouble the youngsters with trivial matters like this."
    Ji Beiqing said:"It seems that Mr. Dongguo is not backing away from this."
    Mr. Dongguo said:"It seems all of you are interested in sampling my ephemeral form dexterity."
    All the other experts gathered behind Ji Beiqing now.
    Ji Beiqing laughed:"Well, if that is the case Mr. Dongguo we have no alternative. By the way don't think we don't know where
    young master Yu is hiding."
    Mr. Dongguo was suprised and looked at Ji Beiqing carefully with his sharp eyes.
    Ji Beiqing said:"Let me tell you, we know he is hiding behind the waterfall."
    Mr. Dongguo praised the keen eyes and intelligence of her in his heart.
    Ji Beiqing said:"I urge to reconsider, because you are now dealing with the entire Wulin here."
    Mr. Dongguo turned around and saw his brother Dongguo Gao and Feng San holding guard at the waterfall, he felt slightly secured now.
    With the three of them they could not face all these experts but they had no other choice now.
    Mr. Dongguo was not afraid and said loudly:"Good! I hope the three of you, husbands and wife will attack together. Don't
    forget that my universal sack can hold anything in this world, including repulsive sick people like you."
    When all those experts heard the words of Mr. Dongguo they were scared, during the banquet of eighth squire Fu everyone
    fled when they heard his name. Now they were facing him in person.
    Although no one was running now, but they all were very much afraid now and thought if they were on the losing side they would immediately surrender to Mr. Dongguo.

Now the time for negotiations were over.
    Yu Duhe said loudly:"Master Nu, you lead a group to attack Dongguo Gao!"
    Yu Duhe used his status as the chancellor of Wulin, Yu Fanghe to order these martial arts experts.
    Master Nu replied and lead a group of eight martial artists to attack Dongguo Gao.
    Yu Duhe turned to eighth squire Fu and said:"Eighth squire!"
    Eighth squire Fu replied:"Here!"
    Yu Duhe said:"Lead a group to attack Feng San, capture Yu Peiyu at all costs!"
    Eighth squire Fu nodded and responded with [yes] and lead another group to attack Feng San.
    All that remained were two and a half people, the two were Ji Beiqing and Yu Duhe, the half was the wounded Ji Kuqing.
    Yu Duhe stared at Mr. Dongguo with angry eyes and said:"I hope your sack is big enough to keep up us in there."
    He leapt up and dashed towards Mr. Dongguo ferociously.
    Yu Duhe struck with three palms making whoosing sounds, but the ever sly him avoided the palms Mr. Dongguo directed to
    him. It was obvious that Yu Duhe feared the ephemeral form dexterity of Mr. Dongguo and was afraid to engage it head on.
    The palms of Mr. Dongguo were most powerful, the energy released send stones flying and leaves twirling. The energy he
    released formed an invisble forcefield around him.
    Even Ji Beiqing looked startled and thought the old goat is putting everything he has in this battle.
    After a few bouts, Yu Duhe was only retreating. Fortunately his strategy was to avoid instead engaging the enemy, otherwise
    he would have been wounded now by the omnipotent force released by Mr. Dongguo.
    A black figure entered the fight, it was Ji Beiqing.
    Her arms made a circle and she pushed out.
    A loud Bammm could be heard, her top skill the pre-heaven seraphic energy collided with the ephemeral form dexterity.
    Ji Beiqing backed away with several large steps, Mr. Dongguo was still standing but was swaying back and forth.
    Ji Beiqing looked at him with amazed eyes and Mr. Dongguo looked back angrilly.
    Suddenly Mr. Dongguo felt a palm attacking him from the back.
    He shouted:"What kind of chancellor of Wulin are you! Attacking people in the back!"
    He blocked that attack of Yu Duhe with the stance the willow swaying in the wind, not only did he block the attack but
    Yu Duhe could not deal with the remaining power in that stance and was flung backwards for about three metres.
    He was almost severely injured, but luckily for him Ji Beiqing attacked Mr. Dongguo from the front with her pre-heaven
    seraphic energy, so Mr. Dongguo left Yu Duhe and directed his attention to Ji Beiqing again.
    Now Mr. Dongguo was fighting both Ji Beiqing and Yu Duhe, Ji Beiqing was quite concerned about Yu Duhe and said:"Chancellor Yu, don't engage him head on. Tire him out!"
    This is what Mr. Dongguo feared because using the ephemeral form dexetiry was quite fatiguing for the body, but if he did
    not use this skill he could not ward off these two top martial artists.
    Mr. Dongguo looked at his brother and Feng San, he saw that those martial artists were gaining the upper hand on Feng San
    and Dongguo Gao. Feng San and Dongguo Gao were each facing seven, eight martial arts experts and they had to make sure
    that these people did not reach Yu Peiyu. Their situation was most dire.
    Mr. Dongguo could not help them because he was being detained by Yu Duhe and Ji Beiqing, he looked around with his sharp eyes and saw a pile of dirt was between him and Ji Beiqing and Yu Duhe.
    He suddenly blasted that pile of dirt with his powerful energy, the dirt and sand were sent flying creating a dust cloud.
    Ji Beiqing and Yu Duhe retreated backwards and when the cloud settled, they saw Mr. Dongguo shooting towards the waterfall like a comet.
    In mid-air he shouted:"The sack of universal mystery, the preceptor of the sack is here! Cowards, leave!"
    He dashed towards eighth squire Fu.

end of chapter 39

*Wang Zhaojun: One of the Four Classic Beauties of Chinese history. She was an imperial Concubine of the emperor Yuan of
    the Han dynasty. In the year 33 B.C. she chose to marry to the king of the Xiongnu tribe.
    Last edited by Athena; 10-17-03 at 11:46 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Thank you very much for the translation. I still think there will be too much unresolved issues on the ending though.

Mr. Dongguo laughed:"Very good! Cuckold friend!"
    best quote evar lol

What a cliffhanger....

*but thanx for the critical update Athena
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

Thanks for the update Athena.

The storyline of this chapter was good, but not as great as some of the earlier chapters. I'm starting to agree with some of the other members who said that the storyline here is a bit rushed. How can Ji BeiQing and DongGuo make such an obvious mistake? These two don't display the genius of people like Long XiaoYun, Lin Xian Er, etc...

Wow, so master Nu did make a reappearance. Wonder if the 1 armed leader of the Heavenly Silkworm sect will reappear too, he seemed like a high level fighter/genius.

Still, the story is very fun to read.

Edit: so this story is happening in the Han dynasty, probably a bit after Jesus was born. I never imagined it to be this ancient!
    Last edited by JiaMoZhi; 10-16-03 at 03:50 PM.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

No, it is not set in the Han dynasty. But that courtesan was named after one of the four Classic Beauties of the Chinese history. Sorry I should have been a bit more detailed about that part.
    Meaning that Little Zhaojun was very beautiful too, not surprising that Feng San was quite fond of her. So fond that he ran out of gold.
    Last edited by Athena; 10-16-03 at 04:08 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Hi, i am not new here, have been reading for well over 6 months, but this story is so well translated that I had to register and thank you for translating it, I can't read chinese myself.

But a quick question, can anyone list out the name of the Top Ten Martial Artists?

Obviously these are not the top 10 as there are many that are more powerful than them, but everytime I can a count, there are less than ten, unless Tian Chixing, Parrot, etc. are part of the list, which I don't think they are.

Also, how did the fake Yu FangHe become so powerful, even the real Yu FangHe was at best a low level Top Ten fighter, but this fake one manage to battle Mr. Dongguo and not get killed. Feng San was able to kill some of the Top 10 Martial Artists without breaking a sweat, and I'm sure everyone will agree Mr. Dongguo was at least a level above Feng San.

Thanks for the translation again.

gosh, it was so gud!!! I really glad that on GL realm there are still good people around besides Yu PeiYu.

I wonder if in the end Yu PeiYu will be the greatest after he finished the training.

I'm no expert in this novel but I assume this is the ranks for the fighters in TSATE

1. Dongguo
    2. Feng San
    3. Ji Beiqing
    4. Master Nu
    5. The Parrot (edit: actually I'm not sure about his martial art, he's good in drive people crazy for sure)

he,he,he... just trying to see if I'm right.
    Last edited by eeyore; 10-17-03 at 01:38 AM.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

how bout the parrot.Is it goin to come out in the end??...Looks like the parrot is also a top fighter.